Submitted by Rearden 588d ago | article

Top 5 games we want to see on the Wii U

"We explore the top five third-party games available or coming to other consoles that we'd like to see on the Wii U." - Wii U Daily (Nintendo, Wii U)

rbailey  +   588d ago
This is a GREAT List. Why Ni No Kuni isn't coming out on Wii U is absolutely beyond questionable. Nintendo should at least have this game on there seeing as how they aren't having big games like Tomb Raider and BioShock Infinite on the platform. Just my opinion.
Godchild1020  +   588d ago
This is the one game I would love for the most amount of people to play. And since it was on the DS, I'm sure they can get it to work well on the Wii U.
Sanquine90  +   588d ago
Because ps3 is the biggest console out there. Hope it stays exclusive. I have a ps3 and a wii U but i already ordered it for ps3. Why another port ? Let it stay at ps3:)
jc48573  +   588d ago
when owning multiple consoles that's one of my biggest concerns. Which console should I buy it for? Should I really wait?
Sanquine90  +   588d ago
Hmm i think you should buy a wii U. Why? Newer games like MH3U , pikmin 3 and lots of Ninty gems.

Ps3 is almost at the end of his life. This year the last of us and some other awesome games but do not expect more exclusives coming in 2014. The wii U should have some awesome games in 2014
Oh_Yeah  +   588d ago
How bout Nintendo actually makes their own open world pokemon rpg for wii u instead of trying to get Sony's pokemon game (Ni no kuni)
#1.3 (Edited 588d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
Instigator  +   588d ago
It's not Sony's "Pokemon" game, it's Level 5's, and Ni no Kuni was on the DS long before PS3. Expanding Ni no Kuni's market would only be positive for Level 5, the Wii U and Ni no Kuni as a franchise.

I've already preordered the Wizard's Edition though, so unless it was the DS version that was ported or remade for the Wii U I wouldn't get it myself.
miyamoto  +   588d ago
LOL! Owned.
Oh_Yeah  +   588d ago
@Instigator I know all of this.. Still doesn't change the fact that Nintendo should be working on their own pokemon console game instead of trying to go after sony's "3rd party" pokemon game...That's just a cop out.
#1.3.3 (Edited 588d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(4) | Report
Instigator  +   587d ago
I agree with you that Nintendo should make a full-fledged Pokemon game for consoles, but I don't think that's a reason for Level 5 to not put a Ni no Kuni game on Wii U. It would only increase the game's chances of establishing itself as a franchise, something I'm sure Level 5 wouldn't mind.

As a Pokemon fan I can tell you that it's not because of the similarities between the two that I want the game. It's simply because it's seems like a great game from the talented folks over at Level 5 and Ghibli, and I want to support their hard work and the future of Ni no Kuni.

With that said, I'm not expecting it to happen. I just think it would be positive for everyone.
Zodiac  +   588d ago
Advance Wars.
PopRocks359  +   588d ago
This isn't a bad list at all. Heck I'd play the Wii U variant of these games, particularly Mass Effect Trilogy and Ni No Kuni.
#3 (Edited 588d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
kirbyu  +   588d ago
I want the console version of Sonic Generations on Wii U. Even if they port it to just Wii, I'd find that good enough.
Yangus  +   588d ago
Metal Gear Solid Rising
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Witcher 3
Cyberpunk 2077
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
Doom4
Etc..
Sanquine90  +   588d ago
Ni no kuni @ ps3exclusive :) Nintendo got lots of love from level 5 this game is some love for the ps3
Zodiac  +   588d ago
@Sanquine90. Agreed. Level 5 seemed to be playing favorites with Nintendo for a while, but the PS3 really scored with Ni no Kuni.
#7 (Edited 588d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
sknygy  +   588d ago
I would kill for Ni No Kuni on Wii U. Can not justify buying a PS3 just for this one game.
Kingofwiiu  +   588d ago
Well there is hundreds of games on the ps3 , maybe you could buy some of those too ? lol...

I'm sorry but I hate the ''I'm not buying system X just for game X'' logic , that's an extremely softcore attitude towards gaming.

I have a large stack for my wii , ps3 and 360 of games. Same will continue with wiiu , ps4 and 720.
NukaCola  +   588d ago
Yeah, that's a poor excuse for a comment. There's tons of games worth having on PS3.
sknygy  +   587d ago
Why? That's my take on it.
I have a 360 with near 40 games, I have a Wii with near 70, a 3DS with near 30 and a Wii U with 10.
I choose those over the PS3 as there's nothing unique about the PS3 that interests me. LBP - no, Uncharted - no, PABR - no. Resistance - no, Killlzone - no. Gran Turismo - no. (Yes I have played most of the above with friends, and not just making a snap judgement).

I'd probably be interested in Beyond, but haven't seen much to make me think, wow, I must get a PS3 for that. I was also interested in The Last of Us, but the more I see the less it appeals.

I also don't find the dual shock comfortable.

Hopefully anyone reading this won't find the above comment as an attack on the Playstation brand, it is just an open statement about what I do and don't enjoy.
NukaCola  +   587d ago
I don't know how to respond to this. You just told me some of the the most unique and original, and highly recognized games of this generation don't interest you. What do you play?

Also, the Wii has about 15-20 core games and a ton of fluff and shovelware. How old are you?
#8.2.2 (Edited 587d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
specsmatter  +   588d ago
There so many games on the ps3 that are exclusive and many ive plyed and said to myself "damn i wish others could ply it too" Demon Souls was one of them and i was happy xbox fans got to enjoy dark Souls. Ni No Kuni i knw ill love and i hope others like Wiiu and xbox owners get to play it too. I also hope Souls series make it your way. Great games deserved to be exp. by the masses.
#9 (Edited 588d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
DivineAssault  +   588d ago
Most PS3 exclusives end up staying exclusives.. I see more nintendo owners buying Ni No Kuni than MS..
#10 (Edited 588d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
RogueStatus28  +   588d ago
I think Ni No Kuni will eventually come to the Wii U, it's Level 5...
I really want to see Killer is Dead, I'm a huge fan of the creator.
#11 (Edited 588d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
Whymii  +   588d ago
I would think that Minecraft is a perfect fit for the system and Nintendo. It's does nothing for me, but for many, including my kids, it's brilliant.
DigitalRaptor  +   588d ago
This would be awesome on Wii U - having the wizards companion as well as other items on the gamepad is something that would work well.
3-4-5  +   588d ago
* Advance Wars

* Kirby

* Dragon Quest 11

* Sunset Riders U

* Ni No Kuni

* Super Smash Brothers

* Mario Kart U

* Battalion Wars 3

* Mario Party 10 ( Make it like the first 3 )

* Wave Race U

* Micro-Machines

* Roller-coaster Tycoon U

* Yoshi's Land

* Nintendo Action Battle RPG
SOULJER  +   587d ago
Damn. It almost looks people on this site are begging, for Ni No Kuni. WIU game choices are going to get better this year. Just wait have patience.

Oculus Rift turns rollercoaster ride into a virtual shooter

5m ago - Some researchers study carbon nanotubes -- and then there are these guys. Thomas Wagner and his s... | Tech

Cheating Tom - The Ultimate Tips, Cheats and Strategy Guide

5m ago - WP - "Cheating Tom is a new game for the iOS and Android where your goal is literally to cheat yo... | iPhone

PAX 14 – Until Dawn is as Awkward as it is Creepy (Twinfinite)

6m ago - Until Dawn brings some scares, but also some confusing tone and frustrating controls in this PAX... | PS4

Cooking Fever - Tips and Cheats: The Strategy Guide

7m ago - WP - "Cooking Fever is a new cooking and time management game for the iPhone and iPad. Your goal... | iPhone

Need Cash? (US Only)

Now - How would it feel to have your money struggles solved by this time tomorrow? We give fast loans from $100-$10,000+, and repayment terms up to 60 mo... | Promoted post

Hands-On Impressions of ScreenCheat | TwoDashStash

7m ago - Now this may all sound like a bunch of madness but it is the premise of the game Screencheat bein... | PC