Submitted by gaminoz 791d ago | preview

First battle of 2013: Why Revengeance is better than DmC (OXCGN Preview)

OXCGN:

"If I’m spending countless hours swinging my sword at enemies, I not only want to enjoy doing it but I want to appreciate the effort I’ve put in to perform combos and stunning air defying stunts.

After spending the better of a few hours on both demos (note they can be finished within 30 minutes), I can safely say that of the two, Revengeance is the premiere hack and slash title to look forward to this year." (DmC: Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, PS3, Xbox 360)

gaminoz  +   791d ago
Stupid names for both of them, with both of them having protagonists people don't like....

But DMC seems more to my taste as far as environments and concept.
#1 (Edited 791d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(38) | Report | Reply
Whitefeather  +   791d ago
Raiden isn't on the level of dislike as Donte. He is at least an original character with depth. Donte is just an abomination of what was once an awesome character.
TheBatman_Fanatic  +   791d ago
It's Dante, not "Donte".
VsAssassin  +   791d ago
@TheBatman_Fanatic, Donte it is since his name is pronounce this way now. And I'm sure you already know this. Right?
DeusExer  +   791d ago
I thought the sword techniques were awesome in Revengeance from what I played at the EB Expo, but might get old after a while.

Both two different games IMO and I'll reserve judgement until I play both.
RyuX19  +   791d ago
It doesn't get old. I've got about 5 hours on the MGR demo alone.
Chuk5  +   791d ago
Idont know what it is, but something about Rising doesn't do it for me. I think Platinum is one of the best devs this gen, but Rising looks like it's lacking polish in a weird way, but I want to try out the demo. Platinum almost never fails, so i'll reserve judgement. I enjoyed the DmC demo though.
gaminoz  +   791d ago
The whole look turns me off. Not sure why though...except Raiden has never appealed
gaminoz  +   791d ago
God of War should the the slasher of 2013?
#4 (Edited 791d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(13) | Report | Reply
BadCircuit  +   791d ago
true
GenoZStriker  +   791d ago
It probably is going to be. God of War Ascension, just based off what they've showed us so far, looks more polished, fluid and smoother than DmC and MGR. The God of War games have critically also performed better than any game Platinum Games or Ninja Theory have developed. Story wise it's also the least ridiculous one.
#4.2 (Edited 791d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
prototypeknuckles  +   791d ago
that is true, while kratos is a very over angry character, the story in god of war at least makes sense and feels epic, though for me the gameplay is a little too buttonmashy, but if some of those rumors from DmC are true like vergil turning into a dinosaur(LMFAO, oh god i hope that was fake) then yeah DmC just got a lot worse.
#4.2.1 (Edited 791d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(1) | Report
Neckbear  +   791d ago
At least in a mainstream way. But God of War games have never been particularly engrossing for me, the gameplay in those games is incredibly simple (as in "mash square and roll occasionally" simple) and seeing it become the genre's primary example is kind of...sad. Especially because more games aspire to be like it and copy its gameplay to some degree, which I just don't enjoy at all. At least not as much as DMC4's or Bayonetta's.
#4.3 (Edited 791d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
GenericNameHere  +   791d ago
The games may not have twitch-finger reflexes and perfect pixel combos, but the games are still pretty good. It's kind of like RPGs nowadays. JRPGs (not all,but alot were) used to be King of RPGs, having great story, great characters, great setting, and longevity/replay value. Now, WRPGs are taking over, and the developers who used to develop great JRPGs (cough* Final Fantasy *cough*) are now taking cues from WRPGs (which is by no means a bad thing), and making JRPGs more westernized. I admit I've button smashed in every hack-and-slash game and won. I've even button smashed in God of War III's Titan difficulty and beat it. But that does not mean God of War is a bad game, and is certainly fine for other games to try and copy it, maybe not just for the gameplay, but the mood, setting, characters, etc.
#4.3.1 (Edited 791d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report
Proeliator  +   791d ago
Really looking forward to Rising... not so much DMC.
Hanso  +   790d ago
same for me!
Sevir  +   791d ago
excited for both.
Both will be excellent! I can't wait for both.
j-blaze  +   790d ago
god you're so fake and pathetic

on topic: but of course, 2 great Japanese devs "KojiPro and Platinum" are making the game i mean duh 一_一
Dark11  +   791d ago
DmC has a great level design , but everything else looks average. maybe i will get it used.

as for MGR it's looks Amazing! , Day 1 for me.
GenoZStriker  +   791d ago
This is very simple, if you want a combo centric game, you go for DmC. If you want a fast high-intense parry/counter game, MGR would be your choice. If you like both, you get both.
CrescentFang  +   791d ago
I totally agree with you... MGR does not seem very focused on combos as compared to just plain fast action
RyuX19  +   791d ago
I approve of this article and there needs to be more articles like this.
#9 (Edited 791d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
prototypeknuckles  +   791d ago
DmC=rent so i can review for n4g and possibly youtube.
MGR revengeance=i cant buy it day 1, may not have the money, but ill definatly be buying this, around launch.
League_of_Draven  +   791d ago
It's not.
cferretrun  +   791d ago
Never really got into the MSG games, even on NES to Playsation, PSP and forward. I'll be picking up DmC though. :>
BadCircuit  +   791d ago
MGS 4 was awesome. I didn't really get into the others either. And the soap opera cut scenes turned me off.
CrescentFang  +   791d ago
Then maybe you'll like Ghost Babel on the Game Boy?
Blacktric  +   790d ago
-Can't even spell MGS right.
-LEL I'll get the DmC though xDxDDDD

How surprising.
Ravenor  +   790d ago
Or it was a typo? I'm sure he doesn't think the game is named Metal Solid Gear.
cferretrun  +   789d ago
Mistakes happen, sweetheart. I don't snipe them out and degrade myself as a human being by tearing another down. (:
Blacktric  +   789d ago
But you sure do try hard to degrade another down by using the word "sweetheart".

";)"

Try to type a little less hastily next time when someone insults your favorite "not even released yet" game.
PS4isKing_82  +   790d ago
lol just mg rising? HA! any game is better than this new dmc.
Inception  +   790d ago
Isn't that obvious? Rising will crush DmC in terms of gameplay and story. Platinum (with help from Kojipro) knew how to pleased hardcore gamer who loved deep gameplay with high difficulty. For DmC, too bad, if this game made by Platinum i will buy it too. But NT made it and the result from the demo & trailers it looks slow, enemy's AI beyond stupid, and full of frame skip.

Btw, GoW Ascension and Lord of Shadows 2 looks more promising than DmC. So i will buy Rising, Ascension, and LoS 2 for my hack & slash requirement ^^ And maybe Anarchy Reigns if my wallet still alive >.<
#14 (Edited 790d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Hanso  +   790d ago
yeah i too will get rising anarchy reigns gow ascencion and LoS2
dmc can rot in hell
Kenshin_BATT0USAI  +   790d ago
From playing both demos I can safely say Rising has MUCH MORE depth in gameplay, and is much faster paced. Both of which are my preference when it comes to action games. Although I did find it a bit on the easy side. However, DmC's demo was a joke difficulty-wise so whatever.
SovereignSnaKe  +   790d ago
-Oh just wait until after DmC releases, give them 24 hours and all the whiny, religious, a-holes will have forgotten about it and move onto their next witch burning. Rising is just being eclipsed for the moment, but given today's attention spans among most internet fiends, the hate mongering for Rising will start rolling in on January 16th.
#16 (Edited 790d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
VileAndVicious  +   790d ago
why are you always bringing up the topic of religion into video game discussions?
TRU3_GAM3R  +   790d ago
Castlevania Los 2 > Dmc (:
#17 (Edited 790d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Hanso  +   790d ago
DMC2>DmC :D
lastnameiodfogewiuh   790d ago | Spam

Target Ad 3/8 - 3/14

8m ago - Take a look at the latest Target ad. | Wii

Review: Evolve | The Toledo Blade

29m ago - Playing with friends is ideal. Playing Evolve with a randomly paired group is the gaming equivale... | PC

Major Nelson Confirms: Screenshots Are Not Coming to Xbox 360

30m ago - After going so far as to completely reinvent itself to the world multiples times – from blades, t... | Xbox 360

Johnny Cage Confirmed for Mortal Kombat X

32m ago - Netherrealm developer confirms Johnny Cage is playable in Mortal Kombat X | Xbox 360

Start Making Games for the PS4

Final Symphony: London Symphony Orchestra Tribute to Final Fantasy

35m ago - "The London Symphony Orchestra has put together a symphonic tribute to Final Fantasy VI, VII, and... | PS2