Submitted by Jadedz 715d ago | news

Nintendoeverything: "Rayman creator Michel Ancel has high praise for the Wii U – in particular, the console’s main controller.

Ancel has been very impressed with the technology behind the GamePad. Not only does it offer “crazy” response time, but Ancel also says that it responds well thanks to very low latency – which comes in at only 1/60 of a second." (Industry, Next-Gen, Wii U)

LX-General-Kaos  +   715d ago
Very good article

It seems that Nintendo is releasing one of the most advanced, futuristic gaming contraptions known to man. I am proud that there are corporations that put their all into their consoles, and push the industry to never before seen heights with each new hardware release. Nintendo seems to have done it again with the technical advancements of the Nintendo Wii U entertainment system tablet like control functions. Ubisoft has put all of my somewhat mild worries to rest with this article.

I personally believe that with the advanced tech, and accuracy of the Nintendo game pad. The industry will be changed in a very positive way forever. The way we control games starting this holiday season will never be the same again. Pin point precision, and full battlefield control.

Only one month remaining until we the Nintendo consumer are blessed with the opportunity to purchase a Nintendo Wii U entertainment system for our very own homes. I am looking forward to showing off this new innovative tech to my family and friends in the near future.

Rated E For Everyone
#1 (Edited 715d ago ) | Agree(27) | Disagree(31) | Report | Reply
Y_5150  +   715d ago
Haha! Yes! Back in the year 2006 we saw a gaming revolution called Wii. No system has ever reached the innovation that the system has reached...Until now. The WiiU will hit shelves and be loved by gamers and families everywhere because of it's new innovating tech.

And you sir are a amazing individual that has been bathed in Nintendo sweetness for years and now spreading that love every waking moment of your life!

Rated E for Everyone
#1.1 (Edited 715d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(26) | Report | Reply
SkullBlade169   715d ago | Trolling | show
chrisarsenalsavart  +   715d ago
So what if that guy love nintendo so much.
So what if he had his best gaming experiences with that brand.
I love playstation but i don,t expect everyone to do so.
Nintendo is a console everyone should own every gen because third party support or not, they always deliver lots of gems worth playing.
At the end of the day LX GENERAL KAOS just express his own feelings for wiiu without dissing any other brands.
#1.1.2 (Edited 715d ago ) | Agree(20) | Disagree(3) | Report
ChickeyCantor  +   715d ago
@Chris

But does it have to be so formal? It just makes me shiver to think he talks like that to everyone.
Phil32  +   715d ago
Your posting gimmick is beyond tired.
LX-General-Kaos  +   715d ago
#1.2.1 (Edited 715d ago ) | Agree(29) | Disagree(15) | Report
Knight_Crawler  +   715d ago
Phil - You mad bro?
raytraceme  +   715d ago
Well the wii did start last gen for me and it might as well start this gen for me as well.

Cant wait for nintendo to bring pokemon to the wii u as well as mario kart, ssbnxt, metroid, and many of their other highly regarded franchises.

Low latency is a must for me thus i own a 120hz monitor hooked to my ps3 ,and pc via dual dvi. With the wii u's low latency that will be a big plus for fps games.
zebramocha  +   715d ago
@lx You know that the tablet drains resources,unless it play a passive role it can't have that Zelda demo (no pun intended).
#1.4 (Edited 715d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(13) | Report | Reply
ChickeyCantor  +   715d ago
Please don't make stuff up. That zelda demo was done on one of the earliest concept models. Unless you have the actual data proving your claim, don't assume.
RedSoakedSponge  +   714d ago
said like a true Reggie butt licker lol
sertz   715d ago | Bad language | show | Replies(2)
Blankman85  +   715d ago
I myself prefer gaming on my 360 (read I'm a 360 fanboy) despite owning a PS3 as well but I must say, I find Nintendo fanboys to be the least offensive bunch on this site.
Even when they are being mean spirited I find it adorable and I simply cannot hate on them.
On topic, this is going to be my first Nintendo home console in a long while.
Benjamminkno  +   715d ago
That's interesting. I have to say there are some immensely unforgettable moments from Nintendo these last few years. My personal favorites are RE4, Metroid Prime 3 and Boom Blox. I really can't imagine not having played these Wii games. Though I'm also a big fan of Bethesda, the Dead Space series, and COD, I just feel empty without Nintendo. It's not for everybody, but they really don't cause much disappointment for me. Every reiteration is still fun to go back to. Unlike other franchises, Halo, GTA, I won't revisit the older games in the series.
neogeo  +   715d ago
There is a reason the so called NIN fanboys are less offensive. That reason is because we are an older crew that grew up in the 80's and have owned and played many systems and realise at one point that games are games no matter what piece of hardware they are played on. I have as much fun with 8bit games as I do on a Maxed out GTX680 PC.
#3.2 (Edited 715d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PopRocks359  +   714d ago
I would have figured that, at least in my own experience, I have to defend why I like the games I enjoy as oppose to attacking others for what they like.
Grenade  +   715d ago
"Ubisoft: Wii U GamePad tech more advanced than people may think, “crazy” response time, low latency"
I'm sure Ubisoft's statement has nothing got to do with the fact that they're making 6+ games for the Wii U. /s
As soon as a new console/handheld gets announced, Ubisoft are always the first ones on the scene, promoting any system that they're putting their shovelware junk on.
Studio-YaMi  +   715d ago
True,we will just have to wait and try the console for ourselves to judge,otherwise this is just another PR stunt like any other in the industry..!
samtheseed  +   715d ago
But then again, they wouldn't be developing 6 games if they thought it was rubbish. Stuff about the latency is a fact, not a made up sales pitch.
chadboban  +   715d ago
You calling Rayman Legends "junk"? Them's fightin words boy.
GameLord08  +   715d ago
There's a difference between PR marketing, and an actual statement concerning the Wii U's power from a developer standpoint. Everything Ancel stated here is evidently purely based on tested fact, unlike saying the Wii U is "the most innovative system on Earth".
chrisarsenalsavart  +   715d ago
Can,t wait for metroid Wii U.
And i just heard gamecubes games will be available on the nintendo Eshop.
I was about to wait a year or two for one but now i think i,m gonna get one next month.
Nutsack  +   715d ago
Ubisoft was very impressed by the inaccurate Wiimote when the Wii launched too back then in 2006.

Why? Because they had some games to sell.

This time it ain't different. Same company, same story. They got a lot of games to push.

The blown up old tech one touch stylus bulky tablet controller is just a gimmick to sell the new console, like the Wiimote was to sell the Wii. Thats all. Nintendo is in it to sell their own hardware with profit, their additional hardware nonsense like Wiifit and their 1st party Mario's/Zelda's that always sell. They don't really care that much for 3rd party.

If you want true 3rd party support and not only the retail games but some real good and creative downloadable games, there is no other route than 360+XBLA games and/or PS3+PSN games. Played on real good and ergonomic controllers not some massive blow up DS looking like a big brick.

WiiU - Rated U for Upgrade
ElectricKaibutsu  +   715d ago
You may have missed some of the recent news about the Wii U and Unity. It looks like Nintendo is strongly supporting 3rd parties, at least on their eShop.
scottd  +   715d ago
Ya but Nintendo promised strong 3rd party support on Wii and it was not there, I do hope they have it this time but I'm not holding my breath.
Rockoman16  +   715d ago
Lol, you and your comments, nice try ballsy
Neonridr  +   715d ago
I think your name should change from Nutsack to Nutjob. The "inaccurate" Wiimote was a brand new tech that nobody had going for them. Sure the Move and the WiiMotion Plus came along and improved the accuracy big time, but the original Wii Remote was still brand new tech at the time. Sony was obviously impressed enough with the tech to make a carbon copy of the Wii remote and call it their own.

Of course the controller is the selling point of the system, otherwise what would be the difference between the 360/PS3 and the Wii U other than the games. So they should make an exact copy of the other systems just so that you don't get confused?

You are going to see a lot more 3rd party support this time around, plus there are going to be great downloadable titles for the system as well. You heard about the Unity deal? That means that all the ios games that are built using Unity can be easily ported over to the Wii U and sold on the eShop. Nintendo is doing everything they can to embrace the indie developers this time around.

If you don't like the system, then don't buy it. Plain and simple. You don't need to call it a piece of garbage because you are too much of a fanboy to enjoy all that the world has to offer.
Schawk  +   715d ago
I love how the majority always agree with you.

HAHAH dont be so insecure because nintendo fans are gonna get playing games that outshine both ps3 and xbox versions
also what other console can give a 2 player experience without split screen?

Rated "TP" for Troll Proof
#6.4 (Edited 714d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
taquito  +   714d ago
@nutsack

too bad all ps3/360 games are sub-hd and covered in jaggies and barely run at 20-30 frames for the last 8 years

the wii u is something different and people are excited, hopefully is uses proper aa and 1080p for most games, that alone will make it far better than last gen ps3/360

cannot wait for wii u!
scottd  +   715d ago
Its low latency and fast response time because the image is being streamed to the gamepad screen, the game is still being played on the console, the gamepad is only handling receiving a image.
MikeMyers  +   715d ago
The point is it's two separate applications. One person who has the gamepad can see a totally different screen and change the output for the other players without them seeing or knowing what that person is doing on the gamepad. By having such low latency means the gameplay remains intact for everyone.
scottd  +   715d ago
Ya. That is built into the architecture of the game. Not that hard to do. its all programming
Neonridr  +   715d ago
The gamepad is not only handling receiving an image. When you touch the screen, the controller has to send back an input signal to the console to say that something has been pressed. And when you touch the screen the result on the TV is immediate. It's a wireless controller so information has to be sent to the system otherwise it wouldn't work.
samtheseed  +   715d ago
Funny how they mentioned how competitors will have to work hard to match the Wii U. Is he hinting they are making 2nd screen devices or just referring to Smart:Glass & PS3+Vita combo pie in the sky.
YoungPlex  +   714d ago
Of course they're referring to SmartGlass/PS3+Vita combo. SmartGlass isn't as fast as the Gamepad and requires a Wifi connection, and Vita uses both Bluetooth and WiFi simultaneously and still isn't as fast as the Wii U Gamepad, not to mention the battery life on the Vita, while these functions are active, isn't that great for a standalone controller.

It's not that PS3 or Xbox are weak systems, it's clearly a matter of design. Obviously the Wii U was designed with this implementation in mind, while SmartGalss and Vita was added on late in the game. Though I do wonder, the Vita was built with this feature in mind so it might come closer to Wii U functionality than SmartGlass can.

Either-way I own both a PS3 and 360 but would never buy a Vita specifically for this functionality and don't really care for SmartGlass, unless every game starts to utilize these features as a standard.

Three more weeks and my new addition to my family of consoles will arrive. I can't wait! It feels so good not limiting myself to one company...
#8.1 (Edited 714d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
wiiulee  +   714d ago
nintendo has put together quite a system in the wiiu and still manage to bring it out at a great price...can't wait...haters will hate but nintendo has next gen in the bag also
GraveLord  +   714d ago
Wii U is a great piece of technology. If you only have a Wii, I'd suggest getting a Wii U at launch.
WeskerChildReborned  +   714d ago
Awesome to hear.

Which Wheels Work with Driveclub?

8m ago - For a while now, racing fans have been asking for details on which wheels Driveclub will support... | PS4

6 Popular Theories From Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

8m ago - Looking at some of the theories from the upcoming game Metal Gear Solid V. | PC

Destiny's Fate

8m ago - 6aming's Sheldon sheds some light on Destiny, what it does right, what it does wrong, and what it... | Xbox 360

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Director Explains Lack of Circle Pad Pro Support

9m ago - In a recent interview with Famitsu magazine, director of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Masah... | 3DS

iCreditCardNow.com

Now - Quickly locate just the right card for you. | Promoted post

Bloodborne EGX Preview - Innergeek

9m ago - Some have been saying Bloodborne feels more like Demon’s Souls than Dark Souls. Some are wrong. B... | PS4