Submitted by john2 601d ago | news

Vigil Games 'Crawler' Would Blow People Away; Platinum Games May Be Interested In The Darksiders IP

DSOGaming writes: "As we’ve already stated, Vigil Games is no more. However, we just found out that the company was preparing a new game that was going to blow people away." (PC, PlatinumGames, PS3, Vigil Games, Xbox 360)

Credit url: neogaf.com
fantasygamer  +   601d ago
Hope this pans out and Platinum Games is able to save Vigil Games.
ThanatosDMC  +   601d ago
I hope they get the IP and make boss fights and enemies actually harder to kill. Darksiders series have the worst boss fights. It's mostly wait and counter. I want a dynamic fight. They could have made Death awesome by making the boss fights harder to beat but I guess casual gamers will cry if the bosses had any sense of difficulty.

I like the series but I'm not being forced to use all my abilities because it's so easy.
#1.1 (Edited 601d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Daoshai  +   600d ago
Not sure you've completed the game then. There are tough fights in the game, have you tried the crucible?
ThanatosDMC  +   600d ago
I'm talking about boss fights. Normal enemies were fine.

At least, it wasnt as bad as Darksiders 1 boss battles. Remember the bat? I forgot his name but that was anti-climatic. The skeletons and the level design on the way were much more interesting compared to the boss. Actually, that applied to all of them...

I actually wished there were more levels in the arena like the 9999 levels of Bloody Palace with constant boss battles for every level that's divisible by 10 and non-stop epic boss fights at lv 9999.

Weird that people do not wish for better boss battles. I want the game to be even greater than what it is. Do you guys really think Absalom was a worthy final boss? Samael minus the lame fireball dodging was way better.

Hopefully, Darksiders 3 (Platinum Games) would more combat/skill oriented, especially since they got the loot system and the level up system down properly.
rpd123  +   600d ago
I thought the boss fights were alright, some were hard some were easy. Honestly I think the way boss fights are executed in most games is stupid. They are typically very repetitive (eg-you have to hit one part of the boss and then he's weak for a bit and then you have to attack while they recover). They also usually depart from the games typical gameplay, which kind of irritates me.
ThanatosDMC  +   600d ago
^Exactly
rpd123  +   600d ago
@ ThanatosDMC

Glad someone agrees.
majiebeast  +   601d ago
Oh god not Platinum games they are the most overrated developer this gen. The Metal gear revengeance demo is shit combat sucks so bad, no skill required just button mashing. They get a free pass for past success as cloverfield studios at Capcom

I would like to see a western dev/publisher pick up the franchise.
#2 (Edited 601d ago ) | Agree(20) | Disagree(33) | Report | Reply
RyuX19  +   601d ago
Uh huh.
Blacklash93  +   601d ago
I dunno. Madworld, Bayonetta, and Vanquish were pretty great (especially Bayonetta). I haven't tried MGR, but P* is a proven developer both now and in the past as Clover.
Seraphim  +   601d ago
Bayonetta and Vanquish were both excellent games. I think the problem with MGR, well even Kojima Productions couldn't make it. MGR is just a difficult concept to execute. Fact of the matter is like their games or not Platinum is making some solid games well deserving of any praise they've received... two cents.
Oh_Yeah  +   600d ago
Have you ever played Vanquish? The gameplay in that game is amazing...Don't doubt platinum games man.
Ser  +   600d ago
I kind of agree. I hated Bayonetta, and I love DMC. Platinum Games is garnering all of this praise and rabid fans, but I really don't see what all the fuss is about. lol
shotgun_ps3  +   601d ago
OMG Platinum Games are one of the best developers in the world at the moment. MGR looks amazing, and judging from their previous work on Bayonetta and how amazing Vanquish was, it's going to be to the same quality. With them doing Darksiders, it could become an amazing franchise. Fingers well and truly crossed on this one.
#3 (Edited 601d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
john2  +   601d ago
Well, it is happening as we speak. Cureton has already shown his interest to work with Platinum. Incoming announcement? :D
RTheRebel  +   601d ago
shhh there still butthurt about bayonetta 2 shhh
lol
shotgun_ps3  +   601d ago
Bayonetta 2 did hurt, but I don't blame Platinum for that one. I blame every publisher that turned the game down. Plus, having the game in the world is a lot better than not having it.
showtimefolks  +   601d ago
i want to see god of war team work on darksiders 3 just to see what their vision could be, but this is more of a fan dream than anything else. i don't think sony will buy the IP but i do see one of the console makers buy this
Skips  +   601d ago
If anything, I'd like to see Sony Santa Monica create their own version of the Four Horsemen.
pr0t0typeknuckles  +   601d ago
platinum please buy it, please darksiders is an ip that deserves to be continued, i really want to play as fury, and then strife.
Kingofwiiu  +   601d ago
TBH I never played DS1 when it first came out , but with announcement of DS2 I played DS1 for 360 and loved it , amazing game. I just finished DS2 for Wiiu last week and it's even better. Great story , great franchise , great games.

Deserves a new home.
TheDivine  +   601d ago
I say let Nintendo buy it and buy Platinum while they're at it. Need some so called core games to woo in the HD console owners. Would be a match made in heaven and if N owned Platinum we might finally get an Infinite Space sequel I so desperately desire.

I'd say keep Vigil together as the dev though. Don't hand off the ip as they know they're baby best. This THQ thing could really benefit some console makers as they can pick up some awesome ip's and developers. Hope all peeps find work soon.
#5.2 (Edited 601d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
RyuX19  +   601d ago
Really people are disagreeing with this? Platinum Games could take this combat to a whole other dimension. Hopefully they would hire some guys from Vigil for the story and the guy who designed the combat for DS2. I read a forum post from him and it seems like he is a huge fan of games like Devil May Cry so working with Platinum could be a dream come true for him.
#6 (Edited 601d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
RuleofOne343  +   601d ago
Could be due to the fact they are working with Nintendo on Bayonetta 2 & people don't want Darksider to go the same route as Bayonetta 2 went.
RyuX19  +   601d ago
They are working on Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 for Nintendo, but that's it. They were not bought buy Nintendo at all. We have no idea where Platinum could land. They could be working with Konami in the future for all we know.
#6.1.1 (Edited 601d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report
doogiebear  +   601d ago
Platinum is perfect. Keep in mind as that key members of Platinum came from "Clover Studios"--The same team that made Okami, and The Legend of Zelda: Seasons and Ages game for Gameboy (when Capcom made it for Nintendo). It's EXACTLY the style of game Platinum alone is equipped to make.
TheDivine  +   601d ago
Also made minish cap I believe. That game was awesome. I'd love to see an Okami sequel on HD consoles. I know there's the ds title I haven't tried yet (kinda pricey now that's been out a while) but I'd settle for a 3ds sequel. Platinum has made some seriously good games as did clover. They def know Zelda-ish games well, second only to Nin themselves.
T-What  +   601d ago
I think platinum is a good publisher for Darksiders as long as they don't mess with the story and make it to action packed, but at this point in time I will take anyone buying Volition, I don't want them to not exist anymore.
BlaqMagiq24  +   601d ago
Imagine Platinum picking up the franchise. What they could do with it is amazing.
matrixman92  +   601d ago
platinum is good...make this happen platinum
BlackWolf  +   601d ago
Go Platinum!! Save Darksiders!!
jc48573  +   601d ago
I think people need to worry about saving the franchise than being concerned about who is picking it up. I wouldn't mind PG though.
#11.1 (Edited 601d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
porkChop  +   601d ago
I'm really surprised that neither Sony or Bethesda wanted Darksiders. Platinum Games would most likely shut Vigil down and develop the games themselves. I really don't want that. And they're only interested because they think they can get it for dirt cheap.
#12 (Edited 601d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DevilishSix  +   600d ago
As others have said and as a fan of the series, Platinum Games or Sony Santa Monica would be perfect new homes. My only worry is keeping the art style created by Joe Mad consistent going forward or would they go a diffeent art style for Darksiders?
aLiEnViSiToR  +   600d ago
If this happens it would mean that there will be no more Vigil Games (Darksiders series) for PC D:

7 Things You Might Not Know About Bungie

3m ago - Here's a list of 7 things you might not have known about Destiny's developer Bungie. | Industry

Sakurai addresses Ice Climbers’ absence in Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS and more in new Famitsu column

4m ago - In this week’s issue of Famitsu, Masahiro Sakurai published his latest bi-weekly column. The Smas... | Wii U

Race Team Manager - Guide: Tips, Cheats and Strategies

6m ago - Wp - "Race Team Manager is a new iOS game that turns the idea of a traditional racing game on its... | iPhone

Humble Store End of Summer Sale – Indie Games and Charity

10m ago - Grab It takes a look through the latest Humble sale at the indie gems definitely worth picking up. | PC

Access to Geekmemore.com the Best Geek Dating experience!

Now - N4G is now partner with Geekmemore.com. Enjoy for free and with illimited access all the feature of this new site! Promo Code NFRUHD59 | Promoted post

Comedy Game 60 Seconds Announced For iOS

10m ago - A new interesting iOS game called 60 Seconds has been recently announced. | iPhone