Submitted by john2 697d ago | news

Abe's Oddysee HD - New Details - Pre-alpha stage, releasing next September on PC, XBLA, PSN

DSOGaming writes: "Oddworld Inhabitants revealed – a couple of minutes ago – at Eurogamer Expo the HD remake of Abe’s Oddysee. Before jumping to early conclusions, this is not a simple HD version of the Playstation 1 version. This is a full 3D platform game (played via a 2D perspective) in which players will be able to explore the backgrounds of it." (Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee HD, PC, PS Vita, PS3, Xbox 360)

Alternative Sources
NYC_Gamer  +   697d ago | Well said
Very underrated platform franchise that never got the respect/success it deserved
#1 (Edited 697d ago ) | Agree(28) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
K-F-C_1  +   697d ago
Well Said,Bubble Up
xtreampro  +   697d ago
Completely false, it definitely got the respect it deserved.
bubblebeam  +   696d ago
It got the respect it deserved, but wasn't as popular as it should have been. One of my favourite games OF ALL TIME! I remember my brother playing this when I was younger, and it was amazing. You got to play as the bad guys. Blew my mind at the time.

Absolutely stoked when it was announced to have a face lift. Thought it was only on PSN until now. The more platforms it is on the better. Classic game, always hold a special place in my childish heart.
hkgamer  +   696d ago
This game definitely got alot of respect and success.
Well in the UK it did anyway.

only played bits of the game and it seemed fun. Would work out great as a portable game.

I wonder how Sony lost the exclusivity rights to this franchise?
Bimkoblerutso  +   697d ago
Whoa. I was just expecting some cleaned up sprites and widescreen, but it looks like they went from the ground up. Looking really, really good. Kinda sad to hear it's a YEAR away, though.
#2 (Edited 697d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KwietStorm  +   697d ago
I'm actually shocked that it's THAT far off
Blastoise  +   697d ago
If we can't see Abe in all stars there should atleast be an Abe themed stage
#3 (Edited 697d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
JohnApocalypse  +   697d ago
Fuck that's a while away
SonyNGP  +   697d ago
Now that's what I call a HD remake.
Kennytaur  +   697d ago
PSVita version, wohoo!
Alos88  +   697d ago
I'm glad they kept the original music, I love the soundtrack of the Abe games.
DivineAssault  +   697d ago
Next September? like a yr from now? well, ill look into it nx yr then.. I love the series but no sense in getting hype over it if its a looooong way from now.. Its definitely going on my vita tho
CBaoth  +   697d ago
I didn't expect to listen to all of it but damn
that was a breath of fresh air. I never knew EA was informally "threatened" by the Russian mob lol (listen to the Q&A at the end).
Merrill  +   697d ago
Holy shit, another year until this is released!! Frigs sake.
NBT91  +   697d ago
Yeah but to be fair its a pretty long game and they are remaking everything from the ground up. Its not like a normal HD upgrade, it looks like an entirely new game.
I mean did you see the footage at the end of the video? It looks good even if you disregard that it is a remake.
#10.1 (Edited 697d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Godchild1020  +   697d ago
I watched a bit of the video and the speakers (Don't know their names)mention a great bit of detail about why we started to see a great deal of titles come(ing) to digital rather than retail. The profit they see in digital is sometimes greater than what they would see in retail if the game doesn't sell as well.

I'm happy they are self publishing their own titles and can see a better profit for their hard work.

As for their games, it a day one once it hits the Vita. I rather play their games on the go.
#11 (Edited 697d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Khronikos  +   697d ago
New title is so many kinds of awful. Could that stupid ingame reference NOT just been put on the outside of the box as a sticker?
guitar_nerd_23  +   697d ago
Looks awesome, even in alpha. A must buy for me!
taquito  +   697d ago
make a new game you lazy a-holes!

anyone with a brain and 5 year old pc can play all these games, ps2 hd remakes included in "hd" and with far better performance and anti aliasing than these freaking over done remakes, stop re-selling us shit we already bought, this trash should be freaking free if you own the original, and of course, on pc, it is!

the only thing these "remakes" (that are actually just upscaled version of the same old shit) do in 90% of them is make you realize how crappy most games were back then.

at least this one looks like its used new assets, most don't even bother
#14 (Edited 697d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Snookies12  +   697d ago
Wha? This is completely redone from the ground up lol. It's not an HD remaster it's a remake.
RockmanII7  +   696d ago
It is coming out on XBLA? I thought it was too large of a file for XBLA so MS wouldn't allow it, that's good to hear.
iHeartHelloKitty  +   696d ago
4 Players Please!

New Pokken Tournament Details And Mock Roster

5m ago - Check out some new details about Pokken Tournament gathered from Tweets by lead Game Developer Ka... | Arcade

Blizzard brings new content to Diablo III

7m ago - Diablo III has just received a new patch in which a new seasonal mode has been added to the exper... | PC

Dragon Ball Xenoverse Playable & New Trailer at TGS

22m ago - Tokyo Game Show will occur from September 18th through to September 21st and Bandai Namco has jus... | Xbox 360

Stick It To The Man! launches on Xbox One today

23m ago - Stick It To The Man arrives on Xbox One today. | Xbox One

The Walking Dead Meets Spider-Man

Now - Come join us on Filmwatch this month as we give you a chance to win the Electro Collector's Edition of Amazing Spider-Man 2 or the Limited Edition... | Promoted post

Stardock’s CEO Calls Out Kotaku For Being Trolls, Games Media As Toxic

27m ago - One Angry Gamer "Well it was bound to happen sooner or later but someone finally had the balls to... | Industry