Top
70°

Retro Studios expanding, moves to much bigger offices

Retro Studios posted a photo on their Facebook page (which has since been taken down) that shows a new location for their offices. This new building is 2-3 times the size of their old building, indicating that they plan to expand and hired a slew of new employees.

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata mentioned their plans to expand Retro a few days ago, so this move doesn't come as much of a surprise.

Read Full Story >>
gimmegimmegames.com
The story is too old to be commented.
LX-General-Kaos1383d ago (Edited 1383d ago )

In the wake of many studios unfortunately shutting down, and suffering from financial destruction. It is very warming to see one of my all time favorite AAA gaming studios expanding, and gearing up for the next generation of Elite gaming. Times are tough in the gaming industry as of now. Especially with technology moving forward, while development cost of next generation titles will likely sky rocket for some due to over powered hardware, and complex future consoles. We will sadly see many more studios closing due to a lack of profit from resource depleting game development.

Luckily for Retro Studios Nintendo has blessed them with a gaming platform that is lighter on resources, and easy to develop for. Hopefully keeping Retro in business well into the distant future and beyond. I see many a profit being made from game sales on the Nintendo 3DS & Wii U entertainment systems respectively. Retro has virtually never let the Nintendo fan base down before, and likely will carry on the tradition of delivering 1st class Nintendo exclusive offerings for the Nintendo consumer.

The fact that Retro is now looking to hire many new employees is an honor due to the fact that some corporations are fresh of laying off thousands of good people, and hard workers. Hopefully luck changes for the unfortunate and financially lacking gaming corporations out there. Hopefully everyone can return to greener pastures like those of Retro Studios.

Rated E For Everyone

mrbojingles1383d ago

I can only agree 100%.

Looking forward to all of their future projects, expanding them is only a good thing both for employment and our gaming needs.

Hope to see them crank out at least an extra game or two per year due to this expansion, though we probably wouldn't see the effects of this expansion until 2014/2015, but I takes what I can gets!

t0mmyb0y1383d ago

Stop saying "Rated E For Everyone" you're not a spokesperson, just annoying lol

CaptainN1383d ago

Well said ...bubbles 4 u !

Shnazzyone1383d ago

Nintendo sold rare then made retro the new rare. Well played nintendo.

omarzy1383d ago

Retro really is the new rare. I hope they push out more titles with the Wii U. Also, i believe Nintendo as forced to sell Rare. They owned only 49 percent, and the other 51 percent was sold to Microsoft, so why would Nintendo want to own half of Rare? It would not really benefit them that much. It is a shame.

CaptainN1383d ago (Edited 1383d ago )

Not exactly how it went down.....after a certain amount of time in owning Rare, Rare told them they had to make a decision....buy all of Rare, or Rare could look for other outside sources...Nintendo said they were not interested in fully owning Rare at the time and gave their blessing for Rare to find another interested party..... and at the same time Microsoft was in desperate need of new characters and Rare was a golden opportunity for them to get many established IP's all at once. Then they bought 51% of Rare....and Nintendo decided to sell them the rest and basically make money off the sale.

In the end Nintendo made out like bandits because they got top dollar for their shares in Rare....and MS has all but destroyed what was left of the original Rare. The original staff is pretty much gone, the IP's are barely used and its deff not worth anywhere as close as to what they payed for it years back.

In "Retro" spec (pun intended) the only thing Nintendo lost was Goldeneye.....and this caused major confusion as to who was allowed to reproduce the game, hence now it lays dormant :(

meganick1383d ago

Good. They're one of the best developers in the world right now. They deserve to grow. I can't wait to see what they develop for Wii U and maybe 3DS. I'd love for them to make a new Metroid.

j4re1383d ago

I sense good things.

Samus HD1383d ago

New IP would have been cool!