Submitted by Smurf1 989d ago | video

Soul Sacrifice Vita 13 minute Japanese demo footage and in-game screenshots

GC: Soul Sacrifice demo is out in Japan, and we have scrumptious footage for you from the game which you can check out below. (PS Vita, Soul Sacrifice)

Attached Video
Zodiac  +   989d ago
A shout out to Capcom for giving this game a chance by delaying Monster Hunter 4.

@smurf1. It works out well for both. Capcom said that they are going to fine tune Monster Hunter even further until the Summer, and now this game will get recognition.
#1 (Edited 989d ago ) | Agree(22) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Smurf1  +   989d ago
Yeah I am thinking they did that on purpose lol!
bicfitness  +   989d ago
I don't think that was on purpose, they had to cut their forecast by 30% as a result. They delayed it for "performance" reasons. Its because MH 4 was looking rough - only so much juice you can squeeze out of 3DS hardware.

Now its up to Sony to market the Hell out of this. If they can show there's enough interest, we can expect a Vita MH down the line.

Personally, I don't care for MH, but I prefer many of the clones: God Eater (really liked that), RO, and this looks good too.
Qrphe  +   989d ago
I never got into God Eater to be honest but Ragnarok Odyssey does seem like a great Phantasy Star Online clone that I am yet to try out. I'll definitely get Soul Sacrifice however day one.
WiiUsauce  +   988d ago
the 3DS is actually a quite capable piece of hardware. Capcom have said they had Resident Evil 5 up and running on the 3DS.
bicfitness  +   988d ago
@WiiU

The 3DS is barely as powerful as a 2006 cellphone. That's a fact. Plus its outputting an image twice to render that faux 3D effect as well as outputting to a second screen.

Two 266 MHz ARM processors, 133 MHZ GPU, 128 MB of RAM (30 or so is reserved for the OS). An iPhone 3 runs circles around the device. Nintendo hasn't made "capable" hardware since the Gamecube, and frankly I'm getting tired of their platforms hobbling games for other systems.

So is the development community. Do note how Square Enix are MAKING FF V "and more" for iOS now. I hate iOS as a platform, but they simply have no choice. Its no wonder Capcom is struggling, the thing is debatably as good as a PS2.
NukaCola  +   989d ago
This is one of the greatest things I have ever seen! I can't wait. I love the Monster Hunter meets CastleVania epicness of this title. I love being a Vita owner. From Uncahrted to LBP to Assassin's Creed to this... The Vita is incredible.
Punch-o  +   989d ago
Man this is looking great most anticipated Vita title for me by far.
KangarooSam   989d ago | Off topic | show
Godchild1020  +   989d ago
I downloaded the demo and played about 10 or so minutes of it and I'm sold. The gameplay is there and the controls are easy to use and not that hard to adjust too. I wish I knew Japanese, so I could understand what was being said or told to the protagonist.

The variety of customization in the game is great too. From the face, skin tone, hair, the outfit (which I find pleasing), gender, you can change the color of the outfit and remove the hood or whatever that covers the face.

The opening of the demo really gets you and I can wait for a western release. Sorry, if I mentioned anything in the demo. I didn't view it until after making this comment.
jon1234  +   989d ago
i want this game inside of me!!
Sanquine90  +   989d ago
Disturbing ..however i know what you mean. I would sacrafice a lot of money :)
boybato  +   989d ago
looks good. Hope this turns out as Vita's sleeper hit... even in the land if the rising sun at least.
kwiksilver99  +   989d ago
when is this releasing elsewhere apart from japan?
looks great btw.
#8 (Edited 989d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Hanso  +   989d ago
sometime 2013
kwiksilver99  +   989d ago
thanks ,hanso.
i do have another question but its regarding the vita and psn.i have psn plus on an alt account(not my main account) and was wondering whether i'd have to tether my vita to the plus account to play the vita games that are part of the instant game collection or is there some way for me to play them on my main account like i normally do on my ps3 after using my alt account to download them first?
some insight into this matter will be much appreciated
SAE  +   989d ago
forget what i said..

just use one account to buy and play to make it simple..

add all your friends to your ps plus account , thats the only way to play without headache lol

its hard to explain it because too many things to say and sony never told us how it works..

thats one of the reasons i hate sony for limiting the vita..
#9.1 (Edited 989d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
kwiksilver99  +   989d ago
thanks for the reply ideath489.
a bubble up for hanso and u :-).
guess i'll just have to repurchase psn plus for my main account.
ChronoJoe  +   989d ago
Does this game have a hub world? I've been searching for it in the videos but don't seem to see one. I doubt I'll enjoy it if you just use the book to navigate stages.
sandman224  +   989d ago
Looks good
Ryo-Hazuki  +   989d ago
Day 1
DivineAssault  +   989d ago
This is a brand new IP and its looking fantastic.. Hopefully it sells well & a sequel can be created with bigger budgets & added content to create a great new franchise for vita.. I dont even want to watch anymore videos about this game cuz i want it to all be fresh & new when i get it
#13 (Edited 989d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
leahcim  +   989d ago
A MA Z I NG!
deadfrag  +   989d ago
Frankly i was hoping for better in terms of visuals,the world seems empty and very low texture work.Well its not this game thats going to get me to buy a Vita!So much power under the hood and only this kind of presentation,i expect more!There are better games on the PSP!
#15 (Edited 989d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
UltraVegito  +   989d ago
This sounds simply amazing~downloading now >:3
spok22  +   989d ago
Huge fan of mh and wasnt sure about this game before. Count me very impressed after this video though.. Love the darker tone. Hopefully this gets localized and when it does they don't remove all of the blood effects like in mh. But looks like this will hold me over until capcom pulls their head out of their asses and releases mh for vita.
#17 (Edited 989d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
BlueBomberX1  +   989d ago
holy shit that demo was awesome, can't wait to play it on my vita. I think it's gonna blow monster hunter out of the water for the 3ds. I never liked monster hunter to begin with. Like someone mentioned earlier I like the clones like Gods Eater and Ragnarok Odyssey. Can't wait for march. I hope they give us a demo here in the states and I hope that red bundle vita comes to the states too. This is so exciting...lol
danny818  +   988d ago
This game is the reason we are not gonna see a mh on vita... Smh

Last chance to take advantage of the Hatsune Miku 3DS and Tearaway Unfolded preorder bonuses

15m ago - Gamers have one last chance over the next several days to take advantage of Amazon's preorder bon... | PS4

More details and photos for the Turtle Beach Star Wars X-Wing Pilot Gaming Headset

17m ago - More details and photos have been listed regarding the upcoming Turtle Beach Star Wars X-Wing Pil... | PC

Top 5 Games To Play in September

Now - August was a great month with many good games. Let's see if this month's game releases can deliver the same amount of excitement... | Promoted post

Clarification over the missing Metal Gear Online 3 content from The Phantom Pain Collector's Edition

18m ago - A Konami's customer support representative has clarified the situation regarding the voucher incl... | PS4

Release date listed for the PS4 and PS3 fighting game, Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

20m ago - The release date has been listed for the upcoming PS4 and PS3 fighting game, Nitroplus Blasterz:... | PS3

Haha, you can Fulton a bunch of dudes at once

45m ago - While chucking a bunch of knocked-out soldiers into the back of a truck and then air lifting the... | PC