"Mech games seem to be a divisive lot. Some people like piloting big, hulking robots with a huge arsenal wreaking havoc, and some can't be bothered to deal with balancing heat levels and tinkering around with cumbersome movement. Konami's Cybernator could be the mech game for mech haters. In it, you guide a huge yet agile robot through a variety of 2D stages, helped along by some generous physics, streamlined action, and great boss encounters. However, the difficulty of these battles might also keep you from enjoying the game to its fullest."
- Flexible shooting mechanics make for a more accessible mech-based game.
- Large, intense boss battles.
- Boss battles can also be very frustrating.
- Three continues and no extra lives seems a bit harsh.
- You can't squish the little people running for their lives.