Submitted by jujubee88 851d ago | article

PSA: VITA's got 24/7 free cross-game chat

It's called "Party". Get it? (PS Vita, Tech)

Snookies12  +   851d ago
Well... Yes, we know this. It's a fantastic feature and usually works very well. You can use that OR Skype for free on Vita.
mandf  +   851d ago
It works really well. I played final fantasy 2 all night chatting with friends and no problems.
Snookies12  +   851d ago
Hah, for a second there I thought you meant the PSP Anniversary edition... Was about to say, when the heck did they put that up on the PSN!?

Forgot they added Origins. Yeah though, it's really nice to be able to talk while playing just about any game. Although for some reason, it doesn't work with Disgaea 3 for Vita. They might have fixed it since last I checked, but every time I started that game up I got kicked out of the Party chat.
mandf  +   851d ago
Yeah it's the origin version. I'm doing a marathon this month to beat all the final fantasy game 1-9. It will probably be like 2 months worth. A lot of grinding to do.
Bowzabub  +   851d ago
Yup, we have XGC with voice (up to 8) AND video(1on1). Owned.
#3 (Edited 851d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
enkeixpress  +   851d ago
The same unfortunately can't be said for another network gaming service.. beginning with 'X' by M$.. >_>
#4 (Edited 851d ago ) | Agree(18) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
SignifiedSix  +   851d ago
Had to bring that up like the child you are? Do you sony fanboys thrive off of trolling or something?

Grow up, child.

OT. Im glad they added this to the vita as its a very good feature. There's nothing better than having a room of 8 people playing the same game on the same team.
You always seem to win when you play and communicate with a group of friends.
If they add it to the next PS, they better throw in a decent mic with the console. Almost every server i go into on bf3 for the ps3 is pretty much dead quiet.
I hate that.
#4.1 (Edited 851d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(28) | Report | Reply
ddurand1  +   851d ago
your belittling condescending post was so much more mature, thanks for that.
Mounce  +   851d ago
He had to bring it up, but you had to lash out at him, call him a child. Yet in the process, all most people see you as is a raging child having a tempertantrum about what another 'child' said on the internet.

He can be biased to Microsoft if he wishes, no need to get your jimmies rustled.
Software_Lover  +   851d ago
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here...................

I thought this feature was crap, when it was on the xbox360?

I never have, and probably will never own a handheld, and I've been around since the original black and white gameboy, but it is great that the vita has this feature.
jon1234  +   851d ago
for those of you people who dont know... due to a small vocabulary i will post up the definition of devils advocate to prevent any hate comments or unwarranted disagrees on this user because its happend to me...

Devils advocate: a devil's advocate is someone who, given a certain argument, takes a position he or she does not necessarily agree with
yeahokchief  +   851d ago
who cares
jon1234  +   851d ago
i do :)

which is why i posted it.
#5.1.2 (Edited 851d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(2) | Report
MasterCornholio  +   851d ago
The feature isnt crap at all on the XBOX360. Whats crappy about it is that Microsoft requires you to have a gold subscription in order to access it while Sony doesnt require you to have plus in order to use it.

Thats the main difference its free on one platform and on the other one it isnt. People say it doesnt matter because its a handheld but everyone knows that Sony will provide crossgame/ crossplatform chat on the PS4 for free while Microsoft will continue to require you to rent the feature from them.

Off Topic: Honestly the only thing that i will rent from either Microsoft or Sony is to access a catalog of full games from them. I would never pay for online multiplayer or voice chat because those features are offered on most platforms for free (except XBOXlive and others that i dont know of).
#5.2 (Edited 851d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KingKelloggTheWH  +   851d ago
I never liked talking to people who are in other games.It annoys me.
Positiv3tension  +   851d ago
"Again, single player VITA games (like Uncharted: Golden Abyss)
disable online and cross-game chat"

A patch for Uncharted: GA actually enabled network features so you can indeed chat while you play now but yeah,

It is a really nifty feature.
I sort of wish my 3DS could do something like that, but I guess I'll make do with Swapnote for now.
#6 (Edited 851d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
neoMAXMLC  +   851d ago
Holy crap, are you serious? I thought they needed to disable it to make the game look as good as it is. Awesome news to hear that network features can still work even for a game as graphically ambitious as that one on a handheld.
dsfwefdfgerg   851d ago | Spam
jwk94  +   851d ago
I'd rather pay for this, you'd get a better service.....Oh, who am I kidding. I'd never pay for online.
Y_5150  +   851d ago
Someone needs to add me on PSN so I can finally try out this feature. So many years with a Wii and PS3 it never feels like I can be able to do such a thing. :P
DivineAssault  +   851d ago
Can 3DS do it too? wait can u even talk to people in multiplayer on 3ds? i havent turned mine on in a long time
#10 (Edited 851d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Stay-Toasty  +   851d ago
can i party chat with people on their ps3s while on my vita? or is only if everyone is on the vita? I dont really have many friends that have a vita at the moment.
portal_2  +   851d ago
PS3 don't support voice party chat sadly.
PAYNEinc85  +   851d ago
Couldnt they link this to the PS3 and use this for party chat on PS3? I'm sure it's possible.
kupomogli  +   851d ago
Vita party mode and Xbox Live are both amazing features.

Super Meat Boy - Impossible Gaming

5m ago - After a somber and relaxing attempt to play Animal Crossing, Chadley busts out the Xbox 360 and s... | Retro

PlayStation Blogcast 165: You Got Severed

31m ago - Posted by Ryan Clements on May 21, 2015 // Social Media Specialist: What are the games, movie... | PS3

The Witcher 3

Now - All the lore you need to know. | Promoted post

GUNS UP! Private Access Opens Today – Join the Fight

31m ago - Posted by Ryan Blinsky on May 21, 2015 // Valkyrie Entertainment: Today, Valkyrie Entertainmen... | PS4

There is a New Lord of the Rings Total War Mod - Rise of Mordor

32m ago - The Total War franchise thrives on its mods. They keep the game fresh enough that people are stil... | PC

The Witcher 3 Pre-Order Keychain Is Unsuspectingly Versatile

32m ago - CD Projekt Red gives back to fans with The Witcher 3 keychain. | Culture