Submitted by leonHurley 460d ago | opinion piece

8 reasons to own a PS Vita in 2013 – the best portable games this year

OPM: From Killzone Mercenary’s cash up front space wars to a new take on Bioshock these are the 8 games of 2013 that make a PS Vita worth owning. (BioShock, Killzone Mercenary, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 2, PS Vita, Tearaway)

gijsbrecht  +   460d ago
I am really curious about Killzone Mercenary. It looks insanely good for a handheld and I keep hearing it has an actual campaign. Tearaway and Persona 4 are also must buys for me. I think we are going to have some great games in 2013 for the Vita.
hot4play  +   460d ago
Yes! Not to mention: Soul Sacrifice, Sly 4, DoA 5+ and FFX HD. Im really hoping for new killer game announcements early this year like a new MGS, Resident Evil, or Gran Turismo.
DEATHxTHExKIDx  +   460d ago
FFXHD isn't even confirmed for this year. SE flopped hard on that. It was way to early for them to announce that. KH1.5 got announced a few months ago now its coming to Japan in March.
hay  +   460d ago
But we can definitely hope for Ground Zeroes and Phantom Rain will use the Kojima's Transfarring.
Jaces  +   460d ago
I'm just waiting for a good Vita bundle, maybe something where it's a limited version of the Vita. Had one at launch and needless to say I wasn't as careful with it as I should have been and now I'm looking to buy another.

Honestly the vita is underrated, it's a spectacular addition to the handheld market, they just need to get those games out into the public's hands to show them just how awesome this machine is.
chestnut1122  +   460d ago
Get to it as soon as possible ;_) Persona 4, MGS HD, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Need for Speed etc. will make Your time worth it while waiting for new games to come around these 2013.,
Jaces  +   460d ago
I was able to play most of those before the incident. Gravity Rush was a fantastic game, truly beyond expectations and it had an intriguing story as well, can't wait for the second. Played some uncharted, while it was fun it was toned down quite a bit so it was like playing the first Uncharted, which isn't bad but it stinks after playing 2 and 3. lol!
tubers  +   460d ago
"I keep hearing it has an actual campaign."

OMG! Source please!?

I was afraid it was another Unit 13 (no story) or CoDBOD (subpar campaign) because of the "Mercenary" naming but please, if you can find any decent source, I'd be more than glad to gobble the info and hold on to it.
gijsbrecht  +   460d ago
The first time I read about it was on this twitter reply from Killzone.com:

tubers  +   460d ago
yes! thx!
FragGen  +   460d ago
Absolutely, I expect to focus heavily on building my Vita library next year (vs my PS3 or 360). I'm as excited for KZM and Tearaway as I am for just about any "big" PS3 or X360 games coming up, can't wait!
#1.4 (Edited 460d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
chestnut1122  +   460d ago
Now is the right time Sony should focus more on the Vita now that the PS3 is on their way to the top., All hail Sony.
BanBrother  +   460d ago
Definitely focus more on the VITA. This is the first list in ages that actually listed all super awesome looking games, and no shovel-ware filler.

Killzone Merc especially. Has the Bioshock game been confirmed? Holy crap if it has I will throw a party.

This year is looking to be a very strong year for the VITA. I can only imagine how the crowds would cheer if another excellent handheld God of war game was announced.

I think that it would be awesome if Ps3 players could vs VITA players in Mercernary online, but for obvious reasons it would not happen.
MizTv  +   460d ago
I remember at e3 a couple yeas ago they said bioshock for vita
Phil32  +   460d ago
"All hail Sony."

Do you seriously consider a soulless company like a king that you should bow down to? That is almost as pathetic as the guy who considers Nintendo his family.

The fanboyism on this site is amazing, and I don't mean that in a good way.
#2.2 (Edited 460d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
rpd123  +   460d ago
Agreed. It's ridiculous.
#2.2.1 (Edited 460d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report
Blues Cowboy  +   460d ago
I bought a Vita at launch, and really enjoy its PSOne classics (and LBP, natch), but I'm not sure that those eight games are going to bother some of the massive 3DS games coming out this year. Fire Emblem, MH3U/4, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2, Pokemon X/Y, Etrian Odyssey 6 etc. More to the point, I'm a bit worried that we barely know anything about KZ Mercenary and the BioShock game yet.

I'm not ragging on the Vita and I want it to do well, but I think that Sony really needs to step up the publicity surrounding incoming games and sign on some more killer exclusives. Plus, encouraging PSN devs to release simultaneously on PS3 and Vita would be great.
#3 (Edited 460d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
chestnut1122  +   460d ago
Soul Sacrifice alone is worth it., and we should wait until February for some big announcements.
#3.1 (Edited 460d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Blues Cowboy  +   460d ago
I'll keep my fingers crossed. :) Got high hopes for the Vita, just feel it needs more support. With any luck 2013 will be a blinder.
remanutd55  +   460d ago
Little Big Planet is the best and most importantly title on the vita as of today in my opinion, my most anticipated title is Sly Cooper Thieves in Time but i gotta say i'm really anticipating killzone Mercenary, Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice and warrior's Lair.
DigitalRaptor  +   460d ago
Why would OPM include BioShock Vita when they know full well that it's not even in development nor coming out in 2013? padding of course.

Good list otherwise though.
r21  +   460d ago
Thats odd, P4G is already out O_O
Anyways, I cant wait to play all these games :D
First game I'll be getting this year is Sly Thieves In Times with that cross buy deal :)
Godchild1020  +   460d ago
Persona 4 is not out in Europe and the UK. That's why they listed the game as a 2013 title. I believe it comes out February.

The new price for Sly cooper makes it hard to pass up.
#5.1 (Edited 460d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
r21  +   460d ago
Seriously, that long? I dont understand why the European folks have to wait longer than the US folks. Its the same case for Sly 4, its been delayed one month for the Euro folks :L

Not only price, its a great stealth platformer open world game too! :D
MasterCornholio  +   460d ago
Im dying to play this game and i hate the wait for us europeons. Oh well at least it wont be long until i get my hands on that game.
G20WLY  +   460d ago
P4G is not out in UK or Autralia yet. It comes out in February.

I'm looking forward to Sly too :)
DEATHxTHExKIDx  +   460d ago
Bioshock Vita isn't even in Development yet its not happening this year. Unless ppl want another rushed game. 6 months and Blops declassifed was incredibly bad.

I'm for sure getting Sly4 on PS3 tho.
jaredhart  +   460d ago
I really love my Vita. Haven't touched my PS3 or 360 since I received it as a Christmas present.

Hope things get better for it.
BanBrother  +   460d ago
Vita's were insanely cheap where i live over the holiday's. Three of my friends picked one up and are loving it thus far. Think people were being a bit to presumptuous with the VITA, as one look at this list can only indicate a strong year ahead, and hopefully more people to frag in Killzone Mercenary :-)

PS Awesome, my tablet makes that smiley face as an actual pre-set key :-) :-) :-) :-) woohoo :-) :-) :-)
#7.1 (Edited 460d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
tubers  +   460d ago
..and here's wishing for a VITAlicious Destination Playstation on Feb 25-28:

I hope Sony announces something mind blowing for the VITA.
#8 (Edited 460d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
pandaboy  +   460d ago
I would slit my wrists before buying a vita.
ExCest  +   460d ago
Goodbye then
e-p-ayeaH  +   460d ago
It needs more original titles like Tearaway not games you can already play on a PS3/PS2.

Bioshock Vita isn't happening anytime soon i rather wait for more price drops before that actually comes out.
#10 (Edited 460d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Protagonist  +   460d ago
Looking good and this is just the beginning!
TheLastGuardian  +   460d ago
I'm getting Tearaway, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Soul Sacrifice, Guacamelee, Killzone: Mercenary and Warrior's Lair day 1. I really want Bioshock Vita too, but I think it'll release in 2014. Can't wait to see what will be announced for the Vita at Destination PlayStation next month.
a_bro  +   460d ago
I want a souls game on the vita...pls, kthnx....
tubers  +   460d ago
Souls from FromSoftware you mean?

I'd love that too.
Hozi  +   460d ago
If I controlled SONY. Everyone with a VITA would be enjoying all PS3 games via remote play and it would work smooth. Imagine being able to just play one of the already amazing games for PS3 without a hassle. Why doesn't SONY push remote play more? so many PS3 owners would buy a VITA. Imagine playing Black Ops 2 or Battlefield 3 Multiplayer via PS Vita from remote play.
Kingthrash360  +   460d ago
Look like march is gunna be a busy month. I hope bio shock come this year. I haven't seen or heard much on it.
Pillsbury1  +   460d ago
Games are coming and price will drop. People can now stop complaining and buy a vita!

EDIT: don't forget the future connectivity to ps4!
#16 (Edited 460d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
RTheRebel  +   460d ago
i hope the soul sacrifice ps vita(Red) comes to the states so wanna buy already bought persona 4 but have no vita until ss comes out =)

First Hour: Trails Fusion

37m ago - Colin checks out the first hour of Trials Fusion on the Playstation 4. | PC

A look at Maddening Relapse from Castle Geek-Skull

1h ago - Castle Geek-Skull takes a look at the free game "Maddening Relapse" from NAL Games. "The visuals... | PC

Dark Souls 2 PC retail release date moved to May 2 in the UK [UPDATE]

1h ago - Dark Souls 2′s PC release at retail in the UK has been delayed to May 2, Bandai Namco has confirmed. | PC

Screenshot Weekly – Lenna’s Inception, OTTTD, Taita

1h ago - Lenna’s Inception is a procedurally generated action adventure title stylized to invoke a sense o... | PC

Enter to Win a PS4 and More!

Now - We are buying one lucky N4Ger a PS4 just for commenting on any N4G story! | Promoted post

[IGM] PAX East First Impressions – Invisible Inc.

1h ago - Klei Entertainment has quickly become a powerhouse in the indie industry over the past decade. Ch... | PC