Submitted by MarcusBishop2 885d ago | opinion piece

Top 10 PlayStation 3 Exclusive Games of All Time

ConsoleXP.com: "The PlayStation 3 experienced high turbulence on its launch day followed by a lack of exclusive games. Regrettably, like many of us who doubted Sony their first couple of years, the PlayStation brand has seemingly redeemed itself becoming undoubtedly one of the most promising game divisions this generation. The PlayStation brand has always focused on inspirational variety from their well-talented first-party studios who also introduced us to creatively intricate and innovative games.

It’s worth taking a trip back in time reminiscing on games that have miraculously defined the brand and influenced those who may have doubted their favorite gaming company to bring phenomenal exclusives to the PlayStation 3." (Demon's Souls, Flower, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain , Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, MLB 12: The Show, PS3, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Valkyria Chronicles)

What about inFAMOUS?
Major_Nailson  +   885d ago
Yeah infamous should be #1 in my opinion. Those listed games are horrible. Valkyria Chronicles?? you have got to be kidding me, that game is horrible! it lacks RPG elements, free roam and gameplay tactics.

Heavy Rain shouldn't be on that list either, quick time events aren't innovative in my opinion. The story was a mess, it was so hard to follow.

MGS4 shouldn't be there too. I mean, come on, Kojima even admitted he screwed up with MGS4 by adding too many cutscenes.

My personal list:
10. Uncharted 1
9. Haze
8. Lair
7. inFamous
6. Gran Turismo Prologue
5. Ratchet & Clank All for 1
4. Journey
3. Battlefield 3
2. Modern Warfare 2
1. 3D Dot Heroes
#1.1 (Edited 885d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(50) | Report | Reply
Abash  +   885d ago
Sorry but this article is really bad. Where is God of War? inFamous? Killzone? So many great series left out
Major_Nailson  +   885d ago
@Abash its a bad article because your favorite games aren't on the list?

Those games you listed suck (in my opinion)

Killzone was too blurry, brown and generic

God of War 3 was the worst of its series

Infamous 1 or 2?

The article doesn't suck but I think ConsoleXP has the worst taste when it comes to PS3 games, they are a Xbox fanboy website if you look at their review history
Dualshockers_Carlos  +   885d ago
you just lost all credibility the second you put haze and lair in there
Axecution  +   885d ago
@Tech Gear
Now THAT's a bad list. Especially If you're gonna criticize the site for having a bad taste in games by including MGS4 AND HEAVY RAIN

Why Uncharted 1 over 2?

Haze was awful... but i guess it's all opinion. I mean it was a fun beat-in-one-day co-op game but...

Lair was decent for 2007 but definitely wasn't even game-of-the-month material.

Why would you pick Gran Turismo Prologue over GT5 when Prologue was just a demo for 5? GT5 is just a way bigger GT Prologue.

And All 4 One? Other than maybe Yakuza Dead Souls, A41 was my most disappointing game of the year. :/ It was way more childish than the Future series, had unfunny one-liners repeated throughout the entire game, all rehashed weapons, etc.

And Modern Warfare 2 isn't even exclusive LOL

im just saying, i mean, it's all a matter of opinion, but if you're gonna criticize a gaming site for having a "wrong" opinion and make your own list, you should at least make sure Haze isn't on it. xD

[Nostalgia moment:
I remember spending 60 dollars on Haze when it came out. About 3 hours into the game when you need to drive the Warth... whatever it was, every single time, i would fall through the ground and just fall forever. lmao restarted the ps3 and tried again like 15 times before rage quitting]
#1.1.4 (Edited 885d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(0) | Report
SavageFlamingo  +   885d ago
Haze was bad. Why Prologue and not 5? BF3 isn't an exclusive, and neither is Call of Duty.
Pintheshadows  +   885d ago
So I guess i'm going to have to be the one that points out that Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefield 3 are not exclusives.

Ahh, SavageFlamingo beat me by a minute.
#1.1.6 (Edited 885d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report
ItsMeAgain  +   885d ago
...
#1.1.7 (Edited 885d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report
CanadianTurtle  +   885d ago
That is probably the worst list I have ever read in my life. No self respecting gamer would ever put Haze on their list. Thats like a public embarassment.
hulk_bash1987  +   885d ago
Haha come on guys TechGear is obviously trolling. Haze? Battlefield 3? Modern Warfare 2? LOL nice try troll.
BlaqMagiq24  +   885d ago
If you're gonna troll try and do a better job than that
nix  +   885d ago
top ten????

it should be more like top 30. yes people PS3 does have so many exclusives.
TheOneWhoKnocks  +   884d ago
so many problems with your list
10. 3rd best uncharted game
9 WTF
8 see #9
7 ok, could also go with #2
6 sort of a tech demo for gt5
5 TOD and CIT were better games
4 Only game you nailed
3 not exclusive
2 see #3
1 why did i bother replying to this abomination of a post
EVILDEAD360  +   884d ago
No God of War 3 or Killzone 2?

Flower over Journey??

Gran Turismo #9??

I'm taking my ball and going home..that is all..

LOL..kidding

Evil
ipe  +   884d ago
Gtfo with your trolling.

Tools like u give this site a bad name
Persistantthug  +   885d ago
I'm good with this list.
And VALKYRIA CHRONICLES was a near masterpiece.

All game developer-designers should strive for the kind of quality that VC's developers exerted when they make their games.
miyamoto  +   880d ago
shet! i should have bought that game! gotta hunt it down again.

because Uncharted 2 got me into gaming way late in 2010

any ways I never make top tens way too limiting. top twenty will do. real gamers have more than ten games per system.
#1.2.1 (Edited 880d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
cobblestone19  +   885d ago
Since everyone else is posting up their list...

1. Ico & SOTC Collection
2. Heavy Rain
3. Journey
4. Uncharted 3
5. God of War 3
6. LittleBigPlanet 2
7. inFamous 2
8. Gran Turismo 5
9. Killzone 3
10. Ratchet & Clank: ACIT
#1.3 (Edited 885d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Conzul  +   884d ago
Good list. Switch the 3's for 2's though, then you'll have it nailed.
@TechGear
I like the list but I think Valkyria Chronicles & MLB The Show should be replace by inFAMOUS & Killzone. They also forgot God Of War III.

My List:
1.Uncharted Series
2.God Of War III
3. Metal Gear Solid 4
4.inFAMOUS Series
5.Killzone 2 & 3
6.LBP Series
7.Gran Turismo 5
8.Ratchet & Clank A Crack In Time
9.Journey
10.Flower
#2 (Edited 885d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
SavageFlamingo  +   885d ago
This is a pretty good list.
NastyLeftHook0  +   885d ago
Demons Souls
Uncharted
God Of War
Metal Gear Solid 4
Infamous
LittleBigPlanet
Heavy Rain
valkrie Chronicals
Gran Turismo 5
Killzone 2 (or resistance 1)
#3 (Edited 885d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
NYC_Gamer  +   885d ago
Wow, no Heavenly Sword?
#4 (Edited 885d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
NastyLeftHook0  +   885d ago
that too! man ps3 has so much exclusives its unbelievable, i would also put 3d dot heroes, ico shadow of the collossus collection should be there too. and even motorstorm pacific rift, such a blast!
MultiConsoleGamer  +   885d ago
A couple of these titles are on my bet games of the generation list.
alessandro10  +   885d ago
something that can be denied Uncharted its the first, the rest of the list can be debatable
WeskerChildReborned  +   885d ago
My personal number 1 would be MGS4.
StrongMan  +   885d ago
The PS3 has too many great exclusives to narrow it down to only 10. That's impossible.
ChunkyLover53   883d ago | Immature | show
Bathyj  +   885d ago
LBP without a doubt. Its what gaming is all about, and the high point of creativity for me.

This outlet for non programming types like me who have wanted to make their own games for decades cant be matched.

I only hope LBP 3 is full 3D and lets you create on 3 axis.
Holeran  +   885d ago
No Killzone series or God Of War series in the list killed it right there.
SweatyFlorida  +   885d ago
I don't think I can decide a strict list of only 10 games, but Demon's Souls and MGS4 would definitely have to be included.

And technically it would be a waste of time to devise a list since Playsation 3 hasn't ended yet. There are still upcoming exclusives that could blow us away and alter our "list".

Here's hoping PSASBR and The Last of Us secure a spot for my list in the future! x)
Mac is OK  +   885d ago
1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Uncharted 2
3. God Of War III
4. Demon's Souls
5. Ratchet & Clank A Crack In Time
6. Heavy Rain
7. inFamous
8. LittleBigPlanet 2
9. Journey
10. Killzone 2
#12 (Edited 885d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Sucitta  +   885d ago
I'd just like to chime in about Infamous. Ive been an xbot since the birth of live. Had a ps3 sitting here being used as strictly a media player until i recently started playing my free ps3 Infamous gift i received for PSN being hacked.

In a nutshell, I'll be skipping 720 for ps4 based on my first playthrough of a truly amazing game ! It was only after plaything this game did i fully understand what everyone has been talking about with Sony having such quality exclusives. I can't think of one exclusive from xbox that even comes close.

2012 and I have so many treats to look forward to! Can't wait to play Infamous2, the Drakes Uncharted Series, Heavy Rain = ) I bought Plus for Infamous2 = )

Now if i could only use my Razer Onza on my ps3 for Battlefield, I'd say tootle loo to my friends and xbox live subscription. = ) Really can't believe ive been missing out on all this playstation goodness <3
BitbyDeath  +   885d ago
My Top 10

10. Killzone 2
09. Resistance : Fall of Man
08. LittleBigPlanet 2
07. Motorstorm : Pacific Rift
06. inFamous 2
05. God of War 3
04. Uncharted 2
03. Metal Gear Solid 4
02. Heavy Rain
01. Warhawk
#14 (Edited 885d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Greyslash  +   885d ago
Why all the hate for Haze? I loved that game, it made fun of typical action games, it was a great experience, even though it was short. Also, God of War 3 was the best in the series, and Heavy Rain was amazing.
Tokyo_reject  +   885d ago
No im sorry... horrible article ...also this person doesnt even know what PS3 Exclusive means..MLB: The Show series was also on PS Vita...juuuuuuuuuuuuust saying haha.
Also Dark Souls IS going to the PC.....so yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa
#16 (Edited 885d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
SweatyFlorida  +   885d ago
DARK souls was multiplatform to begin with -_-

The article mentioned DEMON'S Souls, which is and will remain, a Ps3 Exclusive.
Tokyo_reject  +   885d ago
ooooohhhh my bad =P
EmperorDalek  +   885d ago
Infamous 1+2 > Uncharted trilogy. Actually, scratch that. Infamous 2 alone beats the Uncharted trilogy.

Much better story.
Better, deeper gameplay.
Whereas Uncharted has....... multiplayer? I even prefer Infamous 2 visually in some parts.
Wigriff  +   885d ago
Where the fuck was Hello Kitty Island Adventure? Pfft.
black911  +   885d ago
My favorite Heavy Rain. Can't wait for Beyond Two Souls.
r21  +   885d ago
its an ok list, nothing surprising. though its nice to see VC be on a top 10, great game. maybe inFamous wasnt included cause the author hasnt played it yet. again, another great exclusive :D
StreetsofRage  +   885d ago
1. God of War 3
2. Motorstorm
3. Resistance
4. Uncharted 2
5. Demon's Soul

That's pretty much it for me. Add all the sequels to these games and you got my ps3 list. Everything else is MEH!
thehusbo  +   885d ago
U probably haven't played any of those games.. U just felt the need to troll again.
Transporter47  +   885d ago
Why make a top 10, there are so many exclusives should try to name all of them xD
aDDicteD  +   884d ago
god of war 3 and infamous should be on the list as well as metal gear solid 4 should be no.1. uncharted series were great but mgs4 is far more better and epic
TheOneWhoKnocks  +   884d ago
1 Uncharted 2
2 Journey
3 Heavy Rain
4 God of War III
5 Resistance 3
6 Infamous 2
7 LittleBigPlanet
8 Killzone 2
9 Gran Turismo 5
10 Flower

unfortunately ive never played MGS4, demon souls or warhawk so thats why there not included
Emilio_Estevez  +   884d ago
List is so screwy. There are a bunch of very questionable choices.
Phoenix76  +   884d ago
What a crap list!!!! im totally amazed that they didnt put Eyepet on their list lmao ;)
OmniSlashPT  +   884d ago
Uncharted 2. enough said
Fixlarz  +   883d ago
My personal number 1 is God of War 3. Mainly because the game looks absolutely stunning and many parts of the game were just amazing, for example the Poseidon scene was INCREDIBLE. I had low expectations of this game (mainly because I hadn't played GoW games before) and was baffled by the awesomeness. Definitely my favorite game, I just hate myself for not buying a collector's edition.

#2-10 Don't really matter.

Only game on the list I certainly do not agree with is the MLB series, as I hate most sports games, but to a fan of baseball I'm sure it's good. It's just that baseball isn't that big in too many countries but hey, I don't care.

Also, I don't agree with the Uncharted series being on top. UC is losing it's appeal to me but don't get me wrong, the latest game is great but it just doesn't feel that different from the previous game. Sure the graphics are pretty but it doesn't help that much. 1st UC was great, 2nd was even better but the third one let me down. I just hope if they'll make another one (which they very likely will) that it would be a bit more different than "hey a small puzzle here and then some shooting and a cutscene and repeat". It worked for the first 2 games but now the gameplay just starts to repeat itself.

Also, I think Killzone should've been awarded at least an honorable mention and inFamous should've been on the list. And Journey. And Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, or replace ToD with "R&C Series".
#28 (Edited 883d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Impressions Relevent-Gaming

2m ago - Relevant gaming was recenetly able to spend time playing the multiplayer Beta of Halo 5: Guardian... | Xbox One

GTA 5 Online Patch 1.22 Has An Unlimited Money Glitch

4m ago - One Angry Gamer "In patch 1.22 Rockstar seems to have missed a rather important glitch in the gam... | Xbox 360

GTA 5 Car: Ocelot Jackal Detailed Info & Location

5m ago - The Ocelot Jackal is a type of Coupe Vehicle in GTA 5 and GTA Online. The Jackal is considered as... | Xbox 360

Destiny: Xur's Location and Stock 12/26/14

5m ago - Xur (Agent of the nine) week 16 video guide This is a video guide showing Xur’s locatio... | Xbox 360

Win a PS4!!

Now - Join us on Filmwatch to find out how you can win a free PS4 this holiday season! | Promoted post

PS4 tips – 10 ways to get the most out of your console

5m ago - With Christmas celebrations in full-swing and thousands more people around the world waking up to... | PS4