Submitted by Hellsvacancy 892d ago | news

Xbox 360 and PS3 ‘limited’ says Hitman Absolution director

TrustedReviews: With the November 20th Hitman Absolution UK release date now just days away, Roberto Marchesi, Art Director on the upcoming title, has said the game was ‘limited’ by current generation consoles. (Hitman: Absolution, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Hellsvacancy  +   892d ago
Devs say things like that, but other devs say things like this http://n4g.com/news/1117684...

Edit: I LOVE the previous Hitman games, ive got a feeling though that this new Hitman isnt going to be the next gen Hitman id hoped for, reading about these "limitations" hasnt exactly helped swayed me from that thought

Hopefully im wrong
#1 (Edited 892d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
Godchild1020  +   892d ago
I think it depends on the Developer and the engine they are using. If Rockstar, Bioware, Naughty Dog, Guerilla games, 343 industries and epic games, to name a few. Then it must be the limitations of the Developer, the engine and maybe the time developing on the console.
iamnsuperman  +   892d ago
I think it's bad they are already making excuses. Everything has limitations. Great developers take those limitations and go with it and make a great product
Awesome_Gamer  +   892d ago
Exactly.
I hate how they're making excuses, f**king hate lazy devs.
Yukicore  +   892d ago
But of course, it is really time to go for these consoles, it's really hard to get the power from these machines, if a game is focused on one console it might be not that big of a deal, but to make the game play and look good on both is a hard work, if they don't want to make a different game.

It's clear that all developers bump into this problem, only most just don't brag about it, they just try to squeeze as much juice as possible.
DaThreats  +   892d ago
SHould have made it PS3 exclusive then to make things more possible
Grap  +   892d ago
I really hope this is sarcasm.
zeroskie  +   892d ago
as a PS3 owner, I want you to stop. PC is so far ahead of console performance now, there's not much difference between 360/PS3
Jinkies  +   892d ago
A studio always say both console limited their game while they were making it but realy it's one or the other, both consoles can't limit a game. Why don't they just name and shame, there making it sound they are both on the same level in terms of power when, no offense, no fanboy BS it's just stating a fact, the PS3 is more powerful. We all know what console is holding a game back, it's happened before.

When a developer has a problem with the PS3 they don't have a problem speaking out about it and pointing fingers.
#3 (Edited 892d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
black911  +   892d ago
Say that again please. Beyond Two Souls Developer David Cage revently stated apS3 stil has alot of Power left.
Sp1d3ynut  +   892d ago
I'm shocked...a Sony-exclusive developer making such remarks about the PS3.
MariaHelFutura  +   892d ago
Quantic Dream is not owned by Sony. The chose to have their game exclusively on the PS3. Unless, Sony has purchased them recently w/o me knowing.
Sp1d3ynut  +   892d ago
Learn to read, son...never said they Sony owned them.
aquamala  +   892d ago
What's stopping multi plat games on ps3 to look more like PC versions? The same game on pc runs at 1080P+, 60 fps, with DX11 techs, but Ps3 versions always look about identical to the 360 versions?,
#3.2 (Edited 892d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
BrianC6234  +   892d ago
PS3 versions of third party games look like the 360 version because that's how the publishers want it. They want the game to look the same. They're really ruining it for Sony by doing that too. It gives people no reason to buy a PS3 unless they want Sony's games. I think this will hurt the PS4. The PS3 was designed to last a long time but was expensive. Now Sony will go for a cheaper console since it won't matter. I'd rather see more powerful consoles.
gatormatt80  +   892d ago
Microsoft also has a clause in its contracts that says that any game made for the 360 and any other current Gen consoles must all be created equal. Meaning that if u want to make a game for both 360 and PS3, that the PS3 version cannot exceed the 360 version in graphics etc...
Hicken  +   892d ago
OF COURSE a console is limited. IT'S A FREAKING CONSOLE!

Every console has limits. Every PC has limits, too, since it's no longer the same PC once you start swapping out parts. And those new components? Yeah, they've got limits, as well.

The question is: can you push those limits? There are some developers out there that can. Can you even APPROACH those limits? Seems like most developers can't; ironically, they're the ones always talking about how "limited" current hardware is.

It's as if you need that as an excuse for why your game isn't as good as it should be. "We could have made a better game, but this console hardware is so limited."

Translation: "We didn't do nearly as well as we could have, but instead of owning up to our failures, we'll blame it on hardware we should be pretty good at working with by now."
AIndoria  +   892d ago
Thank you for not being a blatant pc fanboy :P Bubble to you sir.
Bathyj  +   892d ago
everythings limited except infinity
ab5olut10n  +   892d ago
infinity is limited by the mandate that it continue forever. it can't stop, even if it wanted to. but you still get a bub.
#5.1 (Edited 892d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
rbailey  +   892d ago
Interesting insight by that Art Director, but still doesn't matter. Game looks great and will still be well received by fans of the series.
ado908  +   892d ago
I've read this so many times and all I can say is Bull crap. If Hitman was using it's maximum capacity and is being limited then the game would look even better than the most recent gameplay that came out. GTA V looks better than this game graphically and it's doing so much more on screen so please devs stop spewing out bs to promote your games.
black911  +   892d ago
Beyond Two souls,Last Of Us and God Of War aaccension say Hi. Oh yeah they're exclusive.
Bordel_1900  +   892d ago
Both PS3 and X360 are very old tech now. I don't understand how anyone can deny that. Any PC you buy today blows away these two ageing consoles. They're slow, have little ram, have shitty gfx cards, low res gfx, etc. They're dinosaurs. PC is miles and miles ahead.

I still have my two PS3's, I use them less and less. Now I'm waiting for the PS4. In the mean time I'm loving my Alienware PC and I do a lot of my PC gaming with my PS3 controller, that's awesome :)
#9 (Edited 892d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
BrianC6234  +   892d ago
The PS3 does have too little RAM but it's also capable of a lot more than these developers are doing on it. It's time for them to stop talking about this. It isn't a good time to release new consoles anyway. Most people don't have money to waste on gaming right now.
Bordel_1900  +   892d ago
You could be right about it being a good time to release a new console. I know many PS3 exclusives look good also. Since launch I used to buy almost only PS3 exclusive titles. If a game isn't tailored for the PS3 it often is in trouble, and PS3 exclusives look good, but I mean, come on, 2-3 years ago it was at the top even comapared to PC. Today PC games on a 55 inch plasma/LED screen look so much better. All games have a smooth 60FPS v-sync on full detail and full 1080p. I put on my PS3 and it look kinda date I tell you.

I compare ME3, F1 2012, Skyrim, etc. etc.. and the difference is so HUGE. Load times are a nightmare on PS3 compared to my PC.

Ofcourse everything can be optimized to death, it's a matter of resources and money. Like you said, in these times of bad economy, devs are not looking to spend unnecessary high amounts of money on optimizing for the PS3.
Bordel_1900  +   892d ago
Edit:I meant "NOT being a good time" of course.
NoFanboyRequired  +   892d ago
Lol, i'd rather have a 6 year old PS360 than a crappy alienware. People who buy those things are idiots. They're more of a ripoff than macs for christ sakes.

And no, not any PC you buy today can "blow" consoles away. Lets see how your average $500 computer from walmart or bestbuy stack up to the PS360. wouldn't even touch the two.
Bordel_1900  +   892d ago
What ever dude. You would rather have sub 720p graphics at 20-30 fps, than native 1080p ++ with 8xMSAA rock steady 60fps. This does not only impact graphics, because a game running at 60fps is so much more responsive and controls much smoother. I have a PlaySeat and a G27 wheel, I tested F1-2012 on PS3 and compared it to the PC version, wow, the PS3 version stutters along at 20-30 frames with very reduced gfx and resolition, my PC eats the game alive at ultra settings and 60-80 fps. The experience is not even comparable. I still love my PS3, but I'm waiting for the PS4 now.

Online services are like night and day also, PS3s online features are very limited compared to a PC.

How much bang for your buck you get with AlienWare is besides the point. Anyway, a friend of mine works for Dell, and he bought it for me at very reduced price. If I had not gotten a deal like this I would have built my own.
#9.2.1 (Edited 892d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report
Walker  +   892d ago
Look at The Last of Us and Shut the Fuck up !
BrianC6234  +   892d ago
Not more of this crap. If the PS3 version of the game doesn't look as good as Sony's games this guy has nothing to say. Stop making the PS3 games look the same as the 360 version. We've seen what the PS3 is capable of and I just don't see that from any third party developers. It's fine if they want to make the games the same but don't turn around and say the PS3 is limiting them.
Fishy Fingers  +   892d ago
Multiplatform devs obviously don't have the resources to put as much effort into each version of a game as an exclusive or first party dev has to put into a single platform. To expect them to is idiotic. Do you appreciate the costs involved? I think not.
#11.1 (Edited 892d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Fishy Fingers  +   892d ago
In technological terms the consoles are geriatrics, it's no surprise they're showing their age and devs are finding it harder to one up the games that have already released.
DigitalAnalog  +   892d ago
OH look, another graphics whore here:

“You also have to balance it with the gameplay"

You see guys, this is the STATE of the gaming industry. The limitations (rolls eyes) MUST be graphics.

ALWAYS.

So fucking stupid, now my hype levels of hitman: absolution just went down the toilet. Had he said, "oh, there are a bazillion gameplay mechanics but the consoles are only able to achieve a handful of them..." then I will readily accept his argument.
reznik_zerosum  +   892d ago
Xbox 360 and PS3 ‘limited’ ...and he makes shit pc port.ignore.
Dynasty  +   892d ago
Seriously you guys are idiots. New Consoles are (obviously) right around the corner and the current gen IS hitting it's limits. These developers can't come out with new engines every time they want to make a new game. And whether you like it or not, the few titles coming out (Bioshock:Infinite, GTA V, Hitman, Splinter Cell) are gonna be the last 'great' looking games of this gen. mark my words!
#15 (Edited 892d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
isarai  +   892d ago
No shit Sherlock, it's 6/7 year old tech. I mean i love my consoles to death, but this is pretty damn oobvious
ExitToExisT  +   892d ago
This console generation has been incredibly long. Sure maybe people were using 720p HDTV's back in 2006 but these days everyone have 1080p , FULL HD tv and the games on consoles look terrible as they only have 720p , low textures , no anti aliasing also 25 fps:/
NirvanaInChains  +   891d ago
I believe it.

Why P.T. is a bigger loss than Silent Hills | VideoGamer

5m ago - VideoGamer: "Silent Hills getting scrapped is a disappointment, but losing P.T. is a real blow." | PS4

Best Mods for Cities: Skylines

5m ago - There’s only so much a small team can produce. A team of a million plus, even if the majority are... | PC

Filmwatch Contest Details

Now - Come celebrate the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron with us on Filmwatch and win cool prizes. | Promoted post

It's the Battle of New York in MLB 15: The Show's Challenge of the Week

6m ago - Step into the batter's box and jump into the middle of the Subway Series in MLB 15: The Show's Ch... | PS3

DiRT Rally First Trailer Debuts, Shows off Power of Stealth Released Sim

6m ago - sdsfdsfdsIt's been a long time since we've gotten DiRTy. Four years, in fact, when DiRT 3 was unl... | PC

Guns, Gore, And Cannoli Gameplay Video

6m ago - Combining retro gameplay with waves of the undead and clever one liners, has resulted in a very e... | PC