The characters in The Spiderwick Chronicles do their best with their wicked bats, fairy nets, mouse-man friends, and cool-looking house, but they're no match for the entropic forces of fetch quests, bad platforming, and uninspired action. Though the heroes of the movie eventually save their own day from the forces of boredom, they probably won't be able to save yours.
- You savagely kill things with a baseball bat
- Much of the excellent source material is represented
- The house looks good
- The platforming is all handled for you
- Combat is mostly a one-button affair
- Voice work is always unnatural and occasionally broken
- You spend most of the game playing fetch