Submitted by nrvalleytime 773d ago | news

Bioware: “The real EA doesn’t hurt (us)”; confirms future ME3 DLC

"A Q&A session with several BioWare employees and community managers earlier today revealed the company's thoughts about about its parent company, EA, as well as teasers about the company's next title and content (sadly, it's not Jade Empire)." (BioWare, Dev, Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, EA, Industry, Jade Empire, Mass Effect 3, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

user5467007  +   773d ago
What a load of bullcrap

They don't give you the freedom man thats the problm, ME3 felt rushed and the ending didn't help, although that was bad writting on your part. I mean fans give you a way out with the amazing theory they put out but you didn't take it

"I don’t believe so but that is far above my pay grade!...Harby as he’s affectionately called is just one of many many reapers. He was important in ME2 because he was the herald, the reaper who scouted ahead and foreshadowed what was to come"

Still you guys established him as the main reaper Shepard would most likely come head to head with so people didn't feel they were just battling any other reaper in the final fight. He finally shows up on earth just as your about to finish the fight in your final assault but then blasts you back with a laser. I honestly thought "Right this is it...it's time to battle that b*stard and finish him off once and for fall" BUT THEN we get the crappy ending. Harbinger just flies away, not even checking if you are dead, so much for being a intellectual being huh and then totaly "misses" the Normandy who is in the area...and even though he misses them, dosen't go after them, the guys who have been helping Shepard stop the Reapers.

Honestly if they went with the Indoctrination Theory they could of done a massive Epilouge DLC where Shepard wakes up after being hit by the laser and managed to win his own Indoctrination which sends Harbinger into "rage mode" because he knows he will loose if Shepard gets any futher so they have a massive level where Shepard needs to fight through another section of London in another final assault to reach Harbinger and have a one on one fight. Once you defeat him, he relises that the cycle is broken or Shepard realises that Harbingers defeat singals the other Reapers t fall back (or some ending scenario) and then a nice lovey ending.

.....sadly we didn't get that but thats what happened in my mind....thats how I will remember the ME trilogy ending.
#1 (Edited 773d ago ) | Agree(40) | Disagree(20) | Report | Reply
Godmars290  +   773d ago
You're ignoring/missing an important and telling detail: how do you know the Reaper that comes down and blasts Shepard towards the end is Harbinger?

While its somewhat forgivable in a game to have one character point to some shape and say, "Hey! Its THAT bad guy!" with no other indication, in a story that's Ed Wood level lazy storytelling.
Nitrowolf2  +   773d ago
what I find funny is them referring to EA as the "real" one. Didn't know there were other ones out there lol

they prob. mean subdivisions though or the EA that is in charge of all region EA
#1.1.1 (Edited 773d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report
CmonBeReal   773d ago | Spam
SilentNegotiator  +   773d ago
The title should be: "EA: “The real EA doesn’t hurt (us)”"

Bioware is a subsidiary. They ARE Electronic Arts. They're not going to say bad of themselves, or else they will be promptly fired.

This is like a manager of a corporate store saying "This chain of stores is great! Corporate treats us very well!" ....in an interview for Corporations Monthly.

Only the biggest of fool fans would go "Well, if he says so! It must be true! It's not like his superiors are going to read this when it's published and fire him if he says something negative that could only hurt their image!"
#1.2 (Edited 773d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
nrvalleytime  +   773d ago
It's unfortunate, really. We know they cat say anything too specific about EA, but I'd hate to see time be the only way we uncover what's going on at the studio. We saw that happen two months ago with the Kingdoms of Avalar developer, and it wasn't pretty. I don't think BioWare will go that route, but we're on the outside looking in.
sjaakiejj  +   773d ago
This sentence was aimed at you:
"So how do I answer this with you believing my answer is genuine and not influenced or whatever?"

Think about it, would EA really gain anything out of treating Bioware like shit? They bought the company because of their talent, and demonstrated ability to make games. Why would it be in their interest to destroy that work ethic?
GUNS N SWORDS  +   773d ago
@ MikeCosgrove

Harbinger?

I thought i read Hamburger. lol, i need to get my rest it's 3 AM where I'm at.
#1.3 (Edited 773d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
fossilfern  +   772d ago
Your right ME3 did feel rushed and I'm not just judging the game on its ending, im talking about the entire game. It just felt like a Sci-Fi TPS with lacking content compared to ME1 and 2. To be fair ME2 felt more like a TPS than an RPG but the areas you explored and the missions you went on were so much more interesting compared to ME3.
Heavenly King  +   772d ago
I also wanted to fight Harbringer :(
lonesoul65  +   772d ago
ya know...what is truly lost here is imagination. No one freaked out when Inception left the story up to USE YOUR BRAIN. I personally really enjoyed ME3 and had no real issue with the end of the game. Sometimes not knowing everything, is knowing enough. It's kinda sad to me that someone can tell another person that their vision of something just isn't good enough. Will never make sense to me but I guess some things just aren't supposed to .
user5467007  +   772d ago
Film....video games

Two very differn't things

Lets not forget Nolan is a genius when it comes to script writting and directing.
lonesoul65  +   771d ago
I totally agree that they are two different mediums and you are correct about he Genius comment = ) Nice to get a constructive comment instead of a flame...thanks MikeC = )
NewZealander  +   773d ago
for some reason i kept reading "pay grade" as "gay parade" lol

plus the indoctrination theory sucked, thank god they didn't take that option!
ALLWRONG  +   773d ago
now that's funny
Knight_Crawler  +   773d ago

Dyslexia is a very broad term defining a learning disability that impairs a person's fluency or comprehension accuracy in being able to read,[1] and which can manifest itself as a difficulty with phonological awareness, phonological decoding, orthographic coding, auditory short-term memory, or rapid naming.[2][3]

Dyslexia is distinct from reading difficulties resulting from other causes, such as a non-neurological deficiency with vision or hearing, or from poor or inadequate reading instruction.[4][5] It is believed that dyslexia can affect between 5 and 10 percent of a given population although there have been no studies to indicate an accurate percentage.
422185  +   773d ago
Your comment looks like it was copied and pasted from somewhere.
NewZealander  +   773d ago
hell thanks for getting me all worried lol, off to the quack i go :p
bubblebeam  +   773d ago
@Knight_Crawler

"Its called Dyslexia and you should get it checked out by a doctor before it gets any worst."

Nah, I think your dyslexia is **WORSE** than his. Just my opinion. Yours actually might be the **WORST case I have seen.**

Oh by the way, nice copy paste from Wikipedia lol. You must be mad at that Kiwi guy lol.
Irishguy95  +   773d ago
The indoctrination theory made more sense than the actual ending
zeal0us  +   773d ago
"Bioware: “The real EA doesn’t hurt (us)”"

So I'm guess the fake EA, the entity that fanboys fantasize doing no evil and the best company in the world, does hurt you?
sjaakiejj  +   773d ago
Did you even bother to read the article? It's EA's reputation that hurts Bioware, not EA as a company.
Summons75  +   773d ago
yeah your right they only brainwashed you and now your just as greedy as they are
rdgneoz3  +   773d ago
I'm thinking the later seeing how things have turned out lately.
422185  +   773d ago
Did anyone honestly think they were going to speak against their bosses?
Moby-Royale  +   773d ago
They were..... indocrinated....

Well that's just my THEORY.
ALLWRONG  +   773d ago
Tell the first game that
#5 (Edited 773d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
modesign  +   773d ago
isnt bioware victory butchering the next command and conquer. RIP great Title
Mikefizzled  +   773d ago
Don't write off anything we have seen so little of
#6.1 (Edited 773d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
swat_teem  +   773d ago
bioware victory is not related to bioware they are two differant developers
Megaton  +   773d ago
There's no saving BioWare. They are too far gone under EA indoctrination.
ninjahunter  +   773d ago
Ok, Well, first i didnt buy it because EA ruined it. But now im not going to buy it because your writers and a good portion of your dev team suck. :O

WOW, what a weight off your shoulders
taquito   773d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(1)
LordMe  +   773d ago
EA is not ruining Bioware, I think this is Bioware fault.

EA was behind Dragon Age: Origin's, which was praised, and Mass Effect 2, which was praised. I think BW is just on the decline.
aliengmr  +   773d ago
EA probably hasn't helped, but BioWare deserves the largest share of the blame for sure.
greatcrusader44  +   773d ago
DA:O was in development for around 4yrs before Bioware was bought out by EA. Only thing I know they contributed to that title was making them take Shale out of main game and make her dlc that came with the game new. Mass effect 2 was lacking a lot of rpg components combat wise but I do agree it was great (Still prefer first one). DA2 was only in development for around 13 months and they made a new engine for it so it's no surprise how it turned out. ME3 team wanted an extra 6 months to work on it some more, but were only given 3. Can't say an extra 3 months would've made it better, and ending was already written, but joining EA def did ruin the development of DA2 (had 1/5 time it took to make DAO) and who knows how much better ME3 might've been with another 3 months.
ProjectDeputy  +   773d ago
learn some facts dude

EA ONLY published DO back then bioware was not bought.
Same for ME2...bioware was already working on me2...EA had nothing to do with these 2 games they where ONLY publishers
LAWSON72  +   773d ago
I highly doubt that bioware would say ea has f'd them up the ass. I think both each and bioware are just full of shit. All they both have ever done is ruin my favorite games. They are both doing it for the money because greed is ugly but hey without we would not get the big expensive blockbusters that advance are genres and push them in new directions (at least they are suppose to anyway).
All bioware does is make there rpgs into some generic action game or shooter.Sometimes I wish games would stop being so simple and easy. I understand making games like this so everybody can pick up and play but fans don't like being fucked up the ass by their favorite developers and hopefully in the end bioware fails hard at something and comes to their senses. I wish developers would go back to what makes games awesome and unique. If only it was cheap and wasnt a huge risk to make a game, because everybody just copies others or sticks with the same formula, I guess creativity in gaming just doesn't come cheap. That's why the past few years have been sequel after sequel and shooter after shooter.
aiBreeze  +   773d ago
Only a complete idiot would speak out against their bosses. Then again, you'd have thought only a complete idiot would want to sell their studio to EA.
FrightfulActions  +   773d ago
So who won Worst Company in America Award - real EA or fake EA?
Kin23g  +   773d ago
lol
ArronC07  +   773d ago
I never knew so many disgruntled employees of EA/Bioware spent their time commenting on N4G.
sugadaddy  +   773d ago
In his capacity as "Community Coordinator" he's essentially a PR guy--of course he's going to say the "real" EA doesn't hurt them.
nrvalleytime  +   773d ago
Sad, but true. Maybe the newest round of layoffs at the company will give someone the freedom to tell us how it is, one way or the other.
cleft5  +   773d ago
A guy says something positive about EA and the whole internet calls him a liar. It's sad that gamers have become this jaded and cynical.
nrvalleytime  +   773d ago
Consumerism in general gravitates this way; reporting on someone doing his job, unfortunately, exists as news in a digital age. Companies are being questioned about their practices like never before, and the Internet (and all of us behind our computers) leads the charge, even if many of us have no idea about a better solution.

What the majority of people are really saying is, "give me the product I want"; meeting that demand is classic economics, despite the jaded, cynical nature it often takes within our genre.
#16.1 (Edited 773d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
cleft5  +   772d ago
Well said.
Persistantthug  +   773d ago
About Jade Empire:
I have a friend here in the Bay Area who works for EA,
and I asked him about Jade Empire (Actually I asked him about several games), and he told me that a sequel would likely never be possible, because Bioware, as a good of a developer as they are, they were terrible as business and deal makers.
His words were
"Bioware's business sense was like a turnip".

Basically, EA doesn't own Jade Empire, and cant, rather, EA won't pay to get the IP back.

They somewhat did it with Mass Effect, where EA has the franchise IP, but even then, they couldn't work a deal out where they got all of the particular game (MASS EFECT 1) as a game IP back to itself.

Maybe I'm not articulating that last part well enough, but that's the gist.
#17 (Edited 773d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ProjectDeputy  +   773d ago
i hope the rumors of ea searching for a company to buy them is true...jsut not something worse (no activision or nexon plz)
Perez  +   773d ago
Do I hate EA? or do I hate the image they cant shake off?

I'd say the image more then the company, I understand perfectly as a corporate entity that EA aims to make money and pay its shareholders, there is nothing wrong with this at all.

Yet its always been the way EA and Activision and a big swathe of gaming companies (and retail in general ie. Gamestop et al) have gone about making the Big green dollar that makes consumers jaded and cynical.

Its always been nickel and diming in recent years.
Online passes, DLC (on disc and launch day), buggy unplayable game launches (D3 anyone?), rushed games (there are a few in that ol' EA stable) will always rile people in the idea that didnt we just pay for a whole product that works and that you don't have to fork out more for the full picture.

P.S
DLC done right is a fine thing but its getting harder to find in a sea of gimmicks and blatant money grabbing.
Blacklash93  +   772d ago
While I'm sure EA had made some bad decisions for ME3's development that hurt the game in terms of budgets and time... the weak story and writing and stupidly concieved plot points, which were ME3's main faults, are soley on Bioware.
kjsdhfisdfwe   772d ago | Spam

NBA 2K15 - First Look at “The Stage”

13m ago - Today, Chris Smoove has released a new NBA 2K15 video which gives us the first look at The Stage.... | PC

Ascent, A Space Shooter MMO With 270 Billion Star Systems.

14m ago - Marcus Estrada writes: "Some of Ascent's highlights include planets that rival the size of Earth... | PC

AdventureQuest: Dragons Inspired By Cookie Clicker

16m ago - SegmentNext writes: "Developer Artix Entertainment has announced a new iteration in their popular... | PC

NBA 2K15 - MyPARK Mode Full Details

18m ago - The Park was first introduced in NBA 2K14. It was the first iteration of a revolutionary mode uns... | PC

iCreditCardNow.com

Now - Quickly locate just the right card for you. | Promoted post

Yozakura Revealed In Newest Shinovi Versus Video

24m ago - Hardcore Gamer: This latest and surprisingly not-too-NSFW trailer teases Senran Kagura Shinvo ver... | 3DS