Try our new beta!Click here
Submitted by karizma916 1129d ago | opinion piece

What Are the Toughest PlayStation 3 Games Ever?

You could be the ultimate gaming dynamo and these games are likely to send you crying and hurling your controller at the wall. (Call of Duty, Catherine, Dark Souls, Hard Corps Uprising, Ninja Gaiden Sigma II, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, PS3, Wipeout HD)

Bordel_1900  +   1129d ago
Demon's Souls is the toughest I played on PS3. Awesome game btw.
#1 (Edited 1129d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
JoGam  +   1129d ago
Wipeout is tough to Platinum. Socom Confrontation was another without grinding.

@Bordel, im still stuck on the first level of Demon Souls and I still love it.
#1.1 (Edited 1129d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
StockpileTom  +   1129d ago
I'm still working on my Confrontation Platinum. Just need a few more rounds won by extraction on Escort and hostage extracts. It's ridiculously hard do get this trophy without cheating (getting your clan on alts to help boost those stats).

I feel it is a worthy game though, I only plat games I love.

1. Demon's Souls
2. Dark Souls
3. Confrontation (TBA)
TopDudeMan  +   1129d ago
I'd actually stick ninja gaiden sigma 1 ahead of demon's souls. I found that game much harder than DS. I never beat it. Well, I would have if my save hadn't bugged, but that's not the point.
Nevers  +   1128d ago
Mine would actually be any of the GoWs. Button mashers are my downfall. There's not a snowball's chance in Hades I'll platinum a GoW. Getting a platinum on Demon's Souls was relatively easy, for me. I'm better at that type of gameplay.
Ezz2013  +   1128d ago
demon souls.... i died aleast 10 times with the first monster
it took me while untill i knew how to play it

killzone 2/3 on Elite difficulty
uncharted 2/3 on Crashing difficulty
#1.2 (Edited 1128d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Cam977  +   1129d ago
Call of duty games? Haha! Absolutely not, WAW is the exception but the others (namely the latest ones) were easy on Vet. I should also add COD4 to the hard list, the last level has become fairly infamous to completionists and trophy hunters.

Demon's Souls was not too hard for me. Maybe because I chose magic, but for the majority of the game I was careful.
#2 (Edited 1129d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
kneon  +   1129d ago
I stopped buying COD after BLOPS but both BLOPS and MW2 were only slightly more difficult that regular difficulty. I think I finished each on veteran in under 6 hours. WaW is a different story, at times it was like I was being carpet bombed with grenades.
AznGaara  +   1129d ago
Yeah a game can't be hard if, on default, it allows you to snap to an enemy's head via auto-aim.
StockpileTom  +   1129d ago
I'm in trouble -- Please recommend this message!
sprinterboy  +   1129d ago
wipeout, pain, demon souls and super stsrdust for plats imo.
BlackTar187  +   1129d ago
which trophy on super stardust did you find overly hard?
TopDudeMan  +   1129d ago
Demon's souls is an easy plat. You can do it in under 100 hours if you know what you're doing. Try platting SOCOM: confrontation. I didn't even get one of those.
Sizzon  +   1129d ago
Killzone 2 on Elite difficulty, oh boy the last level before you face Colonel Radec.

Edit - and ofc Demon's Souls, but at the same time so great and rewarding!
#5 (Edited 1129d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FATAL1TY  +   1129d ago
Gran Turismo 5 (Platinum trophy)
jakmckratos  +   1129d ago
Killzone 2 and Lair...and yes Im one of the few who actually didn't whine like a little bitch about the control set-up. I thought it made sense. It was challenging on top of that.
th3n00bg4m3r  +   1129d ago
God Of War 3 = pain in the ass.
Conzul  +   1129d ago
I didn't find any PS3 exclusive that gave me trouble even on harder difficulty. God of War series....maybe...

On consoles in general, The Chronicles of Riddick series was insanely hard even on "medium" difficulty.
#9 (Edited 1129d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
harrisk954  +   1129d ago
I loved Catherine. Got it on sale on the PSN... but, man was it a tough mother of game to beat! I tried it initially on "Normal" difficulty, but had to switch to easy. Great story, though and lots of fun... All in all, one of the best games I've played this generation.

Let's Play Dark Souls (Part 2) - Wife Lessons

26m ago - GameSpew: Join Diggy and his missus Jenna in this week's Wife Lessons. Jenna continues her foray... | PC

Difficulty as Sign of Quality – Gamer Elitism

27m ago - Pedro from CGR writes: "Gamers take into account many aspects of a video game to judge it. Graphi... | Culture

Track the Release Date for PlayStation VR

Now - Sony is yet to reveal the exact release date for PlayStation VR. Start tracking it now using Releases.com | Promoted post

Top 10 Fallout 4 Mods Week 14

27m ago - Top 10 Fallout 4 Mods Week 14 going over the best mods from the fourteenth week of Fallout 4 on P... | PC

Features and expectations for “Fire Emblem Fates”

33m ago - "Fire Emblem Fates Birthright and Conquest" will be released on February 19th, next week. And des... | Nintendo

The Road To Street Fighter V - Episode 3

37m ago - With a collection of personal accounts regarding fighting games, Daniel Thompson articulates phil... | PS2