Submitted by IAMvideogames 626d ago | opinion piece

Is Forza Horizon the Best Racer of 2012?

2012 wasn't exactly a huge year for racing games, thankfully Forza Horizon has mended this problem. Forza Horizon brings the intensity of Forza to the open road, and the result may be the best racing title of the year. (Forza Horizon, Xbox 360)

mochachino  +   626d ago
Probably but that doesn't mean it's a great game. It pretty much won by default.
hennessey86  +   626d ago
Horizon
Is brilliant, I've had so much fun the game. I wasn't expecting much, but it turned out better than I expected.
mochachino  +   626d ago
Not saying it's bad just saying that if Forza 4 and Forza Horizon released in the same year, my vote would go to Forza 4.

I just think Forza 4 is much better.
otherZinc  +   625d ago
Agreed! Horizon pleasantly surprised me. I have to apologize to Turn 10 for not buying Horizon day 1. I'll be in line next year day 1 for the new Forza, should one release.

Forza Horizon, 2012 Racer of the year!
#1.1.2 (Edited 625d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
IAMERROR  +   626d ago
NFS had a new installment and is one of the biggest franchises ever, I'd hardly say it won by default.

Not sure why people are disagreeing, I'm just saying that there was competition in the genre. As for what was the better game? I cannot say since I haven't played either of them but Horizon interests me far more.
#1.2 (Edited 626d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
guitarded77  +   626d ago
I got both, and FOR ME,Horizon was the better of the two. I wish the maps were bigger and more diverse in both games though.
Tr10wn  +   626d ago
hmm idk Horizon is better than most racing games out there.
Walker  +   626d ago
NFS: Most Wanted is way better ...
Hingle_Mcringleberry   626d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(1)
fermcr  +   626d ago
Don't even compare Forza Horizon with NFS Most Wanted. NFS Most Wanted is a average game. Forza Horizon is a very good game.
R6ex  +   626d ago
Yup. NFS's rubber-band AIs just suck!
NukaCola  +   626d ago
No....It's not even close this year.

Need for Speed Most Wanted is one of the greatest racers of all time. I have it on Ps3 and Vita and the Vita version is the best handheld racing game I have ever played.
yesmynameissumo  +   626d ago
I don't have the PS3 version, but do have the Vita version. I completely agree regarding the Vita.
Hingle_Mcringleberry   626d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(1)
NukaCola  +   626d ago
@Hingle.

Best Racer of 2012. Read the headline buddy.

I own an Xbox and have played FH, so I stated my opinion. Haters gonna hate?

EDIT: No. You may not have any of my information. Statement still stands as before, I like Need for Speed much better. I think it is the best racer of 2012.
#3.3 (Edited 626d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(14) | Report | Reply
omi25p  +   626d ago
So you cant back up you're statement so its safe to assume you are biased. Rendering your comment null and void
CalvinKlein  +   626d ago
ahah says the cry baby PS3rd grader.

Forza horizon is rated way better than GT5, sales dont make a game good.
#3.4 (Edited 626d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
DigitalRaptor  +   625d ago
So bringing up a game (and its sales) that has nothing to do with the article, nor came out in 2012, makes you what exactly?
#3.4.1 (Edited 625d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report
abzdine  +   626d ago
for me WipEout 2048 is the best racing of 2012.
Enemy  +   626d ago
Yep, followed by NFS: Most Wanted.
Project cars..
Avernus  +   626d ago
This is my first FORZA game, since I bought an xbox for their exclusives, and I have to say, the game was/is really fun. Too bad the DLC wasn't already in the game.
Hingle_Mcringleberry   626d ago | Personal attack | show | Replies(1)
thehusbo  +   626d ago
Need for speed most wanted all day.
whoyouwit04  +   626d ago
yea it was people can say what they want about need for speed but it doesn't hold a candle in my opinion.
dark-hollow  +   626d ago
Come on n4g! Give a non Sony game credit for once!
Horizon IMO completely blows NFS most wanted out of the water.
SonyStyled  +   626d ago
Need for Speed Most Wanted has a higher score on wiki. having only played NFS:MW and not Horizon, i cant give a fair opinion. Need for Speed was cherry though.
#11 (Edited 626d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Broburger  +   626d ago
Hell yeah it is and NFS Most Wanted sucked.
#12 (Edited 626d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
josephayal  +   626d ago
maybe the best racer of all time
from the beach  +   626d ago
Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed has that prize sewn up. Try again next year Forza, as I'm sure you will ;)
#14 (Edited 626d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
WetN00dle69  +   626d ago
Im sure they will. And so will another GT,NFS hell even another Little Big Planet racing game will be released. Its only common sense those titles will see more releases especially IF those said title have its fan base and it makes money.
360ICE  +   623d ago
If GT is gonna keep up their current pace, we won't have the next one this century.
OniXRuleZ  +   626d ago
Best racing game ever! Forza games Rulez!
th3n00bg4m3r  +   626d ago
Forza 4 or Horizon? I want to get one of them on my 360.
SonyStyled  +   626d ago
that depends if you want a street racer or a track racer
AnimeAvenger  +   626d ago
Forza 4.

You will not be disappointed with either game, though I believe Forza 4 has more cars even without the DLC. You can't go wrong with either one. Get Forza 4 if you love track racers and get Horizon if you love open-world racers.
FunkMacNasty  +   626d ago
@ noobgamer,

If your a serious car fan and you havent played either, start with Forza 4. Forza Horizon is a fantastic game, but Forza 4 is the gearthead's racer. Full on sim.
omi25p  +   626d ago
I have both. Both are brilliant.

Forza 4 has a ton more cars, more customization option's and it drives like a simulator.

But Forza Horizon is a great arcadey/simulator game. It has a really good music soundtrack and still has a lot of customization (Just not as in depth as FMS4)

Also Horizon has the Rally DLC which is imo one of the best dlc's this year.

So really if you want a real drivers simulator Pick Forza Motorsport 4, If you want a great racing game with customization and good online Pick Forza Horizon.

But if i was to suggest anything id say get both as they are both so different from one another.
#16.4 (Edited 626d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
AnimeAvenger  +   626d ago
It's an alright game. Huge fan of the Forza series and don't get me wrong I love open-world racing games but the world of Forza Horizon felt all to the same. I know they choose a location that hasn't been done before unlike overused worlds of New York or on an Island. But to me it felt a little bland and I prefer big cities any day. That's just my opinion though.
munish23  +   626d ago
Loving Forza Horizon, it really exceeded my expectations. I was hesitant at first because of the change in direction, but it worked. I have yet to try out NFS Most Wanted, although it looks very much like Burnout Paradise. Although Paradise was a great game, I really don't consider it a "racing game." More like a driving game where crashing is a very large focus. I absolutely loved the original most wanted, but this one doesn't look anything like it. I'll definitely try it though when I get a chance.
xJumpManx  +   626d ago
I love forza, and have played every need for speed game but by far the criterion most wanted is my least favorite Need for speed since the Need for Speed Pro street Pro Street
FunkMacNasty  +   626d ago
Its true that there wasnt much competition as far as racers go this year. Even still, Forza Horizon would be a strong contender against a number of games in the racing genre. Its a great game, and the car handling and track/course designs are awesome.

@ Hingle_McKringleberry - LOLz.. You are on a roll tonight, my man! It's good to see people get fired up about the clear ps3 bias around here.

Designing Skylanders – An exclusive interview with I-Wei Huang from Toys For Bob

3m ago - Connected Digital World writes: I-Wei Huang is the Character Director at Toys for Bob working on... | PS4

LGBTQ Games Conference ‘GX3’ Passes Funding Goal, Will Happen Next Year

4m ago - One of the only events of its kind, LGBTQ games conference GX3 has successfully passed its fundin... | Industry

Very Early Access, But Much Potential Lies Within Dex - Cliqist

4m ago - Nathaniel Liles writes: "Dex, in its current form, is very early access-y. There are a lot of bug... | PC

Quake Live is finally coming to Steam later today

9m ago - Free-to-play first person shooter Quake Live will arrive to Steam later today. | PC

Study Game Design at DeVry

The Perils of Critical Thinking

10m ago - On Destiny, GamerGate, and the idea that "academic criticism" is bad. | PS4