Submitted by Tripe_Down 815d ago | news

Watch Dogs - First official infos from Ubisoft

Ubisoft has shared the first official infos about Watch Dogs that was announced yesterday. (PC, PS3, Watch Dogs, Xbox 360)

Credit url: playfront.de
Alternative Sources
Sandmano  +   815d ago
Coolest looking game this e3!
Prcko  +   815d ago
after Last Of Us yeah
THC CELL  +   815d ago
the last of us blew me away the ai the violence the world. uncharted was the best looking game till then, watchdog looks awesome and i will keep my eye on it, it seem to be inspired by many ps3 games

@ droid control when u see next gen u will take them words back, the last of us has next gen ai.. but again i will or may eat my words too
#1.1.1 (Edited 815d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(24) | Report
starchild  +   815d ago
Watch Dogs blows away The last of Us. But TLOU still looks amazing.
Aloren  +   815d ago
@THC CELL actually I think it was inspired by... ubi games. When you see it, the similarities with Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell are obvious. I really can't think of any ps3 or 360 game that could have been inspirations for Watch Dogs.
Awesome_Gamer  +   815d ago
I don't know why people are very excited about Watch dogs already, if you have been to E3 you would have known that it's a next-gen title so don't get your hopes up guys, the game is set for Q3 2014 release btw
Disccordia  +   815d ago
It's not a next gen title, Ubisoft said it was for PS3/360/PC but may also come out for other consoles if they are around by the time it releases. Besides, I'm fairly sure when they demoed it, they were using a dualshock3 controller
#1.1.5 (Edited 815d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report
WeskerChildReborned  +   814d ago
It's either 61 people don't have a PS3 or they just disagree with you. I have a PS3 and i'll be looking forward to both games but both look awesome hell i'm even looking forward to Beyond.
snipes101  +   814d ago
Though Last of Us looks INCREDIBLE...I really think Watch Dog is not only more innovative, but more topical based off of what (very little) was shown.

Cyber warfare, dependency on our electronic devices, the true frailty of our digital society...it's all there and wrapped up in some insane-looking gameplay mechanics.
crxss  +   815d ago
definitely the coolest game so far, without a doubt. it'll also be interesting controlling multiple characters other than Aiden
Fez  +   815d ago
My favourite showing so far. This is what Assassins Creed should have progressed to by now! Since AC1 I've been waiting to see Desmond in the modern day. This is exactly what I wanted.

Assassins Creed III was okay. Not too fond of the setting and the combat looks the same, too easy. Watch Dogs looks fresh and exciting, with amazing graphics.

Didn't realise Ubisoft make so many great games. Easily the best conference so far.
#1.3 (Edited 815d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
moegooner88  +   815d ago
I don't think it is possible to pull off such graphics on current gen consoles, almost to good to be true.
Fishy Fingers  +   815d ago
Does look great, but dont get carried away, the footage shown was running on a PC.
SuperLupe  +   815d ago
Yeah that looked like what I expect from launch next gen games.
araman  +   815d ago
That demo ran on a high end PC, not a console.
WeaseL  +   815d ago
MS needs to stop handing money over to Activision and start looking at Ubisoft
Fishy Fingers  +   815d ago
Ha, I dont think MS care who makes it, or even what it is. They look to Activision because they have the biggest name in gaming, COD. Simple as that.
azshorty2003  +   815d ago
I'm surprised they havent just Bought CoD yet. they have the bankroll.
Droid Control  +   815d ago
Watchdogs wins E3!

I think its a a 720/PS4 launch game next year.
#4 (Edited 815d ago ) | Agree(17) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
FlashXIII  +   815d ago
What better way to kick off the next gen than with Watch Dogs. I kind of hope it's a current gen game though as I don't want to have to wait that long to play it.
#4.1 (Edited 815d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
crxss  +   815d ago
nope, definitely this gen of consoles. with worse graphics because of two things: it was running on PC, and it's multiplatform (meaning they have to develop with each consoles weaknesses in mind, unless they spent loads of more time to develop each separately at a certain stage later in development).
#4.2 (Edited 815d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
modesign  +   814d ago
they will make 360 users use multiple cd's. suckers
Omar91  +   815d ago
instantly one of my favorite games of e3 after The Last of Us. IM a bit disappointed that it was running on a PC though but its all good! hopefully the console versions will look fantastic as well
abc1233  +   815d ago
Mind=blown
hiredhelp  +   815d ago
Absalutly didnt see this title comming im very excited for this well done ubi you may have yourself a hit.
WitWolfy  +   815d ago
A brilliantly done game... scanned the barcode on the Robot/automaton's head and it took me to the "dot connexion" website, now thats AWESOME!!! I love when developers add effort like that.
#7.1 (Edited 815d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
floetry101  +   815d ago
My favourite title at E3 and conceptually the most interesting. Obviously The Last of Us will be the requisite greatness we've come to expect from Naughty Dog, but Ubisoft really brought their A-game too.

Cannot wait to see more.
interrergator  +   815d ago
best conference in a long while
LeoDDestroyer  +   815d ago
I was quite surprise by this game and so far this is number 1 to me with TLOU right behind it.
Redempteur  +   815d ago
It looks very coolbut i need more vids to trully understand the mecanics ...that one was awesome ... The game is defintly on the right track
Zha1tan  +   815d ago
Best thing about this game was that the scripted action was minimal and the bridge being raised, traffic lights being disabled, comms being cut everything was a direct action of the player and was not just some walkthrough movie.
#11 (Edited 815d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
reznik_zerosum  +   815d ago
last of us looks to scripted boring cover shooter
modesign  +   815d ago
if you want to see scripted and boring, look no further than halo 4.
Bladesfist  +   814d ago
Halo 4 will be scripted but all the halo games have great scale and the singleplayer maps are huge. I will not be getting it myself as I don't own a 360 but its obvious TLOU is more scripted than Halo 4
DigitalRaptor  +   810d ago
Tell us why dude. Instead of shallow, baseless and unstructured statements like that, explain to us your reasoning based on your understanding of the background, context and everything that the game has to offer because I don't think you'd know where to start.

See? It helps to be open minded.
reznik_zerosum  +   810d ago
wow u opened my eyes,god damn and god bless internet.im gonna play some uncharted now.

game really looks scripted_boring_same_old_cover _shooter just look all videos and presentation of this game to this day,u will see nothing but another generic game that want to be movie abortion,with gameplay old like gaming.

See? It helps to be open minded.
DigitalRaptor  +   810d ago
That still doesn't explain anything but your blind hatred for what you think is a "scripted_boring_same_old _cover _shooter", smart-ass!

I asked for your knowledge on the background to the game, its gameplay and everything else surrounding it. You gave me none of that but a dull, stupid response. Looks like I'll have to do that for you...

"scripted"

All games are scripted, genius.

"boring"

How is that combat boring? How is the intensity of survival not thrilling? How is exploring Naughty Dog's world of ruin anything but marvelous?

"same old"

How come I've never seen a game like this before with this level of AI complexity? Post-apocalyptic setting, sure, but have you ever seen this take on it? Thought not.

"cover shooter"

Ducking behind cover is due to the realistic nature of the situation. You're not gonna stand out from behind cover in a life and death situation now are you? genius... lol. However, ducking and shooting is not all you will do to survive in this game. Therefore it's not a cover shooter, but a survival action game.

"with gameplay old like gaming"

Some of the gameplay is being deliberately designed with old-school elements and tendencies that gamers have missed for years in the survival genre. Deliberate. De-li-be-rate! See? Reading up on the game actually helps with ignorance. Surprising?

---

I'm not gonna provide you with any more explanations because, quite simply, you're not worth it. To know more about its gameplay systems, game design, artistic choices, the tone the developers are trying to set with the world, its characters and story, the technology used... it helps. Just go find it yourself because it's all out there and explains a lot about the game that people like you just won't bother finding out. The more you comment on these things about the game, the more you are displaying your ignorance and the stupider you will look.

And your repetition of my statement at the end is so ironic, since I'm the one being more open minded, and STILL, you are judging this game with a closed mind. Brilliant. xD
#12.2.2 (Edited 810d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
Starbucks_Fan  +   815d ago
I'm glad this is taking place in Chicago. Really nice city and I am sick of seeing NYC in so many games!
linkenski  +   815d ago
Cool, but it's basically the same info that was told at E3.
I still don't know how the story/mission progression will be, and how open the world is. Anyhow, the game looks magnificent!
nik666uk  +   815d ago
Game of the show for me personally, I wish it was Agent, where is Agent?
seanpitt23  +   815d ago
this made gta4 look like a cartoon
ChunkyLover53  +   815d ago
There were very few surprises at E3, I mean I think we all knew Last Of Us and Halo 4 were going to look sweet. Watch Dogs is the game that impressed me the most though, I think the whole premise was something fresh and new, the gameplay looked like something totally different, which is very important.

The surprise for me on the first day of E3 was obviously Watch Dogs, I mean it had people buzzing that it couldn't possibly be a current gen game, no other game put out that kind of buzz. Cant wait to hear and see more on it.

Ubisoft kind of saved a very average day one of E3.
Mrmagnumman357  +   815d ago
Absolutely incredible game, the storyline sounds amazing, and the graphics, wow... The penumbra shadows, realistic cloth physics, image based reflections,bokeh dof, so many DX11 effects. This is possibly one of the best looking most impressive games to date, and one of the first pc games that really feels next gen. I honestly don't see how this could possibly run on consoles... it may just be PC and next gen, who knows.

Also, I love Chicago, glad they used it. Again, probably one of the best looking games I have ever seen, maybe the best..

btw, this was running on a high end pc. Not too kill the mood, but technically a lot of the effects shown can't be done on consoles, and are only DX11 effects
#18 (Edited 815d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
TLG1991  +   814d ago
where did you find the storyline? thats whati want to know!
Gorbenshore  +   814d ago
This game should be really great. I hope they will have a PC version that will stand out against the consoles
Bladesfist  +   814d ago
They already showed the pc version and it stands out, now to see if they can squeeze the necessary juices out of these old consoles
osamaq  +   814d ago
this game made gta look like shit
TLG1991  +   814d ago
i love how everyone is ripping into gta and R* now after only seeing 5 mins of SCRIPTED gameplay. makes me laugh, i wouldn't get to excited yet lets wait and see
osamaq  +   814d ago
at least the graphics and the physics and the lighting and character animation looks far more realistic than the blurry gta of urs,

people in the street act more realistically too than gta...
TLG1991  +   814d ago
@osamaq

the last gta was out when and they never go for pure realism look with gta its about fun. and when they tried making it look better everyone moaned saying they arn't bothered about graphics they want the old gta fun gameplay, they can't win for trying. and the physics are not better than gta simple as there 1 theres not enough footage to prove it and 2 from the footage that there is just no. his clothes might move in a fancy way thats about it. like ive said before its going to be another assassins creed 1

im not trying to attack watch dogs i am extremely interested it does look good but my view is its going to disappoint from what iv'e seen but i will still buy it no doubt as it does look like it has potential if its what its making out to be.

Review: Danganronpa 2 : Goodbye Despair (New Gamer Nation)

2m ago - The idea of a visual novels don't entirely interest gamers, but after you spent just one hour wit... | PS Vita

Angry Birds Stella Receives New Gameplay Teaser

3m ago - A new gameplay teaser is now available for Angry Birds Stella, the new entry of the series develo... | iPhone

Armored Warfare Demo Public Debut on Twitch.tv Sat, August 30 at PAX Prime

14m ago - Armored Warfare Demo Public Debut on Twitch.tv Sat, August 30 at PAX Prime. During PAX Prime t... | PC

Managing a Crowd-funded Budget

15m ago - Today’s feature examines the costs that come into play when developing a game using a crowd-funde... | PSP

Need Cash? (US Only)

Now - How would it feel to have your money struggles solved by this time tomorrow? We give fast loans from $100-$10,000+, and repayment terms up to 60 mo... | Promoted post

Super Meat Boy Forever (iOS) is an Endless Runner

16m ago - Junkie Monkeys: New footage for Team Meat’s upcoming iOS game Super Meat Boy Forever has surfaced... | PC