Submitted by Tripe_Down 634d ago | news

Naughty Dog has very "exciting" news for Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

According to Naughty Dog´s Christmas greetings, they have exciting news for Uncharted 3´s Multiplayer as well more content around the start of 2013. (PS3, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception)

Credit url: playfront.de
Ezz2013  +   634d ago
put joel skin from the last of us in uncharted3 MP
do it ND
#1 (Edited 634d ago ) | Agree(36) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
dboyc310  +   634d ago
They should have put this much effort to the single player instead. Oh well hopefully they learn from it and go back to what they did in Uncharted 2.
kingPoS  +   634d ago
I miss the re-playability options like the screen filters & character swaps ect. I'm sure others miss them too.
KwietStorm  +   634d ago
What was wrong with the single player in Uncharted 3? I see so many people criticize the game just because. What was so much better, or even different, in Uncharted 2?
ChronoJoe  +   634d ago
@KwietStorm Story was better because it was somewhat original, Uncharted 3 is almost a repeat of Uncharted 2s plot, just with desert instead of snow. Uncharted 3 is also about 2 hours shorter. UC3 also had issues with controls in SP, which were patched about 3 months later.

Not a bad game at all though. Just not as good as UC2, with that said the MP in UC3 is a lot better.
GuyThatPlaysGames  +   633d ago
I agree. But then again, they are just gonna run this series into the ground. I guess that's the new way of game development.
showtimefolks  +   634d ago
i know many will hate me for saying this but give me a 15-20hrs single player story with online co-op as is and that would be better for Uncharted series.

but since its ND they pay as much attention to both speacts story and online so any game they make is a day one for me.

when rockstar games or Nd announce something its a day one buy for sure for me
Enemy  +   634d ago
I'd rather see Jak and Daxter.

As for the 2 and 3 comparisons, I'll say each has its own strengths and weaknesses. For example, 3 had a better main villain.
#1.3 (Edited 634d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
majiebeast  +   634d ago
Multplayer portion of uncharted 3 is going free to play i bet.
Welshy  +   634d ago
(Edit: There were more disagrees than agrees at the time of posting =P)

I don't know why you're getting disagree'd here.

Killzone 3 done it and there are ALOT of little micro-transactions available for UC3 on the store with costumes, guns, perks etc.

If the trend of 1st party multiplayers going F2P continues and the micro-transactions are anything to go by, i'd say it's a pretty reasonable suggestion.

This would keep the Naughty Dog name "out there" and fresh in peoples minds for some Last Of Us news coming soon too? Like Ezz2013 said above, a Joel skin being put in for free is a good bit of free advertising too =P
#2.1 (Edited 634d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
Ducky  +   634d ago
KZ3 just has a multiplayer demo/trial. It isn't really F2P.

I've been expecting UC3 for quite some time now, seeing as how ND seems to be copying the same steps as TF2.
Irishguy95  +   634d ago
The way Sony worded it sounded as if Killzone multi was going F2P. The Press ate it up and spewed out something that wasn't true and was never even said, for some odd reason, Sony representives said "F2P trial". It was simply a trial/demo. It's free? Sure it is, trails and Demos are free aren't they? However "F2P" has a certain meaning in this day and age. They should have known better than to use that phrase or they should have at least come out and corrected the mistake, the shoudl have eitehr said "Trial" or "demo" and never F2P. The fact that KZ3 multi is not actually F2P has Not once gotten an article or apology from websites saying they were wrong. A bit disgraceful imo as some people still think it's F2P.

Also agree with everyone below. UN2 Multi pwns UN3. I loved number 2's multi since the Beta all that time ago.(feels old)
#2.1.2 (Edited 634d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report
Walker  +   634d ago
MEH ... Uncharted 2`s Multiplayer was much beter than U3, IMO .
Root  +   634d ago
So true :)

Uncharted 2 was about skill

Uncharted 3 is about gimmicks like whats in all multiplayer games these days which try to do what COD has done...killstreaks/kickbacks, upgradable perks/boosters, weapon mods, loadouts.

It has a classic mode now but still, it should of been in the game from the start, we asked for it,. they give us Hardcore mode which was nothing like U2.

I like ND but sometimes they don't listen, they change the stuff which dosen't need to be fixed and leave the stuff which does need to be fixed/changed.
Welshy  +   634d ago
As much as i enjoyed UC3, the online aspect of UC2 grabbed me alot more too. Me and my buddy put hundreds of hours into that mode.

UC3 was alright online, but felt too "Gears Of War" for me, and all the COD-esque little perks, power ups and weapon load-outs kind of take that experience away for me =/
Jaces  +   634d ago
Agreed 100%, but I did enjoy the maps in 3 a lot more. Man that desert city with the sandstorm, sheer awesomeness; we need more MP maps like that where the environment is ever changing.
isarai  +   634d ago
Not to mention they completely fucked up Co-op modes, my main gripe being that there is no headshots in co-op arena
RELIGHT  +   634d ago
Agreed. I felt like UC2 MP required skill and the good players always won whereas in UC3 MP it seems like any noob can get lucky and win. UC3 MP has some of the most frustrating moments in any MP I've ever experienced.
tack129  +   634d ago
I am an avid lover of the Uncharted multiplayer. While I did not play the UC2 while it was in beta phase I bought and played it a day after Christmas when it was at patch 1.02. I loved it and I kept playing it a lot. I made a lot of friends from that game too. The co-op, the MP, the graphics. I freaking loved it.

When patch 1.05 hit for UC2 however. It forever completely ruined the MP for me. They made some very stupid mistakes with that patch that has made people leave. Luckily it didn't hurt the co-op part of the MP but a lot of Uncharted Veterans were very angry.

If UC2 didn't make such a drastic change, I probably might still be playing it. UC3 has classic mode now, I'm sticking to that if I want to play UC2. Yeah it should have been in there from the start. Not hardcore mode.
#3.6 (Edited 634d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ChronoJoe  +   633d ago
Uncharted 2 was fine prior to the patch that reduced health / increased damage. After that they pretty much killed the game, half the community just up and left.

Uncharted 3 has higher health / lower damage so it's better in that regard, but the kickbacks and such are obviously an annoyance. I don't mind the ones that give power weapons because they're attainable in the match anyway, but quickboom is a free kill and pretty much unavoidable, it's unfair.
Jacobster  +   634d ago
Oh great they are excited about extracting more money out of us by bringing out a pink baseball cap for Sully? Please this director of UC3 needs to work for Activision.
Welshy  +   634d ago
I like the part where you jump the gun on the yet unannounced "exciting news" and go ahead berate ND for something they haven't done or as much a said.
shammgod  +   634d ago
I liked the part where his comment ended and I no longer had to read any more of his garbage
Jacobster  +   634d ago
I berate it for very good reason having loved UC2 to death then being let down with quite a few things on UC3. Reason 1, I bought the season pass and the definition of map-pack meaning plural as you would expect was forgotten in one of the offerings. Reason 2, UC3 is very heavily based on micro-transactions and its laughable that the lead director apologised for this in a joking way! Reason 3, UC3 continued DLC almost straight away after the season pass ended and if you total the amount of items it actually totals up to more than the actual RRP. Should I go on?

Don't get me wrong I think ND is fantastic and I am looking forward to the Last of Us, I just think the people in charge in UC3 multiplayer do not represent what ND stands and that really annoys me!
Welshy  +   634d ago
Once again @Jacobster, you're missing the point.

They are talking about "exciting news" in the new year, and you go on a tangent about the micro-transactions.

You're off topic at best and trolling ND at the worst.

This article has 0% to do with current UC3 multiplayer, this is about future news.
Jacobster  +   634d ago
First of all I am not trolling which seems to be the reply to any objective or any critical analysis.

I quote: "At the front Uncharted 3, we recently announced the contents of Christmas and we still have more content for the new year. Additionally, we have really exciting about the multiplayer for early next year. "

I wouldn't actually call this link an article more of a quotation from ND.

So my abstraction is justified from the above paragraph
vlonjati77  +   633d ago
Jacobster - many like you complain about developers milking us(not me).I guess you are the cow.Personally I am a single player guy,I play online only gt5 and starting from tomorrow I will try PSASBR.Anyone can spend their money the way they want.I never spend my money on avatars skins and crap like that(i can afford to buy anything I want),it doesnt make sense TO ME.But everyone like to buy what they want,i dont mind.please dont compare UC with COD.
Jacobster  +   633d ago
First of all there is no need to use an Ad hominem as this is just pointless and makes your claim even weaker. How I see it, yes I was complaining because I paid significant money into the game (being UC3) and as a buying customer I need to see the benefit of the product purchase together with the add-ons (basic marketing principles).

Yes that's fine you just play single-player that is your own choice and I tend to complete all single-players as this for me is the added benefit I was talking about.

Again anyone can buy anything you are right, but I am simply comparing the basic model of how a company makes money, like I could say Android and ITunes share the same model of providing apps to make MONEY. All software companies are there to make money and it is naive to turn an eye to that. So it is fair for me to say ND use a similar pricing model to COD. They're not the same game and I would NEVER claim that.
blackblades  +   634d ago
They been supporting this for long time, to bad other can't do want they do.
Jacobster  +   634d ago
Mass effect 3?
TronEOL  +   634d ago
And all Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer DLC (Maps, characters, powers, weapons, map hazards, enemies, etc) was free. So... yeah. More developers should do what they do.
#5.1.1 (Edited 634d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report
Rockefellow  +   634d ago
...did you have a stroke or something?
TheRealHeisenberg  +   634d ago
That is just fine but I would prefer some single player DLC like Infamous: Festival of Blood.
aquamala  +   634d ago
yep I would pay for any single player DLC, I could care less about the multiplayer.
Picnic  +   634d ago
I'm no criticiser of Americanisms in general but if you could care less about the multiplayer then you actually care something about it.

If you 'couldn't' care less about the multiplayer then you wouldn't care about it.
Could not = no possibility of it.
Hicken  +   634d ago
As a saying, both mean the exact same thing.

"I couldn't care less" is more literal. You're saying exactly what you mean: you could not care less about whatever the subject is.

"I could care less" is more leading the reader/listener on. Sure, you COULD care less... but you don't.

In the end, in either case, you are at the bottom-most level for caring.
omi25p  +   634d ago
Already sold it. Multiplayer was awful, co-op was awful and story had more plot holes than star wars
r21  +   634d ago
Thats your opinion, mine is that it had a great story, co-op was pretty good and multiplayer was heart pumpingly fun :)
omi25p  +   634d ago
no the story was not great from a writing stand point, Nothing made sense, it was written like to different story's that had been stuck together in the middle.

The co-op and multiplayer were literally copy and pasted from uncharted 2 and both lacked any of the game play enhancements that the single player had.
Belking  +   634d ago
I enjoyed the second one much more.
Cam977  +   634d ago
I'm excited but my new sky modem restricts me from U3 MP.
#8 (Edited 634d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
isyourhouseonfire  +   634d ago
This is greats news for Uncharted 3. But more importantly, when is Black Ops 2 map packs going to become available? The multiplayer is awesome but we need more maps!
Danja  +   634d ago
They need to give us a free Map pack that's what they should announce instead of adding more ways to get money out of us & fix the lag which is terrible.
THC CELL  +   634d ago
Add the intros back in
Unlimax  +   634d ago
All The Multiplayer DLC's for FREE !
th3n00bg4m3r  +   633d ago
I bought The Game Of The Year Edition, so, i don't care.
Y_5150  +   634d ago
I want to play as Cole McGrath again!
Gigglefist  +   634d ago
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it's going F2P
A few years back, I'd call that ridiculous, but right now, I really wouldn't be surprised
spunkee311  +   633d ago
Personally I don't think Uncharted 3's story or gameplay was anything to complain about at all. I thought it was an amazing game. The second was probably the high point but I really enjoyed the third game better overall. With that being said, I liked the simplicity of the multiplayer from the 2nd game better. 3rd game's multiplayer is all over the place. I still enjoy it. But overall I liked the 2nd games better.

I just don't understand how anyone can hate or mark down the third game. To point where they are saying it's terrible.
freezola75  +   633d ago
I truly love the UNCH series.. I do. However (and I know I'll get some disagrees.. oh well have at thee), I just got burnt out from playing it. I made it thru some of the earlier single player chapters and suffered what is commonly known to some as gamer's fatigue... why did I lose interest?

Nothing against it at all honestly, I just got a little tired of playing it. Multiplayer has always been incredible but it seems like my friends have moved on to other multiplayer games..

Now when I got my hands on UNCH: GA for the Vita, I felt a little more reinvigorated and now I am gonna go back and at least finish UNCH 3.

It's begging for me to complete it. I completed 1 & 2 respectfully. But I lost the will to complete 3. Now I will do so

Understand, I am not trashing the game or saying it wasn't worth my time. But I'm quite sure some of my fellow gamers went thru some of these same feelings with other games as well..

It will be interesting to see what ND adds to an already robust multiplayer. Peace
#16 (Edited 633d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DFresh  +   633d ago
Before Naughty Dog adds anything more they need to make some necessary fixes.

ex.)

-Buff up the guns again.
(UC3 guns were fine up until patch 1.05 came out now it feels like it takes more bullets then usual to kill a target even though I'm dead on the target. This is also part of the reason more people blind fire then usual.)

-Head pieces was a stupid idea.
(Just another over powered thing.)

-Guns shouldn't have attachments.
ex.) Rapid Fire, Accuracy, Blind Fire Accuracy, etc. = Those should be boosters not part of your gun. Makes it way over powered.

-KAL 7 has yet to be fixed since the game came out.

-Naughty Dog needs to get rid of the wobbling camera angle when you aim your gun.
(I'd like it to aim like Uncharted 2. Thanks.)

-Kick Backs
(This isn't Call of Duty Naughty Dog. Quit taking out the originality you had out of UC2 MP.)

-Bring back the (2) grenade set up.

etc.

All of those reasons is why I went back to playing Uncharted 2.
(Uncharted 3 = Unbalanced garbage.)

Before you say shit I have 1.90 K/D & 2.0 W/L in Uncharted 3.
(Legacy 4)

Man I hope Uncharted 4 plays like Uncharted 2.
#17 (Edited 633d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
th3n00bg4m3r  +   626d ago
I want a single-player DLC that is sett in Columbia where you play as Sully on his young ages.
When is it coming?

The PES 2015 demo launches in Europe this week, Konami has confirmed

10m ago - Eurogamer: "The PES 2015 demo launches in Europe this week, Konami has confirmed. It goes liv... | PC

Dying Light preorder bonus includes Be The Zombie mode

10m ago - The PC preorder bonus for Techland’s Dying Light includes the self-explanatory Be The Zombie mult... | PC

Dragon Ball Xenoverse Receives New Online Beta Gameplay Video

11m ago - A new gameplay video is now available for Dragon Ball Xenoverse, showcasing a single match. | PC

A Game You Might Just Hate To Love

18m ago - Sebastian Young discusses his impressions of mega title Destiny for Zero1Gaming. | PS4

Destiny The Game

Now - Explore Mars, Rediscover Venus, Reclaim the moon, Protect Earth. Become Legend. The wait is over! Destiny is now available to play, Pick up your... | Promoted post

TGS 2014: They come for the games; they stay for the babes.

18m ago - Sebastian Young reports on the Tokyo Game Show for Zero1Gaming after spending two days at the Mak... | Industry