Submitted by john2 1030d ago | news

Abe's Oddysee HD - New Details - Pre-alpha stage, releasing next September on PC, XBLA, PSN

DSOGaming writes: "Oddworld Inhabitants revealed – a couple of minutes ago – at Eurogamer Expo the HD remake of Abe’s Oddysee. Before jumping to early conclusions, this is not a simple HD version of the Playstation 1 version. This is a full 3D platform game (played via a 2D perspective) in which players will be able to explore the backgrounds of it." (Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee HD, PC, PS Vita, PS3, Xbox 360)

Alternative Sources
NYC_Gamer  +   1030d ago | Well said
Very underrated platform franchise that never got the respect/success it deserved
#1 (Edited 1030d ago ) | Agree(28) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
K-F-C_1  +   1030d ago
Well Said,Bubble Up
xtreampro  +   1030d ago
Completely false, it definitely got the respect it deserved.
bubblebeam  +   1029d ago
It got the respect it deserved, but wasn't as popular as it should have been. One of my favourite games OF ALL TIME! I remember my brother playing this when I was younger, and it was amazing. You got to play as the bad guys. Blew my mind at the time.

Absolutely stoked when it was announced to have a face lift. Thought it was only on PSN until now. The more platforms it is on the better. Classic game, always hold a special place in my childish heart.
hkgamer  +   1029d ago
This game definitely got alot of respect and success.
Well in the UK it did anyway.

only played bits of the game and it seemed fun. Would work out great as a portable game.

I wonder how Sony lost the exclusivity rights to this franchise?
Bimkoblerutso  +   1030d ago
Whoa. I was just expecting some cleaned up sprites and widescreen, but it looks like they went from the ground up. Looking really, really good. Kinda sad to hear it's a YEAR away, though.
#2 (Edited 1030d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KwietStorm  +   1030d ago
I'm actually shocked that it's THAT far off
Blastoise  +   1030d ago
If we can't see Abe in all stars there should atleast be an Abe themed stage
#3 (Edited 1030d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
JohnApocalypse  +   1030d ago
Fuck that's a while away
SonyNGP  +   1030d ago
Now that's what I call a HD remake.
Kennytaur  +   1030d ago
PSVita version, wohoo!
Alos88  +   1030d ago
I'm glad they kept the original music, I love the soundtrack of the Abe games.
DivineAssault  +   1030d ago
Next September? like a yr from now? well, ill look into it nx yr then.. I love the series but no sense in getting hype over it if its a looooong way from now.. Its definitely going on my vita tho
CBaoth  +   1030d ago
I didn't expect to listen to all of it but damn
that was a breath of fresh air. I never knew EA was informally "threatened" by the Russian mob lol (listen to the Q&A at the end).
Merrill  +   1030d ago
Holy shit, another year until this is released!! Frigs sake.
NBT91  +   1030d ago
Yeah but to be fair its a pretty long game and they are remaking everything from the ground up. Its not like a normal HD upgrade, it looks like an entirely new game.
I mean did you see the footage at the end of the video? It looks good even if you disregard that it is a remake.
#10.1 (Edited 1030d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Godchild1020  +   1030d ago
I watched a bit of the video and the speakers (Don't know their names)mention a great bit of detail about why we started to see a great deal of titles come(ing) to digital rather than retail. The profit they see in digital is sometimes greater than what they would see in retail if the game doesn't sell as well.

I'm happy they are self publishing their own titles and can see a better profit for their hard work.

As for their games, it a day one once it hits the Vita. I rather play their games on the go.
#11 (Edited 1030d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Khronikos  +   1030d ago
New title is so many kinds of awful. Could that stupid ingame reference NOT just been put on the outside of the box as a sticker?
guitar_nerd_23  +   1030d ago
Looks awesome, even in alpha. A must buy for me!
taquito  +   1030d ago
make a new game you lazy a-holes!

anyone with a brain and 5 year old pc can play all these games, ps2 hd remakes included in "hd" and with far better performance and anti aliasing than these freaking over done remakes, stop re-selling us shit we already bought, this trash should be freaking free if you own the original, and of course, on pc, it is!

the only thing these "remakes" (that are actually just upscaled version of the same old shit) do in 90% of them is make you realize how crappy most games were back then.

at least this one looks like its used new assets, most don't even bother
#14 (Edited 1030d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Snookies12  +   1030d ago
Wha? This is completely redone from the ground up lol. It's not an HD remaster it's a remake.
RockmanII7  +   1029d ago
It is coming out on XBLA? I thought it was too large of a file for XBLA so MS wouldn't allow it, that's good to hear.
iHeartHelloKitty  +   1029d ago
4 Players Please!

StickTwiddlers Podcast 72: Mods & Medical Mishaps

1h ago - Alan, Ben and Jamie talk about the past, present and future of modding as well as how much you ca... | PC

Arcade Game Mechanosaur Hijacks the Moon Launching This Week On The App Store

1h ago - TTP:" A new really interesting arcade game is going to be released on the App Store this week, a... | iPhone

The Game You Can Never Play Again if You Die

Now - Upsilon Circuit is certainly shaping up to be one of the most interesting titles of, well, ever. Part videogame, part gameshow, all permadeath. | Promoted post

Multiplayer Game Battle Of Balls Now Available On The App Store

1h ago - TTP:" If you’re into simple casual games, there’s a good chance you know about Battle Of Balls, a... | iPhone

Tower Defense Game Tap Quest: Gate Keeper Now Available On The App Store

1h ago - TTP:" A really charming tower defense game is now available for download for free on the App Stor... | iPhone

BioShock Infinite Funko Pops Slated for October; GameStop Gets Songbird Exclusive Pop

1h ago - EB: Funko Pop! Vinyl fans can look forward to securing a new line of BioShock Infinite Funko Pop... | Culture