Submitted by karizma916 966d ago | opinion piece

What Are the Toughest PlayStation 3 Games Ever?

You could be the ultimate gaming dynamo and these games are likely to send you crying and hurling your controller at the wall. (Call of Duty, Catherine, Dark Souls, Hard Corps Uprising, Ninja Gaiden Sigma II, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, PS3, Wipeout HD)

Bordel_1900  +   966d ago
Demon's Souls is the toughest I played on PS3. Awesome game btw.
#1 (Edited 966d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
JoGam  +   966d ago
Wipeout is tough to Platinum. Socom Confrontation was another without grinding.

@Bordel, im still stuck on the first level of Demon Souls and I still love it.
#1.1 (Edited 966d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
StockpileTom  +   966d ago
I'm still working on my Confrontation Platinum. Just need a few more rounds won by extraction on Escort and hostage extracts. It's ridiculously hard do get this trophy without cheating (getting your clan on alts to help boost those stats).

I feel it is a worthy game though, I only plat games I love.

1. Demon's Souls
2. Dark Souls
3. Confrontation (TBA)
TopDudeMan  +   965d ago
I'd actually stick ninja gaiden sigma 1 ahead of demon's souls. I found that game much harder than DS. I never beat it. Well, I would have if my save hadn't bugged, but that's not the point.
Nevers  +   965d ago
Mine would actually be any of the GoWs. Button mashers are my downfall. There's not a snowball's chance in Hades I'll platinum a GoW. Getting a platinum on Demon's Souls was relatively easy, for me. I'm better at that type of gameplay.
Ezz2013  +   965d ago
demon souls.... i died aleast 10 times with the first monster
it took me while untill i knew how to play it

killzone 2/3 on Elite difficulty
uncharted 2/3 on Crashing difficulty
#1.2 (Edited 965d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Cam977  +   966d ago
Call of duty games? Haha! Absolutely not, WAW is the exception but the others (namely the latest ones) were easy on Vet. I should also add COD4 to the hard list, the last level has become fairly infamous to completionists and trophy hunters.

Demon's Souls was not too hard for me. Maybe because I chose magic, but for the majority of the game I was careful.
#2 (Edited 966d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
kneon  +   965d ago
I stopped buying COD after BLOPS but both BLOPS and MW2 were only slightly more difficult that regular difficulty. I think I finished each on veteran in under 6 hours. WaW is a different story, at times it was like I was being carpet bombed with grenades.
AznGaara  +   965d ago
Yeah a game can't be hard if, on default, it allows you to snap to an enemy's head via auto-aim.
StockpileTom  +   966d ago
I'm in trouble -- Please recommend this message!
sprinterboy  +   966d ago
wipeout, pain, demon souls and super stsrdust for plats imo.
BlackTar187  +   965d ago
which trophy on super stardust did you find overly hard?
TopDudeMan  +   965d ago
Demon's souls is an easy plat. You can do it in under 100 hours if you know what you're doing. Try platting SOCOM: confrontation. I didn't even get one of those.
Sizzon  +   966d ago
Killzone 2 on Elite difficulty, oh boy the last level before you face Colonel Radec.

Edit - and ofc Demon's Souls, but at the same time so great and rewarding!
#5 (Edited 966d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FATAL1TY  +   965d ago
Gran Turismo 5 (Platinum trophy)
jakmckratos  +   965d ago
Killzone 2 and Lair...and yes Im one of the few who actually didn't whine like a little bitch about the control set-up. I thought it made sense. It was challenging on top of that.
th3n00bg4m3r  +   965d ago
God Of War 3 = pain in the ass.
Conzul  +   965d ago
I didn't find any PS3 exclusive that gave me trouble even on harder difficulty. God of War series....maybe...

On consoles in general, The Chronicles of Riddick series was insanely hard even on "medium" difficulty.
#9 (Edited 965d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
harrisk954  +   965d ago
I loved Catherine. Got it on sale on the PSN... but, man was it a tough mother of game to beat! I tried it initially on "Normal" difficulty, but had to switch to easy. Great story, though and lots of fun... All in all, one of the best games I've played this generation.

World of Warships' Release Date Officially Announced; Update 0.4.1 Released for the Beta

7m ago - Today Wargaming announced that World of Warships will finally exit beta on September 17th, enteri... | PC

Final Fantasy VII: My Story

25m ago - GE writes: "Final Fantasy VII was my first Final Fantasy. Coming from Europe, we didn’t really ha... | PC

Win a Pro-Painted Ghorgon!

Now - Turbo Tape Games is pleased to announce a contest for an exclusive Ghorgon miniature hand-painted by Dave Taylor! | Promoted post

The mind games behind picking the perfect draft

26m ago - It’s not just enough to play better than your opponent in MOBAs; you have to think better than th... | Culture

Need for Speed Gameplay Innovations Five Ways To Play

26m ago - Five Ways to Play; Speed, Style, Build, Crew, and Outlaw. Combine all five to create that perfect... | PC

ISURUS Pro Review | The Game Scouts

34m ago - Tin Salamunic: When you take away audio quality and comfort from a set of headphones or earbuds,... | Tech