Submitted by Valay 990d ago | news

Amazon: Xbox 360 Live Subscription Gold Card for $40

Amazon is currently offering the Xbox 360 Live Subscription Gold Card for $39.99. In most cases, Amazon sells the card for $20 extra. (Xbox 360)

DA_SHREDDER  +   991d ago
If I was gaming as long as I have been and been paying for xbox live I would have spent over $1200 bucks, and that's by buying cards on the cheap.
StrongMan  +   990d ago
WHOA!!! That's would have been $1200 bucks just to play online and access features that are free everywhere else!!

Why do people defend this?

----because they aren't free everywhere else. that's just what people who make this petty argument like to tell themselves.----

Online play, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, internet radio, access to Netflix, access to Hulu+ ARE FREE EVERYWHERE ELSE! You are delusional or have been living under a rock for the past 6 years.
#1.1 (Edited 990d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(13) | Report | Reply
TheRealSpy  +   990d ago

you don't want, don't buy it. it's that simple. i do want it, i do buy it. and i don't need to hear, for the 1000th time, this same tired, idiotic comment.

on pc, if you want cross game voice chat, you rent vent or ts. on xbox, you pay for live. on ps3...oh wait. not available. even when you pay for plus.

so there's one example. vent, btw, to host 25 people is twice as much as xbox live and the ONLY feature you're getting is chat.
#1.1.1 (Edited 990d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(9) | Report
Jek_Porkins  +   990d ago
How are you still allowed on this site? All you do is bash every single Microsoft/Nintendo article and troll anyone who enjoys anything from those companies.

Xbox Live has offered things not available on other platforms since it launched all of those years ago. People are free to spend their own money on whatever they wish yes? I mean I thought people were crazy to spend $599 on the PS3 at launch, but I didn't sit there and berate anyone because they had a difference of opinion. Live and let live kiddo, you come across as if you are pleading for people to come around to your way of thinking. YOU are what's wrong with this generation. You complain, argue, call names, troll and in general are just ignorant to anyone or anything that isn't exactly like you.

Wake up, stop trolling.
TheGamerDood  +   990d ago

How is he bashing Live? Is any of what he said untrue? No. He's just stating his opinion... we are still allowed to do that on this site, right?
Temporary  +   990d ago
lol @ people who think Live isnt a scam.
Bnet343  +   990d ago
PSN doesn't have party chat so obviously it's not available everywhere else. PSN being free makes games like Metal Gear Online go away yet I can still play a launch title like Perfect Dark Zero still. Riddle me that one. And if you're seriously complaining about $40 A YEAR, that's just sad. Get a job.
neoMAXMLC  +   990d ago

"PSN doesn't have party chat so obviously it's not available everywhere else."

Actually, yes it does.

" PSN being free makes games like Metal Gear Online go away yet I can still play a launch title like Perfect Dark Zero still. Riddle me that one."

Almost every EA game go offline within a few years on Xbox Live despite paying for a fee. Riddle me That one.
#1.1.6 (Edited 990d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(4) | Report
Bnet343  +   990d ago
OH OH IM SORRY. let me be more specific. PSN does not have a party chat with voice. it has that useles text chat. you know exactly what im trying to say.

I'll riddle you that one, those are on EA parts, not Microsoft. Nice try, going to EA lol, troll fail. Get out. EA wants to host their own servers, fuck them. It should be the way MS has it. please don't start the PSN vs Xbox Live thing. I have both, I know what I'm talking about. You get more value with all the free games with PSN Plus, but the actual service stinks compared to Xbox Live.
LAZL0-Panaflex  +   990d ago
I see your point, and i used to argue that same point, but last christmas i got the 360 blackops/skyrim forza4 bundle, from gamestop(blackfridadeal) and i played black ops 2 and it just played and looked better than the ps3 versions. So i went back and played alot of the same games over but on the xbox and low and behold they look better.

Plus i like the 360 controller better. I bought the pelican trigger extensios for the dualshock and its much better for call of duty and killzone, but on uncharted and battlefield i cant swap r1&r2 or l1 for l2. And i hate shooting with those flat buttons.

So in theory yes free online is better if the games were visually equal....but alot of them arent. Believe me i checked. So in my eyes now i pay for better graphics, less lag, less jive ass peeps, better interface,Plus i got a man sized controller, better 3rd party games

So i netflix on ps3 & play infamous,killzone, god of war, uncharted and other exclusives on ps3
And i play forza gears and all the 3rd party on xbox

I also prefer gamer points over trophies, platinums hold you hostage gamer points you can knock off whenever. I stopped at 14 platinums, some of those bronzes keep u from getting that damn platinum, on xbox if i'm at 920 points on a game i can just quit and leave the dumb, unreasonable, hard acievements behind which i do frequently.
Plus i like cross game chat alot. And no,...i dont like talking on my cell while i game. When my bluetooth dies, i listen to 80's rock. Its awesome playing uncharted 2 deathmatch to metal.
#1.1.8 (Edited 990d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
GusBricker  +   990d ago
And you'd be a liar.

It's only been in existence for 11 years and even at 60 bucks a year that's 660 bucks.
#1.2 (Edited 990d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RandomEclipse  +   990d ago
1200$? Well thats only because you're including your WHOLE gaming career.. because if you've payed an average of 50$ for seven years thats only 300$.. the comment seems trollish and irrelevant

OT: This is a pretty good deal and just grabbed one to throw on an extra year onto my account. Considering that i save a good amount more than 40$ and play of online multiplayer, this is definitely worth it for me.
Bigpappy  +   990d ago
Just when to Amazon and grabbed mine. I have had XBL for 11yrs. I am ready to move to the next box without missing a beat.
#1.4 (Edited 990d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Knight_Crawler  +   990d ago
Smart move Bigs but that can also be a double sided sword if MS decides to raise the price say by $10.

This would mean that your 1 year cards wont work until you pay the balance...unless MS decides to hon or your cards because the y were baought after the hike of price.

Also all the PS3 fanboys above, dont you guys ever get tired of ranting about payiong for Live? If you think you guys are doing us a favor becuase you want us to swtich to the PS3 then I have sad news for you...PSN is ok but lacks smooth integrtaion when switching from gaming to social mode so NO WE STILL WANT TO PAY FOR LIVE.
romancer  +   990d ago
I've never spent more than $39.95 per year for my Live subscription, and, unlike DA Shredder, I have not been playing for 30 years -- which i would have to do to reach $1,200.

My Live subscription costs about the same as a Vente Americano once a month -- and gives me more pleasure than one cup of coffee.

But to each his own.... Live and let live -- and all that.
#1.5 (Edited 990d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ApolloTheBoss  +   990d ago
How bout FREE, Microsoft? Enough of this ripoff.
TheRealSpy  +   990d ago
They USUALLY have this deal. anyone that pays 60 is a sucker
profgerbik  +   990d ago
A lot of suckers in the world. Hell I am glad someone stole my Xbox 360 a while ago.

Ain't nobody got time for that $60 sub for nothing. Wouldn't mind it so much if you actually got more from it than just being able to play online but whatever.
#3.1 (Edited 990d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
ABizzel1  +   990d ago
Newegg has it for less

DarthJay  +   990d ago
Got that one earlier.
chasegarcia  +   990d ago
#1 reason I don't have an Xbox360 and will not get x720. I refuse to pay for Live.
#5 (Edited 990d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
chasegarcia  +   990d ago
Too bad for me because I like the Xbox brand. Especially Kinect and X-SGlass.
#5.1 (Edited 990d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Tctczach  +   990d ago
35 dollars a year is nothing to complain about, especially if someone is pleased by the online support and content.
Jek_Porkins  +   990d ago
If you have Best Buy points they are running a sale starting on the 27th where you can get a year of XBL for only $35.

To those complaining about it, don't get it. Please let everyone who enjoys the service spend their own money on what they want without harassment.

I spend more than $35 a MONTH on hair cuts, gas, beer, cable, car insurance and a ton of other services or goods. My bank charges me $5 a month for checking, which is more than XBL.

Get over it, use it or don't, but stop presuming to tell people what they should or shouldn't spend their own damn money on.
YodaCracker  +   990d ago
There's an unprecedented level of trolling going on over this article about a sale on Xbox LIVE. This is not an article discussing the pros and cons of the service or comparing its value to other services. You people ruin this site with this pathetic behavior.
iNathan  +   990d ago
Why does Sony fans allways come to MS News?
If you dont like dont buy it, everyone is free to do whatever wants, its a free world...

You guys need a lady or a life.. Go Workout, go meet people, stop being fat, get laid.
optimus  +   990d ago
Wow, this whole "everywhere else is free" has become redundant now...doesn't the argument apply to people that pay 30-60 dollars a month for gym memberships?? They can do squats, pushups, aerobics, etc. at home but they CHOOSE to pay for it, so are they crazy too?? What about people that pay monthly for satellite radio when they can easily listen to the same song on a regular radio or better still, a cd or mp3?...

Seems like a Live subscription is the only thing the ps fanboys have to complain about...if by chance microsoft decides to do away with charging to play next generation will they abandon their precious playstations?

Best buy will also price match the amazon or new egg deal if you don't feel like waiting for the mail...that's what i did the week before Christmas when they had the same deal again.
#10 (Edited 990d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
M-M  +   990d ago
Paying to see ads yearly ;).
SOULJER  +   990d ago
Oh shit amazon been robbing us. Serious. You mean charging me to use my game online is ok. Microsoft wised up and drop the annual fee from its PC audience. They even went, so far as to reimburse some of the the live gold subscribers. Why the hell are X-box live subscribers still being lollipop. When Microsoft was ask. Their reasoning was they're different services for different audiences. That's bull. i'ts the same service. Matter a fact its even better for them. PC gamer's got wise,to Microsoft's game. Gamer's need to do the same.
Rivitur  +   990d ago
12$ a year ftw though last year before the dashboard update I got free months through dashboard deals so more like 9$ a year.
jjb1981  +   990d ago
I like games

Hyperdimension Neptunia­™ Re;Birth3: V Generation Heading To Steam On Oct 30th

18m ago - Compile Heart's latest Hyperdimension Neptunia remake is heading to Steam on October 30th right i... | PC

ZTGD | NBA 2K16 Review

18m ago - Ryan Wombold writes: The NBA 2K series has built a reputation as a juggernaut in the sports game... | PC

Top 5 Movies To See This Month

Now - The month of September has Johnny Depp portraying an enraged criminal, a group of climbers trying to make it home safely, and the return of the sur... | Promoted post

The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition now available for the Playstation 4

31m ago - Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe today announced in conjunction with games developer Croteam and... | PS4

ZTGD | Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below Review

38m ago - Ken McKown writes: If you would have asked me six months ago if I would be considering putting a... | PS4

Why is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided set two years after Human Revolution?

38m ago - Examiner: "Now that games like Deus Ex have a few entries, characters, and a defined arc, the fu... | PC