Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by mrbojingles 1148d ago | rumor

Rumor: GameCube downloads confirmed for Wii U Virtual Console?

The latest issue of Retro Gamer says that GameCube games will be available on the Wii U Virtual Console. Is this an instance like where Black Ops 2 was revealed for the system by a Nintendo magazine months before it was actually revealed?

We'll have to wait to find out. (Nintendo, Wii, Wii U)

Hard to tell
Is this rumor true? Rumor votes 10
Y_5150  +   1148d ago
Well this is going to obvious. Of course they are going to do it because WiiU isn't backup compatible with Gamecube disc. I would like to buy Mario Sunshine again on the WiiU virtual console or finally play veautiful Joe because it would be available on the virtual console. I see a bright future for Nintendo despite the media.
#1 (Edited 1148d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Qrphe  +   1147d ago
I REALLY hope the triggers are analog for this very reason (playing GC games).
NastyLeftHook0  +   1148d ago
i dont see why not.
bad naruto  +   1148d ago
next-generation console my a**
PopRocks359  +   1148d ago
Hmm, stronger than current generation consoles, new controller with more inputs than previous consoles, social networking, reworked online infrastructure and some new games that you cannot play on the previous Nintendo console.

Seems next generation to me.
#3.1 (Edited 1148d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
bad naruto  +   1148d ago
"more inputs than previous consoles"

since when this was a next-generation feature.

"social networking"

"some new games that you cannot play on the previous Nintendo console"

"Seems next generation to me"

Not sure about that buddy.
#3.1.1 (Edited 1148d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(23) | Report
CommonSenseGamer  +   1148d ago
Its next gen for Nintendo for sure. I don't understand why someone needs to get their nickers in a twist just because they think next gen means significantly more horsepower.

To be honest, if next gen meant more advanced AI then I've seen very little evidence of it this gen over previous gen games.
ChickeyCantor  +   1147d ago
"since when this was a next-generation feature. "

Notice how "next-generation" is whatever you want it to be?

"hilarious, yeah because you can play PS3 games on ps2, and Xbox360 games on the Xbox."

Yet you called those next generation consoles.

You dense?
PopRocks359  +   1148d ago
You're not really good at debating, are you?
nintendojunkie28  +   1148d ago
lol...I was thinkin' the same thing.

"hilarious, yeah because you can play PS3 games on ps2, and Xbox360 games on the Xbox"

What is he talking about?!
PopRocks359  +   1148d ago
I assume he's referring to the ports on the Wii U. I was talking about games like ZombiU and Pikmin 3, but whatever.
ElectricKaibutsu  +   1148d ago
You're the worst naruto ever
AWBrawler  +   1148d ago
Need some Preparation H to go with that butt hurt?

Seriously, Bad Naruto? (cool name by the way) those kind of comments are what make us gamers, as a discourse community, look bad.
richierich  +   1148d ago
MGS Twin Snakes please
Shnazzyone  +   1148d ago
that would be so sick.
FinalomegaS  +   1148d ago
Will be cool if they are given at least an upscale feature.

Would like to see my GCN fire emblem in HD.. Would be nice
AWBrawler  +   1148d ago
LOL that was my exact thought, and you stole it and posted it. Get out my mind, man.

Hell yeah! give me TOS and Baten Kaitos
#5.1 (Edited 1148d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
t0mmyb0y  +   1148d ago
I've never understood how people take a 'Rumor' as confirmed or a confirmed rumor. If it's a rumor don't say it's confirmed!
FinalomegaS  +   1148d ago
Dreams are always nice :)
#6.1 (Edited 1148d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Benjamminkno  +   1148d ago
Yea, i was gonna post that. They've already been talking about that. I have to say I loved Castlevania SotN on PS3. I wanna buy Rogue Leader and Eternal Darkness. Can we get over the "Nintendo sucks" religion? These haters are scared.
iamnsuperman  +   1148d ago
I was going to say that as well. There is no such thing as a confirmed rumour. It is just a rumour.
fatstarr  +   1148d ago
Gamecube had such a strong hidden potential lineup. id gladly buy some heavy hitters if it came out.

tales of symphonia and skies of arcadia plz.
Dr_Salvitor  +   1147d ago
i really hope i can get tales of symphonia on download I've been looking for a gamecube copy for a year now with no luck.
fatstarr  +   1147d ago
I know that feeling man, My disk 1 cracked

and Im not about to pay 99$ for it.
taquito  +   1148d ago
baten kaitos 1 and 2 please in 1080p
along with eternal darkness

resident evil zero and 1 remake

metroid prime

all in 1080p with 8x AA please :)

cant wait for wii u
t0mmyb0y  +   1147d ago
My friend has brought up Eternal Darkness on more than one occasion lol. Would be nice to finally be able to try it.
Qrphe  +   1147d ago
Haven't you played those already on the Dolphin emulator with those settings?

Well man, you've gotta save up some coin sometime and upgrade from that GeForce 256
#8.2 (Edited 1147d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
taquito  +   1147d ago
i cant find the games anywhere, let someone borrow them long ago and never got em back :(

im rocking a gtx680, i-7 2600k and 12gb ddr3 1600, i can run 5 instances of dolphin, just don't have the games and i don't pirate them. i play all my wii games in 1080p 8x aa at 60 frames though, good times :)

rather wait for the official
#8.2.1 (Edited 1147d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Qrphe  +   1147d ago
Games are around $15-$20 tops online plus you get to keep a physical copy.

It sounds like you could run them on optimal settings (2112 vertical pixels with widescreen hack, SSAA + FXAA, and 16x AF), you know the Wii U (outdated on launch) won't be able to run them anything close to that.
#8.3 (Edited 1147d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Chidori  +   1147d ago
I look forward to FINALLY playing Wind Waker again.
deno  +   1147d ago
resident evil remake and luigi's mansion. Sweet!!
gamerben  +   1147d ago
I think it goes without saying really...

League of Legends – Jay Chou announces formation of eSports team

5h ago - According to the latest reports from Taiwan, superstar Jay Chou has announced the formation of hi... | PC

Arpiel – Nexon reveals opening trailer for upcoming short anime series

5h ago - Just before G-Star 2015 started, Nexon announced it is entering the anime/ cartoon business with... | PC

HotLiked - What the Internet is talking about right now

Now - Kill some time at You will regret it... | Promoted post

Bubble Genius - Tips, Tricks, Cheats, How to Beat, and Strategy Guide

14h ago - Bubble Genius is a new bubble shooting game for the iOS and Android platform. Your goal is to pop... | iPhone

BeatNiks - Tips, Tricks, Cheats, How to Beat, and Strategy Guide

14h ago - BeatNiks is a new virtual pet game by Harmonix, best known for the development of the Guitar Hero... | iPhone

Nintendo 3DS XL with Super Mario 3D Land Game: $129.99 (Reg. $174.99)

14h ago - Grab the Black Nintendo 3DS XL with Super Mario 3D Land Game for $129.99 at Amazon! Take... | 3DS