Comments (53)
DigitalRaptor  +   278d ago
Even the PS+ games work with this. For example, I got Limbo for PS3 via PS+, and when the Vita version came out, I got that for free.

So if you have bought Sound Shapes, flOw and Flower for any one platform, you get it for the rest of them at no additional cost. You bought Escape Plan for Vita, you get the PS4 version free. They've spent time, effort and money on these ports, upgrading visuals and adding in different control support, but we're not expected to pay any extra.

Just amazing.
#1 (Edited 278d ago ) | Agree(23) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
nosferatuzodd  +   278d ago
i got it for free and think Sony made a mistake lol
abzdine  +   278d ago
X-buy is amazing.
I don't understand why FFXHD and others aren't X-buy games cause FFXHD supports cross save and i dont see why i should buy the same game twice. Greed? i think so!
minimur12  +   278d ago
@abzdine

It's definitely not greed - Square are in alot of money problems right now, and if you were in huge debt, would you give away free copies of your game just because someone bought one version?

I certainly wouldn't.

It's pretty rude to call them greedy to be honest, and shows that you just expect these games to be cross buy.

You don't have to buy these games twice. No one said you did, so stop being greedy yourself and respect the developers, publishers who want to make a buck
#1.1.2 (Edited 278d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report
DigitalRaptor  +   278d ago
@ abzdine

Greed is nothing to do with it.

Sony are just highly consumer conscious, more than any other large gaming company except probably Valve. I see it as a good will gesture. "Buy our games, buy our services and we will treat you well."

If Square Enix were greedy, they wouldn't have spent their capital on completely re-vamping Final Fantasy XIV Online for PC and PS3 into a much improved game, when it received harsh criticism from fans. They also wouldn't be allowing you to claim the PS4 version of FFXIV for free, if you've purchased the PS3 version, if they were greedy.

PS+ and cross-buy are tremendous features from a generous company.
#1.1.3 (Edited 278d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
abzdine  +   278d ago
FFXHD supports trophies, cross save with vita which means it's 100% the same game. Now if one or the other had extra things in it ok it might be justified but it isn't the case. FFX first came out 11 years ago and just releasing an HD remake will allow them to make good money. I wanna play the game on vita when i'm not home and resume my game on PS3 just like many other games offer already.
badz149  +   278d ago
the best of it was Sly 4! it already cost only $40 and we still get the Vita version for FREE! that AR feature should be in more games IMO! it's just awesome!
Enmson  +   278d ago
I hope more psn game will be cross buy. I got a lot of psn games, and I would love to play them on the PS4.
jujubee88  +   278d ago
Flower, flOw, Sound Shapes, and Escape Plan coming to PS4

PlayStation 4 versions free to users who already own them.

WorldGamer  +   278d ago
This is great, definitely gives consumers more piece of mind that they won't have to re-purchase content they already own. Sick.
BX81  +   278d ago
Maybe he's drunk? I don't have a vita or ps3 anymore but I support x buy. Back to the drunk monk. MS has actually had normal postings on this site the past day or 2. Maybe the haters ran out of hater-aid.

The comment was for king
#3.1 (Edited 278d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
KingTrash  +   278d ago
I can't stand any more of this blatant Sony fanboy articles. It's making me sick. I'm not a fanboy on either side but it's getting to the point that I wanna support Microsoft just because I can't stand this BS anymore.
scott182  +   278d ago
You may actually be a Microsoft fanboy, denial can be hard to overcome. Microsoft's an awesome company, I like a lot of things they do, but it's ok for Sony to be successful and popular.
reko  +   278d ago
idk why hes angry LOL
zeee  +   278d ago
kingtrash... yup, the username says it all. but you know what? I feel a bit sad and sorry for you.
Grave  +   278d ago
You're what the internet calls: a troll.
dp277407  +   278d ago
Then go buy an Xbox Trash we really don't care.
DigitalRaptor  +   278d ago
I wonder what made you come on to a positive article that does nothing but state facts about how great cross-buy is for gamers, and called it out for fanboyism, other than you being a butthurt troll.

I mean are you scared that the superb value of gaming on PlayStation is going to catch on or something, and you want to keep it on the down low? What is it?

Edit: Firstly, why don't you admit that you were wrong for calling this a "blatant Sony fanboy article". Then I might be able to take the rest of what you just said more seriously, without having to assume you are a massive fanboy yourself.

What you just convulsed out there was a mix of good points about Sony not having Killzone or DriveClub playable, and random hypothetical scenarios that are reaching at best. If you haven't noticed already there have been Xbox trolls in almost every indie or PS4 lineup article on here calling out a supposedly "weak lineup" and saying that most indie games are trash even though they haven't even played "most" indie games, and I'm sure don't even understand what an indie game actually is.
#4.4 (Edited 278d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
KingTrash  +   278d ago
I'll give you an example. Two days ago, there's a post about the PS4 demo kits available at the Sony store with Knack, Octodad, FIFA, Contrast and Pinball Arcade. Not one fanboy mentions that they're disappointed with the available playable demos...the lack of anything remotely impressive like Killzone. Sony putting out demo kits with those games is clearly a bad decision. If you're a casual gamer and have no idea what's in the pipeline and you see that on display, you're not gonna think too highly of the PS4. More importantly to my point, if Microsoft put out demo stations with equally unimpressive titles, Sony fanboys would be all over it with conspiracy theories about why they're not giving demos of Ryse or Forza. It's frustrating to see day after day on N4G. I'm excited about both consoles but putting up with the Sony fanboys day in and day out is putting a damper on the PS4 for me.
Grave  +   278d ago
You really need to read this shit out loud before you post it.
TheLastGuardian  +   278d ago
When someone says they don't support a company because of their fanboys, I want to punch them in the face. You're really going to miss out on a whole slew of games because of how some people act on the internet?

Oh and Ryse and Forza ARE equally unimpressive.
nosferatuzodd  +   278d ago
talk about delusional
#4.5.3 (Edited 278d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(0) | Report
reko  +   278d ago
@kingtrash

we all know youre not buying a ps4..
strigoi814  +   278d ago
@kingtrash

yup we all know you hate Sony, you dont have to explain and elaborate the heart aches
thejigisup  +   278d ago
I love how you can see the future/alternate realities where sony fanboys care about what it's going on in the ms demo kiosk
InTheLab  +   278d ago
You're tired of people cheering on a company thats giving away free games?
AbortMission  +   278d ago
Somehow positive Playstation news equates to Xbox hating Lol

Fanboy paranoia. See a shrink, KingTrash.
Hicken  +   278d ago
You... should probably stop.
Freedomland  +   278d ago
@KingTrash

Oh, i know King of Trash
badz149  +   278d ago
hating on FREE stuff? awesome ones at that too? yeah, king of trash right there!
Silly gameAr  +   278d ago
That is a pretty dumb thing to get pissy over. There's plenty of MS news. Make it easier for you and your blood pressure, and go to those articles and start supporting MS. I promise you, nobody will give a rats a**.
serratos27  +   278d ago
Chill out. Let people get excited we have a new generation of consoles coming out. Dont be so bitter.
AbortMission  +   278d ago
Aww, does the Xbox fanbaby want some Mountain dew and dewritos to calm down? Lol
NarooN  +   278d ago
It must suck for you, KingTrash, to have someone holding you at gunpoint, ferociously commanding you to click on articles like this. I truly pity you.
reko  +   278d ago
@kingtrash

why are you getting mad? whats wrong with the article?
Grave  +   278d ago
He's so ridiculous. "Free stuff is bad m'kay." I am pretty sure Microsoft would looooove to give him the chance to pay for the same game twice.
KingTrash  +   278d ago
Microsoft had been smart enough not to get involved in the handheld game. Their second screen experience is available to anyone with a smartphone or tablet instead of a dying handheld. Now who is making you spend more money in this scenario?
DigitalRaptor  +   278d ago
So basically, you're trying to be some good-for-the-cause honest gamer, and then you just went ahead and posted diatribe like this? No wonder you feel so victimised by Sony fans, if you post crap like this and expect no-one to counter it.

There's nothing wrong with the handheld market, as demonstrated by Nintendo and there are some excellent games on an excellent handheld with PS Vita.

See... you pretend not to be a fanboy, but as evidenced, it always comes back to how Microsoft is better than Sony for whatever reason you just made up there. And as we all know Sony also has a second screen experience available for anyone with a smartphone or tablet, as well as offering the consumer a "dying" handheld.

So no, they're not making you spend more money. Options, you see. If you see the value in Vita, you will go for it. Let's not pretend that Sony are force-bundling you a Vita like Microsoft are force-bundling you Kinect.
#5.1.2 (Edited 278d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(0) | Report
Grave  +   278d ago
That's what the internet calls: pwnt.
S2Killinit  +   278d ago
the value of the Playstation has always been unrivaled, cross play will be the cherry on top. (:
djplonker  +   278d ago
@kingtrash

I love my ps vita and when I get to play my ps4 games on it can only get better!

have fun with your apps that have limited features (sony will bring one out aswell) no need to be a commander on bf4 if you can just play the actual game on your vita not some crappy iphone style app

I think someone is jealious!
#7 (Edited 278d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
admiralvic  +   278d ago
While I can respect an opinion, I don't think Cross-Buy is the best feature introduced this generation. If you want to give that honor to anything, it should be M$ introduction of the achievement system. This system actually forced Sony to implement something to match it (trophies), this lead to increased brand loyalty (if I got 100,000+ GS, then I am less likely to restart at level 1 on the PSN), added additional value to many people, lead to steam achievements / cards, added verifiable data to bragging (now you can see if someone did or did not do X Y Z thing if there was an achievement / trophy for it), which is more than Cross-Buy ever accomplished.
BoriboyShoGUN  +   278d ago
Who cares about gamer score??? It's worthless!!! I've heard that same BS from a couple of xbox buddies and it blows my mind. I got like a 39k gamer score it's ok I guess but to not get a PS4 because of a useless number on your gamer card is ridiculous!!!!! Hell all the people with insane gamer scores play all the kiddie games. 1000 points for "love my pony" what a JOKE!!!!
Damageinc84  +   278d ago
They are fun but I would rather have the value of buying something once and getting it across 3 platforms if I so choose over numbers that really dont mean anything to me in terms of value.

I am an old achievement hoarder speaking. I found myself pushing thru games I despised to hear that damn sound of it unlocking. I regret doing that.

Sometimes forcing competition doesnt work so well. Games for gold gold isn't looking too hot. I quit downloading them when, what was it might and magic, was released for free.
#8.2 (Edited 278d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
thejigisup  +   278d ago
I kinda feel like achievements take away from the game as instead of just playing now have trophy whores. Most of which I can't stand. Thus had also led developers to trick people, not all, just shine to replay a game, just for a trophy. This is for the completionists. But what do we really get fit trophies and achievements other than bragging rights that Que a few people don't care about. I'm generally too busy playing my games to bother to look at other hangers trophy collection. Anyone care to explain bc maybe I am missing the big picture.
Damageinc84  +   278d ago
Agreed. I found unlocking them more fun than the actual games at times. I miss the days without them now to be honest.

Worst addition is selling unlocks as dlc this gen. I mean whatever happened to cheat codes? Way to make people fork out that last 5 bucks. Sad thing is I know people who buy them all the time.
BoriboyShoGUN  +   278d ago
Exactly!!! How many assholes ruin a multiplayer match trying to get knife kills or something ridiculous instead of just playing the game. The challenges in COD caused the same problem, your in a close match and you lose because some clown is 2-34 trying to get pistol skins!!!!!
BoriboyShoGUN  +   278d ago
Yeah @damageinc that kills me too, people unlocking superior weapons because they fork over extra dough. At least make it where you have to complete the game on the hardest difficulty or something legit! But those days are over gents it's all about squeezing that extra buck out of you.
memots  +   278d ago
wow dude,,... Gamer score over something that is worth something that is pretty retarded.
admiralvic  +   278d ago
1) it depends on how you look at the term "best". If we're talking value, then the Instant Game Collection is easily the best "feature" introduced this generation. If we're talking impact on the game industry and vastly changed things (where my point of view comes from), then it would probably be achievement / trophies. As some have mentioned, they can lead to bad things, but they can also add value at the same time.
2) Value is conceptual, so while you might value getting Sound Shapes a third time... once was enough for me. To continue on this train of thought, many games also do not support Cross-Buy and several games I would have liked to be cross-buy (Dragon's Crown anyone?) were not. As it stands, this is currently a feature almost completely supported by Sony, with several companies opting out of it.
3) I don't see why a contrasting opinion deserves an insult.
memots  +   278d ago
@admiralvic

I agree with some of your comments.
yeah Dragon Crown was a bummer and the sole reason why i don't own it yet.

I know some people like the Achievements/trophy , Hell even Steam as them and Uplay and Origin jumped in. But i really don't see this as anything of value. My newphew is all about Achievements on BF3 to him it makes him play different and try different things. This i guess is worth it. But rarelly implemented to encourage gameplay and again to me as no value.
fsfsxii  +   278d ago
Wow man. I thought you were a smart guy... never again.
colonel179  +   278d ago
For me is not. I rather have new games for PS Vita than to have the SAME game from the PS3. PS Vita is great but it lacks a lot of NEW games. While it's great to continue playing the game other than home, it would be much better if they use the resources of the PS Vita version for a new IP that really takes advantage of the PS Vita hardware.

On the other hand, if you want to play your PS4 games on PS Vita, Remote Play is a better feature. It doesn't take away resources and still enjoy the game everywhere.
#9 (Edited 278d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
r21  +   278d ago
Then I better see you buy Tearaway, thats an original IP on PS Vita. Cause I am :)
colonel179  +   278d ago
Of course I will buy it! I'm excited for it.
grassyknoll  +   278d ago
Sony get a lot of flack for not being original & innovative, but made cross buy, remote play & PlayStation Plus. Along with being the bravest large publisher, Sony are probably one of the most important companies for the health of the games industry right now.
pkb79  +   278d ago
I was laughing the other day in my local walmart. I got a bargain bin copy of PlayStation all stars for $10, came with a free vita copy. But they still had the Vita version on the shelf for $35. Glad I educate myself as a consumer.
CadeB  +   277d ago
I love cross buy, can help with boosting trophies too :)