Comments (38)
Nitrowolf2  +   507d ago
For me its the PS1. Love that start up and nothing like bring back those memories.
ApolloTheBoss  +   507d ago
They should really bring that back for the PS4. Putting icing on a cake that's too damn good already.
cervantes99  +   507d ago
Yep, PS1 start up was the best.
iGAM3R-VIII  +   507d ago
The noise that the PS2 made when it started up was beautiful and I hope it is in the PS4
NukaCola  +   507d ago
SEEEEEGGGGGGAAAAAA!!! Or the whispering Dreamcast

Classic before titles like Sonic
HammadTheBeast  +   506d ago
Dreamcast was cool, but not Playstation as the article says. For myself, I loved the Canadian PS1 sound. I think it was Canadian. I mean the small compact white one.
NukaCola  +   506d ago
Yeah I didnt even catch that. Just started remembering console log ons..lol

For the PS, Oddworld still opens up ever so most epically.
Magnus  +   507d ago
Ps1 for sure still love that noise when the Playstaion logo popped up. And the PS3 ding before Sony dropped it.
#2 (Edited 507d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
DownNotOut  +   507d ago
the ps2 and those towers... good times
SKUD  +   507d ago
PS1. Followed by GT1 or Ridge Racer Type 4 intro. Good times.
Akuma2K  +   507d ago
PS1 startup brings back memories, always loved the startup right before i played Resident Evil and Streetfighter Alpha.....those were the days.
KwietStorm  +   507d ago
:')
abzdine  +   507d ago
I remember we were trying to "sing" the PS1 startup with my friends! It's impossible but lots of fun!

I remember PS1 start up followed by Winning Eleven.. Soccer was what i played most on PS1 we missed classes to organize tournaments back in the days LOL
2pacalypsenow  +   507d ago
Ps2
contradictory  +   507d ago
PS2
SonyAddict  +   507d ago
My best is "you're file system may be corrupted".
Trago1337  +   507d ago
Nothing beats the original PlayStation Start up for me, it's pretty nostalgic.
cyberninja  +   507d ago
PS1. The best start up sound ever imo.
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   507d ago
PS1 for me no doubt, but for the PS2 start up I have always loved the sound it makes as the Playstation 2 logo appears.
KwietStorm  +   507d ago
Good question. PS3 literally has a classic and prestigious feel, PS2 was very simple but I liked that sound effect. But PS1 was almost like their own THX intro. It came in very strong and then leaves with an almost ominous trail.

But as long as were talking about intros, how about Soul Blade. That quality was mind boggling at the time.

Related video
#12 (Edited 507d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
NaAsAr  +   507d ago
i 2nd that emotion ;)
games333  +   507d ago
In order 1>2>3
NaAsAr  +   507d ago
PS1 for sure :)

when it took as long as it did in the attached video, i used to think "dam, my mod chip isn't working"
#14 (Edited 507d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
abzdine  +   507d ago
PS1 definitely followed by PSP.
I was surprised Vita doesnt have any.
tigertron  +   507d ago
The PS1 followed by the Gamecube, then the PS2.
KwietStorm  +   507d ago
The PlayStation GameCube? What model was that?
tigertron  +   507d ago
Uh, what? XD
stage88  +   507d ago
PS1 has the best start up of any console.
no_more_heroes  +   507d ago
Absolutely the PS1 startup. That sound was positively ear-gasmic.
Bellcross  +   507d ago
PS1
OhReginald  +   507d ago
PS1 > PS2> PS3
pop-voxuli  +   507d ago
PS1>PS2>PS3>PSP>PS V
#21 (Edited 507d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
sonicsidewinder  +   506d ago
I used to dig those Dreamworks Interactive intro's on the PS1 games.

The one for The Lost World Jurassic Park used to scare me haha!

Yes. PS1 intro. Gamecube intro.

Sonic intro on the mega drive of course. "SEGAAAA!!!"
#22 (Edited 506d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
coolasj  +   506d ago
PS3 > PS1 > PS2

The symphony tuning is an instant classic. It flexes my sound systems muscles for me.
Kratoscar2008  +   506d ago
PS1 although i dreaded when stayed its welcome (ie Disc too damaged)
Oh_Yeah  +   506d ago
Nostalgic and badass= PS1, smooth and classy= PS3, PS2 was just alright.. but I'd say the Dreamcast had the greatest boot of all consoles, it was orgasmic and natural.
#25 (Edited 506d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
No FanS Land  +   506d ago
Yeah, the PS1, the way it sounded when the triangles resized in the square, showing SCEA. Then the way the PS logo (why did sony remove the colors :'( ???? ) appeared with that soothing effect. you felt overpowered.
GamerElite  +   506d ago