Submitted by nofilter 554d ago | news

Sony: New Features Will Drop Into The New PSN Store “Every Month”

TSA: "One of the key slices of information garnered is that the Store, when it launches next week in Europe, won’t be the final version. It’ll change and improve gradually, and on a fairly regular basis too, which is encouraging." (PS3, Sony)

Alternative Sources
Masane   554d ago | Spam
GribbleGrunger  +   554d ago
Interesting. Nice to see that the store will change depending on what the fanbase ask for... might just pop over to the official blog occasionally just so that I can say I contributed lol

note: The headline reads 'Every month' but the quote says 'Could be every two months'. Just like to keep things real.
#2 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
LostDjinn  +   554d ago
The store being created using html5 will make it easy for all platforms to get in on the action. PS3, Vita, phone, you name it. Now all they have to worry about is content.

Seriously Sony, bring the content.

Edit: No really. I don't give a #@&% about how it looks. It's what's in there that's the deciding factor in me making a purchase.
#3 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(16) | Report | Reply
Sony really should take a good look at there marketing starting now. It is their Achilles' heel.

"Going forward we’re hopeful that every month, or every couple of months at worst, we’ll be dropping in new features, updates, changes and so forth,” Elliot added. “That will be a process which is a dialogue with the fanbase.”

They sound like valve. I like that they are beggining to open up there console for user influence.
#3.1 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
LostDjinn  +   554d ago
I agree. The rather large foot they put in the PR departments' ass was a good start, but marketing's more then just PR.

Edit: I agree that taking a few cues from valve is a good thing too. (Damn your edits!!)
#3.1.1 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(5) | Report
violents  +   554d ago
I agree the marketing is a problem, have you ever looked at the mini's, i've never even seen a commercial for any of them or anything. Honestly i don't want any of them because most are just stupid flash games that you could play on a phone but still, there is a lot of content in the store you never hear about.
EliteDave93  +   554d ago
To be able to leave a comment on every purchased thing would be awesome.
#4 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
Snookies12  +   554d ago
Also, I really hope they have screenshots for every game in the store like the Japanese PSN has had FOREVER.... It's really nice to be able to see some pictures of a game before you decide to buy it.
Kennytaur  +   554d ago
And it would be nice if they let us watch the preview videos in HD.
violents  +   554d ago
most games have preview button in the purchase screen and some have actual vidoes instead of just screen shots.
Snookies12  +   554d ago
@steverhude - Yeah, but it takes it a minute to load up a preview, and screenshots are just right there in the description so you can take a quick glance. It's just a nice feature I think should be implemented outside of the Japanese PSN is all.
baodeus  +   554d ago
what they need is to have everything (dlc, contents, screenshots, video, demo, info) link together in one spot when you look up a specific game in whatever category (demo, all ps3 games,etc...)

Cause as of right now, you have to jump around from one category to another just to get more information on a specific game (a lot of them don't even have any information).
Cam977  +   554d ago
Good.
mushroomwig  +   554d ago
When I think back to when I first bought my PlayStation 3, I just can't believe how much has changed since then. We've certainly come a long way from the web browser store and no in-game XMB.
#6 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(17) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
FACTUAL evidence  +   554d ago
Damn, you're right. In game xmb...aaahhh I'd never forget that day.I was ready with my copy of mgs4, slowly waiting for the trophy update. Lol. Wow though...in game xmb was like the last incredible ps3 feature IMO.
telekeneticmantis  +   554d ago
Would love to see
some Gaikai stuff
Mr-Dude  +   554d ago
I would like to see Netflix or HULU for EU... or Paypal...
#8 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
josephayal  +   554d ago
Best Online Service on any Console
thehusbo  +   554d ago
100%
Irishguy95  +   554d ago
Best overall because it's free

Xbox live is a better service
M-M  +   554d ago
@Irishguy95, Do you even know what you just said?
Snookies12  +   554d ago
Actually, having used Xbox Gold Live for about 3 years... I can safely say it's no better than PSN in terms of online quality. I've had just as many, if not more issues trying to play online with friends over Xbox than I have with my PS3.

Not bashing Xbox or anything, but this is just my experience over 3 years of playing on Live is all.
IWentBrokeForGaming  +   554d ago
it's not $60 good, thus why I haven't renewed mine in ages... yet alone signed on!

My LIVE gamer tag is Xbox360me... not even sure the last time I got on LIVE!
Apocwhen  +   554d ago
A badly needed and most welcome update. The EU store is horrible to navigate the last few weeks, with broken image links for PS+ users preventing them from easily accessing the content they are subscribed to.

Also the fact that icons are duplicated in several sub categories and you cannot tell what is in it until you go into each one separately. A real nuisance.

Now if I could only access the store from my PC so that I could purchase content while I'm away from my PC.
hkgamer  +   554d ago
to be really honest, at first glance of the screenshot I thought it was something for MS. Kinda reminds me of how all the apps/MS websites look at fullscreen using the metro thing.

Why use HTML5? is it more efficient on resources than other cding? I wonder if it will have Gaikai integration? clicking on a demo and playing straight away would be so much better than having to wait for the damn download.
I wonder what features would be available on a PSN store?
BitbyDeath  +   554d ago
"Why use HTML5?"

It's the latest web standard which supports a lot more functionality than previous versions and yes this also means overall performance improvements.
1nsomniac  +   554d ago
A little twisted journalism there....

Not technically adding new, new features as such just a typical Sony approach of releasing something already quite broken & then incrementally adding features that should be there at launch. Sounds familiar, nothing new that they don't always do anyway.

Nice PR spin though, I see there at least improving in one aspect. Either way a complete rebuild is long overdue & can't come soon enough.
#12 (Edited 554d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
JAM_brz  +   554d ago
Shows that Sony is giving special attention to consumers opinion.
DivineAssault  +   554d ago
Sony is the best hands down... Its no longer debatable.. It will take decades for Nintendo to catch up & MS just doesnt offer anything i cant find on the PC... True fanboy here
brettski  +   554d ago
I hope they add a wish list feature
sdplisken  +   554d ago
sweet, i like what i see
cedaridge  +   554d ago
Looking very Mature!!! psn: cedaridge / xbl: cedar4Thunder
BitbyDeath  +   554d ago
I wonder if this new layout is hinting at PS4 OS design.
DivineAssault  +   554d ago
i cant wait to see what theyre doing with PS4.. Honestly im happy w PS3 right now & especially with this modernized store but i REALLY want to see what theyre going to do with gaikai & nx gen
hot4play  +   554d ago
More PS2 classics please - playable on PS Vita ;)
Also, a 'Search' option on my Download List would be helpful.
Relientk77  +   554d ago
Awesome news, can't wait to see what new features we'll get
sway_z  +   554d ago
One of the best things about this current gen of consoles is the UI upgrades and refinements....you feel a sense of re-fresh...almost like a new console.....but at the expense of regular downloads/maintenance & patches.

We have a lot more in common with our PC counterparts than they'd have us believe.

Next gen think more of the same....not that I'm complaining ;)
Drainage  +   554d ago
couldnt they have just waited to release it when its complete? Theyre pretty much calling it beta
BitbyDeath  +   554d ago
Nothing is ever complete.
Also don't know about the US store but the EU store has tons of loading problems.

Example all the Starhawk Plus content had to be seperated into about 5 different folders for them to display properly.
sway_z  +   554d ago
I don't see why peeps are bothered if it's not final...at least Sony are prepared to make their customers happier....and don't we want an evolving service?

....My only concern is that the whole thing performs better than the current store.
jenniferconor22   554d ago | Spam
thawind  +   554d ago
Wow
abzdine  +   554d ago
i couldn't wish for more !
iHeartHelloKitty  +   554d ago
Nice fresh look i hope.
kingslayer1000  +   553d ago
GREAT

Ys: Memories Of Celceta Review [Game Rumble]

37m ago - Game Rumble: Ys: Memories of Celceta is a remake of the 4th Ys game and counts as the 3rd remake... | PS Vita

XViREnt Passes Kickstarter Campaign, New Teaser Video Launched

38m ago - Upcoming virtual reality (VR) compatible online title XViREnt has officially passed its Kickstart... | PC

Diehard GameFAN: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Collector’s Edition Review

38m ago - DHGF: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster brings together the International Editions of both of these... | PS3

What Role will the Riddler play in Batman: Arkham Knight?

39m ago - Batman: Arkham Knight's promo shots left Castle Geek-skull wondering about the Riddler's role in... | PC

Filmwatch April Contests

Now - Calling all Marvel fans. Come celebrate the release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier with us as we give away a cool prize for fans of Cap plu... | Promoted post

Mick Foley Won’t Be In WWE 2K15?

39m ago - There’s a chance Mick Foley might not be in WWE 2K15 this year since his current WWE contract has... | Xbox 360