Submitted by AmayaAi 786d ago | opinion piece

Dishonored vs. Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Dishonored and Deus Ex: Human Revolution have polar opposite stories but both offer different styles and gameplay elements centered on choice and consequence, and choosing how to tackle each objective in each adventure has its own strengths and weakness. Both offer a rich and engaging experience, the decision is whether you want something with more action or more freedom. (Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dishonored, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

StanLee  +   786d ago
Dishonored is more forgiving but I think the game's setting and story appeals to me more the Deus Ex's did.
#1 (Edited 786d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
guitarded77  +   786d ago
That's a good way of putting it. I think of dishonored as a hybrid of Deus Ex and Bioshock. It's different enough to make it unique, but similar enough to be great.
camel_toad  +   786d ago
Well said. Love all 3 of 'em.
Ryo-Hazuki  +   786d ago
I've beaten both and I would say Dishonored appeals to me more. I love the world and I felt like it has more sandbox gameplay than HR
#2 (Edited 786d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
-Gespenst-  +   786d ago
Deus Ex over this any day for me.
pandehz  +   786d ago
Deus Ex for me.

I love the music, the central theme, and of course Denton or Jenson both are badass and defo the gameplay and setting.
RustedMan  +   786d ago
Deus Ex.
Absolutely underated game. and it came free with graphics card.
Loved the overall aesthetic, and the entire original score.
Locksus  +   786d ago
Deus Ex underrated? Didn't it get pretty rave score and sold about 2 million copies?

That's far from underrated if you ask me.
RustedMan  +   785d ago
I suppose I'm not talking about about critical consensus, but rather that so many people found it a bit underwhelming, not nearly as prophetic as the trailer entails it would be.

While the trailers for it are damned amazing, I enjoyed every second of the game, and it's one of few games where I truly felt depressed when it ended.
Far too many games out stay their welcome, this game could have gone on for 50 more hours and I would still have no complaints.
#5.1.1 (Edited 785d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Locksus  +   786d ago
A difficult choice for sure. I absolutely love both games but I prefer the gameplay of Dishonored to Deus Ex's but Human Revolution's story is, in my opinion, better than Dishonored's.

Both are absolute gems and must buy for anyone who loves stealth games.
starchild  +   786d ago
Couldn't agree more with everything you said. My love of stealth games started with Thief on the PC and Tenchu Stealth Assassins on the PS1. Dishonored and Deus Ex Human Revolution are both amazing games and carry the torch of stealth-action very well.
#6.1 (Edited 786d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Locksus  +   786d ago
Agreed, I cannot wait for Thief 4, even though I have never played any Thief games but judging from the gameplay videos I've seen, they look pretty spectacular!
beerkeg  +   786d ago
I love both. I think Dishonored is more comparable to Thief though, in setting and dialogue anyway. It shares similarities to Deus Ex in the way of upgrades and in the sort of game it is, but it's much more akin to the Thief series in every other department.
#7 (Edited 786d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
RustedMan  +   786d ago
agreed.
BuLLDoG909  +   786d ago
2 best games this gen so far.
deus ex been the better of the two.
BlackTar187  +   786d ago
xcom and BL2 need to be in this
baldulf  +   786d ago
I liked Deus Ex HR a lot, but Dishonored earned its place as one of my favourite games ever.

The dark tale atmosphere, the freedom, the controls... With the exception of the ending everything in this game is perfect.
#9 (Edited 786d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Bimkoblerutso  +   785d ago
I agree with this person.

The ending, like so many games these days, was abrupt and pretty disappointing, but it was just such an interesting, unique ride.

Though, honestly DE:HR was just slightly less surprisingly great.
#9.1 (Edited 785d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
AzaziL  +   785d ago
Making all your choices irrelevant once you get to the ending switch was really disappointing, it made playing a second play through unnecessary to see all the endings.

But that won't stop me from playing this one over again some time, it's one of those few games that's worth playing again after a few years.

Captivating adventure gaming on Android: Secret Files Tunguska now available on Google Play

15m ago - The critically acclaimed adventure classic Secret Files Tunguska by Animation Arts is now availab... | Android

Assetto Corsa - Full Version Now Available On Steam

15m ago - KUNOS Simulazioni announced today that the final version of its sim racing game, Assetto Corsa, i... | PC

DayZ Patch 0.52 Sees All New Content

15m ago - Teddy bears, Christmas presents, long swords and chainsaws. What more could we possibly ask for f... | PC

'Tomb Raider Pack' Offers All Three Mobile 'Tomb Raider' Games for the Price of One

16m ago - TouchArcade: Here's a pretty cool bundle for fans of the Tomb Raider series who haven't quite che... | iPhone

Win a PS4!!

Now - Join us on Filmwatch to find out how you can win a free PS4 this holiday season! | Promoted post

ROBLOX Could Come To Xbox One, PS4, Wii U

16m ago - One Angry Gamer "Home consoles have been edging closer and closer to evolving their software libr... | PC