Submitted by Smurf1 486d ago | video

Soul Sacrifice Vita 13 minute Japanese demo footage and in-game screenshots

GC: Soul Sacrifice demo is out in Japan, and we have scrumptious footage for you from the game which you can check out below. (PS Vita, Soul Sacrifice)

Attached Video
Zodiac  +   486d ago
A shout out to Capcom for giving this game a chance by delaying Monster Hunter 4.

@smurf1. It works out well for both. Capcom said that they are going to fine tune Monster Hunter even further until the Summer, and now this game will get recognition.
#1 (Edited 486d ago ) | Agree(22) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Smurf1  +   486d ago
Yeah I am thinking they did that on purpose lol!
bicfitness  +   486d ago
I don't think that was on purpose, they had to cut their forecast by 30% as a result. They delayed it for "performance" reasons. Its because MH 4 was looking rough - only so much juice you can squeeze out of 3DS hardware.

Now its up to Sony to market the Hell out of this. If they can show there's enough interest, we can expect a Vita MH down the line.

Personally, I don't care for MH, but I prefer many of the clones: God Eater (really liked that), RO, and this looks good too.
Qrphe  +   486d ago
I never got into God Eater to be honest but Ragnarok Odyssey does seem like a great Phantasy Star Online clone that I am yet to try out. I'll definitely get Soul Sacrifice however day one.
WiiUsauce  +   485d ago
the 3DS is actually a quite capable piece of hardware. Capcom have said they had Resident Evil 5 up and running on the 3DS.
bicfitness  +   485d ago
@WiiU

The 3DS is barely as powerful as a 2006 cellphone. That's a fact. Plus its outputting an image twice to render that faux 3D effect as well as outputting to a second screen.

Two 266 MHz ARM processors, 133 MHZ GPU, 128 MB of RAM (30 or so is reserved for the OS). An iPhone 3 runs circles around the device. Nintendo hasn't made "capable" hardware since the Gamecube, and frankly I'm getting tired of their platforms hobbling games for other systems.

So is the development community. Do note how Square Enix are MAKING FF V "and more" for iOS now. I hate iOS as a platform, but they simply have no choice. Its no wonder Capcom is struggling, the thing is debatably as good as a PS2.
NukaCola  +   486d ago
This is one of the greatest things I have ever seen! I can't wait. I love the Monster Hunter meets CastleVania epicness of this title. I love being a Vita owner. From Uncahrted to LBP to Assassin's Creed to this... The Vita is incredible.
Punch-o  +   486d ago
Man this is looking great most anticipated Vita title for me by far.
KangarooSam   486d ago | Off topic | show
Godchild1020  +   486d ago
I downloaded the demo and played about 10 or so minutes of it and I'm sold. The gameplay is there and the controls are easy to use and not that hard to adjust too. I wish I knew Japanese, so I could understand what was being said or told to the protagonist.

The variety of customization in the game is great too. From the face, skin tone, hair, the outfit (which I find pleasing), gender, you can change the color of the outfit and remove the hood or whatever that covers the face.

The opening of the demo really gets you and I can wait for a western release. Sorry, if I mentioned anything in the demo. I didn't view it until after making this comment.
jon1234  +   486d ago
i want this game inside of me!!
Sanquine90  +   485d ago
Disturbing ..however i know what you mean. I would sacrafice a lot of money :)
boybato  +   486d ago
looks good. Hope this turns out as Vita's sleeper hit... even in the land if the rising sun at least.
kwiksilver99  +   486d ago
when is this releasing elsewhere apart from japan?
looks great btw.
#8 (Edited 486d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Hanso  +   486d ago
sometime 2013
kwiksilver99  +   486d ago
thanks ,hanso.
i do have another question but its regarding the vita and psn.i have psn plus on an alt account(not my main account) and was wondering whether i'd have to tether my vita to the plus account to play the vita games that are part of the instant game collection or is there some way for me to play them on my main account like i normally do on my ps3 after using my alt account to download them first?
some insight into this matter will be much appreciated
SAE  +   486d ago
forget what i said..

just use one account to buy and play to make it simple..

add all your friends to your ps plus account , thats the only way to play without headache lol

its hard to explain it because too many things to say and sony never told us how it works..

thats one of the reasons i hate sony for limiting the vita..
#9.1 (Edited 486d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
kwiksilver99  +   486d ago
thanks for the reply ideath489.
a bubble up for hanso and u :-).
guess i'll just have to repurchase psn plus for my main account.
ChronoJoe  +   486d ago
Does this game have a hub world? I've been searching for it in the videos but don't seem to see one. I doubt I'll enjoy it if you just use the book to navigate stages.
sandman224  +   486d ago
Looks good
Ryo-Hazuki  +   486d ago
Day 1
DivineAssault  +   485d ago
This is a brand new IP and its looking fantastic.. Hopefully it sells well & a sequel can be created with bigger budgets & added content to create a great new franchise for vita.. I dont even want to watch anymore videos about this game cuz i want it to all be fresh & new when i get it
#13 (Edited 485d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
leahcim  +   485d ago
A MA Z I NG!
deadfrag  +   485d ago
Frankly i was hoping for better in terms of visuals,the world seems empty and very low texture work.Well its not this game thats going to get me to buy a Vita!So much power under the hood and only this kind of presentation,i expect more!There are better games on the PSP!
#15 (Edited 485d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
UltraVegito  +   485d ago
This sounds simply amazing~downloading now >:3
spok22  +   485d ago
Huge fan of mh and wasnt sure about this game before. Count me very impressed after this video though.. Love the darker tone. Hopefully this gets localized and when it does they don't remove all of the blood effects like in mh. But looks like this will hold me over until capcom pulls their head out of their asses and releases mh for vita.
#17 (Edited 485d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
BlueBomberX1  +   485d ago
holy shit that demo was awesome, can't wait to play it on my vita. I think it's gonna blow monster hunter out of the water for the 3ds. I never liked monster hunter to begin with. Like someone mentioned earlier I like the clones like Gods Eater and Ragnarok Odyssey. Can't wait for march. I hope they give us a demo here in the states and I hope that red bundle vita comes to the states too. This is so exciting...lol
danny818  +   485d ago
This game is the reason we are not gonna see a mh on vita... Smh

Amazon Sunday Specials: Titanfall On Sale For X1, New PS4 Specials

13m ago - Some specials on Amazon for Sunday. Killzone is $37.99 for PS4, Titanfall is on sale for Xbox One... | PC

Target Ad 4/27 - 5/3

23m ago - Take a look at the latest Target weekly ad. | Xbox 360

Top 5 News Stories of the Week

23m ago - gamrReview's Zach Frimpong: "It can become difficult to digest all the juicy tidbits of informati... | PC

48 Hour Gameathon For Special Effect Charity

1h ago - One of our contributors is hosting a 48 hour Gameathon in aide of the charity Special Effect and... | PC

Enter to Win a PS4 and More!

Now - We are buying one lucky N4Ger a PS4 just for commenting on any N4G story! | Promoted post

Zero1gaming App Review - Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff

1h ago - For those who love The Simpsons: Tapped Out, TinyCo bring us their challenger Family Guy: The Que... | iPhone