Submitted by IAMvideogames 822d ago | opinion piece

Is Forza Horizon the Best Racer of 2012?

2012 wasn't exactly a huge year for racing games, thankfully Forza Horizon has mended this problem. Forza Horizon brings the intensity of Forza to the open road, and the result may be the best racing title of the year. (Forza Horizon, Xbox 360)

mochachino  +   822d ago
Probably but that doesn't mean it's a great game. It pretty much won by default.
hennessey86  +   822d ago
Horizon
Is brilliant, I've had so much fun the game. I wasn't expecting much, but it turned out better than I expected.
mochachino  +   821d ago
Not saying it's bad just saying that if Forza 4 and Forza Horizon released in the same year, my vote would go to Forza 4.

I just think Forza 4 is much better.
otherZinc  +   820d ago
Agreed! Horizon pleasantly surprised me. I have to apologize to Turn 10 for not buying Horizon day 1. I'll be in line next year day 1 for the new Forza, should one release.

Forza Horizon, 2012 Racer of the year!
#1.1.2 (Edited 820d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
IAMERROR  +   822d ago
NFS had a new installment and is one of the biggest franchises ever, I'd hardly say it won by default.

Not sure why people are disagreeing, I'm just saying that there was competition in the genre. As for what was the better game? I cannot say since I haven't played either of them but Horizon interests me far more.
#1.2 (Edited 822d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
guitarded77  +   822d ago
I got both, and FOR ME,Horizon was the better of the two. I wish the maps were bigger and more diverse in both games though.
Tr10wn  +   821d ago
hmm idk Horizon is better than most racing games out there.
Walker  +   822d ago
NFS: Most Wanted is way better ...
Hingle_Mcringleberry   822d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(1)
fermcr  +   822d ago
Don't even compare Forza Horizon with NFS Most Wanted. NFS Most Wanted is a average game. Forza Horizon is a very good game.
R6ex  +   822d ago
Yup. NFS's rubber-band AIs just suck!
NukaCola  +   822d ago
No....It's not even close this year.

Need for Speed Most Wanted is one of the greatest racers of all time. I have it on Ps3 and Vita and the Vita version is the best handheld racing game I have ever played.
yesmynameissumo  +   822d ago
I don't have the PS3 version, but do have the Vita version. I completely agree regarding the Vita.
Hingle_Mcringleberry   822d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(1)
NukaCola  +   822d ago
@Hingle.

Best Racer of 2012. Read the headline buddy.

I own an Xbox and have played FH, so I stated my opinion. Haters gonna hate?

EDIT: No. You may not have any of my information. Statement still stands as before, I like Need for Speed much better. I think it is the best racer of 2012.
#3.3 (Edited 822d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(14) | Report | Reply
omi25p  +   821d ago
So you cant back up you're statement so its safe to assume you are biased. Rendering your comment null and void
CalvinKlein  +   821d ago
ahah says the cry baby PS3rd grader.

Forza horizon is rated way better than GT5, sales dont make a game good.
#3.4 (Edited 821d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
DigitalRaptor  +   821d ago
So bringing up a game (and its sales) that has nothing to do with the article, nor came out in 2012, makes you what exactly?
#3.4.1 (Edited 821d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report
abzdine  +   822d ago
for me WipEout 2048 is the best racing of 2012.
Enemy  +   822d ago
Yep, followed by NFS: Most Wanted.
Project cars..
Avernus  +   822d ago
This is my first FORZA game, since I bought an xbox for their exclusives, and I have to say, the game was/is really fun. Too bad the DLC wasn't already in the game.
Hingle_Mcringleberry   822d ago | Personal attack | show | Replies(1)
thehusbo  +   822d ago
Need for speed most wanted all day.
whoyouwit04  +   822d ago
yea it was people can say what they want about need for speed but it doesn't hold a candle in my opinion.
dark-hollow  +   822d ago
Come on n4g! Give a non Sony game credit for once!
Horizon IMO completely blows NFS most wanted out of the water.
SonyStyled  +   822d ago
Need for Speed Most Wanted has a higher score on wiki. having only played NFS:MW and not Horizon, i cant give a fair opinion. Need for Speed was cherry though.
#11 (Edited 822d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Broburger  +   822d ago
Hell yeah it is and NFS Most Wanted sucked.
#12 (Edited 822d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
josephayal  +   822d ago
maybe the best racer of all time
from the beach  +   822d ago
Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed has that prize sewn up. Try again next year Forza, as I'm sure you will ;)
#14 (Edited 822d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
WetN00dle69  +   821d ago
Im sure they will. And so will another GT,NFS hell even another Little Big Planet racing game will be released. Its only common sense those titles will see more releases especially IF those said title have its fan base and it makes money.
360ICE  +   819d ago
If GT is gonna keep up their current pace, we won't have the next one this century.
OniXRuleZ  +   822d ago
Best racing game ever! Forza games Rulez!
th3n00bg4m3r  +   822d ago
Forza 4 or Horizon? I want to get one of them on my 360.
SonyStyled  +   821d ago
that depends if you want a street racer or a track racer
TXIDarkAvenger  +   821d ago
Forza 4.

You will not be disappointed with either game, though I believe Forza 4 has more cars even without the DLC. You can't go wrong with either one. Get Forza 4 if you love track racers and get Horizon if you love open-world racers.
FunkMacNasty  +   821d ago
@ noobgamer,

If your a serious car fan and you havent played either, start with Forza 4. Forza Horizon is a fantastic game, but Forza 4 is the gearthead's racer. Full on sim.
omi25p  +   821d ago
I have both. Both are brilliant.

Forza 4 has a ton more cars, more customization option's and it drives like a simulator.

But Forza Horizon is a great arcadey/simulator game. It has a really good music soundtrack and still has a lot of customization (Just not as in depth as FMS4)

Also Horizon has the Rally DLC which is imo one of the best dlc's this year.

So really if you want a real drivers simulator Pick Forza Motorsport 4, If you want a great racing game with customization and good online Pick Forza Horizon.

But if i was to suggest anything id say get both as they are both so different from one another.
#16.4 (Edited 821d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TXIDarkAvenger  +   821d ago
It's an alright game. Huge fan of the Forza series and don't get me wrong I love open-world racing games but the world of Forza Horizon felt all to the same. I know they choose a location that hasn't been done before unlike overused worlds of New York or on an Island. But to me it felt a little bland and I prefer big cities any day. That's just my opinion though.
munish23  +   821d ago
Loving Forza Horizon, it really exceeded my expectations. I was hesitant at first because of the change in direction, but it worked. I have yet to try out NFS Most Wanted, although it looks very much like Burnout Paradise. Although Paradise was a great game, I really don't consider it a "racing game." More like a driving game where crashing is a very large focus. I absolutely loved the original most wanted, but this one doesn't look anything like it. I'll definitely try it though when I get a chance.
xJumpManx  +   821d ago
I love forza, and have played every need for speed game but by far the criterion most wanted is my least favorite Need for speed since the Need for Speed Pro street Pro Street
FunkMacNasty  +   821d ago
Its true that there wasnt much competition as far as racers go this year. Even still, Forza Horizon would be a strong contender against a number of games in the racing genre. Its a great game, and the car handling and track/course designs are awesome.

@ Hingle_McKringleberry - LOLz.. You are on a roll tonight, my man! It's good to see people get fired up about the clear ps3 bias around here.

Star Citizen’s Pictures Show Impressive Damage Model; DirectX 12 Can Help With Memory Management

8m ago - At GDC 2015 Cloud Imperium Games Director of Graphics Engineering Alistair Brown hosted a panel o... | PC

Battlefield Hardline: How to Earn Tier 4 Reputation Track Solo or With a Hacker

31m ago - Here is a fast and easy way to earn Tier 4 Reputation in Battlefield Hardline solo or with the he... | PC

Make the World / Break the World

Now - Myriad is a twin-stick shooter that grows more beautiful the better you play. Give us your vote on Steam Greenlight! | Promoted post

The Zen of Bloodborne: What gaming can teach us about repetition

31m ago - Ben Kuchera of Polygon writes: "In gaming, as in life, we crave novelty. New experiences excit... | PS4

Experienced Points: So Who Is DRM For Anyway?

31m ago - Shamus Young Battlefield Hardline DRM So the news last week was that Battlefield: Hardline... | Culture

Ride glitch causes save game corruption, patch "will be released asap"

31m ago - VVV: "Unfortunately, the problems keep persisting, as players are reporting a widespread problem... | PC