Submitted by jujubee88 538d ago | article

PSA: VITA's got 24/7 free cross-game chat

It's called "Party". Get it? (PS Vita, Tech)

Snookies12  +   538d ago
Well... Yes, we know this. It's a fantastic feature and usually works very well. You can use that OR Skype for free on Vita.
mandf  +   538d ago
It works really well. I played final fantasy 2 all night chatting with friends and no problems.
Snookies12  +   538d ago
Hah, for a second there I thought you meant the PSP Anniversary edition... Was about to say, when the heck did they put that up on the PSN!?

Forgot they added Origins. Yeah though, it's really nice to be able to talk while playing just about any game. Although for some reason, it doesn't work with Disgaea 3 for Vita. They might have fixed it since last I checked, but every time I started that game up I got kicked out of the Party chat.
mandf  +   538d ago
Yeah it's the origin version. I'm doing a marathon this month to beat all the final fantasy game 1-9. It will probably be like 2 months worth. A lot of grinding to do.
Bowzabub  +   538d ago
Yup, we have XGC with voice (up to 8) AND video(1on1). Owned.
#3 (Edited 538d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
enkeixpress  +   538d ago
The same unfortunately can't be said for another network gaming service.. beginning with 'X' by M$.. >_>
#4 (Edited 538d ago ) | Agree(18) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
SignifiedSix  +   538d ago
Had to bring that up like the child you are? Do you sony fanboys thrive off of trolling or something?

Grow up, child.

OT. Im glad they added this to the vita as its a very good feature. There's nothing better than having a room of 8 people playing the same game on the same team.
You always seem to win when you play and communicate with a group of friends.
If they add it to the next PS, they better throw in a decent mic with the console. Almost every server i go into on bf3 for the ps3 is pretty much dead quiet.
I hate that.
#4.1 (Edited 538d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(28) | Report | Reply
ddurand1  +   538d ago
your belittling condescending post was so much more mature, thanks for that.
Mounce  +   537d ago
He had to bring it up, but you had to lash out at him, call him a child. Yet in the process, all most people see you as is a raging child having a tempertantrum about what another 'child' said on the internet.

He can be biased to Microsoft if he wishes, no need to get your jimmies rustled.
Software_Lover  +   538d ago
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here...................

I thought this feature was crap, when it was on the xbox360?

I never have, and probably will never own a handheld, and I've been around since the original black and white gameboy, but it is great that the vita has this feature.
jon1234  +   538d ago
for those of you people who dont know... due to a small vocabulary i will post up the definition of devils advocate to prevent any hate comments or unwarranted disagrees on this user because its happend to me...

Devils advocate: a devil's advocate is someone who, given a certain argument, takes a position he or she does not necessarily agree with
yeahokchief  +   538d ago
who cares
jon1234  +   538d ago
i do :)

which is why i posted it.
#5.1.2 (Edited 538d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(2) | Report
MasterCornholio  +   537d ago
The feature isnt crap at all on the XBOX360. Whats crappy about it is that Microsoft requires you to have a gold subscription in order to access it while Sony doesnt require you to have plus in order to use it.

Thats the main difference its free on one platform and on the other one it isnt. People say it doesnt matter because its a handheld but everyone knows that Sony will provide crossgame/ crossplatform chat on the PS4 for free while Microsoft will continue to require you to rent the feature from them.

Off Topic: Honestly the only thing that i will rent from either Microsoft or Sony is to access a catalog of full games from them. I would never pay for online multiplayer or voice chat because those features are offered on most platforms for free (except XBOXlive and others that i dont know of).
#5.2 (Edited 537d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KingKelloggTheWH  +   537d ago
I never liked talking to people who are in other games.It annoys me.
Positiv3tension  +   538d ago
"Again, single player VITA games (like Uncharted: Golden Abyss)
disable online and cross-game chat"

A patch for Uncharted: GA actually enabled network features so you can indeed chat while you play now but yeah,

It is a really nifty feature.
I sort of wish my 3DS could do something like that, but I guess I'll make do with Swapnote for now.
#6 (Edited 538d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
neoMAXMLC  +   537d ago
Holy crap, are you serious? I thought they needed to disable it to make the game look as good as it is. Awesome news to hear that network features can still work even for a game as graphically ambitious as that one on a handheld.
dsfwefdfgerg   538d ago | Spam
jwk94  +   538d ago
I'd rather pay for this, you'd get a better service.....Oh, who am I kidding. I'd never pay for online.
Y_5150  +   537d ago
Someone needs to add me on PSN so I can finally try out this feature. So many years with a Wii and PS3 it never feels like I can be able to do such a thing. :P
DivineAssault  +   537d ago
Can 3DS do it too? wait can u even talk to people in multiplayer on 3ds? i havent turned mine on in a long time
#10 (Edited 537d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Stay-Toasty  +   537d ago
can i party chat with people on their ps3s while on my vita? or is only if everyone is on the vita? I dont really have many friends that have a vita at the moment.
portal_2  +   537d ago
PS3 don't support voice party chat sadly.
PAYNEinc85  +   537d ago
Couldnt they link this to the PS3 and use this for party chat on PS3? I'm sure it's possible.
kupomogli  +   537d ago
Vita party mode and Xbox Live are both amazing features.

Top 10 Wishlist for Zelda U

1h ago - Zelda Informer: "We know what Zelda U looks like. We know it is based on an open world concept. B... | Wii U

10 Awesome Platformers Not Made By Nintendo

1h ago - WC writes: Although Nintendo was a driving force of the platformer genre, it absolutely has not h... | PC

Skip Fish in Fish Out of Water on Android

2h ago - Carl Williams writes, "Anyone that grew up near just about any size a body of water with some loo... | Android

Light Review | Hardcore Gamer

4h ago - Light feels like as if it is taking place inside the map radar HUD of Metal Gear Solid. So in ess... | PC

Start Making Games for the PS4

New Scribblenauts Unmasked Toys Announced

4h ago - DC Collectibles, a division of DC Comics, have announced the fifth and sixth series of action fig... | Culture