Comments (38)
Nitrowolf2  +   475d ago
For me its the PS1. Love that start up and nothing like bring back those memories.
ApolloTheBoss  +   475d ago
They should really bring that back for the PS4. Putting icing on a cake that's too damn good already.
cervantes99  +   475d ago
Yep, PS1 start up was the best.
iGAM3R-VIII  +   475d ago
The noise that the PS2 made when it started up was beautiful and I hope it is in the PS4
NukaCola  +   475d ago
SEEEEEGGGGGGAAAAAA!!! Or the whispering Dreamcast

Classic before titles like Sonic
HammadTheBeast  +   475d ago
Dreamcast was cool, but not Playstation as the article says. For myself, I loved the Canadian PS1 sound. I think it was Canadian. I mean the small compact white one.
NukaCola  +   475d ago
Yeah I didnt even catch that. Just started remembering console log ons..lol

For the PS, Oddworld still opens up ever so most epically.
Magnus  +   475d ago
Ps1 for sure still love that noise when the Playstaion logo popped up. And the PS3 ding before Sony dropped it.
#2 (Edited 475d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
DownNotOut  +   475d ago
the ps2 and those towers... good times
SKUD  +   475d ago
PS1. Followed by GT1 or Ridge Racer Type 4 intro. Good times.
Akuma2K  +   475d ago
PS1 startup brings back memories, always loved the startup right before i played Resident Evil and Streetfighter Alpha.....those were the days.
KwietStorm  +   475d ago
:')
abzdine  +   475d ago
I remember we were trying to "sing" the PS1 startup with my friends! It's impossible but lots of fun!

I remember PS1 start up followed by Winning Eleven.. Soccer was what i played most on PS1 we missed classes to organize tournaments back in the days LOL
2pacalypsenow  +   475d ago
Ps2
contradictory  +   475d ago
PS2
SonyAddict  +   475d ago
My best is "you're file system may be corrupted".
Trago1337  +   475d ago
Nothing beats the original PlayStation Start up for me, it's pretty nostalgic.
cyberninja  +   475d ago
PS1. The best start up sound ever imo.
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   475d ago
PS1 for me no doubt, but for the PS2 start up I have always loved the sound it makes as the Playstation 2 logo appears.
KwietStorm  +   475d ago
Good question. PS3 literally has a classic and prestigious feel, PS2 was very simple but I liked that sound effect. But PS1 was almost like their own THX intro. It came in very strong and then leaves with an almost ominous trail.

But as long as were talking about intros, how about Soul Blade. That quality was mind boggling at the time.

Related video
#12 (Edited 475d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
NaAsAr  +   475d ago
i 2nd that emotion ;)
games333  +   475d ago
In order 1>2>3
NaAsAr  +   475d ago
PS1 for sure :)

when it took as long as it did in the attached video, i used to think "dam, my mod chip isn't working"
#14 (Edited 475d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
abzdine  +   475d ago
PS1 definitely followed by PSP.
I was surprised Vita doesnt have any.
tigertron  +   475d ago
The PS1 followed by the Gamecube, then the PS2.
KwietStorm  +   475d ago
The PlayStation GameCube? What model was that?
tigertron  +   475d ago
Uh, what? XD
stage88  +   475d ago
PS1 has the best start up of any console.
no_more_heroes  +   475d ago
Absolutely the PS1 startup. That sound was positively ear-gasmic.
Bellcross  +   475d ago
PS1
OhReginald  +   475d ago
PS1 > PS2> PS3
pop-voxuli  +   475d ago
PS1>PS2>PS3>PSP>PS V
#21 (Edited 475d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
sonicsidewinder  +   475d ago
I used to dig those Dreamworks Interactive intro's on the PS1 games.

The one for The Lost World Jurassic Park used to scare me haha!

Yes. PS1 intro. Gamecube intro.

Sonic intro on the mega drive of course. "SEGAAAA!!!"
#22 (Edited 475d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
coolasj  +   475d ago
PS3 > PS1 > PS2

The symphony tuning is an instant classic. It flexes my sound systems muscles for me.
Kratoscar2008  +   475d ago
PS1 although i dreaded when stayed its welcome (ie Disc too damaged)
Oh_Yeah  +   475d ago
Nostalgic and badass= PS1, smooth and classy= PS3, PS2 was just alright.. but I'd say the Dreamcast had the greatest boot of all consoles, it was orgasmic and natural.
#25 (Edited 475d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
No FanS Land  +   475d ago
Yeah, the PS1, the way it sounded when the triangles resized in the square, showing SCEA. Then the way the PS logo (why did sony remove the colors :'( ???? ) appeared with that soothing effect. you felt overpowered.
GamerElite  +   474d ago