Comments (38)
Donnieboi  +   813d ago
My favorite soundtracks IMO (that are not as well known/celebrated), here I even give a small example of their soundtracks:

SaGa Frontier 2 (
Street Fighter EX 1 (
Rainbow Moon (
Castlevania Symphony of the Night (
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 (
#1 (Edited 813d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
dbjj12088  +   813d ago
Soundtrack was the only redeeming factor in Sonic 2006. Sega has to try hard to mess up an OST.
Donnieboi  +   813d ago
Lol yeah one of the best soundtracks EVER, but that game is one of the worst, buggiest retail releases ever made. Absolute trash game.
dedicatedtogamers  +   813d ago
There are so many to choose from, but I'd probably pick Total Annihilation.
MrMister  +   813d ago
I just checked out that soundtrack on youtube and yeah it's pretty good.
#2.1 (Edited 813d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Tommykrem  +   813d ago
Ace Combat is rarely mentioned, but it certainly deserves it. Many good tracks have come from that franchise. The more obvious choices are of course Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Halo, Elder Scrolls among others.
dbjj12088  +   813d ago
Lots of people told me to listen to AC soundtrack even if I don't play the game. Now it's one of my favorites.
Donnieboi  +   813d ago
Dude I forgot about Ace Combat series! Hell yeah!

Oh yeah, and don't forget the early Ridge Racer games by Namco too.
#3.2 (Edited 813d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Chug  +   813d ago
It may sound cliché, but FFVII would definitely be one of my favorites.

Another favorite of mine would be Castlevania Lords of Shadow.
#4 (Edited 813d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
darthseth24  +   813d ago
Tekken 3,tekken tag and castlevania SOTN.
CanadianTurtle  +   813d ago
Comment removed due to glitch*
#6 (Edited 813d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Snookies12  +   813d ago
Chrono Trigger. I love just about every track on that game...
chadboban  +   813d ago
One of my absolute favorites as well.
While we're on that topic, how about a lovely acapella version of "Corridors of Time"
Snookies12  +   813d ago
Great taste! I love Smooth McGroove! :]
game_infected  +   813d ago
My favorite : Max payne
Chaos_Raiden  +   813d ago
My most favourite soundtracks are:

Final Fantasy X
Valkyria Chronicles
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Kingdom Hearts 2

I find that many, many RPGs have memorable soundtracks, especially Final Fantasy series, Kingdom Hearts series, and others.
knifefight  +   813d ago
If you had to pick just 1, like what they did for this video, what do you think yours would be?

I'd probably ride the Nier train. Matched the game so well. (So did the others, but still!) ^_^
Chaos_Raiden  +   812d ago
It is hard to choose, but I will pick Final Fantasy X. That game is the first game on PS2 that made me in love with video game music.
crider771  +   813d ago
So many great soundtracks, it's hard to chose a few, but here's mine...

Ys Book 1&2 (Turbografx 16 cd)
Chaos Legion
Star Control 2
Kakuto Chojin
Ridge Racer Type 4
r21  +   813d ago
What springs to mind is GR, Gravity Rush. That soundtrack!
CLOUD1983  +   813d ago

Nough Said - BEST GAME SOUNDTRACK EVER, melodies out of this world that stuck in your head 4ever.
#12 (Edited 813d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
spok22  +   813d ago
TLOU!!! :)
HugoDrax  +   813d ago
Castlevania Symphony of the Night will always be my favorite.
_FantasmA_  +   813d ago
I haven't played most of these games since they are RPGS but Deus Ex Human Revolution and Deus Ex had some of the best soundtracks of all time!
effinrobjob  +   813d ago
nobody on here will have ever played this game, but for an NES game especially, it was an epic soundtrack. Also one of the best games nobody ever played. Baseball meets RPG epicness that we will never see again.

this gameplay video showcases almost all tracks
-Title screen
-Team selection
-Homerun celebration (although cut short)
-Robot battle to death
oakshin  +   812d ago
lol me and my brother used to play that game i liked robing home runs
fsfsxii  +   813d ago
"The best is yet to come"
And "I can't say goodbye to yesterday"
segamon  +   813d ago
Kingdom Hearts
Persona 2
Dark Cloud 2
Onimusha 1,2
Soul Calibur
Odin's Sphere

each had memorable music, and the list goes on..
#18 (Edited 812d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
MrTrololo  +   812d ago
Kingdom Hearts 2
FFXIII/FXIII-2 [ Hated the game though ]
Metal Gear Solid
Batman Arkham City
Castlevania Symphony Of The Night
Chrono Trigger
Legend Of Legaia
TiberusX87  +   812d ago
The best soundtrack in my opinion is from a little indie gamed called, To The Moon.

Otherwise, some other favourites come from:
- Persona 4
- Final Fantasy
- Silent Hill
- Elder Scrolls
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Xenoblade Chronicles
- Halo
- Castlevania
sherimae2413  +   812d ago
persona 4 and 3 for me

specially that final boss battle music in p4g ^_^
Canidae  +   812d ago
If I had to choose just one, it would be The World Ends with You. Twister, Calling, Someday (boss battles to that track were epic), and last but not least A Lullaby for You (got something in my eye on that one).
Capt-FuzzyPants  +   812d ago
Definitely Kingdom Hearts for me. Nothing will ever top it based solely on nostalgia.
Thatmattkid  +   812d ago
Scott Pilgrim: The Game. Anamanaguchi sure know how to create an epic, retro soundtrack!
DestinyHeroDoomlord  +   812d ago
Dark souls, monster hunter 1 and dragon quest viii
chikane  +   812d ago
Final Fantasy x x-2 12 13 and somewhat 13-2

ace combat 4 5 and zero

love the soundtracks of those games
SpinalRemains138  +   812d ago