Submitted by jujubee88 638d ago | article

PSA: VITA's got 24/7 free cross-game chat

It's called "Party". Get it? (PS Vita, Tech)

Snookies12  +   638d ago
Well... Yes, we know this. It's a fantastic feature and usually works very well. You can use that OR Skype for free on Vita.
mandf  +   638d ago
It works really well. I played final fantasy 2 all night chatting with friends and no problems.
Snookies12  +   638d ago
Hah, for a second there I thought you meant the PSP Anniversary edition... Was about to say, when the heck did they put that up on the PSN!?

Forgot they added Origins. Yeah though, it's really nice to be able to talk while playing just about any game. Although for some reason, it doesn't work with Disgaea 3 for Vita. They might have fixed it since last I checked, but every time I started that game up I got kicked out of the Party chat.
mandf  +   638d ago
Yeah it's the origin version. I'm doing a marathon this month to beat all the final fantasy game 1-9. It will probably be like 2 months worth. A lot of grinding to do.
Bowzabub  +   638d ago
Yup, we have XGC with voice (up to 8) AND video(1on1). Owned.
#3 (Edited 638d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
enkeixpress  +   638d ago
The same unfortunately can't be said for another network gaming service.. beginning with 'X' by M$.. >_>
#4 (Edited 638d ago ) | Agree(18) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
SignifiedSix  +   638d ago
Had to bring that up like the child you are? Do you sony fanboys thrive off of trolling or something?

Grow up, child.

OT. Im glad they added this to the vita as its a very good feature. There's nothing better than having a room of 8 people playing the same game on the same team.
You always seem to win when you play and communicate with a group of friends.
If they add it to the next PS, they better throw in a decent mic with the console. Almost every server i go into on bf3 for the ps3 is pretty much dead quiet.
I hate that.
#4.1 (Edited 638d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(28) | Report | Reply
ddurand1  +   638d ago
your belittling condescending post was so much more mature, thanks for that.
Mounce  +   638d ago
He had to bring it up, but you had to lash out at him, call him a child. Yet in the process, all most people see you as is a raging child having a tempertantrum about what another 'child' said on the internet.

He can be biased to Microsoft if he wishes, no need to get your jimmies rustled.
Software_Lover  +   638d ago
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here...................

I thought this feature was crap, when it was on the xbox360?

I never have, and probably will never own a handheld, and I've been around since the original black and white gameboy, but it is great that the vita has this feature.
jon1234  +   638d ago
for those of you people who dont know... due to a small vocabulary i will post up the definition of devils advocate to prevent any hate comments or unwarranted disagrees on this user because its happend to me...

Devils advocate: a devil's advocate is someone who, given a certain argument, takes a position he or she does not necessarily agree with
yeahokchief  +   638d ago
who cares
jon1234  +   638d ago
i do :)

which is why i posted it.
#5.1.2 (Edited 638d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(2) | Report
MasterCornholio  +   638d ago
The feature isnt crap at all on the XBOX360. Whats crappy about it is that Microsoft requires you to have a gold subscription in order to access it while Sony doesnt require you to have plus in order to use it.

Thats the main difference its free on one platform and on the other one it isnt. People say it doesnt matter because its a handheld but everyone knows that Sony will provide crossgame/ crossplatform chat on the PS4 for free while Microsoft will continue to require you to rent the feature from them.

Off Topic: Honestly the only thing that i will rent from either Microsoft or Sony is to access a catalog of full games from them. I would never pay for online multiplayer or voice chat because those features are offered on most platforms for free (except XBOXlive and others that i dont know of).
#5.2 (Edited 638d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KingKelloggTheWH  +   638d ago
I never liked talking to people who are in other games.It annoys me.
Positiv3tension  +   638d ago
"Again, single player VITA games (like Uncharted: Golden Abyss)
disable online and cross-game chat"

A patch for Uncharted: GA actually enabled network features so you can indeed chat while you play now but yeah,

It is a really nifty feature.
I sort of wish my 3DS could do something like that, but I guess I'll make do with Swapnote for now.
#6 (Edited 638d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
neoMAXMLC  +   638d ago
Holy crap, are you serious? I thought they needed to disable it to make the game look as good as it is. Awesome news to hear that network features can still work even for a game as graphically ambitious as that one on a handheld.
dsfwefdfgerg   638d ago | Spam
jwk94  +   638d ago
I'd rather pay for this, you'd get a better service.....Oh, who am I kidding. I'd never pay for online.
Y_5150  +   638d ago
Someone needs to add me on PSN so I can finally try out this feature. So many years with a Wii and PS3 it never feels like I can be able to do such a thing. :P
DivineAssault  +   638d ago
Can 3DS do it too? wait can u even talk to people in multiplayer on 3ds? i havent turned mine on in a long time
#10 (Edited 638d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Stay-Toasty  +   638d ago
can i party chat with people on their ps3s while on my vita? or is only if everyone is on the vita? I dont really have many friends that have a vita at the moment.
portal_2  +   638d ago
PS3 don't support voice party chat sadly.
PAYNEinc85  +   638d ago
Couldnt they link this to the PS3 and use this for party chat on PS3? I'm sure it's possible.
kupomogli  +   638d ago
Vita party mode and Xbox Live are both amazing features.

A free-to-play version of Dead or Alive 5 may be coming to PS4 & Xbox One

18m ago - The game is alleged to have been revealed in this week's issue of Famitsu and said to be similar... | PS4

Are Smoke and Kenshi set to Return in Mortal Kombat X?

21m ago - Update: It could also be Ermac, the warrior composed of multiple souls who also has psychokinetic... | PC

XP Earned 14 | Selling Heroines in a Gamergate World

21m ago - 2ndFloorSemantics: I guess it was inevitable that eventually we would have to touch on the whole... | Culture

How Whales Splash The Cash In Mobile Gaming

22m ago - Skewed and Reviewed have posted an opinion piece stating how 1% of mobile gamers or "Whales" acco... | Culture

Start Making Games for the PS4

New shiny Xbox One Pure Pool screenshots surface

31m ago - Neil writes "Pure Pool is nearing its Xbox One release and to celebrate VooFoo Studios and Ripsto... | PC