Submitted by benjimino 1055d ago | opinion piece

Are We Ready For Uncharted 4?

Since 2007, one franchise in particular has been at the forefront of high-quality, action packed single player adventure. The Uncharted series has been a defining game of this generation, showcasing an immense technical prowess for the PlayStation 3, as well as bringing singleplayer gaming closer to film than any other franchise out there. The third instalment to the series was released back in 2011, and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception was met with some criticism in regards to a potentially aging formula. Are we ready for an Uncharted 4? (Naughty Dog, PS3, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception)

Sizzon  +   1055d ago
Not until next gen, but next gen, the first game I want from ND is a Jak 4.
Xof  +   1055d ago
Sorry, what?

You don't want an Uncharted game this generation. Or a Jak game this generation.

Why is it so many gamers seem to want LESS games instead of MORE games? I don't get it.

Why wouldn't anyone want Naughty Dog to release another PS3 game? It's not like doing so would prevent them from ever working on a PS4/whatever game in the future. Yikes.
Sizzon  +   1055d ago
The Last of Us next year, can't wait, but then they can start work on developing for the PS4, wether it be Jak 4 or Uncharted 4 :D
RivetCityGhoul  +   1055d ago
its called over-saturation, i think everyone here would agree that uncharted 3 could have been saved to next gen, we really didn't need it this gen.
Monkeycan8  +   1055d ago
I want it to be a PS4 launch Title just think. E3 2014 PS4 is about to launch this holiday season. Big screens black all you hear is a a man breathing heavy and his foot steps as he is running. Then you see a light at the end of a tunnel. You get the end of it see Drake Jump into the bright sunlight with PS4 Graphics. Blackscreen. Uncharted music starts playing. Then the logo appers Uncharted 4: Drakes blah blah. Only on Playstation 4. Or not.
b163o1  +   1055d ago
Its doesn't matter when they drop UC4, it could be this Gen, Or Next Gen. The main thing I'm looking for is a great story, like UC2.
#1.1.4 (Edited 1055d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report
Biggest  +   1055d ago
I was ready for Uncharted 4 as I completed Uncharted 3. I love the series and want as much of it as Naughty Dog can produce.
himdeel  +   1055d ago
New IPs is what I want, although if they ND gives me a new Uncharted on the PS4 I wont say no.
srcBFMVBMTH  +   1055d ago
Uncharted 4, Killzone 4, Infamous 3, Gran Turismo 6, and a few new IP's as well would make a killer PS4 launch lineup.

But honestly, I wouldn't mind them reviving a couple of their old IP's as well. Legend of Dragoon, MediEvil, Syphon Filter, and Primal come into mind :)
dboyc310  +   1055d ago
I actually am. Though I didn't enjoy Drakes Deception as much I'm still a fan of the series. Never gets old. Here's hoping they tackle the lost city of Atlantis and bring back Cutter and Chloe. I'll be expecting it as a launch title for PS4 so I know the presentation will be AMAZING. Let's just bring back the good story with good character development,supernatural monsters, and a girl villain thats both sexy and dangerous. Always hoping for the best.
#1.3 (Edited 1055d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Carl_Shocker  +   1055d ago
Maybe for the PS4

What I would want from it though is to go back to what made U2 so great...not saying U3 wasn't good I just thought focusing on just Sully and Drake blocked out other characters,

I would like to finally see a game based around Drakes and Elenas relationship without cutting out other characters with small roles, like Elena should be with Drake at the beginging and get involved straight away with his next adventure instead of coming into it half way through like she always does.

Maybe the flashbacks would fill in the gaps of Elenas and Drakes relationship

Why did they break up after Drakes Fortune
Why did they break up after Among Thieves
Did they get married or engaged
What was the wedding like if they had one
Have they been on other smaller adventures
How does Elena know Charlie Cutter

I think it would be good if they tried to add some emotional plotlines to the game like maybe Elena tells Drake she can't get pregnant and will never be able to have a child with him...thats mainly because I don't want to see their child in this as I think it would ruin Uncharted and the characters personalities.

I would like the online to go back to what it was like in U2...two starter weapons, two boosters, two grenade slots with a starter grenade and just your skill. They should focus on expanding the character customization and maybe add some custom pain jobs on your starting guns. Just get rid of kickbacks, loadouts, upgradable boosters, weapon mods....just add an U3 mode and people will be fine. There main focus though should be an U2 like mode.
Philoctetes  +   1055d ago
I agree that I'd like to see more Elena and flesh out some of that backstory a bit.

That said, I loved U1, U2, and U3 almost equally, and I'd definitely buy a U4 even if it was just more of the same.
prototypeknuckles  +   1055d ago
ps4 launch title, let it rest and not be like god of war
BitbyDeath  +   1055d ago
Why would you not want it to be awesome like God of War?
prototypeknuckles  +   1055d ago
it should take a break and build up hype unlike god of war, it be to soon for a sequel or in god of wars case a prequel to a prequel, dont get me wrong i love god of war i have all the games but god of war 3 just came out in 2010, origins collection 2011, and no ascension in 2013 and its practically the same game which is good but lets be honest what is ascensions adding to the series besides multiplayer.
patriotZero  +   1055d ago
UNCHARTED 4 FOR PS4
patriotZero  +   1055d ago
UNCHARTED 4 PS4
majiebeast  +   1055d ago
A launch title for the ps4 would be a good idea. With last of us and last guardian closing of the ps3 era go out with a bang.
ChunkyLover53  +   1055d ago
Sure, why not? I know I'd buy it.
ziggurcat  +   1055d ago
i wouldn't mind so much if another one came out this generation, but i think it'd be best to wait until the next playstation is on the market.
#8 (Edited 1055d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
wiiu_peeu  +   1055d ago
i want it2be for ps4 and really shw wat next gen games should look like.
yewles1  +   1055d ago
Let ND stick to their pattern... *awaits Unkarted*
Yangus  +   1055d ago
Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Uncharted 4 ps4?

I think enough...need new AAA title ND ps4.

God of War my favorite ps title.But look..

God of War 1
God of War 2
God of War 3
God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
God of War: Ascension
God of War Collection
God of War Collection Volume II
God Of War Saga Collection

I think ps4 need many fresh new AAA IP..I think..
#11 (Edited 1055d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(16) | Report | Reply
Ryo-Hazuki  +   1055d ago
It's Sony they will always have fresh new IP's. Uncharted, Infamous, Heavy Rain, Beyond, Last of Us, Puppeteer, Rain, Little Big Planet, Starhawk, Tokyo Jungle, and I know I'm missing some more but those were all new IP's this generation coming from Sony.

As for the topic. Sony should wait and will wait until PS4. ND team #1 is working possibly on U4 for PS4, Sucker Punch is working on a PS4 title, Guerrilla games is working on a PS4 title, and Santa Monica is working on a PS4 title as well.
#11.1 (Edited 1055d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
HeavenlySnipes  +   1055d ago
The PSP games and shit were to aid the system. They weren't main entries. Its like calling those Mario Party games Super Mario titles

The collections are not new games, they are the same damn games bundled to save people money -__-

PS3 is having 2 GOW games, PS2 had 2 also

OT though, I would rather ND let Uncharted be forgotten for now and annouce a sequel like 2 years into the PS4's life time. Let the franchise breathe
smashcrashbash  +   1055d ago
Another long story from gamers about which game should take a break and which game should never be made again and when they should make a game again and all sorts of the usual tripe. There are hundreds of games on the market that have been so over used that it probably would be better if they NEVER made another one again but somehow we always hear about how GOW and Uncharted should stop or take a break.Who cares how many times it is made as long as it is a good game? There are games that have reached six or seven plus sequels and people still run out and buy them with the same enthusiasm and are ready to buy the next one without hesitation.I'll bet no one is complaining that the next Gears or Halo should have waited for the next Xbox before it was made.
Omar91  +   1055d ago
absolutely not. I a bit tired of ND only sticking with uncharted this gen. Im glad they are moving on for now and making the last of us. its a different environment but at the same time having some of that uncharted feel to it. I rather see uncharted 4 next gen to.
NastyLeftHook0  +   1055d ago
i would buy 2 copies! day 1.
x5exotic  +   1055d ago
UC 2 sucked. 2*2 = 4 so maybe UC4 will suck twice as much :/ But then again UC3 was good and didn't suck 1.5 as much. Well I hope it doesn't suck twice as much.
What the hell am I talking about
#15 (Edited 1055d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(18) | Report | Reply
Reverent  +   1055d ago
Yes, what the hell are* you talking about?
x5exotic  +   1055d ago
I'm..was....drunk...I think.
#15.1.1 (Edited 1055d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report
StrongMan  +   1055d ago
Absolutely!!!!! Uncharted is the best new IP this gen hands down. Who wouldn't want more?
Nac  +   1055d ago
If there is an UC4, I want it next gen and I want it more like UC3 than UC2. I have found a sense of closure with UC3 and would be able to live without ever seeing a ND Uncharted again. However, in all honesty I really would enjoy another adventure with Drake and company. If there is to be another, I would prefer to wait a few years, giving me a chance to miss the characters.
BitbyDeath  +   1055d ago
Nextgen is just around the corner so ND should start focusing on that.
Hazmat13  +   1055d ago
no i love uncharted 3 too death and love the everything about, but i want something new. Last Of Us i hope will be a hit and in PS4 i cant wait there next title.
Relientk77  +   1055d ago
I want Uncharted 4 for the PS4
metsgaming  +   1055d ago
Yea they should hold off until the ps4, i want to see what they can do with next gen hardware. If they need to do something else this gen how about unkarted. =)
#21 (Edited 1055d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
BringingTheThunder  +   1055d ago
i think it'll be on the ps4
jonboi24  +   1055d ago
Save it for PS4 launch because Sony will need a game that will showcase how powerful the PS4 is and Uncharted has been a hallmark to do that for the PS3.
Tdmd  +   1055d ago
Ready for more Uncharted? Always!
M83_  +   1055d ago
Let me buy uncharted 3 ffs!

Some gamer I am. Haven't bought a game since resistance 3. Ah sure fuck it, can't offord to play games AND go out so it's always the latter whenever I can even offord that!

Being a broke teenager is crap :(
#25 (Edited 1055d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
wenaldy  +   1055d ago
Holy hell, what's up with tons of disagrees
Felonycarclub8  +   1055d ago
I want the ps4 but at the same time I don't want the ps4 I still think ps3 got more life left but I would not complain if it came out tomorrow

The Five Most Memorable Moments in the Metal Gear Solid Franchise

50m ago - After multiple screenshots, trailers and not to mention the Konami-Kojima debacle, Metal Gear Sol... | PS2

Dungeon Souls - SteamFirst Review

51m ago - SteamFirst: I got to check out a very cool game I never would have looked at twice. Dungeon Souls... | PC

Win a Pro-Painted Ghorgon!

Now - Turbo Tape Games is pleased to announce a contest for an exclusive Ghorgon miniature hand-painted by Dave Taylor! | Promoted post

New Pollen Screenshots Revealed

51m ago - VRFocus reports on indie developer Mindfield Games releasing new screenshots of virtual reality (... | PC

5 New Things Xbox One Owners Should Be Excited About

51m ago - Microsoft just made a bunch of announcements The annual Gamescom 2015 conference in Cologne fe... | Xbox One

The Summer “Lull” is the Best Time of Year in Gaming

51m ago - The so-called summer lull sometimes appears to be the dark-ages of gaming releases. In my mind, I... | PC