Submitted by mrbojingles 941d ago | rumor

Rumor: GameCube downloads confirmed for Wii U Virtual Console?

The latest issue of Retro Gamer says that GameCube games will be available on the Wii U Virtual Console. Is this an instance like where Black Ops 2 was revealed for the system by a Nintendo magazine months before it was actually revealed?

We'll have to wait to find out. (Nintendo, Wii, Wii U)

Hard to tell
Is this rumor true? Rumor votes 10
Y_5150  +   941d ago
Well this is going to obvious. Of course they are going to do it because WiiU isn't backup compatible with Gamecube disc. I would like to buy Mario Sunshine again on the WiiU virtual console or finally play veautiful Joe because it would be available on the virtual console. I see a bright future for Nintendo despite the media.
#1 (Edited 941d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Qrphe  +   940d ago
I REALLY hope the triggers are analog for this very reason (playing GC games).
NastyLeftHook0  +   941d ago
i dont see why not.
bad naruto  +   941d ago
next-generation console my a**
PopRocks359  +   941d ago
Hmm, stronger than current generation consoles, new controller with more inputs than previous consoles, social networking, reworked online infrastructure and some new games that you cannot play on the previous Nintendo console.

Seems next generation to me.
#3.1 (Edited 941d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
bad naruto  +   941d ago
"more inputs than previous consoles"

since when this was a next-generation feature.

"social networking"

LOL.

"some new games that you cannot play on the previous Nintendo console"

"Seems next generation to me"

Not sure about that buddy.
#3.1.1 (Edited 941d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(23) | Report
CommonSenseGamer  +   941d ago
Its next gen for Nintendo for sure. I don't understand why someone needs to get their nickers in a twist just because they think next gen means significantly more horsepower.

To be honest, if next gen meant more advanced AI then I've seen very little evidence of it this gen over previous gen games.
ChickeyCantor  +   941d ago
"since when this was a next-generation feature. "

Notice how "next-generation" is whatever you want it to be?

"hilarious, yeah because you can play PS3 games on ps2, and Xbox360 games on the Xbox."

Yet you called those next generation consoles.

You dense?
PopRocks359  +   941d ago
You're not really good at debating, are you?
nintendojunkie28  +   941d ago
lol...I was thinkin' the same thing.

"hilarious, yeah because you can play PS3 games on ps2, and Xbox360 games on the Xbox"

What is he talking about?!
PopRocks359  +   941d ago
I assume he's referring to the ports on the Wii U. I was talking about games like ZombiU and Pikmin 3, but whatever.
ElectricKaibutsu  +   941d ago
You're the worst naruto ever
AWBrawler  +   941d ago
Need some Preparation H to go with that butt hurt?

Seriously, Bad Naruto? (cool name by the way) those kind of comments are what make us gamers, as a discourse community, look bad.
richierich  +   941d ago
MGS Twin Snakes please
Shnazzyone  +   941d ago
that would be so sick.
FinalomegaS  +   941d ago
Will be cool if they are given at least an upscale feature.

Would like to see my GCN fire emblem in HD.. Would be nice
AWBrawler  +   941d ago
LOL that was my exact thought, and you stole it and posted it. Get out my mind, man.

@FatStarr

Hell yeah! give me TOS and Baten Kaitos
#5.1 (Edited 941d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
t0mmyb0y  +   941d ago
I've never understood how people take a 'Rumor' as confirmed or a confirmed rumor. If it's a rumor don't say it's confirmed!
FinalomegaS  +   941d ago
Dreams are always nice :)
#6.1 (Edited 941d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Benjamminkno  +   941d ago
Yea, i was gonna post that. They've already been talking about that. I have to say I loved Castlevania SotN on PS3. I wanna buy Rogue Leader and Eternal Darkness. Can we get over the "Nintendo sucks" religion? These haters are scared.
iamnsuperman  +   941d ago
I was going to say that as well. There is no such thing as a confirmed rumour. It is just a rumour.
fatstarr  +   941d ago
Gamecube had such a strong hidden potential lineup. id gladly buy some heavy hitters if it came out.

tales of symphonia and skies of arcadia plz.
Dr_Salvitor  +   941d ago
i really hope i can get tales of symphonia on download I've been looking for a gamecube copy for a year now with no luck.
fatstarr  +   940d ago
I know that feeling man, My disk 1 cracked

and Im not about to pay 99$ for it.
taquito  +   941d ago
baten kaitos 1 and 2 please in 1080p
along with eternal darkness

resident evil zero and 1 remake

metroid prime

all in 1080p with 8x AA please :)

cant wait for wii u
t0mmyb0y  +   941d ago
My friend has brought up Eternal Darkness on more than one occasion lol. Would be nice to finally be able to try it.
Qrphe  +   940d ago
Haven't you played those already on the Dolphin emulator with those settings?

Well man, you've gotta save up some coin sometime and upgrade from that GeForce 256
#8.2 (Edited 940d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
taquito  +   940d ago
i cant find the games anywhere, let someone borrow them long ago and never got em back :(

im rocking a gtx680, i-7 2600k and 12gb ddr3 1600, i can run 5 instances of dolphin, just don't have the games and i don't pirate them. i play all my wii games in 1080p 8x aa at 60 frames though, good times :)

rather wait for the official
#8.2.1 (Edited 940d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Qrphe  +   940d ago
Games are around $15-$20 tops online plus you get to keep a physical copy.

It sounds like you could run them on optimal settings (2112 vertical pixels with widescreen hack, SSAA + FXAA, and 16x AF), you know the Wii U (outdated on launch) won't be able to run them anything close to that.
#8.3 (Edited 940d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Chidori  +   941d ago
I look forward to FINALLY playing Wind Waker again.
deno  +   940d ago
resident evil remake and luigi's mansion. Sweet!!
gamerben  +   940d ago
I think it goes without saying really...

Project Root review | GameSpew

9m ago - "Bullet hell. That’s the term usually attributed to old-school scrolling shooters that feature an... | PC

Neverwinter: Underdark announced

36m ago - Arc games have today made an announcement about Neverwinter: Underdark . | PC

See what games are coming out in 2015

Now - Visit our release calendar to see what games are coming out in 2015. | Promoted post

Kaitou Joker’s 3DS Game Is A Traditional Platformer Mixed With Puzzle Elements

44m ago - Bandai Namco have shared a look at the upcoming 3DS game based on the series. | 3DS

PlayStation: From A to Z – The Letter “G”

1h ago - Ken McKown writes: The From A to Z series lets our editors go back and take a look at games from... | Retro

From Starved to Spoiled: Oculus, Valve and Sony Prepare for War in 2016

1h ago - VRFocus delivers an opinion piece on the VR landscape following the recent announcement of a rele... | PC