Submitted by Nimblest-Assassin 595d ago | news

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes gameplay will premiere tomorrow at PAX

Hideo Kojima and his secretary confirm that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will premiere the gameplay shown at the 25th anniversary to the public tomorrow at 1 PM during the Metal Gear panel at PAX Prime

Panel stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/pax?ut... (Hideo Kojima, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, PAX, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Update Unfortunately due to legal issues... the conference will not be live streamed

However the gameplay will be uploaded in 2 hours to youtube... sorry, Im as bummed as you guys

It will be available at 3pm PST tomorrow. RT @J_Martinez2012 @HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN Mr. Kojima please upload the Groud Zeroes video to Youtube

Alternative Sources
Irishguy95  +   595d ago
****ing yes

I think this stream is starting in two hours, as the post was on 31st of August at 6pm, it's now 1st September 11Am in Japan
#1 (Edited 595d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Nimblest-Assassin  +   595d ago
Thats an understatement... fell out of my chair when I read that tweet

Im moving into uni tomorrow... so Im going early so I can watch the stream

Oh man... so excited for tomorrow
#1.1 (Edited 595d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   595d ago
I cannot wait to see this! Open world Metal Gear with Kojima involved in full development with the game, I can't wait to see the premiere of this masterpiece!
DasBunker  +   595d ago
It's not Open world.. but with an OW "Feel".
Knight_Crawler  +   595d ago
@Dasbuster - "With open world feel"

I wonder if he is talking about open world feel like Halo or open world feel like Splinter Cell Conviction.
ShabbaRanks  +   595d ago
@Knight_Crawler

What open world feel in splinter cell conviction ? and Halo ?! ... Maybe the first one... a bit

Cant wait to see this game in action ! And please bring back MGO !!!!
mafiahajeri  +   595d ago
Um no dude it's in the US. Calm down and read the title tommorow at PAX 1 pm pst not Japan :P it's in like 15 hours. So 7 pm in Ireland ;)

@dasbeer sadly it'll be multiplat I wonder how many dvds it'll need on the 360 since its Mgs and open world?
#1.2 (Edited 595d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(20) | Report | Reply
AO1JMM  +   595d ago
If it is on 360 I might actually get it for it. Of course I will install it all to the hard rive.
cj1pate101  +   595d ago
I wonder how much bs kojima can stuff on one disk. Just like mgs4 man like seriously lazy port job bring the game to pc. Lets see how dont need blue ray at all. Mgs4 sucked man hate to break it to ya,
7ero H3LL  +   595d ago
Imo, the only reason why Mgs4 took up so much space was not because of graphics or even the length of it. it was cause they were still making things old school and lacked upbeat tools and methods at the time, quite a few things were bloated and uncompressed.

Game engines like Crysis, Rage, and Metro are barely past 6 gbs, and have immense content, graphics and dialog. The fox engine probably has this beat and so that's why they officially switched, because of better methods.
#1.2.3 (Edited 595d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(1) | Report
blennerville  +   595d ago
@mafiahajeri

im from Ireland, Kerry

so is that 7pm on sept 1st (today) cuz thats less than 7 hours away now - and i dont wana get over excited.
Knight_Crawler  +   595d ago
Someone has not played Just Cause 2, Skyrim, Sleeping Dog or Fall Out Vegas.

This is a new engine which means that it will use less resource and still be more powerful than the MGS4 engine - also the MGS4 engine was specificity made for the PS3 which at the time the Cell was alien technology and developers were still trying to learn it.

Also please give me a link where Kojima confirms that this will be a current gen release? This game can come out 2 to 3 years from now for all we know and by them I would hope that we are in the next gen.
starchild  +   594d ago
Well, those graphics are unreal. I have a hard time believing that current gen systems could produce such graphical fidelity.

In any case, I will be getting this game for the PC if it does indeed come out for the platform.
#1.2.6 (Edited 594d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
modest-genius  +   595d ago
No..the event starts at 1PM PST, PAX time
john2  +   595d ago
So, how many hours (from this post) until the Stream starts?
Nimblest-Assassin  +   595d ago
@john2

17 hours from now
Nimblest-Assassin  +   595d ago
Its 1 PM seattle time

So that means 4 PM for me
MattyG  +   595d ago
Me too. The suspense is killing me.
jon1234  +   595d ago
this is going to be tits!
Parappa  +   595d ago
That would be nice considering the new FF13 announcement was butt.
ZoyosJD  +   595d ago
17 hr. 15 min. from this post.
wishingW3L  +   595d ago
thank you very much!
GUNS N SWORDS  +   595d ago
Is this a numbered metal gear in the series?
is this 5 or 0 or is it before of after 3 or peace walker?
nikoado  +   595d ago
It's definitely after mgs3 and possibly after peace walker.

I don't think its a numbered a sequel, wouldn't this mgs6 if that were the case?

"Big boss" is wearing the eye patch and I think he has the military without borders logo.

So, sometime around 1970's, which also fits with the technology shown. Maybe this is when

**Spoilers**
major zero secretly starts the "les enfants terrible" project. That also fits with the two foxes slogan.
**Spoilers**
#1.7.1 (Edited 595d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report
cj1pate101  +   595d ago
jesus christ u anoy meeeee
meetajhu  +   595d ago
MGS- FOX engine - Sandbox - On PC hardware - Holy!!!!!
cj1pate101  +   595d ago
In your dreams kojoma cant handle pc look at crytech 3 years ahead in terms of tech. I think it be safe to say from remembering mgs4 tech this doesn't look promising.

Related video
Blacktric  +   595d ago
Uh no. Stream will start in exactly 13 hours from now. Please stop misinforming people. They already confirmed that the panel will take place on 1 PM PST on September 1st.
Abdou23  +   595d ago
Can't wait for this, but hoping for more info like release date and platforms.
doogiebear  +   594d ago
Somebody better use Fraps to record this evEnt! My laptop sucks so i cant do it. Then put it on youtube!
doogiebear  +   594d ago
MGO. All I want is MGO to return. That is all.
mafiahajeri  +   595d ago
Oh snaaaap! Pax just got real!!! Can't wait! Honored to be the first to approve this! :D

@below yes great job thanks. This will be at the top of the front page in no time!
#2 (Edited 595d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Nimblest-Assassin  +   595d ago
Dude... what do you think I was like? Hell I even found the stream for it... its in the description

Super stoked for tomorrow
DA_SHREDDER  +   595d ago
Gameplay? This will make or break my opinion on them. I'm still waiting on an hd remake of ZOE and this is their 4th MG this gen. I've yet to be impressed by them since the ps2 days.
#2.2 (Edited 595d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
doogiebear  +   594d ago
Who cares what u think?
dasbeer88  +   595d ago
Is it PS3 exclusive? Or will it come to the Xbox360 and Wii U?
Nimblest-Assassin  +   595d ago
Hopefully they answer tomorrow... as I long as I can play it.. don't care what platform it comes out on

Love Big boss's games
modest-genius  +   595d ago
FOX is a cross platform engine so I'd say definitely PS3/30, probably for PC and maybe for Wii U
Neo-Axl  +   595d ago
PS3 & X360 is Extremely likely, or perhaps even for PS4 & X720, Nothing has been confirmed yet.. Tomorrow we can all give our verdict's after checking out the Footage.
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   595d ago
It's gonna be multiplatform. It might be timed exclusive for PS, but I highly doubt that.
#3.4 (Edited 595d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
STONEY4  +   595d ago
The demo they showed was running on a PC. So it's very likely it's multiplatform.
greenpowerz  +   595d ago
Showing it on PC with a 360 controller hooked up is bad optics for a PS exclusive.

That very question is a wishful thinking fanboy suggestion considering the developers making great strides to penetrate the western market showing a game in a mostly western(NA) gaming event.
#3.6 (Edited 595d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
Buljo  +   595d ago
Except the MGS series never actually was PS exclusive. MGS1 came out on PS and PC, later remade for the GC, MGS2 had a PC and Xbox release later, MGS3 appeared on the 3DS as well and only MGS4 is truly exclusive and I don't see that changing, not this gen anyway. And don't forget the HD collection available for the 360 and PS3 which even includes PW, a PSP game.

So just to recap, the series never was TRULY exclusive.

I'm looking forward to playing this on PC if the rumors are true. That will make my PC worthwhile.
Knight_Crawler  +   595d ago
@dasbear - If you owned a game studio and spent lots of money on a new engine that is built for multi-plat games would you make a game for just one system and break even or would you release the game on multiple platforms and triple your profits.

Also when Kojima demoed the Fox engine he picked up the 360 controller instead of the PS3.
Neo-Axl  +   595d ago
Oh God.. Yes.. Yes!.. YESSS!!!
boybato  +   595d ago
did you just had an orgasm? ;p
Neo-Axl  +   595d ago
Since Metal Gear Solid is involved, Yes.
I Regret Nothin'
DarkBlood  +   595d ago
i was expecting to see fapping comments but this seems close enough lol
koston3647  +   595d ago
Dark Blood just made my weekend rofl
wishingW3L  +   595d ago
!
@_@

This is how you announce games. When you actually have gameplay to show.
#5 (Edited 595d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
AO1JMM  +   595d ago
AWESOME!!!!! Cannot wait to see what Kojima is giving us.
FoxHound_  +   595d ago
So jealous of the people who get to see it in person! And a huge thanks to Kojima for not making us wait so long to see Ground Zeroes after those people saw it at the mg25th anniversary.
j-blaze  +   595d ago
CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!!!!!
TrevorPhillips  +   595d ago
I cannot wait!! :D

Agree with me if you can't either :D
telekeneticmantis  +   595d ago
If it's Co-op
I'll be pissed... Most likely.
MattyG  +   595d ago
This. This is how i feel right now. http://www.youtube.com/watc...
#11 (Edited 595d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ame22  +   595d ago
F**king A!
#12 (Edited 595d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
MattyG  +   595d ago
I really hope it's the full 20 minute demo they showed yesterday.
#13 (Edited 595d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
No FanS Land  +   595d ago
I'm really hyped for this already! This time around I feel Kojima is fully backing up the project in all his will, unlike MGS3 and MGS4 which he said wouldn't direct but finally had to take back the throne.

But I still wish he can do something else later on other than Metal Gear.
azshorty2003  +   595d ago
Jawsome!
Hasanhastam  +   595d ago
Hope they show gameplay footage not 1.30 trailer and dont say anything for 6 month
Batzi  +   595d ago
it is going to be gameplay. They showed 20mins footage during the 25th anniversary event 2 days ago.
Batzi  +   595d ago
They will show gameplay. That's what they showed 2 days ago during the 25th anniversary. It was a 20mins footage including gameplay!
Tzunoy  +   595d ago
I bet is on 360 as well.
RenegadeRocks  +   595d ago
FOX engine is multiplat , so definately , yes !
They showed the first demo on pc for a reason. I will be shown on pc with high end graphics with a 360 controller.
Of course 360 fans will say "WOW look at 360 version! yeah!".

Business as usual.
thunder11  +   595d ago
games are made on pc's

oh and u can use any controller on a pc btw
#17.2.1 (Edited 595d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report
Cablephish  +   595d ago
That picture makes him look like Sam Fisher.
Naked Fisher?
Solid sam?
Metal Gear Cell: Ground Conviction?
#18.1 (Edited 595d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
thunder11  +   595d ago
jus cuz the fox engine is built for multiple consoles doesnt mean sh*tbox360 will get it
No Way  +   594d ago
thunder11 -
Way to be mature, way to be a grown up.. Oh, wait.
turgore  +   594d ago
well the demo will run on pc, therefore it means that it most likely will be multiplatform.
OOOPS ps3 lost another franchise.
BigStef71  +   594d ago
How much longer? Im so excited for this gameplay but this waiting is killing me lmao
USEYOURFIST  +   594d ago
no stream, ign are recording and will be on there site after :(
NYC_Gamer  +   594d ago
Damn,that's a fucked up move by IGN.
rajman  +   594d ago
Yupp PAX just said it on stream.
It will be uploaded on Youtube @ 11pm (UK time)
#21.2 (Edited 594d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
0pie  +   594d ago
not impressed.
lonelygoner  +   594d ago
awesome, my tweet to Kojima-san got replied and featured on a news article lol

New Mechrunner Gameplay Trailer Releases Game Details

32m ago - A newly released Mechrunner Gameplay Trailer releases various game details, and contains commenta... | PS4

A Unique Cosplay of Elizabeth from BioShock Infinite

48m ago - BioShock Infinite is a first-person shooter role-playing game and it’s the third game in the BioS... | Culture

Broken Sword V Episode 2 Review I Expansive

58m ago - Episode Two really goes in deep on Gnostic history as you might expect, and gradually, this whole... | PC

Scribblenauts Unlimited Wii U Review | Combo Caster

1h ago - Scribblenauts Unlimited is a game that doesn't challenge us in terms of difficulty, but without a... | Wii U

Enter to Win a PS4 and More!

Now - We are buying one lucky N4Ger a PS4 just for commenting on any N4G story! | Promoted post

A Cautionary Tale of PSN Passwords

1h ago - From the article, "The other day [Jerimiah Mueller] woke up to a string of emails from Sony. They... | PS3