Submitted by karizma916 744d ago | opinion piece

What Are the Toughest PlayStation 3 Games Ever?

You could be the ultimate gaming dynamo and these games are likely to send you crying and hurling your controller at the wall. (Call of Duty, Catherine, Dark Souls, Hard Corps Uprising, Ninja Gaiden Sigma II, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, PS3, Wipeout HD)

Bordel_1900  +   744d ago
Demon's Souls is the toughest I played on PS3. Awesome game btw.
#1 (Edited 744d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
JoGam  +   744d ago
Wipeout is tough to Platinum. Socom Confrontation was another without grinding.

@Bordel, im still stuck on the first level of Demon Souls and I still love it.
#1.1 (Edited 744d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
StockpileTom  +   744d ago
I'm still working on my Confrontation Platinum. Just need a few more rounds won by extraction on Escort and hostage extracts. It's ridiculously hard do get this trophy without cheating (getting your clan on alts to help boost those stats).

I feel it is a worthy game though, I only plat games I love.

1. Demon's Souls
2. Dark Souls
3. Confrontation (TBA)
TopDudeMan  +   744d ago
I'd actually stick ninja gaiden sigma 1 ahead of demon's souls. I found that game much harder than DS. I never beat it. Well, I would have if my save hadn't bugged, but that's not the point.
Nevers  +   744d ago
Mine would actually be any of the GoWs. Button mashers are my downfall. There's not a snowball's chance in Hades I'll platinum a GoW. Getting a platinum on Demon's Souls was relatively easy, for me. I'm better at that type of gameplay.
Ezz2013  +   744d ago
demon souls.... i died aleast 10 times with the first monster
it took me while untill i knew how to play it

killzone 2/3 on Elite difficulty
uncharted 2/3 on Crashing difficulty
#1.2 (Edited 744d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Cam977  +   744d ago
Call of duty games? Haha! Absolutely not, WAW is the exception but the others (namely the latest ones) were easy on Vet. I should also add COD4 to the hard list, the last level has become fairly infamous to completionists and trophy hunters.

Demon's Souls was not too hard for me. Maybe because I chose magic, but for the majority of the game I was careful.
#2 (Edited 744d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
kneon  +   744d ago
I stopped buying COD after BLOPS but both BLOPS and MW2 were only slightly more difficult that regular difficulty. I think I finished each on veteran in under 6 hours. WaW is a different story, at times it was like I was being carpet bombed with grenades.
AznGaara  +   744d ago
Yeah a game can't be hard if, on default, it allows you to snap to an enemy's head via auto-aim.
StockpileTom  +   744d ago
I'm in trouble -- Please recommend this message!
sprinterboy  +   744d ago
wipeout, pain, demon souls and super stsrdust for plats imo.
BlackTar187  +   744d ago
which trophy on super stardust did you find overly hard?
TopDudeMan  +   744d ago
Demon's souls is an easy plat. You can do it in under 100 hours if you know what you're doing. Try platting SOCOM: confrontation. I didn't even get one of those.
Sizzon  +   744d ago
Killzone 2 on Elite difficulty, oh boy the last level before you face Colonel Radec.

Edit - and ofc Demon's Souls, but at the same time so great and rewarding!
#5 (Edited 744d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FATAL1TY  +   744d ago
Gran Turismo 5 (Platinum trophy)
jakmckratos  +   744d ago
Killzone 2 and Lair...and yes Im one of the few who actually didn't whine like a little bitch about the control set-up. I thought it made sense. It was challenging on top of that.
th3n00bg4m3r  +   744d ago
God Of War 3 = pain in the ass.
Conzul  +   744d ago
I didn't find any PS3 exclusive that gave me trouble even on harder difficulty. God of War series....maybe...

On consoles in general, The Chronicles of Riddick series was insanely hard even on "medium" difficulty.
#9 (Edited 744d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
harrisk954  +   744d ago
I loved Catherine. Got it on sale on the PSN... but, man was it a tough mother of game to beat! I tried it initially on "Normal" difficulty, but had to switch to easy. Great story, though and lots of fun... All in all, one of the best games I've played this generation.

#IDARB Review | This is Xbox

58m ago - Greg Giddens of This is Xbox writes, "Saying #IDARB is fun doesn’t do it justice. Saying it’s joy... | Xbox One

First footage of Homeworld Remastered Collection, releasing on PC February 25th

1h ago - It's just a little over a month away before a space-based real-time strategy shackles us to our d... | PC

The Bulletin: Episode 9

1h ago - Each week, The Bulletin brings you the latest Halo news, game updates, and exclusive reveals dire... | Xbox One

Weekend Playlist: Medication Inc.

1h ago - With Origin giving away Theme Hospital in the last 'On the House' promotion, HITC Tech's Adam Gel... | PC

See what games are coming out in 2015

Now - Visit our release calendar to see what games are coming out in 2015. | Promoted post

New Gameplay Emerges For Virtual Reality Racer VR Karts

1h ago - Viewpoint Games have recently uploaded some in-game footage of their upcoming virtual Reality rac... | PC