Comments (37)
JoGam  +   385d ago
I tried to forget about the PS4, i swear i did. It keeps haunting my dreams. I went and got a Wii U and while playing i keep hearing voices of Jack Tretten and Phil Harrison. I know crazy right cause phil no longer works for Sony. He works for MS. Oh shit! I Just have it face it, with the new PS4 and 720, it will be hard to ignore them. :'(
#1 (Edited 385d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
WiiUsauce  +   384d ago
http://www.youtube.com/watc... this is reason enough to choose a Wii U over a PS4 or neXbox. Plus, once you also see Super Smash Bros. 4, Bayonetta 2, Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei, Retro Studios' next game, Mario Galaxy 3 (trust me, it'll look phenomenal), Zelda in HD, Mario Kart HD, ect, the Wii U is gonna be a pretty damn enticing console with some damn good games.
MaxXAttaxX  +   384d ago
Article almost had me for a second there. If only it wasn't so poorly written...
MorfiTM  +   385d ago
IMO this article is poorly written and doesn't encourage me to think about buying Wii U. Especially when Nintendo is non-existent in my country whereas Sony and Microsoft are visible everywhere.
1upgamer99  +   384d ago
What country is that? Sony I can see, but Microsoft?
MorfiTM  +   384d ago
A small country in Central Europe called Poland :D
Y_5150  +   385d ago
I want to get a Wii U so badly but I'm really excited for the PS4. E3 will show me which one would take my money first.
dedicatedtogamers  +   384d ago
WiiU is aimed at die-hard Nintendo-only gamers. If you thought the Gamecube was enough and you didn't see the need for a PS2 or Xbox, go ahead and get a WiiU. Otherwise, you're going to be missing out on a lot of next-gen titles. 3rd party support for the thing is already drying up, so unless you're content with a handful of 1st partg games per year, get the WiiU when it is cheaper and let the game library grow.
#5 (Edited 384d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
Neonridr  +   384d ago
Why can't people in today's age not enjoy both? I got a Wii U so that I can enjoy the 1st and 2nd party Nintendo AAA titles first and foremost. If I want to play a multiplat game I have my 360 or heck I can play it on my PC where it will be better anyways..

I just don't understand this narrow stance on videogaming where you are only allowed to choose one platform to support and that's it. This isn't war people. Anybody out there who calls themselves a "hardcore" gamer should be actually living up to that name by owning and utilizing more than one game console. You can't be hardcore if you are so narrow minded to limit your gaming opportunities by only seeing 1/3 of the pie.
dedicatedtogamers  +   384d ago
I never said people can't enjoy both. If you would read the article title, it says "forget 720 and PS4". Okay, and I'm simply pointing out that if you forget 720 and PS4, you'll miss out on the majority of next-gen third party games
Neonridr  +   384d ago
dedicatedtogamers: sorry that wasn't directed directly at you. Just in general.
Tito08  +   384d ago
Well, in my case, I only have a PS3, I don't have 360 anymore. Plus I never felt like I'm missing out on anything in regards to Nintendo & their exclusive games. Plus you can't label a hardcore gamer based on having multiple devices, label him based on the games he plays.

Just because there are people that prefer to game on one console doesn't mean they're narrow minded. Whether or not people buy one or more platforms, that's their problem, deal with it, games defines the player, not the multiple platforms.
#5.1.3 (Edited 384d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report
nintendoland  +   384d ago
but gc is better than ps2
Jadedz  +   384d ago
I'm happy
I'm satisfied (with the Wii U).
chadboban  +   384d ago
Wii U, PS4, 3DS, Vita and PC are going to be what I game on for this coming gen.
animegamingnerd  +   384d ago
same here
MNGamer-N  +   384d ago
Agreed! Minus the PC. I already sit at the computer all day for work, I couldn't handle another 8 hours in that chair. PS4/Vita + WIIU/3DS = You'll get to play *almost* every game offered next gen.
PopRocks359  +   384d ago
Oh great. Another flamebait article.

I'm with Neonridr. Can't people enjoy both? I intend to get a PS4 at some point alongside my Wii U and PC. I see very little reason to discount one over the other.
#8 (Edited 384d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
kirbyu  +   384d ago
Because consoles and games are expensive.
PopRocks359  +   384d ago
Okay? Some gamers save up over the years. I didn't get the 360 or PS3 at launch but I still got them at some point (albeit I now only have the PS3).

My point is the different systems can live in tandem and it is most certainly not unreasonable to support more than one.
Rearden  +   384d ago
Wii U? Is that the tablet attachment to the Wii?

/s
NastyLeftHook0  +   384d ago
a good combo would be just to own all of them, wii u and ps4. i say wii u because of the franchises nintendo has.
animegamingnerd  +   384d ago
better idea why not just own all of them
stragomccloud  +   384d ago
Agreed.
We still don't know what Microsoft will bring to the table, and Sony /will/ have amazing exclusives, just like Nintendo's machines.
jameson12345  +   384d ago
I think it would be best to own all of them. They all are awesome machines. Wii U for Nintendo exclusives and pleasant online services (Miiverse is a great change of pace), PS4/Xbox for Multi-platforms, and PC for PC only titles and top of line graphics. The thought of what this next generation might bring is literally making me shake with excitement. :)
deafdani  +   384d ago
(Sorry for the multiple posts, the browser went apeshit on me).
#13 (Edited 384d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
deafdani  +   384d ago
(Sorry for the multiple posts, the browser went apeshit on me).
#14 (Edited 384d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
deafdani  +   384d ago
"This is down to the fact that they have put ticks in boxes that says such as “connects to the internet” “uses the Wii U GamePad” and “plays games online.” Even a child of 5 would assume that all of these from the console. One reason that wasn’t mentioned on the ticked list was the fact that there is GameCube functionality on the Wii U."

Not only is this article terribly written, it's also inaccurate. Gamecube functionality on the Wii U? It's missing Gamecube controller ports, memory card slots, and it doesn't play GC games, period.

Also, the article didn't say "why Nintendo Wii U is a good choice" in the end. It only spouted a lot of nonsense. Unless the reason was the supposed Gamecube compatibility, which, again, isn't there.

Did a 10 year old write this?
#15 (Edited 384d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
stragomccloud  +   384d ago
The Sony and Microsoft fanboys cometh to belittle the Wii U yet again. And, yet again, they will miss out on an amazing experience.

Seriously though, why can't one dip into several?
I could buy two consoles for how much I built my PC for.
#16 (Edited 384d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
DarkHeroZX  +   384d ago
My dad bought and used his Wii U for a time and didn't really enjoy it, he's into games like AC, God of war, COD, etc. and when he didn't notice any real improvement over his ps3 he sold it fairly quickly. In all honesty without Pokemon and Zelda I'd have no reason to own a Nintendo console. Until they arrive my 3ds will be all the nintendo I'll need for a while.
stragomccloud  +   384d ago
There shouldn't be a difference with those games. They were just ports.
bullymangLer  +   382d ago
So you are saying that the Vita's little joysticks are more comfy to MOVE AROUND than the 3DS SLIDER PAD?

ha! you must not have had a big breakfast.

besides, Monster Hunter 4 ain't a 1st person shooter dude, so no joysticks are wanted < fact even MORE a reason to want MONSTER HUNTER 4 on a 3DS XL stead of a vita.

"SLIDER PADS" = 3rd person adventure! .
get over it.

Nintendo Dominates and always will.

Blocking me wont change that fact ha haa

blocking someone = you are not correct, for if you were, you would be confident and not get even annoyed by HARD FACTS as to have to block another (:

hohkaiy now, bye bye then. .
#16.1.2 (Edited 382d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
Bumpmapping   384d ago | Trolling | show
josephayal  +   384d ago
Wow incredible article, Wii u the best choice
MNGamer-N  +   384d ago
I think the WiiU will be the best platform choice to play Nintendo games. >=D
NYC_Gamer  +   384d ago
I'm not really a fan of Nintendo franchises anymore so there is no need for me to buy Wii-U