Submitted by jujubee88 736d ago | article

PSA: VITA's got 24/7 free cross-game chat

It's called "Party". Get it? (PS Vita, Tech)

Snookies12  +   737d ago
Well... Yes, we know this. It's a fantastic feature and usually works very well. You can use that OR Skype for free on Vita.
mandf  +   737d ago
It works really well. I played final fantasy 2 all night chatting with friends and no problems.
Snookies12  +   737d ago
Hah, for a second there I thought you meant the PSP Anniversary edition... Was about to say, when the heck did they put that up on the PSN!?

Forgot they added Origins. Yeah though, it's really nice to be able to talk while playing just about any game. Although for some reason, it doesn't work with Disgaea 3 for Vita. They might have fixed it since last I checked, but every time I started that game up I got kicked out of the Party chat.
mandf  +   737d ago
Yeah it's the origin version. I'm doing a marathon this month to beat all the final fantasy game 1-9. It will probably be like 2 months worth. A lot of grinding to do.
Bowzabub  +   737d ago
Yup, we have XGC with voice (up to 8) AND video(1on1). Owned.
#3 (Edited 737d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
enkeixpress  +   736d ago
The same unfortunately can't be said for another network gaming service.. beginning with 'X' by M$.. >_>
#4 (Edited 736d ago ) | Agree(18) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
SignifiedSix  +   736d ago
Had to bring that up like the child you are? Do you sony fanboys thrive off of trolling or something?

Grow up, child.

OT. Im glad they added this to the vita as its a very good feature. There's nothing better than having a room of 8 people playing the same game on the same team.
You always seem to win when you play and communicate with a group of friends.
If they add it to the next PS, they better throw in a decent mic with the console. Almost every server i go into on bf3 for the ps3 is pretty much dead quiet.
I hate that.
#4.1 (Edited 736d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(28) | Report | Reply
ddurand1  +   736d ago
your belittling condescending post was so much more mature, thanks for that.
Mounce  +   736d ago
He had to bring it up, but you had to lash out at him, call him a child. Yet in the process, all most people see you as is a raging child having a tempertantrum about what another 'child' said on the internet.

He can be biased to Microsoft if he wishes, no need to get your jimmies rustled.
Software_Lover  +   736d ago
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here...................

I thought this feature was crap, when it was on the xbox360?

I never have, and probably will never own a handheld, and I've been around since the original black and white gameboy, but it is great that the vita has this feature.
jon1234  +   736d ago
for those of you people who dont know... due to a small vocabulary i will post up the definition of devils advocate to prevent any hate comments or unwarranted disagrees on this user because its happend to me...

Devils advocate: a devil's advocate is someone who, given a certain argument, takes a position he or she does not necessarily agree with
yeahokchief  +   736d ago
who cares
jon1234  +   736d ago
i do :)

which is why i posted it.
#5.1.2 (Edited 736d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(2) | Report
MasterCornholio  +   736d ago
The feature isnt crap at all on the XBOX360. Whats crappy about it is that Microsoft requires you to have a gold subscription in order to access it while Sony doesnt require you to have plus in order to use it.

Thats the main difference its free on one platform and on the other one it isnt. People say it doesnt matter because its a handheld but everyone knows that Sony will provide crossgame/ crossplatform chat on the PS4 for free while Microsoft will continue to require you to rent the feature from them.

Off Topic: Honestly the only thing that i will rent from either Microsoft or Sony is to access a catalog of full games from them. I would never pay for online multiplayer or voice chat because those features are offered on most platforms for free (except XBOXlive and others that i dont know of).
#5.2 (Edited 736d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KingKelloggTheWH  +   736d ago
I never liked talking to people who are in other games.It annoys me.
Positiv3tension  +   736d ago
"Again, single player VITA games (like Uncharted: Golden Abyss)
disable online and cross-game chat"

A patch for Uncharted: GA actually enabled network features so you can indeed chat while you play now but yeah,

It is a really nifty feature.
I sort of wish my 3DS could do something like that, but I guess I'll make do with Swapnote for now.
#6 (Edited 736d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
neoMAXMLC  +   736d ago
Holy crap, are you serious? I thought they needed to disable it to make the game look as good as it is. Awesome news to hear that network features can still work even for a game as graphically ambitious as that one on a handheld.
dsfwefdfgerg   736d ago | Spam
jwk94  +   736d ago
I'd rather pay for this, you'd get a better service.....Oh, who am I kidding. I'd never pay for online.
Y_5150  +   736d ago
Someone needs to add me on PSN so I can finally try out this feature. So many years with a Wii and PS3 it never feels like I can be able to do such a thing. :P
DivineAssault  +   736d ago
Can 3DS do it too? wait can u even talk to people in multiplayer on 3ds? i havent turned mine on in a long time
#10 (Edited 736d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Stay-Toasty  +   736d ago
can i party chat with people on their ps3s while on my vita? or is only if everyone is on the vita? I dont really have many friends that have a vita at the moment.
portal_2  +   736d ago
PS3 don't support voice party chat sadly.
PAYNEinc85  +   736d ago
Couldnt they link this to the PS3 and use this for party chat on PS3? I'm sure it's possible.
kupomogli  +   736d ago
Vita party mode and Xbox Live are both amazing features.

Hands-on Impressions of Moonrise, a Solid Mobile Creature Collection RPG | Entertainment Buddha

27m ago - EB's Matt Heywood writes, "PAX South was full of soon-to-be released titles from a variety of stu... | iPhone

Grim Fandango Remastered might be the perfect video game remake | Theverge Review

44m ago - TV: "There wasn't anything like Grim Fandango when it first came out in 1998. Nearly two decades... | PC

Dying Light Guide: Blueprint Location Guide

1h ago - Crafting will be one of the keys to victory in Dying Light. In order to get the best equipment yo... | PC

Dying Light Guide: Tower Side Quest Guide

1h ago - The Tower is one of the first areas in Dying Light that you can get side quests. Helping the citi... | PC

Check out the new Bloodborne Trailer

Now - Sony just released a new trailer of the upcoming PS4 exclusive by From Software and SCE Japan Studio. | Promoted post

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Lady Hammerlock Pack Impressions: The Ice Queen Opens Fire | Shacknews

1h ago - SN: Aurelia Hammerlock makes her debut as the latest addition to Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Can... | PC