Submitted by karizma916 935d ago | opinion piece

What Are the Toughest PlayStation 3 Games Ever?

You could be the ultimate gaming dynamo and these games are likely to send you crying and hurling your controller at the wall. (Call of Duty, Catherine, Dark Souls, Hard Corps Uprising, Ninja Gaiden Sigma II, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, PS3, Wipeout HD)

Bordel_1900  +   935d ago
Demon's Souls is the toughest I played on PS3. Awesome game btw.
#1 (Edited 935d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
JoGam  +   935d ago
Wipeout is tough to Platinum. Socom Confrontation was another without grinding.

@Bordel, im still stuck on the first level of Demon Souls and I still love it.
#1.1 (Edited 935d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
StockpileTom  +   935d ago
I'm still working on my Confrontation Platinum. Just need a few more rounds won by extraction on Escort and hostage extracts. It's ridiculously hard do get this trophy without cheating (getting your clan on alts to help boost those stats).

I feel it is a worthy game though, I only plat games I love.

1. Demon's Souls
2. Dark Souls
3. Confrontation (TBA)
TopDudeMan  +   935d ago
I'd actually stick ninja gaiden sigma 1 ahead of demon's souls. I found that game much harder than DS. I never beat it. Well, I would have if my save hadn't bugged, but that's not the point.
Nevers  +   934d ago
Mine would actually be any of the GoWs. Button mashers are my downfall. There's not a snowball's chance in Hades I'll platinum a GoW. Getting a platinum on Demon's Souls was relatively easy, for me. I'm better at that type of gameplay.
Ezz2013  +   934d ago
demon souls.... i died aleast 10 times with the first monster
it took me while untill i knew how to play it

killzone 2/3 on Elite difficulty
uncharted 2/3 on Crashing difficulty
#1.2 (Edited 934d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Cam977  +   935d ago
Call of duty games? Haha! Absolutely not, WAW is the exception but the others (namely the latest ones) were easy on Vet. I should also add COD4 to the hard list, the last level has become fairly infamous to completionists and trophy hunters.

Demon's Souls was not too hard for me. Maybe because I chose magic, but for the majority of the game I was careful.
#2 (Edited 935d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
kneon  +   935d ago
I stopped buying COD after BLOPS but both BLOPS and MW2 were only slightly more difficult that regular difficulty. I think I finished each on veteran in under 6 hours. WaW is a different story, at times it was like I was being carpet bombed with grenades.
AznGaara  +   935d ago
Yeah a game can't be hard if, on default, it allows you to snap to an enemy's head via auto-aim.
StockpileTom  +   935d ago
I'm in trouble -- Please recommend this message!
sprinterboy  +   935d ago
wipeout, pain, demon souls and super stsrdust for plats imo.
BlackTar187  +   935d ago
which trophy on super stardust did you find overly hard?
TopDudeMan  +   935d ago
Demon's souls is an easy plat. You can do it in under 100 hours if you know what you're doing. Try platting SOCOM: confrontation. I didn't even get one of those.
Sizzon  +   935d ago
Killzone 2 on Elite difficulty, oh boy the last level before you face Colonel Radec.

Edit - and ofc Demon's Souls, but at the same time so great and rewarding!
#5 (Edited 935d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FATAL1TY  +   935d ago
Gran Turismo 5 (Platinum trophy)
jakmckratos  +   935d ago
Killzone 2 and Lair...and yes Im one of the few who actually didn't whine like a little bitch about the control set-up. I thought it made sense. It was challenging on top of that.
th3n00bg4m3r  +   935d ago
God Of War 3 = pain in the ass.
Conzul  +   935d ago
I didn't find any PS3 exclusive that gave me trouble even on harder difficulty. God of War series....maybe...

On consoles in general, The Chronicles of Riddick series was insanely hard even on "medium" difficulty.
#9 (Edited 935d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
harrisk954  +   935d ago
I loved Catherine. Got it on sale on the PSN... but, man was it a tough mother of game to beat! I tried it initially on "Normal" difficulty, but had to switch to easy. Great story, though and lots of fun... All in all, one of the best games I've played this generation.

Match 3 Puzzle Game Puzzle Soccer Soft-Launched On The Australian App Store

40m ago - "TTP: In the past few months plenty of match 3 puzzle games have been released on the App Store.... | iPhone

Life Is Strange Episode 4: Dark Room Review | Playstation Universe

1h ago - "Emotionally powerful and engaging, Life is Strange Episode Four: Dark Room cements Dontnod's tee... | PS4

'Warhammer: Arcane Magic' - a Digital Boardgame for iOS

Now - Arcane Magic is a turn based strategy game set in the Warhammer universe. Play it now on Ipad and Iphone. | Promoted post

5 Inspiring Documentaries That Will Enhance Your Love Of Gaming

1h ago - WOW247: "It may surprise you to know that the world of video games has provided ample fuel for so... | Culture

Returning To Animal Crossing

1h ago - IGN It’s been countless months since I played Animal Crossing New Leaf. I say countless becaus... | 3DS

An Ode To Wind Waker's Booger Boy

1h ago - If you run away from him, he runs towards you. His steps make a noise like ‘teeter-teeter-teeter’... | Culture