Submitted by SpaceSquirrel 678d ago | news

Sony comments on possibly re-releasing the Xenosaga series as PS2 Classics

Sony’s Morgan Haro comments on the possibility of re-releasing the three Xenosaga games as PS2 Classics on the Playstation Network of the Playstation 3. (PS3, Xenosaga Episode 1, Xenosaga Episode 2, Xenosaga Episode 3)

Relientk77  +   678d ago
Yes, do this. These are great games
Lucretia  +   678d ago
def great games. One of the best endings to a trilogy aswell. to bad it wasnt 6 games like planned :(

would like to see HD KOS-MOS, like a New Xenosaga game!
princejb134  +   677d ago
Great games but very long
Like the first one took me over 50 hours to complete
Jaces  +   677d ago
Yes please. A series that I regretted not finishing would be amazing to have a re-release on PSN.
FinaLXiii  +   678d ago
Yes Xenosaga´s great stuff! bring it on!
#2 (Edited 678d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Dark_Overlord  +   678d ago
Hope this includes UK, we only ever got the 2nd one. I even emailed all involved at the time, yet not one had the decncy to reply :/
wishingW3L  +   678d ago
the second one wasn't just the worst of the 3 but it was a really bad game overall. Or at least that's what I have heard since I haven't played it and the graphics while very detailed the character models are very creepy.
#3.1 (Edited 678d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
wishingW3L  +   678d ago
I already have them all on PS2 but haven't played 2 and 3 yet and an HD version would be a good motivation to make me go back to them (plus the trophies!). The art style of this series (Xenosaga 2 has horrible art-style though) will benefit from the the increased resolution like no other HD collection I tell you.
Hicken  +   678d ago
YES! I'd love to play these in HD! One of my favorite JRPG series!

Oh, wait, if I'm positive, LevelHead will be upset. Lemme try that again.

Too bad nobody cares about the series. It probably won't get the remake it deserves.

No... he doesn't like me being negative, either...

I don't care one way or the other. I guess I'll get em if they're released, but I might not.

Surely one of these responses will be acceptable, right?

Right????

Edit: I was waiting.

Simply put: who are you to tell me how to respond? All YOU do is complain about ME complaining. Easily 2/3 of your comments are about MY comments, and THEN you tack on some comment about the actual subject. And that's IF you actually address the subject.

I'd like to say I don't care, but it seriously annoying. Ignoring your doesn't stop me from getting notifications about your absolutely ridiculous messages. All the maturity you demand, and yet you follow me around like an annoying little child who keeps asking a bunch of annoying questions. What's worse is that you're the type who thinks you know it all, so you've got an answer for anything I say, and it always contradicts whatever answer I give you, even if it's the same answer.

Don't you have anything better to do? Seems like you don't, which is sad.
#5 (Edited 677d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
BrutallyBlunt  +   677d ago
You don't get it and you never will. You're either talking about somebody or whining about the whiners. Is it really that hard to just make a comment about the topic and be done with it?

"Bring on the Xenosaga series, i like them"

That's it. Now is that so hard?
BrutallyBlunt  +   677d ago
"I'd like to say I don't care"

That's obvious, you don't care about anything other than your own agenda and that is to talk and talk and talk and talk, without ever actually listening. Do you need to listen to me? No. But perhaps you should realize why it is you are down to 1 bubble. That's not because of me, it's because of you. So either be a contributing member here or stick to being a cancer to this site. That's YOUR decision, not mine.

"Don't you have anything better to do? Seems like you don't, which is sad. "

Well if that's the case what does that make you? You're the one who's always on here. You're the one who's continually monitoring every topic, you're the one who's wasting your 1 bubble on nonsense, you're the one who seems to be upset all the time about this person or that author or some topic, you're the one who keeps mentioning my name when i have yet commented. Then you have the audacity to think that because i reply to you that it's odd and strange when you take tabs on so many members here.

You are free to say anything you want, but by calling me out in topics i haven't been in yet shows your inability to actually debate or to handle things maturely.

I'll tell you what Hicken, if you don't mention my name or anyone else unless you are responding to a comment directly then i will leave you alone for the whole month of September. However if i see you call my name out or anyone else for no apparent reason, then you'll hear about it.
#5.2 (Edited 677d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Lol_Lmao  +   678d ago
You idiots!
They aren't talking about an HD remaster, just a re-release on the PSN store. Nothing would change besides it running on newer PS3s.
You're welcome!
#6 (Edited 678d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Godmars290  +   678d ago
As someone owns the Gears, Saga and Sword - though I've still yet to even buy a Wii to play the last on - I fully endorse Xeno on PSN. SD or otherwise.

More so however I wouldn't mind a sci-fi RPG on the PS3 which actually was one rather than fantasy title that only wore a sci-fi skin (Star Ocean) or something which became more of a TPS w/blue boobs (do I even have to say it).

An open galaxy for exploration, ship to ship combat actions and alien races to interact with. Such was possible in the early PC days - where is such now?
#7 (Edited 678d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
CLOUD1983  +   678d ago
"- though I've still yet to even buy a Wii to play the last on -"

lol u made me rofl there because I did the same thing also I buy the CE of Xenoblade http://fastcache.gawkerasse... to get cheap the red classic controller pro & also 3 nice posters when I didn't even have a Wii to play it & I manage to buy a used Wii 1+ month later.

Anyway get a cheap Wii from somewhere & start playing ASAP! the game is amazing & also the biggest & best JRPG I have play the last 10 years, I will just tell u that it took me almost 200 hours to finish it w/o even doing half of what the game have to offer.
#7.1 (Edited 678d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Godmars290  +   678d ago
You are a bigger, greater, Xeno-fan that I. Well done sir. Well done.

@Da One:
You know, thinking about it, like much with what was good about the sereis, has blue side-boob really been seen since ME1?

Related image(s)
#7.1.1 (Edited 678d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Da One  +   678d ago
@Godmars290

you do have to say....i don't know which game you're talking about...is Mass Effect....only blue boobs I know
Xof  +   678d ago
Technical considerations my ass. Xenosaga DOES work with the PS3's firmware already.
young7yang  +   678d ago
id rather have an HD remake
Novahart  +   678d ago
Same here all three on one bluray disc in HD would be a dream come true for me. I already own these on disk so this news doesnt exite me.
#9.1 (Edited 678d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Kte  +   678d ago
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Neko_Mega  +   678d ago
That game is the reason I lost me PS2, was trying to finish up on all three tiles and we had a thunderstorm. Power went out but my PS2/memory card were hit from the power surge.
Luke_fon_Fabre  +   678d ago
They look like good games, but they also look kind of strange. I still have to play Xenogears (as soon as they release it on the Vita)
OMEGAZONE  +   677d ago
Im sorry but did anyone actually enjoy playing Xenosaga 2!!?
Three_Sisters  +   677d ago
This made my day!!
kupomogli  +   677d ago
Xenosaga 1 is great. Best storyline in the series, great level design. Terrible battle system is the only thing that bogs it down, but hey. XenoCard is amazing and more than makes up for it.

Xenosaga 2 has a terrible story, terrible gameplay, and nothing that makes it a worthwhile purchase. The game sucks. If you were one, like me, to preorder this game day one it'd hurt less because you were pretty much preordering the Xenosaga Movie DVD, with a little over 4 hours of cutscenes from the original Xenosaga cut in a way to look like a movie, and then getting this game for free.

Xenosaga 3. Best gameplay in the series, great graphics, good level design, and a decent storyline. Worth getting. Also, it allows you to watch all cutscenes you've seen from the menu menu, and from the database menu or main menu, you can read a general storyline of what you might have missed with the first and second game, and just like the original Xenosaga, the database gives detailed information about anything you've seen or heard about in the game, or even anything you may not have heard about.

These games need a HD remake rather than a PSN rerelease. HD remake with the abilitiy to play XenoCard with friends would be a major selling point for me. They don't even need to add rooms. They could just make it P2P and only allow an invite.
blackblades  +   677d ago
I would luv to have a hd collection of the series, I never played the second game or third game, I don't remember beating the first game as well has story.
jjb1981  +   677d ago
Yesssssssssss... Mwuhahaha....
Romudeth  +   677d ago
I never got around to playing 2 and 3 so this would be cool.
konohashin  +   677d ago
How exactly will a Xenosaga game be released on PS3 when Sony never published Xenosaga and this belonged to Monolith Soft which was NamcoBandai?

Now Nintendo owns Monolith Soft and the Xeno series.

I mean even Banjo Kazooie has nothing to do with Nintendo now even tho Nintendo published Banjo. Sony never published Xenosaga.

So how exactly is this going to work?

Will the Squids: Odyssey 3DS Release Help Nintendo?

14m ago - Ryan Johnson from The Gamers Lounge writes "Squids: Odyssey came out for the Wii U a few weeks ag... | Wii U

Rogue's Tale Released for Android

15m ago - Carl Williams writes, "Rogue is one of the oldest, most retro, games in existence that is still b... | Android

Cosmonautica Merges Futurama Hijinks with Business Sim

15m ago - Carl Williams writes, "Everyone that is a fan of Futurama has probably hoped, wished for and comp... | Android

25 Awesome Fallout Easter Eggs That You Probably Missed

15m ago - From a post-apocalyptic Tardis to famous movie side-arms, here's the greatest Fallout easter eggs... | PC

Filmwatch June Contests

Now - Join us as we give away a ton of cash this month! | Promoted post

Divinity: Original Sin Review | RGN

17m ago - Chris of RGN writes, "Divinity: Original Sin is truly DIVINE! No, but seriously, it is a refreshi... | PC