Submitted by Nercay 1045d ago | opinion piece

Amazing games at amazing prices

It's always great finding a bargain! We've listed a few games that no gamer should miss, all that are very, very cheap! (PS3, Xbox 360)

Relientk77  +   1045d ago
Some good games on this list

Bioshock
Enslaved: Odyssey to the west
Vanquish
#1 (Edited 1045d ago ) | Agree(21) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
toxic-inferno  +   1045d ago
Bioshock is certainly the highlight of this list, for me anyway. Honestly one of the best game's I've ever played, and I bought it for next to nothing!
FarCryLover182  +   1044d ago
It is pretty good, but if it's one of the best games that you've ever played, I bet you wish that you got it when it came out in 2007 and paid full price instead of waiting a few years...if you did get it for almost next to nothing.
cruxito  +   1044d ago
Bioshock was a big Sleeper for me, i was so immersed in the world of Rapture, i really loved that game. Vanquish maaan people complaing about not new IP but then when somehting comes out people jsut dont buy it, vanquish was fun.
Irishguy95  +   1044d ago
Vanquish was awesome, i'm glad MGRising is bringing back some things I loved about it.
toxic-inferno  +   1044d ago
@ FarCryLover182

Oddly enough, I didn't choose to wait a few years in the hope of it coming down in price. I was really put off by the demo at release (it doesn't really give you an idea of the story, which is key to Bioshock, nor does it let you really experiment with combat methods), and so didn't bother with the game until about 18 months ago.
pixelsword  +   1044d ago
Vanquish was pretty good, I like how you could slide for a jillion miles for some reason.
Relientk77  +   1044d ago
Yea the game had some really cool stuff
Welshy  +   1044d ago
I know it's not on the list, but i picked up Dark Sector for £6 at the weekend, and man do i love that game.

I remember when it first came out, i took a chance on it and just bought it off the shelf without knowing anything about it, was totally blown away.

I love finding great title you sold/never got round to for dirt cheap and just have a blast.

A part of me thinks gaming that way all the time would be great, pay hardly any money and don't suffer any disappointment from hype that often builds too much on a title at first release then let's you down.
NastyLeftHook0  +   1044d ago
Vanquish is so underrated!
cruxito  +   1044d ago
yuuuup, it has a good campaign, worth every penny i paid for it. I mean Dantes Inferno was a mess to begin with, and sold 5 times the amount that shouldnt have had. DMC4 terrible game but sells proved otherwise that it was good entry lol.
showtimefolks  +   1044d ago
Bioshock
Vanquish
Enslaved

All 3 must play for all gamers

Not sure about Dante inferno heard it has a lot of camera issues for anyone that has played it could you please give quick yes or not and why to play or not to play

Thanks I don't trust reviewers so fellow gamers to rescue
Laxman  +   1044d ago
Id say yes for Dante's Inferno.

It has a pretty great storyline if you're interested in the whole heaven/hell thing, and the enemey and Hell desings are awesome! Some of the demons are wonderfully realised.

Good combat if you dont mind button mashing (similar to God of War, DMC etc.).

Very mature game, in essentially every sense.

Its not game changing for the genre, but its definitely entertaining and memorable.
showtimefolks  +   1044d ago
Kurt Russell  +   1044d ago
Dantes is a fun hack and slash romp. Excellent combat, but not the most replayable game.
Lovable  +   1044d ago
Rainbow Moon! People this is ONLY $15 dollars, but it beats any of those $60 dollars game. This is an amazing game!!!
stuntman_mike  +   1044d ago
@Relientk77

those 3 are some of my favorite games too,
I thought Enslaved was awesome and love vanquish. bioshocks atmosphere was awesome too and the design of the city was excellent cant wait for infinite.
Relientk77  +   1044d ago
Bioshock Infinite looks awesome
prototypeknuckles  +   1045d ago
These are all good games(except for enslaved), and theryer dirt cheap
Laxman  +   1044d ago
Enslaved is one of the very best on the list.
j-blaze  +   1044d ago
agreed enslaved was trash...a bought it because of the cinematics and characters as the reviews described them to be FREAKING AMMMAZING!!1!.. guess what? they were terrible, not to mention the game has other problems like frame rate, screen tearing, automatic climbing with very clunky and simplistic combat and after you finish the 6hrs game "god that stupid ending -_-" you will never go back to replay again.... the list imo should be like this:
Nier
Vanquish
Bioshock
Bayonetta
Resonance of Fate
Shadows of The Damned

these are a must play for all gamers!
#2.2 (Edited 1044d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
Godmars290  +   1045d ago
Thing is the reason they're at amazing prices is because they didn't get the reception - the initial sales - which they probably deserved.

Except maybe for Bioshock.
Roccetarius  +   1044d ago
Well, Enslaved got the sales it deserved.
Godmars290  +   1044d ago
I don't think it was a bad game persay, but more and more I'm of the opinion that Team Ninja has too much of an ego. Even with Heavenly Sword they weren't simply making a game but changing how they'd be made. It was the same with Enslaved and we're seeing it yet again with DmC.

They really need to learn some humility and stop thinking they're all that, because they're not.
Rip-Ridah  +   1044d ago
@Godmars290

Just so we're clear, Team Ninja is the development team behind the Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive series. Ninja Theory is responsible for the 2007 Heavenly Sword & more recent Enslaved games. I know, I know...Ninjas everywhere these days!
Nercay  +   1045d ago
@Godmars290 That's true, it's sad that these games didn't get the sales they deserved but i guess that will always be the case with games! :(
wishingW3L  +   1045d ago
if only Vanquish would have been 60 frames the slow-mo effect would have looked way cooler. ;(
pixelsword  +   1044d ago
Matrix effect. Very nice.

Ratchet and Clank and Resistance 1 & 2 had a 60fps slowdown (clank + Deadeye hyperfocus) and it was beautiful.
#5.1 (Edited 1044d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ElasticLove  +   1045d ago
I really tried to like Enslaved, but the game is just bland to me. Yeah the story was decent, but everything else was very lackluster. Gameplay was boring, the characters were uninteresting, environments in the game was just plain ugly, and the enemy ai even on high difficulty was a piece of cake. Like I said before I really wanted to like Enslaved, but it just didn't click for me.

Other than that, great list of games.
#6 (Edited 1045d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
pixelsword  +   1044d ago
I'm glad this game is for sale at a low price and I will probably get it now. I do love the fact that they focus on gameplay and story instead of multiplayer because I don't think some games should have multiplayer. I don't know the story of Enslaved, but I do trust that the story will be one that I will enjoy.

Ninja Theory earned my respect with Heavenly Sword and I know they are competent developers. Having said that, I just didn't believe they could make a game that look and preform worse than a game they had out previously, but in my likely worthless opinion they did.

I don't know why they used the Unreal engine instead of their own custom engine like they did for Heavenly Sword. Their work in Enslaved did not hold a candle to Heavenly Sword. I was very excited for Enslaved up until I finished the demo and then I just shook my head and deleted the file. My relative that was there with me didn't even want to try the demo, if memory serves.

Enslaved was so underwhelming compared to Heavenly Sword I wondered why did they even put that out knowing how it looked and how did they think people who played or seen the first game will react to their second one positively?

Yeah, yeah; the gameplay is the principal thing when it comes to games, but even that wasn't challenging. when you were on the flying vehicle, you could not fall off, so there was no challenge there. There weren't any advanced tricks to learn, unlike Heavenly Sword, plus the variety was limited (Heavenly Sword had an almost endless variety of combo variants).

I didn't have to want to like Enslaved: Since Ninja Theory made it, I already loved it before I played the demo. They made me fall out of love for the game. That's hard for me to do. Even when Halo ODST was a big disappointment for me, there was still enough "Bungie" in it to make me like the game overall.

I'm still looking forward to DmC because I know that Ninja Theory can make very intricate and beautiful games with engaging characters and gripping storylines; but I hate to admit that Enslaved did not appear to be one of them.

Hopefully I'm wrong and this game will change my mind.
#6.1 (Edited 1044d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
neilmar420  +   1044d ago
i agree 100% i heard it was an easy platinum but i just couldnt take it. it was soooooo boring!
RustedMan  +   1044d ago
characters were uninteresting? environments were ugly?
what game were -you- playing?

The very reason why I enjoyed Enslaved's brilliantly realized world is -because- of the refreshing level design and (gasp!) colorful world.

how is Andy Serkis as Monkey uninteresting?
#6.3 (Edited 1044d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
beerkeg  +   1044d ago
I thought Enslaved was a good game, but for me it was let down by the terrible frame rate. It's something that really gets on my nerves with games, if it's just once in a while I don't mind it too much but with Enslaved it was pretty consistent.

I never did finish it.
Lord_Sloth  +   1044d ago
I was going to check out Enslaved, but then they announced DmC.
Snookies12  +   1044d ago
LOL! Ehh though, I tried Enslaved and it wasn't anything special from what I could tell. Kinda fun, but not something I'd buy. DmC only cemented that reasoning for me. NT will never get any of my money.
-MD-  +   1044d ago
I loved Enslaved.
jsslifelike  +   1044d ago
Agreed. Enslaved is one of the best unsung gems of this generation.
DeusExer  +   1044d ago
Good for all us fans of Monkey Magic out there!
nevin1  +   1044d ago
"The gameplay is very similar to the God of War franchise but it’s a thousand times more gruesome and weird"

Is that true? more gruesome than GOW?
Cajun Chicken  +   1044d ago
It's basically GoW2.5. It sits next to the GoW games in my collection. Really hope we get a sequel one day.

And yes. It's a lot more...adult. Especially in the circle of Lust.
TheRichterBelmont  +   1044d ago
Loved Nier and Enslaved. Good list.
#10 (Edited 1044d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
mt  +   1044d ago
the first time I saw the thumbnail I saw nariko. =)
tweet75  +   1044d ago
you can save an immense amount of money if your gaming is 6 months behind. alot of great games drop 50 percent or more after about 6 months or less.
DivineAssault  +   1044d ago
Bargain Bin Banishment.. They all suck & hold no value
TheRacingX  +   1044d ago
too busy with Kinect adventures??
DivineAssault  +   1044d ago
lol kinect games hold just as little to no value as these
NeoTribe  +   1044d ago
Enslaved was complete trash that deserved to fail and bankrupt the company. Anyone who thinks enslaved is good must not play many good games and def has not played uncharted. Play uncharted series than go play enslaved.
ZoyosJD  +   1044d ago
I've played both. Both have colorful, wide variety of environments and great voice acting. Enslaved's story has better premise, but Uncharted has better execution. Uncharted has a edge in climbing and gameplay mechanics.

Yeah, Uncharted was better, but in the opinion of myself and many others the uncharted series had the best game in the last decade.

Is it fair to compare Enslaved to Game of the Decade material?

If Uncharted is just a "good" game you don't know what a bad game is.
Camb31691  +   1044d ago
@NeoTribe: I only disagreed because I literally started playing Enslaved yesterday and while I feel it has weird pacing. It is not "trash." I've had a lot of fun with it. Though I do agree that it borrowed a lot of elements from Uncharted. Uncharted series is amazing, but when I play Enslaved, it's the story. It's not the best game ever made but, it isn't trash.
#15 (Edited 1044d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Roccetarius  +   1044d ago
Enslaved's story was not really anything special. It was a dumbed down version of another (better) story.

The combat wasn't great either.
TheLastGuardian  +   1044d ago
I've been buying games like crazy the past few months. Over 35 games and a PS Vita. Just recently I bought Demon's Souls, Fallout 3, BattlField: BC, Bayonetta, Singularity, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Mortal Kombat Vita, Dirt 3, Skate 3, BulletStorm, MotorStorm Apocalypse, Rayman Origins (an extra copy to keep sealed), Child of Eden and Heavenly Sword all at super low prices. My backlog is enormous.
#16 (Edited 1044d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Silly gameAr  +   1044d ago
Damn, I already have those.
Nercay  +   1044d ago
At least you haven't missed out ha-ha! We'll be writing another list at some point in the future too. It's crazy that Enslaved has such a divide in people that like it and that don't!
Dark_Overlord  +   1044d ago
Does that mean you're the author of the article?

If so, one suggestion I'd make for improvement, is to provide a link to an online retailer with a decent price tag :) Then if people are interested they won't have to scour websites for the best price :)

P.S wheres Deus Ex HR? That games very cheap everywhere :D
#17.1.1 (Edited 1044d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report
optimus  +   1044d ago
I really don't get the appeal of bioshock, i found the game slow and boring. Out of all the weapons they give you i found myself using 3 regularly. One of the worst games of the year for me. I didn't even bother with 2.
kma2k  +   1044d ago
If you stuck with Bioshock you were rewarded, the story is what sticks out in that game. Honestly Bioshock 2 wasnt very good you didnt miss out on anything there really.
optimus  +   1044d ago
I did stick with it, i played the good guy roll and all i can remember from the ending (spoiler) is all the little girls coming back to help...i couldn't really get into the story as a lot of it required you to listen to the audio which tend to be loong clips. So it's hard to listen to those while you're being attacked and all kinds of noises are happening...

Sure i can go back and listen to the tapes through the menu to try to make sense of it, but that meant making an already long and boring game even longer and more boring...needless to say it didn't leave me with much of an incentive to play it again for the 2nd ending.
kma2k  +   1044d ago
Thats funny ive actually played all of the, & have to agree they are all good games!
gamebizwire1234  +   1044d ago
Goodjob adding Nier!
ziggurcat  +   1044d ago
i really enjoyed enslaved... it's sad that more people didn't buy this game.
Kos-Mos  +   1044d ago
It`s so Amazing!

China Eliminates Console Restrictions: Which Company Benefits Most?

6m ago - Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft are in a constant regional battle to sell units. What will the rece... | PS4

Codemasters Birmingham delivers the sense of speed in 'F1 2015' - Examiner

6m ago - F1 2015 is its first iteration on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This means beautiful visuals an... | PS4

A Closer Look at Cuphead

Now - Its aesthetic and theme is inspired by classic 1930s-era animation from Fleischer Studios, classic Disney and notably, Ub Iwerks (Mickey Mouse) and... | Promoted post

Interview: MetaNet Software Talks N++, Delays, and the future of the N series

6m ago - Gaming Conviction talks with Mare Sheppard of MetaNet Software about N++ and the future of the N... | PS4

Skylanders Superchargers Preview – Get Ready to Ride in Style (UpItHQ)

6m ago - Getting a Skylanders Superchargers preview was a dream come true. This game is a step up for the... | Wii

Crookz: The Big Heist Preview (Invision Game Community)

7m ago - ‘Crookz: The Big Heist’ is a tactical strategy game developed by Kalypso and SkillTree Studios th... | PC