Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by Tripe_Down 1264d ago | news

Take 2 confirmed gamescom appearance - New details on GTA V?

Take 2 today confirmed his appearance on gamescom this year with possible new infos about GTA V. (Grand Theft Auto V, PC, PS3, Take-Two, Xbox 360)

Credit url:
NYC_Gamer  +   1264d ago | Well said
T2 being confirmed means nothing since GTA comes from R*
Gamesgbkiller  +   1264d ago | Well said
Take 2 Own R*
Disccordia  +   1264d ago
I doubt it will be for GTAV as we know Rockstar seem to shy away from these things. More likely to be Bioshock and Borderlands. But wow at all the disagrees for the fact above!
alien626  +   1264d ago
T2 never release info on rockstar games. Rockstar games only release their information on their games
nik666uk  +   1264d ago
Disagree all u want but he's stating a FACT!! HAHAHA
extermin8or  +   1264d ago
Take 2 don't own R* I swear... especially seeing R* is a publisher themselves these days I swear? :S I thought Take 2 just owned some/most of the GTA rights? confused now :p
Nitrowolf2  +   1264d ago
Take 2 Owns Rockstar
Dee_91  +   1263d ago
when is gamescom ?
#1.1.6 (Edited 1263d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
ReadyBodyReggie  +   1263d ago
Is Rockstar even relevant anymore? After the abysmal L.A. noir and Max Payne 3, are people really interested in giving them more money for terrible games? I won't.
CashColeTrain1337  +   1264d ago
Exactly, T2 is probably just the presence of 2k to be there. Rockstar never goes to these events.
#1.2 (Edited 1264d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
Kinect  +   1264d ago
cos R* is mother f*kn BOSS
dro408  +   1259d ago
wooow haha shows how much you know T2 is the parent company for 2k sports and rockstar!
haha do some research
davidmccue  +   1264d ago
Here's the full list of developers confirmed so far for GamesCom 2012:

Capcom, Crytek, Namco Bandai, Perfect World, Rondomedia, Sony Computer Entertainment, Turtle Entertainment, World Cyber Games, Electronic Arts, Deep Silver/ Koch Media, Konami, Ubisoft, Take-Two Interactive, Bethesda Softworks, Bigpoint, Gameforge, NCsoft, Trion Worlds, Nexon,, Red5 Studios, Riot Games, Razer, Roccat, Bigben Interactive and Gaya Entertainment.
Blacktric  +   1264d ago
"Sony Computer Entertainment"

I thought they were still thinking about having a presence at Gamescom. I do hope they have a conference though...
Disccordia  +   1264d ago
Sony confirmed they'd be there. Not sure if they are having a keynote or not though
extermin8or  +   1264d ago
they are having a keynote I believe they confirmed it when they confirmed their attendance; be stupid not to really- hell they could devote the entire thing to the vita to try make up for E3's next to no vita... :p
SeekDev  +   1263d ago
I'd love a conference for the Vita, but have a separate conference for the PS3. That way we get maximum Viat time, and maximum PS3 time. Games!
Double_Oh_Snap  +   1264d ago
People do realize Take Two endorses other properties right?
You know like Borderlands 2 in september, and XCOM in october.

Don't get me wrong I would die for some GTA V news, I just don't see it happening.
#3 (Edited 1264d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
user7792788  +   1264d ago
Bioshock Infinite delayed, nuff said.
PinkPartyPony  +   1263d ago
Anyone who thinks GTA 5 will release this year is stupid.

No gameplay, No previews, No hype.

Did GTA 4 release this way? No.

Bioshock Infinite on the other hand has been hyped up for the last year. Why take away attention from BI, and lose money?
It makes no since, and neither Rockstar, nor Take 2 are stupid.
AngelicIceDiamond  +   1264d ago
Take 2 at Gamescon? Yep, GTA V is coming out next year.
#4 (Edited 1264d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(11) | Report | Reply
The_Blue  +   1264d ago
Lior  +   1264d ago
Doubt it
MagneticDeath  +   1264d ago
Could be showing off the DLC for max payne 3.
BattleTorn  +   1264d ago
Gamescom 2012 is in mid-August! that's way too late to show GTA if we are expecting a 2012 release.

I don't get when GTA V can release.
Usually the two months R* releases in is either: October or May.(Oct.2012 is their best bet)

By May 2013, not only will Take Two's fiscal predictions for their year past, but by May 2013 there's a good chance that "new hardware" is going to be all the talk of the industry. And since GTA V is being released on current-gen, I don't think R* would want their biggest game to be overshadowed by 'new tech' and that it's releasing on tech that's "on it's way out"

Plus, R* games usually have a large DLC line-up. These DLC line-ups (which will probably be accompanied by a R*-Pass for $30) usually take 9-months to roll out.
If GTA V is released in 2013 then their DLC with be overlaping with "next-gen hardware" release - another thing that should make R*/T2 want to get the game out sooner than later.

Furthuremore, Take Two's Bioshock Infinite was pushed to Feb.2013 - so it's unlikely that GTA V will release in Jan/Feb 2013. That leave two major spots: October2012, or Spring2013.
The best month to release in Spring is May, but by May TakeTwo will have failed to meet their "2pt" stock increase prediction.
And even games March/April is going to be overshadowed by "next-gen" games, of course if "next-gen" is truly going to be shown-off at E3 2013.
#8 (Edited 1264d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Playcool18  +   1264d ago
I share your opinion dude, I dont see another logic thing to R* do.
KwietStorm  +   1264d ago
Good, logical points. I think it will be out late this year. I certainly hope it is.
Xx-ADITYA-xX  +   1264d ago
I used to be very 'enthusiastic' for Grand Theft Auto V as I am a huge fan of the series, my first GTA was GTA Vice City. Now, I just couldn't give two shits because I KNOW for a FACT that nothing is going to be shown in gamescom or whatever it's called. Rockstar Games, I am dissapoint.
WeskerChildReborned  +   1264d ago
I was hoping for a 2012 release but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen but i'm waiting to see some new gameplay cause the last trailer was about 8 months ago.
#10 (Edited 1264d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
CaptainFaisal  +   1264d ago
It has to appear in GamesCom to reveal their game because the game will release fall this year! wich is oct 20 2012 ! so expect it to be their!
acemonkey  +   1264d ago
either way at gamescom ill be waiting for GTA news hopefully its true either way...i cant wait for the game
coolmaster  +   1264d ago
Just another "possible details on V" article. Author wanted clicks - author got clicks.
nik666uk  +   1264d ago
Surely it'd be Rockstar showing GTAV off not T2
renegade  +   1263d ago
Taketwo own rockstar and 2k games, i am pretty sure they will be in.
stuntman_mike  +   1264d ago
i reckon it will be the new trailer for GTA5, a site mentioned that they will be releasing one hopefully with a date.
josephayal  +   1264d ago
alright its been a few months and still not a dam word from rockstar i keep checking the (official site) like 10 times a day hoping for new info but none so imma take a brake for the site and every thing till about the end of SEP
#16 (Edited 1264d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Stealthypengui  +   1263d ago
So this is a story to tell us there may or may not be GTA V details at gamescom, who approved this.
xchamp  +   1263d ago
Maybe, as it would be to obvious that its GTA V if Rockstar confined they were attending, but Take-Two could just be showing of 2K games such as Borderlands 2.
Games4ever  +   1263d ago
If Bethesda is there? Then I hope they show some Fall Out 4 gameplay :)

Fall Out 4 is probably the game I'm looking most forward to, besides GTA 5.
TBONEJF  +   1263d ago
cAN we at least WAIT till the product IS FINISH??
claud3  +   1259d ago
I could care less, all i want is info and the game simple as

Tenshu General Review | Hardcore Gamer

22m ago - Sometimes, less is more. Games don’t necessarily need bleeding edge graphics and a feature set as... | PC

Bubble Genius - Tips, Tricks, Cheats, How to Beat, and Strategy Guide

7h ago - Bubble Genius is a new bubble shooting game for the iOS and Android platform. Your goal is to pop... | iPhone

HotLiked - What the Internet is talking about right now

Now - Kill some time at You will regret it... | Promoted post

BeatNiks - Tips, Tricks, Cheats, How to Beat, and Strategy Guide

7h ago - BeatNiks is a new virtual pet game by Harmonix, best known for the development of the Guitar Hero... | iPhone

Nintendo 3DS XL with Super Mario 3D Land Game: $129.99 (Reg. $174.99)

7h ago - Grab the Black Nintendo 3DS XL with Super Mario 3D Land Game for $129.99 at Amazon! Take... | 3DS

Armored Warfare Players Celebrate Black Friday

7h ago - The developers and publisher of the increasingly popular armored combat MMO Armored Warfare, Obsi... | PC