Submitted by Rearden 553d ago | article

Top 5 games we want to see on the Wii U

"We explore the top five third-party games available or coming to other consoles that we'd like to see on the Wii U." - Wii U Daily (Nintendo, Wii U)

rbailey  +   553d ago
This is a GREAT List. Why Ni No Kuni isn't coming out on Wii U is absolutely beyond questionable. Nintendo should at least have this game on there seeing as how they aren't having big games like Tomb Raider and BioShock Infinite on the platform. Just my opinion.
Godchild1020  +   553d ago
This is the one game I would love for the most amount of people to play. And since it was on the DS, I'm sure they can get it to work well on the Wii U.
Sanquine90  +   553d ago
Because ps3 is the biggest console out there. Hope it stays exclusive. I have a ps3 and a wii U but i already ordered it for ps3. Why another port ? Let it stay at ps3:)
jc48573  +   553d ago
when owning multiple consoles that's one of my biggest concerns. Which console should I buy it for? Should I really wait?
Sanquine90  +   553d ago
Hmm i think you should buy a wii U. Why? Newer games like MH3U , pikmin 3 and lots of Ninty gems.

Ps3 is almost at the end of his life. This year the last of us and some other awesome games but do not expect more exclusives coming in 2014. The wii U should have some awesome games in 2014
Oh_Yeah  +   553d ago
How bout Nintendo actually makes their own open world pokemon rpg for wii u instead of trying to get Sony's pokemon game (Ni no kuni)
#1.3 (Edited 553d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
Instigator  +   553d ago
It's not Sony's "Pokemon" game, it's Level 5's, and Ni no Kuni was on the DS long before PS3. Expanding Ni no Kuni's market would only be positive for Level 5, the Wii U and Ni no Kuni as a franchise.

I've already preordered the Wizard's Edition though, so unless it was the DS version that was ported or remade for the Wii U I wouldn't get it myself.
miyamoto  +   553d ago
LOL! Owned.
Oh_Yeah  +   553d ago
@Instigator I know all of this.. Still doesn't change the fact that Nintendo should be working on their own pokemon console game instead of trying to go after sony's "3rd party" pokemon game...That's just a cop out.
#1.3.3 (Edited 553d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(4) | Report
Instigator  +   552d ago
I agree with you that Nintendo should make a full-fledged Pokemon game for consoles, but I don't think that's a reason for Level 5 to not put a Ni no Kuni game on Wii U. It would only increase the game's chances of establishing itself as a franchise, something I'm sure Level 5 wouldn't mind.

As a Pokemon fan I can tell you that it's not because of the similarities between the two that I want the game. It's simply because it's seems like a great game from the talented folks over at Level 5 and Ghibli, and I want to support their hard work and the future of Ni no Kuni.

With that said, I'm not expecting it to happen. I just think it would be positive for everyone.
Zodiac  +   553d ago
Advance Wars.
PopRocks359  +   553d ago
This isn't a bad list at all. Heck I'd play the Wii U variant of these games, particularly Mass Effect Trilogy and Ni No Kuni.
#3 (Edited 553d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
kirbyu  +   553d ago
I want the console version of Sonic Generations on Wii U. Even if they port it to just Wii, I'd find that good enough.
Yangus  +   553d ago
Metal Gear Solid Rising
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Witcher 3
Cyberpunk 2077
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
Doom4
Etc..
Sanquine90  +   553d ago
Ni no kuni @ ps3exclusive :) Nintendo got lots of love from level 5 this game is some love for the ps3
Zodiac  +   553d ago
@Sanquine90. Agreed. Level 5 seemed to be playing favorites with Nintendo for a while, but the PS3 really scored with Ni no Kuni.
#7 (Edited 553d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
sknygy  +   553d ago
I would kill for Ni No Kuni on Wii U. Can not justify buying a PS3 just for this one game.
Kingofwiiu  +   553d ago
Well there is hundreds of games on the ps3 , maybe you could buy some of those too ? lol...

I'm sorry but I hate the ''I'm not buying system X just for game X'' logic , that's an extremely softcore attitude towards gaming.

I have a large stack for my wii , ps3 and 360 of games. Same will continue with wiiu , ps4 and 720.
NukaCola  +   553d ago
Yeah, that's a poor excuse for a comment. There's tons of games worth having on PS3.
sknygy  +   552d ago
Why? That's my take on it.
I have a 360 with near 40 games, I have a Wii with near 70, a 3DS with near 30 and a Wii U with 10.
I choose those over the PS3 as there's nothing unique about the PS3 that interests me. LBP - no, Uncharted - no, PABR - no. Resistance - no, Killlzone - no. Gran Turismo - no. (Yes I have played most of the above with friends, and not just making a snap judgement).

I'd probably be interested in Beyond, but haven't seen much to make me think, wow, I must get a PS3 for that. I was also interested in The Last of Us, but the more I see the less it appeals.

I also don't find the dual shock comfortable.

Hopefully anyone reading this won't find the above comment as an attack on the Playstation brand, it is just an open statement about what I do and don't enjoy.
NukaCola  +   552d ago
I don't know how to respond to this. You just told me some of the the most unique and original, and highly recognized games of this generation don't interest you. What do you play?

Also, the Wii has about 15-20 core games and a ton of fluff and shovelware. How old are you?
#8.2.2 (Edited 552d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
specsmatter  +   553d ago
There so many games on the ps3 that are exclusive and many ive plyed and said to myself "damn i wish others could ply it too" Demon Souls was one of them and i was happy xbox fans got to enjoy dark Souls. Ni No Kuni i knw ill love and i hope others like Wiiu and xbox owners get to play it too. I also hope Souls series make it your way. Great games deserved to be exp. by the masses.
#9 (Edited 553d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
DivineAssault  +   553d ago
Most PS3 exclusives end up staying exclusives.. I see more nintendo owners buying Ni No Kuni than MS..
#10 (Edited 553d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
RogueStatus28  +   553d ago
I think Ni No Kuni will eventually come to the Wii U, it's Level 5...
I really want to see Killer is Dead, I'm a huge fan of the creator.
#11 (Edited 553d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
Whymii  +   553d ago
I would think that Minecraft is a perfect fit for the system and Nintendo. It's does nothing for me, but for many, including my kids, it's brilliant.
DigitalRaptor  +   553d ago
This would be awesome on Wii U - having the wizards companion as well as other items on the gamepad is something that would work well.
3-4-5  +   553d ago
* Advance Wars

* Kirby

* Dragon Quest 11

* Sunset Riders U

* Ni No Kuni

* Super Smash Brothers

* Mario Kart U

* Battalion Wars 3

* Mario Party 10 ( Make it like the first 3 )

* Wave Race U

* Micro-Machines

* Roller-coaster Tycoon U

* Yoshi's Land

* Nintendo Action Battle RPG
SOULJER  +   552d ago
Damn. It almost looks people on this site are begging, for Ni No Kuni. WIU game choices are going to get better this year. Just wait have patience.

Memories of The Nintendo Family Computer

35m ago - Victor delves into his childhood and digs up his fond memories of the Nintendo Family Computer. | Culture

Top 5 Wario Games

35m ago - "The story line takes us far and wide through a vast jungle to find what Wario loves the most, tr... | Nintendo DS

Destiny Beta Preview: PS4 Hands On Impressions | GB

35m ago - GB: "Destiny is the much anticipated new game from Bungie Studios, creators of the Halo and Marat... | PS4

Exclusive Interview: Ilya Muromets Developers Jason V. Williams & Anatoly Subbotin

36m ago - In the exclusive interview, Ilya Muromets developers Jason V. Williams & Anatoly Subbotin detail... | PC

Study Game Design at DeVry

TwoDashStash Show Episode 38- Word Vomit, Bugs, and Technical Issues

36m ago - This week Cris, Blane, and Danny talk about Danny’s experiences at MCM Expo 2014 and all the news... | PC