Submitted by -Mezzo- 759d ago | article

Are You Going To Buy A Wii U?

Game Informer - The Wii U comes out on November 18. That day is Sunday. The Sunday that's two days from the day that is today. This day being Friday, November 16. Are you going to get in line and buy one? Or two? (Wii U)

« 1 2 »
NYC_Gamer  +   759d ago
I don't plan on buying Wii-U right now.I'll most likely pick up one when some games that catch my attention gets announced/launch...
#1 (Edited 759d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
decrypt  +   759d ago
Ill wait for Dolphin Emulator Wii U version :P

No point paying 300usd for half a decade old hardware lol.

edit: Its cool ill play Nintendo games in 1600p let the casuals have the 720p.

@below

Hell yea, played all the Wii games in 1080p no problemo.

With the leaked Wii U specs specially the Memory bandwidth, it seems Wii U will be rather weak for a next gen console. I think paying 300usd for such hardware is a rip off.
#1.1 (Edited 759d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(16) | Report | Reply
NYC_Gamer  +   759d ago
That's even better for me since already got a rig
Army_of_Darkness  +   759d ago
My prediction..
This wiiu will go the way of gamecube(Left in the dust once PS4/xbox720 hits). Nintendo fanboys can twist it all they want but truth of the matter is, is that they just bought a pricier current Gen console that really has nothing to show for.
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   759d ago
@decrypt

You sicken me. People like you are the reason why I'm glad that a good amount of multiplatform devs treat your platform as 2nd rate garbage.

Please do not try to justify your reasoning for stealing Ninty games. If you don't think the Wii U is worth the $300 price then fine don't buy it, but please do not use that as your green light to steal games.
#1.1.3 (Edited 759d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(3) | Report
willie32  +   759d ago
I agree with your post. Why pay $300 for this gen specs? I got burned hard with the Wii (PS2/Xbox specs) and turned out to be the biggest dust collector. Today finally marks the day Nintendo got into the HD generation market. Welcome to the party!
bigfish  +   759d ago
if you're going to buy it later, then just buy it now, whats the difference.
Bimkoblerutso  +   759d ago
An established library of games? Price drops? Remodels?

There are a TON of reasons not to buy at launch.
chrisarsenalsavart  +   759d ago
When ps4 comes out nintendo wil have no other choice than cuting the price so that is why there is no point for me to buy something at 300 just for playing metroid and zelda.
But i understand and respect nintendo,s fans who won,t be able to sleep before sunday.
killerhog  +   759d ago
Nope, seems the wii-u was overhyped by Nintendo and its games are lackluster. Doesn't seem necessary to upgrade, when I can get the same and more from my current consoles. And I could say, "maybe down the line" like other people, but the truth is, once the next Xbox and playstation comes out, the wii-u will be forgotten.
#1.3 (Edited 759d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Jinkies  +   759d ago
I'm going to wait untill E3 next year...see what happens with Sony/MS and by then theres bound to be more games out to choose from....maybe a few new bundles.
fermcr  +   759d ago
Wait to see what Microsoft and Sony have in store for their next console, then decide which console to pick... WiiU, X720 or PS4 ?

Next gen is going to be PC and one of the consoles (more then one is too expensive and don't have the time for more then one console).
#1.5 (Edited 759d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
djslimzz  +   758d ago
how did Zombie U not get your attention?
Donnieboi  +   758d ago
Yeah, the money spent on a wii u in 2013 (since their sold out now) could go towards games for my ps3. Think about it:

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
Grand Theft Auto V
Saints Row 4 (yes thq said its coming out)
Battlefield 4 (maybe wii u might get this too)
The Last of Us
Etc

Would guarantee that for the price of a wii u, I could get all these amazing games instead. The Wii U wont be getting these games (at least not in 2013). So i'll wait till 2014 to see what they got going. However, PS4 and 720 may just catch my eye instead by then...
#1.7 (Edited 758d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Redgehammer  +   758d ago
I will not be buying a WiiU now, nor in the future.
iamnsuperman  +   759d ago
Not at the moment. I may do in the future if Nintendo start releasing game I like and start broadening their horizons with their games. I am not sold on the touch screen tablet. I see third parties making it into a gimmick and it will be up to Nintendo to really strive with it
NBT91  +   759d ago
Agree, like any new console, I see the potential but nothing that taps into the potential yet.

If I really had the money to burn, sure, but there are other games for now on current systems.
kingxtreme81  +   759d ago
I'll be at my local GameStop in 2 hours and 32 minutes to pick up my Deluxe pre-order.

Cannot wait!
OneAboveAll  +   759d ago
Nope. Might when it drops drastically in price. I see nothing that warrent's it's current price and I don't like the new controller. And the pro-controller is $70.... no thanks. Not spending $70 on a piece of plastic.

Saving my pennies for the next Xbox or PS.
TXIDarkAvenger  +   759d ago
I'm on the fence about it. Well really I just need the money for it, I'm pretty pleased with the Wii U line-up of games for the future.
MonopolyRSV  +   759d ago
Mario Kart and Pokemon will be the only saving grace.
tubers  +   759d ago
or probably another metroid game?
MonopolyRSV  +   759d ago
Nah I'm good on that.
dragonrage00  +   759d ago
(A good) Pokemon? On a home console? Dont bet on it.
TXIDarkAvenger  +   759d ago
Super Smash Bros? That's 1 game that sold me.
ylwzx3  +   759d ago
Yep, already did and love it. I think it looks pretty amazing and the features are nice. Already are taking advantage of being able to play while the TV is occupied too. I think it will hold its own just fine.
#7 (Edited 759d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Reaper9937  +   759d ago
Unfortunately not, nothing in the launch line up that interests me. The day Monster Hunter Ultimate is released is the day I buy one.
Yangus  +   759d ago
Yet not.
I wait new next-gen console 2013.(720/ps4?).
Instigator  +   759d ago
At some point, but I haven't preordered and doubt I'll find one in stores the first few months. There's no rush either way, because I have a lot of games to play at the moment and the Wii U isn't going anywhere.
#10 (Edited 759d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
KMCROC  +   759d ago
NO, but thanks for asking.
Dogswithguns  +   759d ago
Maybe later.. like next year.
jc48573  +   759d ago
it's not just games. You need give Nintendo some time to clean up some bugs. I will say it's more safe to buy it next year when they have latest firmwares up and running.
Gamer25  +   759d ago
I'm not getting one yet as there is just too many games coming out for the ps3/360 in the next 4-5 months.

I'm going to wait till there is a sale on it or Nintendo drop's the price a bit.

But also there is not many games i want to get for it yet.

I'm not into Mario or any games like that and any Multi-plats I'm going to get on my PS3/360 so I'll wait at least till the Wii-u gets a bigger game library and a cheaper price.
#14 (Edited 759d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
MasterCornholio  +   759d ago
Im waiting to see how the next XBOX or PS will be like before deciding on buying the Wii U.
tubers  +   759d ago
After Versus 13 :)

Unless Wii gets parasite eve 3 :P
WeskerChildReborned  +   759d ago
I'm buying a Wii U, just don't got the money yet.
millzy102  +   759d ago
yes I am preordered and waiting till 30th when release in England and going to enjoy it along with my ps3 and ps4 when it comes out.
#18 (Edited 759d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SKUD  +   759d ago
Its current line of games don't interest me. Maybe later if more interesting titles come out.
Ilovetheps4  +   759d ago
I bought my Wii U already. I'm enjoying it a lot. It's fantastic.
etowntwo  +   759d ago
What game are you enjoying?
Braid  +   759d ago
The ones that you've already enjoyed, plus a mediocre title called Zombi U. And Nintendoland, probably?

Anyways, I'm sorry but I'm not going to buy a Nintendo product again. Buying a Wii this gen was probably the worst thing I've done in my gaming life. I only enjoyed Silent Hill Shattered Memories, kinda bought it for this game. Red Steel was bad, second was better but still bad. Mad World was mediocre, didn't enjoy it greatly but meh. Other than those titles, I didn't play any game and sold my Wii at loss.

"What was I thinking?" was the only question that Wii left me with. Their products and games, just don't do it for me. No offense to Nintendo fans.
Ilovetheps4  +   759d ago
Sorry Braid, but I'm playing New Super Mario Bros U right now. Nice try though. I thought the same about ZombiU, so I didn't buy it. Sorry to tell you, but everyone that bought the Wii U isn't a blind zombie. I like to check games out for myself. I also have Scribblenauts, but haven't played much of it.

Nice try though.
MadMen  +   759d ago
Lame,No
ipe  +   759d ago
maybe, next year when bayonetta comes out
hennessey86  +   759d ago
I bought
A PS3 for GT5 and I bought a 360 for halo and forza. There is nothing in the Wii U that entices me at the moment but if they announce some great new exclusives I will probably buy one.
monkey602  +   759d ago
I had one ordered and half paid for but I cancelled for my money back. I started to feel relieved of the decision. Too many good games coming in a short time frame for the consoles i already own that i wont have the time for as it is. The WiiU is just going to have to prove itself to me after the bad after taste the wii left me with
strigoi814  +   759d ago
i went to downtown today to see and i saw lots of wii u deluxe and basic still on shelves in gamestop..i wonder why?? Maybe this needs more advertising
taquito  +   759d ago
hmmm...i was all about it a a few days ago, seems the more i hear, the more underwhelming it is

i may just play all the games on pc like i did with the wii, been playing mario in hd 1080p with better AA and better resolutions than ps3/360 games for a long time

looks like i'll just do the same with wii u

buy the games, play them on my pc!
#26 (Edited 759d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
dragonrage00  +   759d ago
Certanly not until I see what nintendo has in store for the next zelda. That and Bayonetta 2. Funny how some people are already judging the console by its launch lineup
dee-ecks  +   759d ago
Nope
dkgshiz  +   759d ago
Not for at least two years or more. I need lots of games to justify a purchase. Plus buying consoles on launch always seems like a bad decision.
strigoi814  +   759d ago
Im only interested on two games right now on this console. Mario and rayman so i dont think this two games would convince me that much to purchase this console..so maybe ill pass for now and wait for a good bundle or price drop
« 1 2 »

The 10 Best Sports Videogames of 2014

44m ago - Paste Magazine looks at the best sports videogames of the year. | PC

Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN Review (GameCrate)

45m ago - Aksys Games' latest Guilty Gear is one of the best fighting games of the year. | PS3

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions - Xbox One Review | Chalgyr's Game Room

1h ago - Chalgyr's Game Room writes: Twin stick shooters have been around forever, so coming up with ne... | Xbox One

How Destiny's DLC divided two friends

1h ago - Destiny’s first expansion: The Dark Below had led to writer Monish Khemani barely playing the gam... | PS4

Are you bored?

Now - Watch 10 seconds videos about games and game culture at COUB Gaming... | Promoted post

Quantum Rush: Champions Gets Trading Cards & Achievements

1h ago - Quantum Rush: Champions was released on Steam two weeks ago, it now has a new update which adds S... | PC