Bioshock Recreated By Crytek's UK Artist in CryEngine 3

DSOGaming writes: "Crytek’s UK Artist, Cry-ScottH, has been working on recreating some Bioshock levels in CryEngine 3. We’ve featured an early screenshot of this project in one of our weekly CryEngine 3 galleries, however the artist has released some new screenshots that surely deserve the spotlight."

Read Full Story >>
The story is too old to be commented.
chukamachine1950d ago


Only wish more devs used this engine.

Proeliator1949d ago

I think it costs many millions to license, versus Unreal, which is significantly less and thus why we see it more.

Trenta271949d ago

From what I have read, Unreal ends up taking part of the profits of the game after a quota has been reached. Cryengine is just a flat out fee. Just depends on how successful you think the game is going to be.

ginsunuva1949d ago

Cryengine 3 is free, actually. If devs wish to use it for a commercial product, all they have to do is pay 20% of money made from the Cryengine 3 product to Crytek.

Grap1949d ago

yah and the 20% is too low. i don't care. i have the other 80%. ops there is publisher money. now i am F**ked.

xXBlondieVanHarlowXx1949d ago (Edited 1949d ago )

Cryoshock??? Sh*t!! Hurry go trademark it. You'll get a nickle every time somebody says it.

On topic: It looks awesum!!! :O,,,,,l

Oh_Yeah1949d ago (Edited 1949d ago )

yesssss please, im not a fan of the over saturated cartoony look of bioshock. still like the game though

SephirothX211949d ago

No CryEngine 3 SDK is free which includes the c++ code of the game files but not of the editor. If a company uses sdk and sell the game, then they pay 20% of revenue to Crytek. If they want to use the full CryEngine 3 engine with level editor source code, then its about a million for the license.

hiredhelp1949d ago

You done your homework your right btw well done.

WeskerChildReborned1949d ago

I say next Bioshock after Infinite if their is one should use Cryengine.

+ Show (2) more repliesLast reply 1949d ago
CanadianTurtle1949d ago (Edited 1949d ago )

Well, now we know how a next gen Bioshock remake would look like. Yes, it looks that good.

SilentNegotiator1949d ago

Yes, because its easy to make a game look 10x better when you have no limitations on hardware with your company's supercomputers vs making a game that is expected to run on consoles and the average 2007 consumer PC setup.

HammadTheBeast1949d ago

you get an internets for realistic ideals.

beerkeg1949d ago

He's saying that's what it could like like on next gen consoles SilentNegotiator. Everything you've just talked about has nothing to do with the comment you've replied to.

SilentNegotiator1949d ago (Edited 1949d ago )

He said the game looked "next-gen good" and I followed his comment up by making it clear WHY it looks that good. Don't tell me what's relevant or not, buddy.

beerkeg1949d ago

What you said had nothing to do with what he was talking about. You just wanted to have a little rant. Don't dress it up as anything else, it wasn't relevent.

+ Show (1) more replyLast reply 1949d ago
A7XEric1949d ago

God this just makes me realize even more how lame UE3 is.

Sony3601949d ago (Edited 1949d ago )

UE3 is actually one of the best engines made this generation. 4 years old and is still being updated, upgraded, and used in most games today.

It's been one of the most versatile, flexible, and easy to use engines for developers for a while.

It's too bad that you, and the 9 people who agreed with you, know nothing about it other than some games being made it it.

mynameisEvil1949d ago

4 years old? RoboBlitz was the first game to use the engine (Gears of War came out a day later) on November 6, 2006. That's nearing 6 years, not four.

But, yes, it is a good engine. However, CryEngine is still a more powerful engine.

DigitalAnalog1949d ago (Edited 1949d ago )

It may be the most flexible engine but I would hardly call it the "best". The games that actually utilizes this engine properly can be counted with my fingers.

modesign1949d ago

they both look identical, the only difference is cryengine has couple more colors.

Show all comments (35)
The story is too old to be commented.