Submitted by Nimblest-Assassin 942d ago | news

TGS: New PlayStation 3 Model Is Official

Sony's never been that great about keeping redesigned video game hardware a secret, so it's no surprise that the much rumored PlayStation 3 model debuted this evening at Tokyo Game Show. (PS3, Sony, Tokyo Game Show)

Alternative Sources
ThePsychoGamer  +   942d ago
Pricing seems a bit weird, I would think they would want to release models with very little memory to be able to sell them at the lowest possible price while allowing gamers to upgrade the hard drive when needed.
-Alpha  +   942d ago
I was really hoping for a price drop. How many new owners seriously need 500 GB at the end of the generation? Seems like now would have been the best time to cash in with a really low price and a modest harddrive size. I really did think low priced hardware bundles was going to be their big thing for the holidays, I'm actually pretty surprised. Why does only Europe get the 12 Gig?
#1.1 (Edited 942d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
LordMe  +   942d ago
I agree. And since I have a PS3 I can upgrade to a 1TB HDD for cheaper then buying this one.
wicko  +   942d ago
I'm getting close to my limit on a 320GB that I installed - but I deleted some install data for games I won't ever play again.
Rumor  +   942d ago
Yeah How about a price drop? I'm like 98.34 % sure people won't actually use a half of a terabyte Sony!

Actually I could care less. I have my ps3 already.
Xof  +   942d ago
The 360 and Wii may be over, but the PS3's generation is far from over. It's 2012 and 2013 line-ups are just as strong if not stronger than any other year in its life-span.

Just because YOU want the generation to be over so you can masturbate to shinier graphics does not mean the rest of the world is.
CDzNutts  +   941d ago
Who said we were at the end of a generation?

;-)
dboyc310  +   942d ago
F**k YEA!!!!!! Digging them ill be getting myself the 500gb one. Was also hoping for a price drop but who knows maybe they'll announce the 12gb close to the holiday season.
Jamzluminati  +   942d ago
Really Sony? Why didn't you release the 12 flash in the US? Most Americans are easily fooled by the price, so you need to go for their ass.

WAIT! Sony is gonna let this launch at the beginning of Oct, thus after seeing how it goes for almost 2 months(Black Friday week), they will drop the prices to 199 for the bundle and we'll probably get the flash version too.
#1.3 (Edited 942d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Relientk77  +   942d ago
The new PS3 looks awesome, and I love the bigger hard drive
Xof  +   942d ago
I like the white model (I've liked all the white models of every gaming console, actually; shame most of 'em stay in Japan).

But I'm not very fond of the "ridges" on the top. Or the fact that there are still only two USB ports. Seriously, Sony, you were too cheap to do more than 2 USB ports? They cost next to nothing!
dark-hollow  +   942d ago
I thought the point is to make them cheaper not the opposite.
Especially this late of this gen.
#3 (Edited 942d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DivineAssault  +   942d ago
i put a 500GB in mine years ago.. They shouldve released the flash memory 16GB so ppl can do continue doing that
RmanX1000  +   942d ago
Since i dont own a PS3 that 500 GB is looking awfully nice.
wastedcells  +   942d ago
The hd space is for ps plus?
SaffronCurse  +   942d ago
Here are better pics

George Sears  +   942d ago
So they raised the price of it.....
#8 (Edited 942d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
thawind  +   942d ago
where the hell is the cd insert?
IHateYouFanboys  +   942d ago
correct me if im wrong because i dont live in America so im not 100% sure about USA prices, but with those prices, there isnt a price drop.....theres actually a price RISE?!
#10 (Edited 942d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ShadowGhost  +   942d ago
Nothing changed in price except the Uncharted 3 bundle that comes along with the new super slim PS3 for $20 extra. Everything is still $250/$300.

I still think Sony should have dropped the price though.
the new king 74  +   942d ago
While its great to see the PS3 slim slim #forrealrealnotforplayplay - my biggest gripeis the lack of a price drop. I thought it would be $149 this Christmas. But from a business standpoint Sony has to recoup from it's massive losses this gen and I'm sure theyre selling this at a profit now.
LNDCalling  +   942d ago
Hmmm.. wonder if they have kept the pricing similar because they are going to also reveal a new feature set for the PS3 i.e. Revised Store, OS perhaps and maybe even Game and/or Demo streaming (Gaikai)?

If they are it would make sense that they hold the price.. for the time being at least!
GearSkiN  +   942d ago
Sweet time to get the older slim maybe it will dropa lil more!
josephayal  +   942d ago
Another PS3 SYSTEM in my Collection
StreetsofRage  +   941d ago
Possibly the dumbest idea yet. What were you thinking Sony?

I bet this was supposed to be a cheaper model but since the gaming division is such a financial disaster they had to try to release this at a higher price than they wanted. They know that they can bleed a few more gamers out there before they lower the price. Just look at the sucker above me.
#15 (Edited 941d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply

Sound Is Your Guide In Obedient Echo On Oculus VR Share

9m ago - VRFocus - One thing virtual reality (VR) is constantly bringing us is different controls schemes... | PC

Hisako Spooks the Competition - Killer Instinct Character Breakdown

19m ago - Iron Galaxy’s ‘Ghost Girl’ has arrived and newcomer Hisako is scary. Iron Galaxy went all in with... | Xbox One

See what games are coming out in 2015

Now - Visit our release calendar to see what games are coming out in 2015. | Promoted post

The Order 1886 Photo Mode Proves It´s Worth Your Time Again

28m ago - Pick of 29 screenshots taken using new photo-mode shows amazing details and body destruction. | PS4

Unity on New Nintendo 3DS Will Utilise Latest Version of the Engine at Launch

34m ago - NL: ''Earlier this week Unity Technologies confirmed that its engine will support the New Nintend... | Industry

Casual iOS Playthrough Power Rangers Dash

1h ago - Next up on Casual iOS Playthrough your host, Killatia, plays Power Ranger Dash, a recently releas... | iPhone