Submitted by THESHAUNZY 685d ago | opinion piece

The Biggest let Down of 2012 is?

GamersBliss.com writes: "The world hasn’t ended, apparently being a let down to some who were ready for the mayan apocalypse. But for gamers their worlds have been going through an apocalypse long before the end of the Mayan calendar. With tarnished images of their beloved franchise’s and new IP’s thanks to the these games. You may be surprised who we find to be the biggest let down in 2012." (Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified, Capcom, PC, PS Vita, PS3, Resident Evil 6, The War Z, Wii U, Xbox 360)

SheaHoff  +   685d ago
I've heard bad things about all of these games :/
omi25p  +   685d ago
They should add Mass Effect 3 to the list.
crzyjackbauer  +   684d ago
halo 4's multiplayer
seriously 343 must have been on meth
ZigZagZach  +   684d ago
If an ending ruined a game for you, then don't play a story driven game anymore.
omi25p  +   684d ago
The whole game is about the decision i make. If i find out the decisions i make a literally pointless, what is the point in making them.

Which causes the game to be pointless. The ending to ME3 Literally ruined the entire franchise for me and i can no longer enjoy playing it simply because there is no point.
TheSuperior  +   685d ago
Lol Three words "Fable: The Journey"
I want to pretend that i am driving a stage coach… really it doesn’t look retarded it feels so cool JK haha

Cant call it a letdown though because my expectations were low anyway. Good picks for the others on the list tho
#2 (Edited 685d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
kma2k  +   685d ago
When i heard a new fable was comming out my expectations & hopes were super high, then i heard it was for kinect & it seemingly fell off my radar. So having said that like what you said my expectations are practically zero. Lets put it this way I have gamefly & i could get the game tommorow but i chose to play 3 year old games on my backlog then try fable journey out!
admiralvic  +   685d ago
I thought NeverDead was a pretty big let down. While most people didn't expect much, I had hopes it would be somewhat different, but it just turned out to be awful in every way...
#2.2 (Edited 685d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
THESHAUNZY  +   685d ago
Yea all these picks are spot on given all the Hype they caused in the industry. I was going to add the Vita but it still can prove itself... maybe it will be on 2013's list if it can't get its act together.
Kingofwiiu  +   685d ago
100% Black ops Declassifed. Hailed as the Commercial Saviour of the Vita , it turned out to be embarassing Exposure of Nihilistic , Activision and Sony for giving that game the green light.

They have a Handheld which is pretty close to ps3 graphics , and they allow a game that looks worse than a Ps2 game graphically onto their system... The sound effects of the guns on that game is an insult. Even with headphones in it sounds like DS level gun sounds.
#4 (Edited 685d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Rainstorm81  +   685d ago
The console/PC version of every CoD has horrible gun sounds.....Battlefield Bad Company and every other BF after has exposed this fact. After playing BF games CoD guns sound like rapid fire typewriters

Also CoD looked like a lesser game on the Vita but it also looks like a lesser game on other platforms and still sells millions.....Go Figure
Ares84HU  +   685d ago
Honestly, CoD Declassified wasn't that bad. It's not as good as any of the big budget CoD games but it is enjoyable. So is RE6, so far I really enjoyed the game. It's not a RE2 that's for sure but it's a scary game....way more scary than RE5 was.
bullymangLer  +   685d ago
The PS Vita is a bummer . not because its lack of games of uniqueness . but mainly because it is so darn uncomfortable in the mitts. . makes it such a burden to play any game on that hand held . needs a new design
porkChop  +   685d ago
Get one of the many grips for the system. They're much more comfortable.
bullymangLer  +   685d ago
good idea, kuz daiyummm
Hicken  +   685d ago
I've played my Vita for hours at a time- like 5-6+ straight at one point with Gravity Rush- without any problems except sitting/standing/laying in one position for too long.

What gives lie to your words is your previous comments saying the DS/3DS feels better in your hands. Sorry, but there's no way that's true. Not saying that Nintendo's offerings feel bad, but I definitely got cramps in my hand using my DSLite, as square isn't really a natural shape for most living things, including humans.

Keep trying, though.
Kingofwiiu  +   685d ago
The PS vita is more comfy than the 3DS. But the 3DS XL is comfier than both.
bullymangLer  +   685d ago
dude . .even the ds lite is more comfy than the Vita . . try this . go grab a banana . . now pretend it was a Vita . dsn't that feel more groovy ?
gamefanatic007  +   685d ago
Resident Evil 6 sucks stank, raw A$$!
Rhezin  +   685d ago
glad I only played the demo then...
ZeekQuattro  +   685d ago
I can only hope the DMC reboot flops hard. Capcom needs to go into restructuring to get their priorities straight as they already hurt a number of their older franchises. Even then they would probably blame Ninja Theory and go on like its business as usual. They basically killed Mega Man and the Resident Evil franchise. Its no wonder there are rumors about RE: Revelations getting an HD console port. People actually praised Revelations. It was not without its own faults but then all games have them.

On a side note I keep forgetting Mega Man just had a 25th anniversary. Capcom could at least released a new traditional Mega Man game to celebrate as its kinda sad when the job is left up to fans. In the end I hope they announce a new Mega Man game but they probably won't with their record. They canceled the last two games in the series.
#9 (Edited 685d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Rainstorm81  +   685d ago
Mega Man was one of my favorite games from the NES era, it's sad to see that they can only make NES style Mega Man games in 2013
StrongMan  +   685d ago
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor

38 Metacritic score
60k sales
#10 (Edited 685d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Bathyj  +   685d ago
Ghost Recon for me. Without a doubt.

Many of the other "disappointments" of the year, I never really had high hopes for so I cant be too let down by them.
Y_5150  +   685d ago
Well Resident Evil seems like the winner for this year to me but I have yet to buy it. Played the demo and it felt too different from all the RE games.

Also for 2013, the Army of Two reboot might be the biggest if all of my other favorite games do deliver!
#12 (Edited 685d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
andshesays  +   684d ago
Army of Two? with the fist bumps and stomach hi5s? ..... @_@
Y_5150  +   684d ago
The new reboot won't surely have that. It's now going to be more serious...I like shooters that has a not so serious tone to it.
Knushwood Butt  +   684d ago
Fortunately, I didn't buy anything in 2012 that I felt let down by.

Most annoying game I played would probably go to Gravity Rush, but I still enjoyed the game overall. Some of the gameplay needed more polish.
TheGrimBunny  +   684d ago
I agree with Superior... Fable: The Journey, just think of that compared to the original Fable.
andshesays  +   684d ago
I loved resident evil 6 and il be buying it on steam to play with my friends when it comes out!!
majiebeast  +   684d ago
Diablo 3 by far the biggest dissapointment of the decade even.
sonicsidewinder  +   684d ago
Doubt there's anyone foolish enough to have had 'high expectations' for the War Z anyway.

Hardly a letdown. More a prime example of how to make a game bad, and watch it burn.
Tzunoy  +   684d ago
Next-Gen.
Urusernamesucks  +   684d ago
Black opps II
Decaf_PIxel_Kat  +   684d ago
Capcom.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse Hands-On | Gamereactor UK

6m ago - GR-UK writes: "After the huge disappointment that was Battle of Z, it is great to see that Dragon... | PC

RuneScape Charity Breaks Previous Record

7m ago - Jagex's second annual Well of Goodwill event has shattered last year's record with time left to g... | PC

Valiance Online Kickstarter Campaign Cancelled

7m ago - Valiance Online, one of the City of Heroes spiritual successors created by fans, has cancelled th... | PC

Muramasa Rebirth Now Available For A Reduced Price On Amazon

8m ago - TC:" Muramasa Rebirth is one of the more interesting PlayStation Vita titles, featuring beautiful... | PS Vita

Are you bored?

Now - Watch 10 seconds videos about games and game culture at COUB Gaming... | Promoted post

Monument Valley Receives A Brand New Level

8m ago - TTP: "Monument Valley, the beautiful game developed by Ustwo, has received a brand new stage that... | iPhone