Comments (51)
Lukas_Japonicus  +   231d ago
Ughhh....Bad Company 2 was so awesome, i would MUCH prefer a Bad Company 3 over a numbered BF game.

But it's EA we are talking about here.....'whatever teats are the fullest' is their philosophy.

Ive had enough of serious dude-bro shooters, gimme more humour and a campaign that doesn't imitate a Michael Bay movie.
#1 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(30) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
zeal0us  +   231d ago
It won't be long before EA ruin the BF series and its the spitting image of CoD. It will probably be a while before we see another Bad Company game.
#1.1 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
NarooN  +   231d ago
To me, I still enjoy BC2 more than BF3 and BF4. I don't care what anyone says -- not only was the MP more fun to me, but the Campaign was actually GOOD. Can't say the same for BF3 and BF4. They're too serious for their own good.
Fil101  +   231d ago
Well said buddy I couldn't have put it any better. Bfbc2 might not have had the graphical shine that bf3& 4 have but to me was alot more fun alot more destruction a btr variation of maps and the Vietnam dlc was class.
Vladplaya  +   231d ago
BC2 had its problems, but it was incredible fun. I can't enjoy BF3/4, they simply don't feel right.
spicelicka  +   231d ago
yea i really enjoyed the campaign, it was unique in military shooters and not as linear as the newer battlefield games.
toddybad  +   231d ago
So you'd MUCH prefer a Bad Company numbered game over a BF numbered game?
Why not a completely new IP?

EA - killing creativity since 19**
Lukas_Japonicus  +   231d ago
We aren't talking about new IP's here, just the Battlefield games.

And yes, i would MUCH prefer a Bad Company 3 ;)
Kleptic  +   231d ago
^but...what if they called it BF5...but it had more BC type stuff in it (better sp, less serious, etc.)?...

does it really matter? 99% of BF buyers do it for multi-player...and while console centric gamers scream about wanting another BC spin off...the PC crowd bitches endlessly that they don't...

My opinion...do both...and leave them seperate...give the PC community the 64 player insanity its meant to have...and give the consoles a completely different console BF game (which is exactly what BC was designed to be from the beginning)...

I think that'll work a lot better than this 5 platform mash up of BF4 currently...I'm loving BF4, but can't deny DICE was spread pretty thin trying to get on all the different systems...
#1.4.2 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report
solar  +   231d ago
BFBC3 please! or BF2143!
IaMs12  +   231d ago
Stupid corporate thinking. Extremely disconnected from the consumer who actually put you into business, much like our Government.
e-p-ayeaH  +   231d ago
Battlefield always felt refreshing somehow because it had many types of warfare (ww2,vietnam,sci-fi,modern day)and bad company games had personality with a less realistic tone kinda like call of duty games and i liked that to be honest.

If they make a Bad Company 3 please dont add a prone position that just kills the whole concept, the bad company games are supposed to feel more straight forward towards the action and less about tactics.
#2 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
e-p-ayeaH  +   231d ago
lmao 9 disagrees and 0 replys that´s wonderfull dare to explain?
#2.1 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Evil_Abed  +   231d ago
We don't agree with you. /end explanation.
e-p-ayeaH  +   231d ago
fair enough lol
ATiElite  +   231d ago
your post makes sense to me and I agree with it.

You must be a PC gamer and they just hate you....welcome to the club.
Hicken  +   231d ago
... or maybe they just don't agree.

Who cares what platform he plays on?
Kyosuke_Sanada  +   231d ago
Best publisher in gaming alright....................... . .............................. . .............................. . .............................. . .............................. . .............................. . .............................. . .............................. . .............................. . .............................. . .............................. . .............................. . .............................. . .............................. . .............................. . .............................. . .............................. . ....................../s
#3 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
TheEnigma313  +   231d ago
BC 2 was the best Battlefield created. It was amazing.
Drithe  +   231d ago
BF 4, on the ps4, is a disgrace. I will never buy another BF game.
OrangePowerz  +   231d ago
Thats good for EA, but I'm sure many gamers disagree with them and rather have a new Bad Company. I certainly would.
#6 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Neonridr  +   231d ago
Bring on Battlefield 5, releasing just in time for Christmas 2014!
aiBreeze  +   231d ago
"When it comes down to the nitty gritty, big games are all about what can make the most money."

Wow, sums up EA perfectly, It should be their company slogan, challenge everything is clearly outdated.
SlapHappyJesus  +   231d ago
While I do prefer the numbered releases, myself, c'mon EA . . . Bad Company 2 did well.
Let's not call it niche. Give fans what they want. You did say you were trying to IMPROVE your image, yes?
Well . . . this isn't helping things.
#9 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
InTheLab  +   231d ago
Superior single player and equally good multiplayer. Why on earth would anyone want that? I'm done with dice until they make another bad company.
quinten488  +   231d ago
Bad Company is so much better, its a shame their too stupid to realize the fans like Bad Company more.
#11 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Goro  +   231d ago
Bad Company 2 > BF3 & BF4
Ashlen  +   231d ago
"When it comes down to the nitty gritty, EA are all about what can make the most money."
#13 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Pandamobile  +   231d ago
It's almost like that's a publisher's job?

EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, etc., are all publicly traded billion dollar corporations. All they really want is your money so that they can please their shareholders.
#13.1 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
TheEnigma313  +   231d ago
There's a way to go about it. Don't make it so obvious.
#13.1.1 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report
Ashlen  +   231d ago
Actually no, a lot of publishers and game studios are happy to make enough to pay there employees and have enough to make the next game. With EA there goal is to make the absolute maximum out of every decision they make.

It's why a game like Dead Space 3 had micro-transactions and the Sims has over 20k worth of DLC and why they blatantly cut content only to sell it as dlc.

It's also why every game is a sequel and why they turn niche but profitable series into generic BS they know will appeal to the masses even though it alienates the original core fans.
#13.1.2 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report
Pandamobile  +   231d ago
Don't confuse game developers with game publishers. The developers are the ones who are out to please their fans, and most don't care that much about making money beyond what they need to grow and fund their future projects.

Every decision a publisher makes has to do with making more money. Obviously, some are less publicized and more quite about it (which EA are not), but that doesn't change the fact that most big publishers are at the mercy of their stockholders' demands.
solar  +   231d ago
let us pray Panda, that Valve is never ever bought. may GabeN live for eternity...
STK026  +   231d ago
Well, not too surprising. EA, just like every major publisher, is in the business of making money, and I'm pretty sure the numbered BF games have sold more units than the Bad Company ones. Which one is better is irrelevant to EA, it all comes down to the sales. It'S the same reason why Activision has two studios working full time on Call of Duty, they get massive sales every year, there's just no logical reason for them to not release one Call of Duty game per year.

Battlefield 4 is finally getting to a playable level on PC, haven't tried it on PS4, but from what I see on gaming websites, it seems the launch was about as bad on PS4 as it was on PC, which is a shame. It's a great game, when it works that is. Hopefully the next one, may it be BF5 or BC3, won't be rushed to the market to meet some arbitrary dead line. Let's just hope it doesn't come next year, as by now I'm pretty much convinced DICE has issues developing a full game in two years, having them develop one in a single year would be a disaster. Although, I do wonder what EA will have in store for us for the next holiday season, with Titanfall launching in Spring, and the Medal of Honor brand being in worse shape than the Command and Conquer one.
#14 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
shaft0140  +   231d ago
Well of course.

In their greedy and corporate eyes, Bad Company won't stand a chance against CoD and it won't rack in the money.
#15 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Shuyin  +   231d ago
Am I the only one who wants a 2143 BF game?!
Pandamobile  +   231d ago
filipakos  +   231d ago
You will get star wars 2143 :P
solar  +   231d ago
NO! i want another badly
R0n0rve  +   231d ago
I'd want a Bad Company 3 over another numbered Battlefield any day.
MidnytRain  +   231d ago
They're so scared of releasing a BF game that won't hit BF3's sales that they won't try anything else. Pansies.
#18 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SeraphimBlade  +   231d ago
"Niche." Right.
BattleReach  +   231d ago
Sold BF3 and BF4 yesterday and started playing BFBC2.
Plagasx  +   231d ago
But aren't the servers dead for BC2??
#20.1 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Lockon  +   231d ago
Fuck EA. I hope Battlefield 5 sales worse than BF4.
pandehz  +   231d ago
Make a new Battlefield or Bad Company in a few years from now. Maybe Frostbite 4 engine. I would prefer maybe a 2142 type game.

For now focus on Mirror's Edge and Battlefront.We dont want unoptimized lagfests. I think Dice's plate is quite full with these 2 games already.
#22 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
toddybad  +   231d ago
MAKE SOMETHING NEW FFS
hankmoody  +   231d ago
Had BFBC2 sitting on my shelf for months and I only JUST got around to finishing it. Enjoyed it quite a bit and I've gotta say, the sound effect used for the Scalar Weapon is probably THE greatest sound effect in ANY game I've ever played.
filipakos  +   231d ago
Just make it a trilogy and release the god damn game.A lot of people including me had a fucking great time in bc2 multiplayer but also in singleplayer.EA listen to the fans for once and dont let DICE release and unfinished game again.People swearing DICE for bf4 bugs and unplayable MP when its not even their fault.Counter cod my ass.After watching ghosts trailer how did you come to the conclusion that you need to even consider that a rival
ATiElite  +   231d ago
I want Bad Company 3 end of story!

Bad Company 2 PC was awesome although I never played the SP campaign.

No more Battlefields unless it's a PC Exclusive. EA is about to ruin BF.
#26 (Edited 231d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
kryteris  +   231d ago
Activision has CoD and BlackOps, EA has BF and tried MoH but failed. I'm sure that their new baby will be Titanfall.