Submitted by karizma916 684d ago | opinion piece

What Are the Toughest PlayStation 3 Games Ever?

You could be the ultimate gaming dynamo and these games are likely to send you crying and hurling your controller at the wall. (Call of Duty, Catherine, Dark Souls, Hard Corps Uprising, Ninja Gaiden Sigma II, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, PS3, Wipeout HD)

Bordel_1900  +   684d ago
Demon's Souls is the toughest I played on PS3. Awesome game btw.
#1 (Edited 684d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
JoGam  +   684d ago
Wipeout is tough to Platinum. Socom Confrontation was another without grinding.

@Bordel, im still stuck on the first level of Demon Souls and I still love it.
#1.1 (Edited 684d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
StockpileTom  +   684d ago
I'm still working on my Confrontation Platinum. Just need a few more rounds won by extraction on Escort and hostage extracts. It's ridiculously hard do get this trophy without cheating (getting your clan on alts to help boost those stats).

I feel it is a worthy game though, I only plat games I love.

1. Demon's Souls
2. Dark Souls
3. Confrontation (TBA)
TopDudeMan  +   683d ago
I'd actually stick ninja gaiden sigma 1 ahead of demon's souls. I found that game much harder than DS. I never beat it. Well, I would have if my save hadn't bugged, but that's not the point.
Nevers  +   683d ago
Mine would actually be any of the GoWs. Button mashers are my downfall. There's not a snowball's chance in Hades I'll platinum a GoW. Getting a platinum on Demon's Souls was relatively easy, for me. I'm better at that type of gameplay.
Ezz2013  +   683d ago
demon souls.... i died aleast 10 times with the first monster
it took me while untill i knew how to play it

killzone 2/3 on Elite difficulty
uncharted 2/3 on Crashing difficulty
#1.2 (Edited 683d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Cam977  +   684d ago
Call of duty games? Haha! Absolutely not, WAW is the exception but the others (namely the latest ones) were easy on Vet. I should also add COD4 to the hard list, the last level has become fairly infamous to completionists and trophy hunters.

Demon's Souls was not too hard for me. Maybe because I chose magic, but for the majority of the game I was careful.
#2 (Edited 684d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
kneon  +   683d ago
I stopped buying COD after BLOPS but both BLOPS and MW2 were only slightly more difficult that regular difficulty. I think I finished each on veteran in under 6 hours. WaW is a different story, at times it was like I was being carpet bombed with grenades.
AznGaara  +   683d ago
Yeah a game can't be hard if, on default, it allows you to snap to an enemy's head via auto-aim.
StockpileTom  +   684d ago
I'm in trouble -- Please recommend this message!
sprinterboy  +   684d ago
wipeout, pain, demon souls and super stsrdust for plats imo.
BlackTar187  +   684d ago
which trophy on super stardust did you find overly hard?
TopDudeMan  +   683d ago
Demon's souls is an easy plat. You can do it in under 100 hours if you know what you're doing. Try platting SOCOM: confrontation. I didn't even get one of those.
Sizzon  +   684d ago
Killzone 2 on Elite difficulty, oh boy the last level before you face Colonel Radec.

Edit - and ofc Demon's Souls, but at the same time so great and rewarding!
#5 (Edited 684d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FATAL1TY  +   684d ago
Gran Turismo 5 (Platinum trophy)
jakmckratos  +   683d ago
Killzone 2 and Lair...and yes Im one of the few who actually didn't whine like a little bitch about the control set-up. I thought it made sense. It was challenging on top of that.
th3n00bg4m3r  +   683d ago
God Of War 3 = pain in the ass.
Conzul  +   683d ago
I didn't find any PS3 exclusive that gave me trouble even on harder difficulty. God of War series....maybe...

On consoles in general, The Chronicles of Riddick series was insanely hard even on "medium" difficulty.
#9 (Edited 683d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
harrisk954  +   683d ago
I loved Catherine. Got it on sale on the PSN... but, man was it a tough mother of game to beat! I tried it initially on "Normal" difficulty, but had to switch to easy. Great story, though and lots of fun... All in all, one of the best games I've played this generation.

Aqua Kitty – Milk Mine Defender DX Rising up onto PSN on November 25th

13m ago - As 2014 draws to an end, Tikipod Ltd announces the first of its two indie titles which it is brin... | PS4

GTA 5 Sport Car: Benefactor Schwartzer

14m ago - The Benefactor Schwartzer features very aggressive formations which appear to have been inspired... | Xbox 360

Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!! Review - An Old Flame | Awesome Games

14m ago - Illiya from Awesome Games writes: 'With the current-generation of consoles now in full swing, I’m... | PS3

Massive Duck Game Upgrade Now Available

18m ago - Hardcore Gamer: We covered Duck Game when it first launched earlier this year. It’s a must-own ga... | Android

Front-end Developers Wanted

Now - Want to help us build the new N4G platform? | Promoted post

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Elite Four Guide

19m ago - The Elite Four are always Pokemon’s pinnacle brawlers, dishing out themed teams that are built to... | 3DS