Submitted by Queasy 662d ago | news

Xbox LIVE 12-Month Gold Card discounted to $40 at Amazon

XMNR: Amazon dropped the price of the 12-month Xbox LIVE Gold Card to $40 on Saturday as part of an anticipated price match to a Best Buy offer. (Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE)

GalacticEmpire  +   662d ago
Nevermind wrong post.

Good deal
#1 (Edited 662d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
StrongMan   662d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(9)
InTheZoneAC  +   662d ago
YEAH, LET'S PAY TO PLAY ONLINE, YEAH!

and it's irrelevant how much you make, paying for this service is admitting you like getting robbed.
#3 (Edited 662d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(22) | Report | Reply
lastofgen  +   662d ago
lol...what?
It's a choice some of us make. I knew all the options before getting a 360 over a ps3. Most of my friends play on the 360 so I got that. And I'm a huge fan of Halo and Gears of War mp. Obviously, I can't play those games on the ps3.
Belking  +   662d ago
True...but I said the same thing about having to buy RAM for the vita. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. People choose to pay for XBL gold.

Nothing is forced upon them. It's either that or what sony offers. Some choose to pay for live and others choose psn. Nothing wrong with that. It's your money so do with it as you please. It all comes down to the business model of each service and how they make money from it. What works for MS may not work for sony and Vice versa. To each his own.
#3.2 (Edited 662d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
InTheZoneAC  +   662d ago
before ps+, sony could've charged for online like xbl, but they chose to give us ps+ as an option with free online play.

and you can't buy ram for the vita, but you can buy memory sticks.

and no, they're not the same.
MizTv  +   662d ago
And they will defend it anyway they can lol
kreate  +   662d ago
lol
Exactly!

Anyways I also paid for live. But it wasn't cuz Xbox live was worth 40 bucks. It was cuz I wanted to play some games w my friends. While I was a gold member I tried the different features to see what was so great about it but I didn't see anything worth 40 bucks in my opinion.

Xbox gamers love it so I'm thinking I'm missing something here.
RuleofOne343  +   662d ago
No different than those who preach about the other being free.
stiggs  +   662d ago
InTheZoneAC
So, paying for anything that can be obtained for free is like admitting that you like getting robbed? Water is generally free (it falls from the sky) so paying for it is for suckers...right? Food banks give out free meals to people so paying for food is for suckers...right? Walking is free so anyone paying for transportation is for suckers...right?

I guess that I like to get robbed because I pay for and enjoy all of those things...and XBOX Live too.
#3.4 (Edited 662d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Krew_92  +   662d ago
To Knight_Crawler

The day PSN is paid only, is the day I completely sell my Sony gaming collection and invest in a powerful gaming rig.

I don't like paying for a simple service, especially if the service isn't even being provided directly (games have their own online dedicated servers, sometimes none such as Call of Duty so it's pointless to be paying for peer to peer.)

At the end of the day though, I would only pay for XBL if I'm getting a deal, such as this one. I have family who plays on Live it would be worth the money to play with them.
#3.5 (Edited 662d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
kingslayer1000   662d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(1)
AlucardFury  +   662d ago
That's $3.33 a month, not bad folks, not bad. Just go one less time a month to a BK, McDonald's or whatever crap you feed your body and you can afford it. You're also battling obesity which I heard was high.
#5 (Edited 662d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
InTheZoneAC  +   662d ago
you're missing the point

you're paying for a service that should be free, but MS charges for it KNOWING you and everyone else will give them your money.
AlucardFury  +   662d ago
You can take stiggs's reply as my own.
#5.1.1 (Edited 662d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report
BanBrother  +   662d ago
InTheZone

XBL does not feel as poor. Much more social, with party chat and the fact that headsets were apart of the console bundles.

And is this some moral high-ground people are taking, or are they just extremely poor? Because if it is the moral high-ground thingy, I could easily call everyone who buys games from EA, activision and Capcom suckers.

Everyone who pays for XBL would prefer it to be free, but I don't walk into a restaurant and expect the chefs to throw me a free lobster. If I were in a homeless shelter then that is another story.

Catch my metaphor?
CommonSenseGamer  +   662d ago
@InTheZone
So if I buy a second hand game why should I have to pay again to play that online?

I buy most of my games second hand and its cheaper for me to buy them on the 360 and pay for Gold membership than to buy the same games second hand for PS3 and then have to buy online passes.
#5.1.3 (Edited 662d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report
kreate  +   662d ago
I don't think there's any problem with MS charging for Xbox live since there are consumers who are willing to pay for it.

Its about MS persuading the general gamers that Xbox live is worth it. So far, MS did a extremely good job.
MadMen  +   662d ago
@strongman

LOL

you silly man there is a reason you only have one bubble

LOL
BanBrother  +   662d ago
I hope all those who are trolling and saying "only stupid people pay for something that should be free" aren't the same people who are buying online passes and day one dlc.
MysticStrummer  +   662d ago
Online passes and day one DLC aren't free for anyone, unless sometimes if you predorder the game or buy a copy fast enough and the code is in the first shipment cases. Paying to play online isn't the same thing at all. Seems obvious really. If you feel it's worth it, hey it's your money, but the bottom line is you are paying for something that is free for gamers on most other platforms. You can say it's because of cross game chat or some other feature, but that doesn't change the fact that you can't play online unless you pay.
BanBrother  +   662d ago
Your missing the point. There are always other alternatives, games that don't require online passes. XBL and PSN both offer different services, and each console has games that can only be played on THAT console.

I could easily look at evrything people buy day to day and pick out crap that I think is 'stupid'. No-one wants xbl to cost money, it just does unfortunately. Unless Sony buys Gears of War and Halo, expect people to be paying for xbl in the masses.
portal_2  +   662d ago
"Unless Sony buys Gears of War and Halo, expect people to be paying for xbl in the masses."

...or just comes up with some new fresh and cool online IPs :)
NoobJobz  +   662d ago
Must have missed it. Says $49 on Amazon ATM. Best buy says $39 still.
busytoad  +   662d ago
LoL at idiots paying for thier console's online lmfao.
AlucardFury  +   662d ago
lol at idiots who lol at other people for spending their money to their liking.
ItsTrue  +   662d ago
Lol at insecure fanboy resorting to bashing others opinions.
Riderz1337  +   662d ago
Why are people coming here to bash Xbox Gold. I mean seriously come on I love my PS3 but why do you Sony/Nintendo fans care what people do with their money. Grow up guys.
Ravenor  +   662d ago
Finally someone with some semblance of reason, seriously.
th3n00bg4m3r  +   662d ago
OH MY GOD, WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING? PLEASE FAN-BOYS, SHUT UP, JUST SHUT THE HECK UP ABOUT WHICH CONSOLE YOU PREFER. PLEASE, GROW UP.
MY GOD, THIS IS INSANE, THINK ABOUT IT FOR A SECOND.

Related image(s)
ItsTrue  +   662d ago
Some people just believe that there is only ONE best colour, and anyone else that thinks otherwise is idiotic.
Fanboys will remain fanboys until they finally realise what they are saying. To be honest, I don't see any of these people growing up anytime soon.
BladerunnerZX  +   662d ago
Xbox live GOLD outdated since 2002.

Pay us for services that are free on every PC , game console , tablet and any other internet connected device ever made or sold.

By the way cross game chat is soo worth 40 to 50.00$ a year right gamers ?

Plus you get a dashboard full of commercials and promotions that have absolutely nothing to do with videogames for free !
#12 (Edited 662d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
portal_2  +   662d ago
I don't pay for XBL, but I get it - as a service it is more open to socialising than PSN. Faster menus don't count lol, its due to the OS not your yearly subscription ;)
RuleofOne343  +   662d ago
@StrongMan cause maybe most people prefer to pay for things they like & have no issues about doing so.
could be they just prefer not rely on freebies.

Bayonetta 2 is proof Japan’s oddity is still more than welcome across the rest of the globe

12m ago - 'Japan is undeniably weird. It is a land where norms are thrown out of the window and creativity... | Wii U

Halloween invades Fantasy Life with 4 new costumes

26m ago - In celebration of Halloween, Fantasy Life has received four new promotional costumes players can... | 3DS

Interview with Nate Schmold of 30/30

29m ago - Cosmochoria blasted its way onto Steam's Early Access storefront on September 29. A sort of tower... | PC

How to play PS4 on Android (Root Needed)

29m ago - This is a video showing you how to remote play on any android devices. in this video I'm using th... | PS4

Win Outlast and Whistleblower Codes!

Now - It's no trick, Outlast 2 is in the works - and to celebrate Red Barrels has given us Outlast and Whistleblower treats! | Promoted post

Steam Halloween Sale 2014 Now Live With Big Discounts To Digital Items

45m ago - Techtorial: Steam has now updated its page reflecting its Halloween Sale event that will last unt... | PC