Assassin’s Creed 3 makes you look badass with minimal effort. VG247′s Dave Cook asks if feelings of empowerment should be earned through skill, or doled out free of charge.
Assassin's Creed 3 is clearly an awful game. Much like those musou games everyone and their mother hates, all you have to do is mash single buttons to win. Usually x or o. Awful, awful game.
Have you even played the game?
Have you ever played any game? Hitting x or circle repeatedly is the key to winning 90% of games. The other 10% are the more newfangled ones that toss in an analog stick or trigger button to the mix. It should have been quite, quite obvious: I was being facetious.
I'm really frustrated with the disjointed storytelling in AC3. after playing sleeping dogs, there is a clear difference between a good game and a bad one. although AC3 has a much bigger universe and more side missions, the simplified gameplay, uninteresting checkers like mini game, and overall lack of polish prevent it from rising above the other games in this series. Brotherhood is still the best AC game to me. but sleeping dogs hands down blows this game away
I love the combat system it reminds me of Arkham City. Xof please just go back to your basement and keep playing CoD
Its very easy to call the guy a COD player and tell him to shut up. Anyone that played games like Bayonetta, DMC3, NG2 or even POP:WW knows the combat is very simple. If you like it or not is up to you, but the fact is The characters in AC pull off awesome moves with minimal effort from the player.
the article is a good one the writer is right bout Bayonetta, every battle in that game oozed tension and was an assault on the retinas
Thats the reason I think this series is overrated. Its more fun to watch then it is to play. The characters do all sorts of awesome moves both platforming and in combat, while you do nothing but press 1 or 2 buttons.
It's actually more difficult in AC3. They send way more guys at you and it's harder to counter and disarm. You have to press several buttons to do awesome stuff, too.
The one button win has been around in ubisoft titles for a while now. It isnt going to go away anytime soon as it makes everyone feel like a true assassin. Yes it could be more difficult, I myself am sick of one button win games that practically play themselves with very limited interaction but wallets vote and seems people enjoy simplistic controls and interaction so long as it rewards the player with flashy on screen animations or set pieces.
N4G is a community of gamers posting and discussing the latest game news. It’s part of NewsBoiler, a network of social news sites covering today’s pop culture.