Comments (36)
sinncross  +   808d ago
I would hope the game looked better than that tbh

but good effort on the designers` part.
#1 (Edited 808d ago ) | Agree(22) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
inveni0  +   808d ago
Yeah, that's pretty bad. They could have gotten better textures from cgtextures, and even taken game models from turbosquid's free section. But they didn't.
Bloodraid  +   808d ago
I'm personally getting sick of these articles at this point...

It's just people ripping assets from an old game, and importing them into a new engine and doing literally nothing else with it.

It's lazy and pointless, why do these articles keep getting put up?

Edit: Just read the description, he made the assets, but my point still stands. It's lazy and pointless.
#1.2 (Edited 808d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
-Mika-  +   808d ago
That was made in CryEngne 3. I thought it was better than that.
JellyJelly  +   808d ago
Depends on how good the developer using it is. Or how much resources he has.
egidem  +   808d ago
Exactly as JellyJelly said it.

The engine being used is the same, but how people use it to create their stuff is different.

They're probably using the free version on Crytek's website. The paid version costs a hefty $1M to license.
GrahamGolden  +   808d ago
then why dont YOU try it for a change ?
instead laughing at others,all u do is trolling dude go back and play your crappy ff13 game.

CRY ENGINE by vets devs
http://www.youtube.com/watc... MMO

http://www.youtube.com/watc... FPS

anw on topic,,,nicely done john
#2.3 (Edited 808d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
MaxXAttaxX  +   808d ago
Wow someone took that to personally.
Why would he need to try it? All he said was that he thought Cry3 was better than that and you assumed he was laughing or mocking whoever made this. Calm down.
Kurylo3d  +   808d ago
Sad thing is .. its not the engines fault.. its that the guy is a shitty artist. If you plop crap in any engine... it will look like crap.
SPARDA_426  +   808d ago
I was thinking it would look like Crysis, guess I was mistaken.
Godmars290  +   808d ago
But I bet you it couldn't recreate the fighting engine.
BetterThanYou   808d ago | Spam
Freakazoid2012  +   808d ago
While it isnt mind blowing it is the work of a single fan. Imagine what a full dev team could do.
GenericNameHere  +   808d ago
"Imagine what a full dev team could do."
Tell that to the people who made the HD version of Silent Hill. Fuc*** it all up.
FragMnTagM  +   808d ago
Looks decent, but could be better.

I bet he doesn't have that powerful of a graphics card as the renders have jagged edges.
#7 (Edited 808d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
killerhog  +   808d ago
I thought it looked great especially for a single person. The improvement were definitely there and noticeable. For the people above crticizing please show me your work.
waltyftm  +   808d ago
Agreed.
killerhog  +   808d ago
This is how people are trying to get discovered by modding or up-grading games. It's like how hackers sell themselves to businesses, by their hacking credentials. I'm sure he doesn't have the latest and greates hardware but, i thought it looked great and it shows. Sure there are some minor things but that can be fixed.
#8.2 (Edited 808d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Bobertt  +   808d ago
Well the writing says dx9 so he definitely could make it look better still
Nocturne147  +   808d ago
What about BF 2 ? I wana see BF 2 in CryEngine3. :)
GillHarrison  +   808d ago
Very amateur-like texture job. Bump maps are way to high and should not be on the blanket. Also where the walls meet the intersecting planks, burn or add some grime, you can see the texture tiling. Not bad if this is his first try. I'm not trying to knock it or anything, it's a just critique.
#11 (Edited 808d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Dugstar  +   808d ago
But in all fairness Shenmue 3 just isn't going to happen... yet.

Sega need to seriously release something actually worth playing as some of us are now a little old to be playing Sonic rehashes nowadays.
matgrowcott  +   808d ago
Oh, like Binary Domain?

Yeah, if I was head of SEGA I just wouldn't dream of releasing Shenmue 3 when another hidden gem like BD got overlooked completely by the same people who now constantly bitch that all they do is Sonic rehashes.
Monkeycan8  +   808d ago
I agree Binary Domain was an amazing game. It is way underrated and overlooked.
hkgamer  +   808d ago
its great, would be amazing if someone could create an open world shenmue game.
actually would love to see sega try to remake the original as well as no2.
shenmue2 was great, but alot of it didnt seem like hong kong at all. i wonder how shenmue would be like if the game was made today
DigitalRaptor  +   808d ago
Shenmue is a stunning game, and the artistic touches that went into its design are unique and beautiful.

This is a decent attempt, but a lot of that original beauty was lost by this designer using Cry Engine 3, since he's not a professional and the guys at Sega AM-2 were. I don't think I'd be wrong to say that the 10+ year old game looks better than this attempt. Talking about art style, not pixel count or tessellation or any of that.
#14 (Edited 808d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Neko_Mega  +   808d ago
If they every did something like this, they better do a full remake and now a HD remake. I would love to see both of the Shenmue games looking up to date.
FaSCoRP  +   808d ago
This is like DC in HD, more or less
Magnus  +   808d ago
Who cares how it looks its great the game is getting reconised again. Hopefully it shows Sega fans love this game and we want Shenmue 3.
Holeran  +   808d ago
I would pay more than $60 for a Shenmue 3 on a next gen console if they would actually make it. Shenmue is a fantastic franchise.
listenkids  +   808d ago
I was expecting a similar look to the recently shown Pokemon.
#19 (Edited 808d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
thezeldadoth  +   808d ago
quit with the "it would look like this" articles. Just because its in that engine doesn't mean that the dev would do exactly that artistically.
yweuijhbcf   807d ago | Spam