Submitted by FanOfGaming 710d ago | rumor

Rumor: Killzone 4 Being Written By A Crysis 2 Dev

Dual Pixels - According to a Crysis 2 lead story writer’s Linked-in, he’s currently working on an unannounced project for Guerilla Games and Sony, possibly Killzone 4. (Killzone 4, PS3)

Alternative Sources
Hard to tell
Is this rumor true? Rumor votes 15
DA_SHREDDER  +   710d ago
Noooooooooooooooo! Keep your tainted hands of my favorite fps you sons of bitches!!!
Hisiru  +   710d ago
I hope it's not true because I really enjoyed the Killzone universe and all the story elements. I played Crysis 2 and it's not a bad game, but I think the story is very weak.
#1.1 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(20) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
morganfell  +   710d ago
I do not believe it is true. Guerrilla has stated they are focused on an original IP not set in the Killzone Universe so this could likely be the project.
Eyeco  +   710d ago
pot calling the kettle black, Killzone 2-3 stories were abortions, they had this great concept of a space war yet they some how screwed it up with 2d characters, generic plotlines, horrible voice acting and a missed opportunity to explore the morality of warfare,

Where is this great Helghan culture that there so proud of, all we see is a bunch of old men bickering, where are the women and children the families in general ? the workers ? intellects ? the farmers ? how was life on Helghan before the war? they could have explored and conveyed an entire world, but instead what we get is Space Nazi's= BAD, Space Allies =GOOD, NUKE= BAD, Space nazi's+ Nuke= BAD, BAD.

terrible, what a missed opportunity.
LiViNgLeGaCY  +   710d ago
Eyeco

You forgot to type, "In my opinion". Since, you know, that's what it is.
gaffyh  +   709d ago
KZ2 and 3 stories were Shakespearean masterpieces compared to Crysis 2's story, which was almost non-existent.
jimbobwahey  +   710d ago
I'm much more concerned as to whether they screw up the multiplayer portion of the game again or not. The online in Killzone 2 was absolutely brilliant fun, but Killzone 3 was sadly a terribly designed, unbalanced mess.

I'm pretty sure one of GG's key level designers left after KZ2 shipped as well, which would explain the downright abysmal map design in KZ3 as well.
lol you liked kz3 story? sigh.. Also it's not like the game isn't tainted already.

I wouldn't mind if they sold me kz4 Multiplayer for $30 that is all.
#1.3 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
joab777  +   710d ago
No, but I do think killzone has the characters, enemies, and setting to have a brilliant story written for it.
joab777  +   710d ago
I agree. And if ur gonna bring in someone, please say it's not the guy who did crysis 2. WTF I swear sometimes I think Sony is crazy with the decisions they make.
cedaridge  +   709d ago
LOL "Your reaction was just too funny to me." LOL psn: cedaridge / xbl: cedar4Thunder
Darth Stewie  +   710d ago
This is not good news to me as I always thought Crysis story seamed bland.
Pandamobile  +   710d ago
So was Killzone's lol
Shikoro  +   710d ago
Maybe, but the backstory has so much potential, it just needs a few talented people who know how to present it in an enjoyable way.
bubblebeam  +   709d ago
Crysis 2 story put me to sleep. Killzones isn't the best, but number 2 was fairly decent. PLus, it has huuuuuge potential.

Hopefully the crysis 2 guy left them because he was ashamed of the story, so he joined a franchise with much more potential. Crysis 1 was good, number 2 is number 2, if you get my meaning....
Punch-o  +   710d ago
Not a good move imo.
Zha1tan  +   710d ago
The story to Killzone 3 wasnt good, was kind of lackluster from the built up trailers.

Still a good game though but Crysis 2s story was pretty awful.
#4 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(17) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
dboyc310  +   710d ago
I know !! the writting in KZ3 was really bad.
-Alpha  +   710d ago
Both are pretty unexceptional seems to be the concensus. I just hope GG finally lets us play ad the Helghast and tells the story we all want to explore
Zha1tan  +   710d ago
exactly, id love to play helghast.

The ISA just reminds me of america and the main characters on their faction are so stereotypical its painful.

I think most just want to get under that black helmet and destroy the ISA for the glory of scholar VIsari!
joab777  +   710d ago
Yeah, how about the helghast splinter and we take control of a rebel helghast group. Just get rid of everyone else Lol. It could work.
-Alpha  +   710d ago
I just want to torture Rico.
#4.2.3 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(1) | Report
Zha1tan  +   710d ago
who doesnt want to shoot rico? hes an asshole and always angry.

Would be putting him out of his misery.

And if you read up on the lore the ISA were actually the original aggressors in the war despite the game tailoring them as "heros."
#4.2.4 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report
bubblebeam  +   709d ago
TBH, as much as a fantasise as playing as the helghast, I think it would ruin the mystery behind them (at least for me). They are so scary, and the top of the line AI makes them even more so.

It's like telling a kid that the boogey man is only doing the things he does to feed his wife and starving kids and pay off his mortgage.
totallysane  +   710d ago
O gawd don't kill killzone story to! leave it alone. and that guy STILL looks like billy bob thornton.
PR_FROM_OHIO  +   710d ago
OMG i hope this is not true!!! SONY please don't ruin this great FPS bc the story in CRYSIS 2 was a fucking joke and Crysis was just as bad!!!!
TABSF  +   710d ago
Crysis was not bad, Warhead was better.
Crysis 2 yeah pretty much discarded Crysis and claimed it was a simulation. Total Fail!!!

Killzone was great
Killzone 2 was just awful
Killzone 3 was much better

Well KZ4 should be good but I'd wait till next gen now, PS3 will just hold it back. PS4 release title, now that would be interesting.
Dipso  +   710d ago
Killzone 3's writing was absolutely dire, I can't see this guy doing any worse.
The Killzone universe and back story are fantastic, but no game other than the original has come close to doing it justice.
#8 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
r21  +   710d ago
dont know whether this is good or not, seeing as i've yet to play crysis 2 BUT based on the comments in here, yikes! GG really need to get some better writers though but whoever picked the VA, dont change that. he/she did a splendid job of casting voices compared for kz3 than kz2.
totallysane  +   710d ago
I've played just a few hours of the campaign, it could not feel anymore like call of duty.. with a nanosuit. Played crysis 1 and found that challenging. 2 was just bad
#9.1 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
ame22  +   710d ago
Killzone 3's story was preposterous. It was as if game devs assume gamers are retards. I don't think gamers will shy away from your games GG if you dug deeper into the political undertones of Helghast's governing body and their totalitarian and Nazist methods.
BlackPrince 42  +   710d ago
My god, who are all these people defending Killzone's story?

Killzone occasionally had some neat story ideas, but the writing and plotting have never risen above bad.

The story in Crysis 2 wasn't original by any means, but the dialogue was extremely sharp. Certainly more intelligent than the constant swearing of Killzone 2 or the lame "we're going to disobey orders and do the stupid thing and somehow it works" mentality of Killzone 3.
Megaton  +   710d ago
Yuck. Killzone's story isn't exactly Shakespearean, but Crysis' is way worse. Almost as bad as Gears.
ChunkyLover53  +   710d ago
Gears story wise is far better than Killzone or Crysis, which is why Gears has an expanded universe full of novels.

You should probably mention that its of your own personal opinion that the Gears story isn't very good. Its of my opinion that its much better then it gets credit for. I actually care about the characters and the story in all of the games, I was more then thrilled with how Gears 3 turned out.
#12.1 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
Megaton  +   710d ago
Eh... it's not very good. Gears' strengths are in its gameplay, especially during co-op.
Dualshockers_Carlos  +   710d ago
This doesn't mean that it won't be developed by GG you fools, it's just penned (story wise) by a another developer. Besides its all speculation.
CanadianTurtle  +   710d ago
In my opinion, KZ's universe, and basic story/setting is a really good idea, just poorly executed. Although, I don't think getting a Crytek dev is going to do it any justice.
Shadowolf  +   710d ago
After reading many of the comments that believe the Killzone universe needs a better, more compelling story to drive the experience forward, what shooter currently on the market offers such a great story? I'm just curious.

I agree the story needs improvement, I tend to believe Lugar and Hakha need to be re-introduced to add more character chemistry to the experience similar to the original Killzone, but I still would like to know what shooters on the market offer a great story.
Breadcrab  +   710d ago
Some examples of recent shooters that had a decent-good story: Darkness 2, Spec Ops: The Line, Max Payne 3, Resistance 3, and possibly Uncharted 3.
#15.1 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Shadowolf  +   707d ago
Breadcab I must admit, all the games you mentioned do offer great story narratives. Even though UC3 can be considered an action adventure it does offer a strong 3rd person shooter package.

The original Killzone I believe still offers the overall best story of all the games in the series and I hope Guerrilla can inject this form character development into the experience moving forward with the games already top-notch gunplay action.
Tsukuyomi  +   710d ago
Guerilla should stay working on the Killzone franchise themselves then to let an outside source taint this fps they do just fine by themselves and the games show that
palaeomerus  +   710d ago
No the first one was flawed, and the last two have been pretty disappointing. They have Good art (that borrows a lot from the look of the Jin Roh anime, which itself borrows a lot from the look of paramilitary riot gear, MG42's, and stahl helms. Sadly Killzone has poor...well...just about everything else.
Rhezin  +   710d ago
They should get Steven S. Deknight from Spartacus. That guy knows good story telling. His new series "Incursion" is going to be Halo meets Band of Brothers.
Breadcrab  +   710d ago
Crysis 2's story was a mess, but I'll still give this guy a chance. There's really nowhere to go but up at this point.

Seriously, I dare you to hear Sev's "motivational speech" from the game, then come up to me and say with a straight face that KZ3 had good writing.

Not to mention the ending was such a punch in the junk that I spent the next week with my legs crossed.
NeoTribe  +   710d ago
They could use some help with story. Killzone 3 tried to go way to hollywood movie like. Thought the story sucked. They should get help from naughty dog not another group of game developers who also suck at story making.

Diablo HD Remake In Development With Divinity: Original Sin Engine

8m ago - The first Diablo is getting an unofficial HD remake thanks to one devoted fan. He's rebuilding th... | PC

Should Sims 4 have a premium subscription service? Perhaps

31m ago - It recently came to light that The Sims 4 will likely have a premium subscription service and MWE... | PC

Dual Pixels: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS Impressions

34m ago - Last week, Dual Pixels was invited by Nintendo to visit their New York City headquarters to demo... | Wii U

Gamer Angry Over Dragon Age: Inquisition Sexual Choices (Satire)

35m ago - Video Games Made Me Do It: "Earlier this year it was announced from Bioware that Dragon Age: Inqu... | Culture

Looking for a great Pokemon Community?

Now - Look no further. Join us at the BulbaGarden Forums, the best community for everything Pokemon | Promoted post

Shovel Knight review | GeekNifty

1h ago - Talk about pure retro bliss. Shovel Knight is one of the most well-known Kickstarter video gam... | PC