Submitted by shreeveera 1032d ago | news

God of War PS Vita Remote Play now Available

Starting today people who fire up God of War Collections on your PS3 will be prompted to download a Patch Update that enables PS Vita Remote Play across GOW 1 and 2.

Is this an indication for an Imminent GOW game on the Vita. (God of War, God of War 2, God of War Collection, PS Vita, PS3)

Update ICO, Shadow of The Colossus also updated for Remote Play on the Vita.

Alternative Sources
shreeveera  +   1032d ago
Love to watch Kratos rip heads to shreds on the Gorgeous VITA Oled screen.

Though there were a few lag issues while playing the game on the Vita via remote Play, it might be due to a slower internet connection.
HarryMasonHerpderp  +   1032d ago
I just tried it and the lag made it practically unplayable. Not happy about this >_>
It worked fine for a bit but I was expecting it to work a lot better.
By the way I have a good internet connection and my PSone collection worked a lot smoother.
#1.1 (Edited 1032d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(13) | Report | Reply
Ju  +   1032d ago
Works just fine with me on a G WiFi network (local only). Couple of hick ups here and there. But not "unplayable" by any means.
guitarded77  +   1031d ago
I've had absolutely no lag... it probably is your internet speed.
Tired  +   1032d ago
Just tested mine, works fine over remote play-private network. Stuttered a bit at first, first cutscene had a little screen tear, seems to have gotten into it's stride...no noticable lag.

Not tried over the internet yet.

Would have thought it would have been fullscreen though.
GribbleGrunger  +   1032d ago
Can't you hold the screen down and adjust that?
Tired  +   1032d ago
That just brings up the Ps3 power symbol the ps button and some settings.

The settings change the image quality and assign buttons.

There was a fullscreen option in the GoW options settings that made it a little bigger, but still slightly smaller than the vita screen.

It's not a huge gripe...i'm as happy as pig in @"#£ to be able to play anything by remote play.
fanboygamer  +   1032d ago
Maybe the image resolution isn't so high to keep the connection more stable. Well haven't got a clue how remote play works.

@gribbleGrunger

I actually misunderstood what you said at first, thought you told him to put your face closer to the screen. LOL.
morganfell  +   1032d ago
Ran it both ways and I am thrilled. There was one hitch in the opening movie for a few seconds and it was actually on the Private Network. That's odd. WTH?

The Internet was smooth for both the movie and the gameplay. I have a 50MB connection, not the fastest but the game was very slick. Damn this kicks.
Ju  +   1031d ago
Double Tab scales to fill the screen. But a little border remains.
pixelsword  +   1031d ago
If you want fullscreen, move it closer to your face.

I'm kidding.
badz149  +   1032d ago
damn, I'm late to the party
Gonna try it later and see how it looks. But these are old games and I've played through these several times. Hope Sony will make this feature available for new games too.
#1.3 (Edited 1032d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ThanatosDMC  +   1031d ago
My upload speed sucks too much to do it via wifi but it works fine using the PS3 private connection.
myps4  +   1032d ago
I want a full fledged GOW game on the Vita.

GOW + AC liberation + KILLZONE vita = Guaranteed SALES
TheMasterShake  +   1032d ago
drop killzone then you got guaranteed sales
r21  +   1032d ago
KZ Mercernary looks way better than CoD BO Declassified and hopefully it'll play better than it too. 4 vs 4, hah! GG prove Nihilistic wrong.
fanboygamer  +   1032d ago
@r21:
Nothing wrong with 4 vs 4 imo.
Just makes a game more suitable for smaller maps.
Didn't Gears prove that a small number of people in multiplayer can still be fun?
#2.1.2 (Edited 1032d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report
DarkHeroZX  +   1032d ago
Uuh Killzone is a big franchise for Sony, to not put such a great game on the vita would be suicide.
avengers1978  +   1032d ago
If sony gets a good cloud gaming service and you can play basically anything on vita then everyone will have one...
But God of War and Killzone, and Infamous would help, but so would more new IPs that can only be played on vita would really really help sales... because thats what drives a consoles sales of any kind the fact that there are gaming experiences that can only be had on said console...
Sony would be wise to get more games that are new and original to the vita
Godchild1020  +   1032d ago
Grand Theft Auto would guarantee sales as well. I expect the white Vita in the states to help sale the Vita.
GribbleGrunger  +   1032d ago
people have been complaining constantly about this feature being missing, so let's see how many people find a way of complaining regardless now that it's there on this game and clearly coming on others.
#3 (Edited 1032d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
SAE  +   1032d ago
Its only 2 games -.-"

But its a start ^^

Edit : i thought its god of war 3 xD , another game that should have been ported
#3.1 (Edited 1032d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
stuna1  +   1032d ago
Didn't you know there will always be someone there to complain regardless of what is being done right in exchange for something not being done right! The fact that Sony is taking advantage of the cross play feature is a testament to the fact that they are trying to support it.
JellyJelly  +   1032d ago
If it doesn't work as promised I could see why people are complaining. And why not? Complaining might make them improve the service.

What exactly does it do? Do you have to have the game running on your PS3 in order to play it on the Vita? And is it via Wi-fi? Which means you basically can't leave your home in order for it to work? If that's the case then there's no real reason to play it on the Vita instead of the PS3. Completely useless almost.
Cryptcuzz  +   1031d ago
You can wake up the ps3 and use remote play anywhere in the world no matter how far away you are as long as you have internet via WiFi.

You need to pair your vita and ps3 first of course.

Then when the ps3 is turned off, it is still barely on waiting to sense a signal to have it turned on remotely.
Red_Orange_Juice  +   1032d ago
I'd rather have dedicated VITA game, PSP ones were good
shreeveera  +   1032d ago
@TheMasterShake

KILLZONE Vita @Gamescom looked Loads better than the Call Of Duty abomination.
TheMasterShake  +   1032d ago
im not fan of killzone so don't take it personal. & I've been pretty vocal about COD Declassified. like i said in another article if sony wouldn't have closed Zipper down, they could have done COD Declassified. but instead sony gets a mediocre dev like nihilistic to do the game. which baffles me.
DarkHeroZX  +   1032d ago
COD is ass. Whether it looks and plays like the console version or not I'd never buy it. KZ or battlefield are much better candidates for the vita.
#5.1.1 (Edited 1032d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report
DarkHeroZX  +   1032d ago
but a good dragonball z game needs to also make its way to the vita as well.
#5.1.2 (Edited 1032d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report
enkeixpress  +   1032d ago
Sweet :P

I'd rather play through the games on the Vita while lying in bed.. than play 'em on the big screen while sitting on the couch. I just find it more relaxing & more comfortable to play tbh. :)
#6 (Edited 1032d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SAE  +   1032d ago
Ps1/ps2/psp games are much better in vita , it worth playing

300mb and mgs collection download finish
Sensu  +   1032d ago
Fi-nal-ly! :D
Chrono  +   1032d ago
They should make a new God of War game for Vita.
GribbleGrunger  +   1032d ago
They will, but this is something different. First PS1 games and now a slow role out of streamable games. ICO next.
jokia005  +   1032d ago
GREAT!!
ill try!!
Bowzabub  +   1032d ago
Few hiccups in the opening cutscene but then it was smooth as butter. Then a cpl more hiccups inside the colossus of Rhodes. Overall I'd give it a 9. I also have a 30 mb/s connection so it may vary for other gamers.
#10 (Edited 1032d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ado908  +   1032d ago
They put out more vita remote play functionality then actual games. Much would've preferred if I got a God of war game specifically made for the vita in my hands than to replay a game I beat over 50x on both ps2 and ps3
CShadow  +   1032d ago
I barely got GOW Saga this Fn rules! First time playing GOW too.
Qrphe  +   1031d ago
So this works for all 5 games????

Edit: specifically as they are in Saga
#12.1 (Edited 1031d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
boybato  +   1032d ago
HOLY CRAP IT WORKS!!!! why is it that when i use remoteplay for pixeljunk monsters the game looks like crap but this... im impressed. good job sony, keep it up.

btw, tried this connecting to a private network. minute to no lag and graphics quality is awesome.
ooquis  +   1032d ago
Thanks mate....that's all i wanted to know.
ooquis  +   1032d ago
Somebody Please upload a HD video on youtube.
RGDfleet  +   1032d ago
Good sign of things to come me thinks :D
Lior  +   1032d ago
Does it have to be a digital download or will it loa through the disc as well?
darren_poolies  +   1032d ago
Sony should make it so that the Remote Play feature is mandatory for all games, just like trophies.
aceloth  +   1031d ago
Completely agree - i would buy many more games if they did !!
gijsbrecht  +   1032d ago
Just played half an hour and it works perfectly. I am quite impressed to be honest. Personally I hope the Killzone trilogy will have the same feature.
WeskerChildReborned  +   1032d ago
That's awesome, i'm buying a Vita in a few days maybe.
Bigkurz85  +   1032d ago
I haven't even been able to connect to my PS3 via Remote Play over the internet, so I don't know how useful this is to me. I'm not really sure what the problem is. The internet speeds both at home and mobile are MORE than sufficient.

But no matter what I do, my Vita will not connect to my PS3 via remote play over the internet. And I was able to do it with my PSP.
boybato  +   1031d ago
had this issue before. I think what i did was i renamed my ps3. try it. ;p
guitar_nerd_23  +   1032d ago
Sweet.
TheRacingX  +   1031d ago
Just picked up the Ratchet and Clank collection, Sony you give me that one on remote and I am LOVIN Vita time....
korpage  +   1031d ago
Just tried it out for past hour had 0 lag issues or delays...works flawlessly. God of war 1 looks amazing on the vita!
aceloth  +   1031d ago
Now if they can add Remote Play to Red Dead, i could finally finish it - wife is always on the TV :-(
akaFullMetal  +   1031d ago
Tried it out, and it is fun and very playable, not perfect, but fun.
gamer7804  +   1031d ago
Great news, we can now play psone games, psp games, ps3 games via RP, now if we can just get some vita games! :-p
wastedcells  +   1031d ago
This is great but why not just allow us to download the hd remakes directly on the vita?
Trenta27  +   1031d ago
Does this work with the disc version or the downloaded one?
gijsbrecht  +   1031d ago
It works at least with the disc version. But I guess It's not different from the downloadable one.
tweet75  +   1031d ago
isnt this one of the main features of the wii u to play certain games on the screen in your hand from the main console. Sony is already one step ahead.
Man-E-Faces  +   1031d ago
It is and it isn't, first the WiiU will have all their games including third party games playable via the PAD maybe even multiplayer can be played on that WiiU pad, Sony on the other hand with the PS3/Vita combo at the moment doesn't and may never get that support since the PS3/Vita are two separate platforms. Second the WiiU pad is bigger than the Vita's screen making it more appealing to those who want a bigger screen in their hands. Third and this is very important is there seems to be no lag or voice sync problems with the games demoed so far playing on the WiiU pad, Vita on the other hand at least for me today when playing GoW1 during the hydra boss fight at the end where there's three of them I had unplayable lag and if that wasn't bad enough I lagged when crossing the pillars on the ship causing me to fall off and die a few times. Audio sync in the cut scenes were also off and even more bad news is the battery life I wasted half on just that first level alone. So Sony may have a step on the WiiU but is it good enough? In my opinion at the moment NO.
SpinnerM  +   1031d ago
I just bought the God of War Saga because of this. Frickin' awesome!!! This capability is why i bought the Vita in the first place. Sony, if you're listening, THIS is what makes your customers happy, and THIS is what will improve your Vita sales!!! Now we need way more patches for PS3 games (Killzone as initially promised, COD, Battlefield 3, and more). Keep them coming!!!
#30 (Edited 1031d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

[FGP] Above - Beautiful First Person Puzzler Set On A Mysterious Floating Island

1h ago - Above is a gorgeous first person puzzler set on a magical floating island and featuring Myst-esqu... | PC

ID@Xbox: the 10 most interesting games of E3 2015

1h ago - The E3 is the bearer of great news for all the AAA titles most anticipated, but Microsoft has als... | Xbox One

YoYo Games, home of GameMaker: Studio

Now - Game development could not be simpler with GameMaker: Studio, the fastest and easiest to use 2D game engine! | Promoted post

Is Dragon Quest really unpopular with Western gamers?

1h ago - It's that lovely time again: a new Dragon Quest game is coming, and Square-Enix is making asinine... | PS2

Good Game Pocket - Episode 99

2h ago - Good Game Pocket has almost hit 100 episodes. But in the meantime, NichBoy tackles the tough... | PC

The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Of Cold Steel To Launch This November In North America – Rumor

2h ago - The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Of Cold Steel is apparently going to be released in North America on... | PS3