Submitted by alexcosborn 757d ago | opinion piece

5 Reasons Why Halo 4 Demands Your Attention This Holiday Season

GR: After having taken the time to speak with fellow gamers on what titles they're most excited for this year, I'm baffled by how rarely Halo 4 is mentioned. I hear titles like Assassin's Creed III, Borderlands 2, and even Dishonored, but surprisingly enough, 343 Industries' triple-A shooter hardly ever comes up. Does it have to do with the fact that Bungie's no longer at the helm? Are people really that tired of the franchise? Shouldn't that complaint be more appropriate for Call of Duty which has taken over the first-person shooter space? Whatever the reason, Master Chief's upcoming outing simply cannot be ignored. Why, you ask? I've got five compelling reasons to sway you. (Halo 4, Xbox 360)

dbjj12088  +   757d ago
All great reasons.im also surprised by the lack of hype anywhere outside the firmly entrenched fanboys. Of course, if I'm trying to speak with anyone outside of that demographic, N4G is the wrong place for it.
LOGICWINS  +   757d ago
Halo 4 looks great, but I wouldn't be willing to rebuy a 360 and pay for XBL just to play it...not this late in the generation.
Irishguy95  +   757d ago
I'm hoping my 360 doesn't break again before it comes out, I'll get a month of live for it
Blankman85  +   757d ago
Is that what the article suggested you do? Nope. I've come to expect rational responses from you and I know you won't disappoint me on this. I just need to know why you came into an xbox 360 only comment section to tell us that you don't have an xbox 360, and you're not gonna buy another one. What conversation where you hoping this revelation would start?
@killerhog, then you've never played halo because everybody knows you can play both online AND local multiplayer with Halo. Heck you can take your local 4 split-screen ONLINE WITH YOU to play against other people on xbox live.
@Outside the box most of the time, (even when he's saying something I disagree with) it makes sense and is relevant. This time just seems so random and trollish. When I said I usually don't disagree, I meant I usually don't click the disagree button because what he says makes alot of sense even when our opinions differ.
There was no sense or reason in this comment.
Seeing as Halo 4 isn't in your interest, why are you here?
#1.1.2 (Edited 757d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(7) | Report
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   757d ago
***"I usually don't disagree with you but you really came in here to tell us you're not gonna buy another xbox just for halo 4?"***

You don't agree with him now because it isn't in your best interest to do so lol. I'm not surprised at all that you agree with the majority of his comments.
Dms2012  +   757d ago
Then don't buy it, and don't comment.
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   757d ago
***"Seeing as Halo 4 isn't in your interest, why are you here?"***

Because the article gained my interest? Not that it actually matters why I'm here or not.

***"I meant I usually don't click the disagree button because what he says makes alot of sense even when our opinions differ."***

How can you not agree with something that makes sense?
#1.1.5 (Edited 757d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(9) | Report
LOGICWINS  +   757d ago
"I just need to know why you came into an xbox 360 only comment section to tell us that you don't have an xbox 360, and you're not gonna buy another one. What conversation where you hoping this revelation would start?"

I'm here because I'm a fan of the franchise and I enjoyed playing Halo 3 when I had a 360. Just because I'm a fan of Halo doesn't mean that I'm a fan of Microsoft.
Blankman85  +   757d ago
I'd say record pre order sales for the halo series speaks louder than hype.
Halo fans like to leave the talking to their wallets.
Close to 12 million Halo 3 sales speaks volumes in my opinion. Far louder than any hype.
#1.2 (Edited 757d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Captain Qwark 9  +   757d ago
halo 3 was a great game. i didnt car for odst or reach. very, very excited for halo 4 though, ill be there at midnight launch
killerhog  +   757d ago
In a multiconsole owner perspective (especially in the holidays) a local (party) and online multiplayer is a better idea. I would rather get playstation all-star battle royale.
Kalowest  +   757d ago
"a local (party) and online multiplayer is a better idea."
Halo 4 should be on your list then.
spicelicka  +   757d ago
halo has the best local and online multiplayer, specially local.
Dms2012  +   757d ago
As an orange lover, I prefer oranges over apples. In fact, I love oranges so very much that if there was an article online specifically about apples, for people that like apples, I would be a total jackass and post about how much I like oranges, and how everyone that likes apples are stupid.
Allsystemgamer  +   757d ago
So wait.

Making multiplayer maps WITH PEOPLE
2 Full co op campaigns with friends in 4 way split screen or online
Split screen versus/ 4 way splitscreen ONLINE

Doesn't sound like a good multiplayer experience?

Oh btw your trolling sucks because halo has everything an more you mentioned.

Want a brawler? Simple. SWORDS VS GRAVITY HAMMERS VS RAMMING VEHICLES PLUS NO GRAVITY IN A GIANT SPHERE WITH BOOBY TRAPS. How does that not sound fun as a split screen game??
#1.3.4 (Edited 757d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report
killerhog  +   757d ago
Trolling? So I should get a game, that only appeals to shooting fans; with characters that can only relate to fans of that series? Let alone in its fourth installment, over a new ip on the ps3? That makes perfect sense, because I only have shooting game (halo specific) fanatic friends, and all my friends are guys as well. Let me not get the game everyone can pick up and play, with characters from their prefer game/genre? Makes perfect sense. I especially love the imbecile, who did the orange and apple comparison, cause he's to slow to think outside the box. He failed to realize what the article was about, and my reason against it (article), as a multiple console owner with friends of different taste.

Yes I know all-star is a fighting game, but the characters are from different games/genres (preference) with different styles (radec shooting for example).
#1.3.5 (Edited 757d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(4) | Report
Bon Scott  +   757d ago
Sony fans lurk around every corner on this site trolling 360/halo articles because they're envious/jealous of the halo franchise...reason 1

halo pisses playstation kids off because it's sales are phenomenal.... reason 2

the series set the bar for first person shooters......reason 3

sony kids are mad because they want play it,but are closed minded and on n4g all day sniveling,buy halo 4 to help remedy that ......reason 4

resistance and killzone failed in every way to be successful like the halo series ....reason 5.

could give many more reasons but i'll stop at 5 like the article reads.

ahhhhh
great to own a 360

oh alright here's a 6th reason
there's nothing quite like the halo series with it's deep story,charaters,lore and classic gameplay that's quite unique from any other series.
#1.4 (Edited 757d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TongkatAli  +   757d ago
I just want my special edition 360.
alexcosborn  +   757d ago
That thing does look amazing :)
ChunkyLover53  +   757d ago
Could probably list 100 reasons why it demands attention. Cant wait!
alexcosborn  +   757d ago
w00t!
knifefight  +   757d ago
I'll bet I could eat a hundred copies of Halo 4.
FarCryLover182  +   757d ago
I can give you five reasons as to why I'm sick of lists and reasons.
alexcosborn  +   757d ago
I'd love to hear them.
kingslayer1000  +   757d ago
Milk
TheRealHeisenberg  +   757d ago
Every console is guilty of it. Do you need a list or are you done trolling?

Halo 4 is a day one purchase for me and is the game I have been looking forward to the most since it was announced.
Allsystemgamer  +   757d ago
I dont know if you've actually taken a look at the game but it offers as a sequel vastly more co tent than anything Sony has thrown at it's audience in terms of sequels. Not that they're bad games but if our talking milking a series halo 4 is definitely what a swirl should be. Not just a new story.
Shadonic  +   757d ago
How many final fantasys and god of wars or there or maybe ratchet anc clank ? Dosent really matter i mean theres a hundred mario games i dont see anyone saying milk there as long as they let the player have fun then there doing just fine. I mean even in just plain generic character or story design its all kind of milked they tweak things and change up the scenery but its all the same. At least thats what ive learned from my collage storytelling and writing classes.
young7yang  +   757d ago
5 reasons why i don't care

1. don't own an xbox any more
2. after seeing the gameplay its just more of the same
3. metroid prime 3, resistance 3 and killzone 3 all look and play better due to move and nunchuk support..
4. after seeing the game in action it finally looks pretty but its a little to late
5. finally Killzone 4 and Metroide prime 4 will be far better with the motion controls
aviator189  +   757d ago
Lol, you're kidding, right?

Nah, what's the point in getting into a pit with you..
Obviously, you haven't seen enough of Halo 4 to formulate decent opinions about it.

Out of all of your reasons, one is disturbing- "after seeing the gameplay its just more of the same." Well, answer me this. What have Killzone or Metroid done, through their sequels, that has changed the gameplay to a significant degree??

Now, in Halo 4, if you were keeping up with it, you'd know just how much 343i is changing things up in Halo 4 in departure to the previous Halo games.
#6.1 (Edited 757d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Allsystemgamer  +   757d ago
Just ignore his stupidity. Halo trolls have proven time and time again to be the dumbest people on the Internet.
Knight_Crawler  +   757d ago
1. Why are you in a 360 exclusive article if you do not own a 360 - the fact that your here shows that you have some interest in it but piss that you can not play it because of brand loyalty.

2. This reason is just pure trolling because Halo 4 has changed alot from H3 and Reach while still keeping the Halo feels that fans love...did you see what KZ3 did to the KZ community? KZ2 fans are pissed that they changed so much for the worst in KZ3 that the multiplayer is a ghost town.

3. None of those game you mentioned come close to the amount of content that Halo offers...eye candy is fine but I prefer gameplay and content over purty graphics.

4. Little too late for what...if you truly were a gamer you would atleast give this game some credit and move since your not getting it.

5.Can i please borrow your time machine...I really want to play Half Life Ep 3.
#6.2 (Edited 757d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Allsystemgamer  +   757d ago
And you CLEARLY stated your just a troll and have not seen anything of the game at all.

Not only that the resistance series has terrible graphics. Especially in motion.
#6.3 (Edited 757d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Shadonic  +   757d ago
Whats a move?
optimus  +   757d ago
The number 1 reason for me is Cortana... Call me crazy but it wouldn't surprise me if and when they decide to end this series that they somehow end up turning cortana into some kind of human organism that master chief can knock boots with and have a few little chiefs running around.
peowpeow  +   757d ago
What made it all the more funny is your username and pic, oh little optimus :P
young7yang  +   757d ago
but seriously!

Halo is way over hyped and really not that good. I know most of you on this website will disagree with me but i have to say it. Iv been gaming since the atari days and after playing every halo game with the best one being reach due to its atmosphere, they still did not compare to metroid prime, killzone, resistance, gears of war, binary domain and mass effect. all these games not only have a good multi player but good campains as well. of the ones ive mentioned Killzone 3 and metroid are my personal favorites.. Ill play this one at my friends when it comes out.. but it will have to be good in order for me to consider it as a purchase because every single halo game that came out before it, was way over hyped and in the end really sucked when compared directly to the competition.
#8 (Edited 757d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(18) | Report | Reply
QuantumWake  +   757d ago
Killzone? Really? I mean the game sure does look good. But I've played both extensively and in terms of multiplayer content there are only a few FPS games that really match Halo. It offers a WIDE variety of gametypes. Forge being one of the pieces that makes Halo so unique.

Ah well, to each his/her own.
#8.1 (Edited 757d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Knight_Crawler  +   757d ago
Thats what some people do not understand...Halo offers so much content that it feels like you under paid for the game.

I use to think that Halo was over rated and people were just over hyping it until I player H3 which was my first Halo game and I was hooked, first game where I played the single player campaign 5 times and passed it - some times I find my self just messing with the replay camera and spending hours just floating around and looking at what was going on in the battlefield :)

People saying that Halo is over hype have not played Halo or giving it a chance.
#8.1.1 (Edited 757d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report
h311rais3r  +   757d ago
Uh. No. You young one are a liar. The halo series has always set boundaries with content and has proven time and time again to be one of the best shooters. And in the above u stated halo plays like more of the same then went and mentioned killzone? Killzone 2/3 are EXACTLY the same.

You obviously started gaming this generation and are a child because mature people don't act like you. And if they do have fun playing scrabble with your mom in her basement. Oh and tell her to get you a razor so you can Atleast get rid of the neck beard. And get yourself a bag of Cheetos. Maybe you'll die of a heart attack so we don't have to deal with your crap.
#8.2 (Edited 757d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
GearSkiN  +   757d ago
@Young7yang. Sounds to me u need to play more games to actually understand halo and how u just compared it to Binary Domain ... played KZ the game looks good but not the story or gameplay.
#8.3 (Edited 757d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
young7yang   757d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(4)
etowntwo  +   757d ago
It's a shame that Halo doesn't seem to be getting the hype it deserves.

Maybe it's because MS has put out a yearly Halo every year.... But this one seems to be by far the best one yet, and the best value too for your money.

Oh well... I know this is my number one game I'm looking forward to this year. Day 1 for me.
munish23  +   757d ago
I have a feeling the marketing will start to ramp up soon. The FUD series starts very soon, and well probably see quite a few TV ads pretty soon as well. With the campaign blowout this past week it seems like the marketing gears are starting to turn.
Adropacrich2  +   757d ago
This might just be the Halo sequel that gets it very right in all respects. Each of the Bungie sequels were exceptionally done but not consistently so. Halo3 for example is bloody brilliant at times but it also has poorer sections. This applies to each of the excellent sequels too despite still being much better examples of this genre than others manage

ODST is the Bayonetta of Halo sequels however despite being relatively short and once you give the game a real chance, it's really bloody good

Halo1 pretty much nailed it though and I'm glad this appears to be 343's greater influence this time
munish23  +   757d ago
ODST was an exceptional campaign. Playing that in the dark with surround sound and that music....just wow.
Adropacrich2  +   757d ago
Yeah definitely, it's a classy game. Well realised likeable characters and brilliant, gorgeous moody music. It's one of a kind and my personal favourite Halo sequel. People judged it on rash initial reactions but most would have ended up liking it very much it they looked past these- people like to think they're always right of course
#11.1.1 (Edited 757d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report
OrKuun  +   757d ago
My five reasons:

1. H
2. A
3. L
4. O
5. 4
GearSkiN  +   757d ago
Lan party Marathon before halo 4 midnight release!!

Samurai Warriors 4 Interview: Porting The Game To PS4 'Was Not As Difficult As First Anticipated'

10m ago - Omega Force's Akihiro Suzuki talks about the recently release hack and slash adventure. | PS3

The Oddities of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS’ Menu System

11m ago - GameKoop contributor Mike McMahon writes, "After months of eager anticipation, the newest entry i... | 3DS

Lauren 'Pansy' Scott's Rumble in the West predictions

11m ago - The caster tips SchoolBus to triumph at the big World of Tanks tournament in Poland this weekend. | PC

Hands On With The Pokémon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire Demo - Siliconera

11m ago - "The Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire demo opens with Steven and you (preset to the male prota... | 3DS

Start Making Games for the PS4

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call: Limited Edition Discounted On Best Buy

13m ago - The limited edition of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call, the new rhythm game based on the F... | 3DS