Submitted by karizma916 462d ago | opinion piece

What Are the Toughest PlayStation 3 Games Ever?

You could be the ultimate gaming dynamo and these games are likely to send you crying and hurling your controller at the wall. (Call of Duty, Catherine, Dark Souls, Hard Corps Uprising, Ninja Gaiden Sigma II, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, PS3, Wipeout HD)

Bordel_1900  +   462d ago
Demon's Souls is the toughest I played on PS3. Awesome game btw.
#1 (Edited 462d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
JoGam  +   462d ago
Wipeout is tough to Platinum. Socom Confrontation was another without grinding.

@Bordel, im still stuck on the first level of Demon Souls and I still love it.
#1.1 (Edited 462d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
StockpileTom  +   462d ago
I'm still working on my Confrontation Platinum. Just need a few more rounds won by extraction on Escort and hostage extracts. It's ridiculously hard do get this trophy without cheating (getting your clan on alts to help boost those stats).

I feel it is a worthy game though, I only plat games I love.

1. Demon's Souls
2. Dark Souls
3. Confrontation (TBA)
TopDudeMan  +   462d ago
I'd actually stick ninja gaiden sigma 1 ahead of demon's souls. I found that game much harder than DS. I never beat it. Well, I would have if my save hadn't bugged, but that's not the point.
Nevers  +   462d ago
Mine would actually be any of the GoWs. Button mashers are my downfall. There's not a snowball's chance in Hades I'll platinum a GoW. Getting a platinum on Demon's Souls was relatively easy, for me. I'm better at that type of gameplay.
Ezz2013  +   462d ago
demon souls.... i died aleast 10 times with the first monster
it took me while untill i knew how to play it

killzone 2/3 on Elite difficulty
uncharted 2/3 on Crashing difficulty
#1.2 (Edited 462d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Cam977  +   462d ago
Call of duty games? Haha! Absolutely not, WAW is the exception but the others (namely the latest ones) were easy on Vet. I should also add COD4 to the hard list, the last level has become fairly infamous to completionists and trophy hunters.

Demon's Souls was not too hard for me. Maybe because I chose magic, but for the majority of the game I was careful.
#2 (Edited 462d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
kneon  +   462d ago
I stopped buying COD after BLOPS but both BLOPS and MW2 were only slightly more difficult that regular difficulty. I think I finished each on veteran in under 6 hours. WaW is a different story, at times it was like I was being carpet bombed with grenades.
AznGaara  +   462d ago
Yeah a game can't be hard if, on default, it allows you to snap to an enemy's head via auto-aim.
StockpileTom  +   462d ago
I'm in trouble -- Please recommend this message!
sprinterboy  +   462d ago
wipeout, pain, demon souls and super stsrdust for plats imo.
BlackTar187  +   462d ago
which trophy on super stardust did you find overly hard?
TopDudeMan  +   462d ago
Demon's souls is an easy plat. You can do it in under 100 hours if you know what you're doing. Try platting SOCOM: confrontation. I didn't even get one of those.
Sizzon  +   462d ago
Killzone 2 on Elite difficulty, oh boy the last level before you face Colonel Radec.

Edit - and ofc Demon's Souls, but at the same time so great and rewarding!
#5 (Edited 462d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FATAL1TY  +   462d ago
Gran Turismo 5 (Platinum trophy)
jakmckratos  +   462d ago
Killzone 2 and Lair...and yes Im one of the few who actually didn't whine like a little bitch about the control set-up. I thought it made sense. It was challenging on top of that.
th3n00bg4m3r  +   462d ago
God Of War 3 = pain in the ass.
Conzul  +   462d ago
I didn't find any PS3 exclusive that gave me trouble even on harder difficulty. God of War series....maybe...

On consoles in general, The Chronicles of Riddick series was insanely hard even on "medium" difficulty.
#9 (Edited 462d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
harrisk954  +   462d ago
I loved Catherine. Got it on sale on the PSN... but, man was it a tough mother of game to beat! I tried it initially on "Normal" difficulty, but had to switch to easy. Great story, though and lots of fun... All in all, one of the best games I've played this generation.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle - Video Preview

35m ago - Sporting all the style of the famous manga, All-Star Battle is a surprisingly competent brawler s... | PS3

Hands-On Preview: Transistor I DualShockers

35m ago - After Bastion debuted to big acclaim in 2011, Supergiant Games is ready to follow-up their first... | PC

Console Hard Drive Full - Welcome to the Digital Future

41m ago - With digital purchases and mandatory installs being a feature of Xbox One and PS4 gaming, the 500... | PS4

Front Towards Gamer Pax East 2014 -- Tetropolis Hands-On Preview

42m ago - Metroidvania with Tetris, seriously, use tetriminos as puzzle powers. | PC

Filmwatch April Contests

Now - Calling all Marvel fans. Come celebrate the release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier with us as we give away a cool prize for fans of Cap plu... | Promoted post

Front Towards Gamer Pax East 2014 -- Bit Brawlers Preview

42m ago - In what could be described as a four-player battle aping Super Smash Brothers, adding a focus on... | PC