Guys from PSM3 talk about GTA IV what they saw at Rockstar's office
They explain GTA 4 controls and show that you press circle to punch and square to kick, also show that when you hit R1 you go in cover. Also they show you have three movement speed, walking , jogging and Sprinting.They say that at some places you can climb objects like Assasins Creed with the square button.They show how the phone works, Down on the d pad and \it makes it appear at the bottom of the screen.You can jack cars in GTA 4, break the glass with L1 and then you cut wires to make the car start.You can go in NetCafe to go on the internet in the game.
• According to the journalists, the first hands-on minutes were enough to solidify their feelings of how the game is going to kick ass.
• Liberty City has more streets than any other game in the genre.
• You cannot enter every building. However, you can interact with most of them. Rooftops, stairways, fire escapes, partial interiors, etc.
• Niko will not be able to manage property, gangs or trade.
• Bowling, dart games, drinking games, strip clubs and night clubs will be available.
• The core of GTA IV is all about the human relationship.
• Sometimes, your contacts may call you during a hard mission to ask you a service. In this instance, you can choose between the mission or whatever your contact is asking. If you ditch your mission to do things with your phone contact, you may see consequences. Whether or not you will be able to replay the mission that you went away from remains to be seen.
• The new impression of seeing a next generation living, breathing city is absolutely stunning.
• The pedestrian population density changes between the place/borough you are in.
• If you walk around the street with a gun in your hand, pedestrians who have a phone can call the police.
• In one instance when Niko tried to carjack someone, the scared innocent driver sped away so fast that he hit two cars.
• During the first mission that the journalists played, they tried to carjack someone without a gun. The driver beat up Niko. Niko got beat up so bad that he ended up at the hospital.
• Pedestrians react in a very realistic way. The journalists said that it is as if each person in the game leads his/her own life.
• It took 15 minutes to go through 2/3 of Manhattan with a boat. It took 10 minutes by car to go through Brooklyn and Central Park