I don’t know about you, but this is definitely a no-brainer – you should not put another piece of consumer electronics into a microwave to dry it. Unfortunately, there must have been some folks around the world who has done so, considering how Sony went about recently to make a public announcement that you should not put your PS3 console in the microwave. I am at a complete loss for words to hear that from Sony, how about you?
Sony did so based on the evidence of some PS3s which were sent back to Sony for repair, saying, “Of the defective products received by Sony, we have detected on some rare occasions evident changes in the shape of the unit and even burn marks that can only be assumed to have been brought about by the use of an electrical appliance such as a hairdryer or microwave. Heating up your game console leads not only to a defective unit but also creates the risk of a fire or even serious injury”.
Speechless, dudes, totally speechless.