Resistance 2 will feature the Chimera in a major onslaught at the San Francisco Bridge and other American landmarks.
In an article by Official PlayStation Magazine UK Insomniac Games have revealed a number of exciting new details. Resistance 2 continues where the first game finished, with Nathan travelling to Iceland, the base of SRPA (Special Projects Research Administration.) When he gets there he discovers that there are others humans who have been infected by mutant DNA who also have mutant healing and telepathic abilities. They have been bought together as a task force known as the Sentinels, each with their own abilities and weapons.
* There are 3 co-op character classes. Soldier, medic, and special-ops trooper. Each can collect XP points to improve their skills (ala Call of Duty 4.)
* The Splitter is a new weapon, a mini-gun that can spray a barrage of rounds
* Special abilities can be 'charged up' by killing aliens. If your shields are down, kill more aliens to recharge.
* The medic will shoot a special gun on the injured
* The new stalker has been significantly upgraded in detail level and functionality. It now features a big red eye at the front.
* New super-bosses. Giant size. That arent taken down the same way as other enemies are taken down. They have full AI, and dynamic animation.