Comments (46)
GentlemenRUs  +   212d ago
"Billy mays here!" - Is all I could think of when I saw that image :P

No but seriously, A few good games but the rest to me are meh...
abzdine  +   212d ago
what a strange taste in games he has...
lets_go_gunners  +   212d ago
He has opinion leave him be.
abzdine  +   212d ago
@lets_go_gunners :i'm also allowed to have my opinion about his own opinion.
i haven't played any game of what he played.
SilentNegotiator  +   212d ago
He can have an opinion of his opinion, as you may have an opinion of his opinion of the opinion. In my opinion, his opinion of the opinion is very opinionated.
#1.1.3 (Edited 212d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(2) | Report
JackISbacK  +   212d ago
if he dont like sony exclusives so it does not means that he is not having good taste ,he is more smarter than you fanboys.
Kennytaur  +   212d ago
Do you not stop to think that maybe you having not played those games, speak more about you than him?

There's some excellent games on that list.
ShAkKa  +   212d ago
"more smarter" he says.
frostypants  +   212d ago
Nah, BS. He has just played a ton of games beyond the usual mainstream slop.
3-4-5  +   212d ago
Not strange, but definitely different. Many of those don't appeal to me but I like that his list is different and not just the "same old" stuff.
Roccetarius  +   212d ago
Hmm, i agree with XCOM and Dishonored. I already completed it on console, but i got the GOTY Edition for Dishonored during Steam sale as well.
#2 (Edited 212d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
PSjesus  +   212d ago
Dishonored is best first person adventure since first Half life and Metroide Prime,finish twice even though first person view give me motion sickness but it was that great
Roccetarius  +   212d ago
Since we know they're doing another Dishonored, i hope we get to explore something new. I want to see what happens beyond Dunwall. Maybe some more green areas, compared to the city environment.

At least i hope they're developing it for the now current gen, so they can take advantage of their experience.
#2.1.1 (Edited 212d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report
Saryk  +   212d ago
Beat it, one of the best games I have played in a long time. But I was so ruthless that it was unbelievable, not one survived my rat horde!
JohnApocalypse  +   212d ago
"Why? Because M.O.D.O.K., that’s why!"

I can say the same thing about Howard the Duck
#3 (Edited 212d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
WeAreLegion  +   212d ago
Strange choices. All good though. Just some obvious, strange omissions.
_QQ_  +   212d ago
I wouldn't say strange, Ken Leviene is a smart man as shown by his Novel like stories so it would only make sense that he would be into the most intellectually stimulating kind of games which are Strategy games. Also the man must love music.
#4.1 (Edited 212d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
WeAreLegion  +   212d ago
That's the thing though. Ken LOVES stories. Leaving out Gone Home, The Last of Us, or any other story-heavy title is strange. Even if strategy is his thing, he has Wind Waker HD and LEGO: Marvel Superheroes on here. Both great, but again...makes no sense.
_QQ_  +   212d ago
True, maybe when you only work on a certain style you just appreciate other styles more.
#4.2 (Edited 212d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
KratosSaveUs  +   212d ago
Wind Waker HD is gonna be amazing when I get my Wii U.
_QQ_  +   212d ago
Great list, great to see his list consists of many genres, and that Leviene owns a Wiiu lol.
oIITSBIIo  +   212d ago
No TLOU or GTA V ?!

Finally someone with a great taste .
#7 (Edited 212d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(22) | Report | Reply
Clunkyd  +   212d ago
we got a hipster here
ape007  +   212d ago
so you're basically saying that GTA V and TLOU sucks

.............LOOOL
kevnb  +   212d ago
gta v was good, but it wasn't in my top 10 either.
JackISbacK  +   212d ago
he is having a great taste ,his list was very veried which is good.gta is more liked buy casual gamers and the last of us is on people personal taste ,thou was great but was not mindblowing especialy its story,i also have spent more time on ac4 than gta 5 and have more fun time playing ac4 .
Hicken  +   212d ago
Yes, yes, you think TLOU is overrated (mostly on the strength of it being a Sony game). We won't forget how you feel, promise.
JackISbacK  +   211d ago
who said ,this tlou is my favourite game of the year overall but tlou story is not greatest ever ,there are many more games with better story but tlou is perfect in evry side of gaming ,from graphics to story to gameplay every thing is great that is why TLOU is not overrated.
#8.1.1 (Edited 211d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report
Back-to-Back  +   212d ago
Ken "I hate AAA games" Levine.
DoctorJones  +   212d ago
He probably was just thinking of games he liked and played a lot, I don't think a game being 'AAA' came into it.
goldwyncq  +   211d ago
Assassin's Creed is AAA, no?
ProjectSeoul  +   212d ago
Isn't Dishonored a 2012 game?
yeahokchief  +   212d ago
good variety

bioshock infinite was definitely in my top 10
#11 (Edited 212d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
kevnb  +   212d ago
a lot like my list, but i have the last of us and ni no kuni in there somewhere.
#12 (Edited 212d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Dfooster  +   212d ago
Lame list. Bioshock infinite was massively overrated as well. Good game great ending but ultimately like all the other bioshocks it's all smoke and mirrors as in the setting initially wows you then the gameplay becomes repetitive until the end.
Gamerjunki3  +   212d ago
Ken Levine giving Unity of command the nod...

...I am impressed.

I for one, certainly respect his taste.
#14 (Edited 212d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
unjust75  +   212d ago
What is it with developers and musicians? There so pretentious. Metal bands listening to classical music and pop and developers playing boring games, yet making games that are amazing. I wonder what would happen if studios hired people that were influenced by greatness rather drab game designs? I question stories like this. I mean I'll give him dishonored because it's a great game, but the rest?
RIP_Cell  +   212d ago
great list.
MrUndrhill  +   212d ago
Bioshock infinite and TLOU are my top two hands down. Seems a little passive aggressive to leave TLOU off the list, as it will be the game BI will be runner up to in most places, but preference is preference.
linkenski  +   212d ago
BI sucks though, so Disagree to you.
linkenski  +   212d ago
Ken Levine is a dumbass, but his taste in games is pretty decent at least.

I don't think I'll ever touch another game under his direction because Bioshock Infinite suuuucks.
LAWSON72  +   212d ago
putting old games in year list if I did that I dont think TLOU or GTAV would make the list because I played a huge backlog of titles this year that have been just fantastic such as Darksiders, Dead Space (and 2 gave up on the 3rd real quick), the souls games, Batman AA, and many more. All of these games are classic IMO that I just finally reserved sometime for this year
#19 (Edited 212d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
buckley  +   211d ago
It always weirds me out when people critique someone's personal GOTY list. These should just be yet more ways that we all discover new games to play.
goldwyncq  +   211d ago
Yeah, bashing other's GOTY list just shows how insecure someone is about their own opinion.
DivineAssault  +   211d ago
i disagree with every single game on his list.. But whatever.. Different strokes
_FantasmA_  +   211d ago
Thats a pretty crappy list. I mean, I know its opinion but damn, Barbie Horse Adventures HD Remix? Just kidding. But that list put me to sleep just reading the titles.