Comments (96)
« 1 2 »
Walker  +   481d ago
Nope, i will buy PS4 at launch !
aceitman  +   481d ago | Well said
With the problems the 360 had at launch I'll pass , I'll get the ps4 1st I might not need to get the new Xbox if the ps4 holds strong . If I want get the new one it will be at least 6 -9 months making sure they have no issues.
Eyeco  +   481d ago
I don't think it's fair to assume that the Next Xbox will suffer the same hardware issues as the 360. People seem to forget that the PS2 also had pretty abysmal hardware although no where near as epic as the 360's that said it never stopped people buying the PS3 at launch or buying the PS3 period, did the PS3 suffer from poor hardware like its predecessor ? no it didn't.

Another thing is the 360 was clearly rushed into the market to capitalize on the generation before the PS3's release, It shouldn't have been released for another year, I mean just look at the amount of issues it had.

Overall I'm not sure I'm gonna buy either console at launch mainly due to the fact that there are plenty of games this generation that I've yet top play and plan on backtracking on. maybe a year after launch I'll consider buying a next gen console.
#1.1.1 (Edited 481d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(17) | Report
RustedMan  +   481d ago
totally agree. I'm on my third xbox after the other two RRODed on me. Not going anywhere NEAR the new console until I know for sure that it's not going to explode in my face.
I swear it's like the damned Hurt Locker when turning the thing on.
EVILDEAD360  +   481d ago
If Microsoft comes through with even the rumored specs and delivers a great console I'm there at launch.

If the Xbox is BC and your Xbox Live account with your achievements friends list and XBLA games comes along with it, the 720 is going to fly off shelves on the strength of the core 360 install base alone.

If Kinect 2.0 is a true upgrade an MS shows its worth it for the casuals, MS is going to due the WIi numbers that Nintendo left behind.

This is going to be a two way race with Sony winning the hardware numbers because Japan will never by an American console again.

But when it comes to software MS will enjoy mass success because their software has never catered to the east outside of multi-plats and a few exclusives.

Both consoles have the potential to be very successful.

Evil
Bigpappy  +   481d ago
If I were to answer this, that would be admitting that E3 means nothing to me. That would be incorrect. I will give both companies a chance to sell me their product. Talk to me after E3 and I might have a better answer.
Sweelix  +   481d ago
well said
rezzah  +   481d ago
Makes as much sense as me giving you a bubble because you said "well said".
The_Infected  +   481d ago | Well said
I'll take a "Gaming console" over an "Entertainment console" any day.
#1.3 (Edited 481d ago ) | Agree(28) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
PraxxtorCruel  +   481d ago
I won't be buying neither of them simply because when launched the catalog of games is so poor and pathetic by the time there's actually something worth playing they have revised the original product to make it more sleek, energy efficient and generally a lot more eye catching.
#1.4 (Edited 481d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(15) | Report | Reply
khowat  +   481d ago
So true
otherZinc  +   481d ago
Yes, absolutely, Day 1 buy!
This is why:

I have the same gamertag for the last 10 years

I have a friends list of 99, most for 10 years

My entire library will transfer as XBOX 1 did to 360

My LIVE games will transfer as well

*The games will be backwards compatible that are already in my Gaming Library. This statement is the only one in question. However, since M$ didnt use a strange technology with its 360, emulation for old games should be very easy.

M$ built an online structure 3 years before the XBOX 1 was at retail, So we all know 720 will be integrated with original XBOX Live features & functionality.

Reliability:
People think we were born yesterday:
PS1 had issues, remember? When buying a PS1 you had to have the correct one because the failure rate of the initial console was terrible. We all bought 2.

PS2 had the terrible "Blue Disk Read Error"

PS3 has the "yellow light of death"
PS3 Also has the new Slim where the eliminated backwards compatibility. This allowed SONY to charge for remakes of games you already purchased. Now the PS4 will do the same, people will say they dont want to play PS3 games on the PS4 but they'll buy the HD Remakes...

PS4 wont even transfer the PS3 PSN information & games...WTF is that??? Please, thats terrible.

So yes, I'm buying 720 Day 1.
GiggMan  +   481d ago
And if all your friends buy PS4's you can make new friends. :-)

I'll buy if they were launched months apart... If both launch around the same time I'm leaning towards the PS4 even though I don't know what MS has up their sleeve.
#1.5.1 (Edited 481d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(3) | Report
kayoss  +   481d ago
How can you say you will buy a console without knowing its spec or any detail about it? I've became a Sony fan this gen but I wouldn't jump the gun and go buy a console without knowing any info about it. At least for the ps4 we all know some details about.
Yes all consoles has some sort of failure but the Xbox 360 was the worst of any console released.
You do understand the reasoning for the slim right? It's to cut cost and get your facts straight. Backward comparability was removed before the slim was even release to cut cost. Those re-releases are Hd versions and you have the choice to rebuy it, no one forcing you.
TheSurg  +   481d ago
I remember ps1 times...me and all my friends who had one had to put the damn thing upside down to make it read discs...was replacing laser several times. My ps2 broke down after 2 months of usage...ofcourse disc reading problems too. Whoever says those consoles had no problem never owned one. It was even worse than xbox360 launch version...way worse.
WhatchaTalkinBout  +   481d ago
lolol your quick to point out the ylod on the ps3.. but you failed to mention the massive RROD that microsoft had, which was much more of a issue for microsoft, than ylod was for sony
also i like to know your proof where you got that psn wont transfer over to the ps4, you can transfer profile over to the ps4 aswell as ps3 and vita, there all linked
tachy0n  +   481d ago
its too early to determine, stop being sheep.
FunkMacNasty  +   481d ago
Really this is a question for turds, is is not? We have NO confirmed specs yet--only rumors for the next Xbox. Therefore the only people who will be definitively saying "YES i will buy it at launch" or "No I wont buy it at Launch" are total fanboys. How can you defiinitvely know, before you KNOW actual specs of a console, that you are going to buy it at launch? Only if your a drone for brand loyalty..
#1.7 (Edited 481d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
rezzah  +   481d ago
Forget specs, no games have been mentioned.

The games define the console.
choda  +   481d ago
THERES NO WAY IN HELL MS WILL LET THE NEW CONSOLE SUFFER THE SAME ISSUE AGAIN. LOSING THAT MUCH REVENUE IS NOT IN THERE BEST INTEREST. I THINK YOU WILL SEE IT TO BE A VERY SOLID CONSOLE THIS TIME AROUND. DEFINETLY GETTING ONE ON DAY 1
DivineAssault  +   481d ago
no effin way! PS4 all the way!
Knight_Crawler  +   481d ago
You dirty dirty girl.
The Meerkat  +   481d ago
The momentum certainly seems to be with Sony.

But anyone who would choose a side at this stage is a fanboy.

I'm going to wait until all the cards are on the table before making my choice.
xPhearR3dx  +   481d ago
Well of course, Sony has announced their next-gen system while Microsoft is staying quite. Once the next Xbox is announced all the momentum will shift to them until Sony reveals more on the PS4.
Ezz2013  +   481d ago
sony will be in E3 too
showing the hardware and new games and the games we already saw

so MS "momentum" will be very very short
only for few hours untill sony show what it else it got in E3

i think sony put MS in very hard place
#3.1.1 (Edited 481d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(8) | Report
SatanSki  +   481d ago
You talk with a reason and still get deisagrees hehe. People are soooo damn stupid.
rezzah  +   481d ago
It isn't always an act of fanboyism, but can be easily seen as such.
Cocozero  +   481d ago
Considering what Sony has shown so far I will definitely be going with the next xbox MS would have to show something epically bad to make me think otherwise.

Better graphics just aren't enough anymore.
majiebeast  +   481d ago
Yeah kinect 2.0 is!
dc1  +   481d ago
Your under-appreciation of what Sony has shown so far is antithetical to a every developer comment on record, any real gamer (who's not afraid of owning and PS3 and an Xbox) and your childhood's imagination.

If your finances and/or current loyalties sides you with MS then so be it.

Just stop the unnecessary slight at each turn on the road and look forward to the next piece of information from MS.

If I have wronged you then please provided some specifics and I will do the reply.

Happy gaming :)
Vaud-Villian  +   481d ago
Taste is subjective and one does not need to follow a crowd mentality, stifling independent opinion thank you very much.
dc1  +   481d ago
@ Caud-Villian

My comment wasn't an argument around taste.
It was statement centered around:
- Measurable advancement based on current industry standards that were praised by industry experts.

I appreciate your comment.
The_Infected  +   481d ago
@Cocozero

"Considering what Sony has shown so far I will definitely be going with the next xbox"

Please tell me how what they shown wasn't good enough? Instant downloads, a new much better controller, streaming, game suspend mode, 8Gb GDDR5 ram, games, games, games...etc.

What do you expect MS to show off that's better? Please tell me.
#4.3 (Edited 481d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Good_Guy_Jamal  +   481d ago
No. I'm not buying the ps4 at launch either but probably will buy it down the line when the price is right. Same goes for the next box, as long as they don't have any always online and no used games nonsense.
clintagious650  +   481d ago
Hard to get excited when they havent showed nothing. We already know how everything is going with the 360. Kinect just aint my thing so no imma hold off until ms can win us back.
ichimaru  +   481d ago
I will wait until an official reveal, I won't make a blind purchase or be pressured to buy a ps4 either. Ill probably get both when I feel like it
rapidturtle  +   481d ago
I would consider it, if they stop charging for Xbox live. Otherwise, I am going PS4 all the way. I am tired of giving M$$ my hard earned money for a service that is free on all other platforms.
FightFans  +   481d ago
depends on the feature and spec and games.
clintagious650  +   481d ago
To be honest I think it will be kinda like the way u see the ps3 & 360 right now where its kinda identical but the 1st party studios showing off the systems true potential. Other then that I just want to see new games and no im not talking bout kinect 2.0 games. Just new games for the core.
ElitaStorm  +   481d ago
nop, because i dont know nothing about the next xbox

but ps4 will be my choice, plus i have saved some money
#10 (Edited 481d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
ndl1531  +   481d ago
no. im with ps4
gamertk421  +   481d ago
Unequivocally yes!
AsunaYuukiTheFlash  +   481d ago
PS4 all day, any day!
Kyosuke_Sanada  +   481d ago
I'm not buying any console at launch until some failure rate stats are announced.
dc1  +   481d ago
I would be honestly surprised if MS or Sony (to a lesser degree) will have similar issues this gen.
YodaCracker  +   481d ago
I have no idea yet because not one scrap of information is known about the next Xbox. One thing is certain though - I will not be buying both the PlayStation and Xbox consoles next gen like I did this gen. One just ends up seeing no use (this gen my PS3) while I play all multiplatform games on the other. The PS3 did serve me well as a Blu-Ray player, but aside from the few exclusives I am interested in, it has been left to sit under my TV to collect dust.

This year I am going to have to do a lot of thinking to decide which of the two consoles will be worth owning as my sole gaming device.
Baka-akaB  +   481d ago
I wont give a definitive no . But MS has to win me over with games and gaming features for me to swallow again the rest and the forced subscription system (however cheap it is , it's the principle and idea of the thing)

I know i'm convinced by the prospect of the currently announced ps4 and some of the multiplatform games ... the ball is in MS' camp
#16 (Edited 481d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
josephayal  +   481d ago
MasterCornholio  +   481d ago
Its a bit too early to determine if the new Xbox is worth buying since the console hasn't even been unveiled. But due to Songs strong showing of the PS4 and the overwhelming amount of negative rumors on the 720, currently I'm leaning more towards buying a PS4 than the 720. However that could change if Microsoft does an even better job than Sony.

But this I can confirm. I will never buy a Wii U because I consider it a last gen console plus Nintendo franchises don't interest me at all.

Motorola RAZR i
#18 (Edited 481d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
KillrateOmega  +   481d ago
I'll more than likely get a PS4, but still not entirely certain. If MS wants my purchase, then they're are going to have REALLY blow me away.
NewZealander  +   481d ago
I will be buying the ps4 and the next xbox, best of both worlds :)
Williamson  +   481d ago
I'm going to be just going with one main console which is the ps4, but I might cave in and buy the wii u when the new smash bros comes out.
nyobzoo  +   481d ago
no, not going to pay for live and don't care for kinect 2.0
nintendoland  +   481d ago
Nope. I already have Wii u and pc. I think those are enough for this new gen.
LOL_WUT  +   481d ago
Hah, i'll be sure to check out Microsofts conference this E3 and make my decision till then. ;)
solidboss07  +   481d ago
Nope, PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3. After Playstations February 20th event I have no reason to jump ship. I will get a Playstation 4.
I am very interested to see the Nextbox though. I hope that they deliver a good comparable gaming console, and not some synical money making eco system that abandons core gamers. They could make plenty of Benjamins with good games.
If the rumoured specs are correct then, like Next Gen Gran Turismo and Killzone ect, Next Gen Forza, Halo and whatever else XBots play should be quite amazing.
erikthegman  +   481d ago
If PS4 with its new camera can provide a dance central game that is accurate then that's a no to the nextbox. After getting plus for my vita I have to admit the value Sony offers with its services is amazing, although where I come from psn prices are a little over priced. Microsoft will have to win back its loyal supporters. Free Xbox live, a more diverse game library, a PlayStation plus like service and less focus on Kinect might sway me but as of now PS4 is lookin like a sexy beast of a console
from the beach  +   481d ago
Absolute insta-buy.
Gamer-40  +   481d ago
Maybe.
Cheaper-than ps4 and this games coming.

The Witcher 3
Cyberpunk 2077
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes
Final Fantasy
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Thief 4
DooM 4
Fable 4
Forza 5
Deep Down

Ps4 most-anticipated game for me: Gran Turismo.
Clarence  +   481d ago
Nope. I'm tired of gears and mass effect is now on Playstation.
@ gamer39
Are you saying that the only game your looking forward to on the PS4 is Grand Turismo? How do you know the next xbox will be cheaper?

Most of those games on your list will be on the PS4.
#28 (Edited 481d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Gamer-40  +   481d ago
Yes, i know. But this games important for me on next-gen, and GT.
Sony biggest system seller brand: Gran Turismo. New xbox same price ps4, i buy ps4, cheaper than ps4 and this games coming, buy xbox first.
Trago1337  +   481d ago
.....We don't know anything about the console yet, how can you choose now?
hennessey86  +   481d ago
Finally
Someone who talks sense. Bubbles
Jek_Porkins  +   481d ago
Well I want to see the console, get a price and release date before I make any decisions. This is kind of a dumb question considering the next Xbox hasn't been confirmed and we don't know a single fact about it.

I have bought every Microsoft console at launch however, and most of my favorite franchises are on that particular branded console. That being said, if the price is $500 or more I'll be happy to stick with my current consoles and my Wii U until the prices drop.
strickers  +   481d ago
Every MS console at launch ? 2 consoles ?
I bought all 3 this Gen after 2 gen of PS only.
It was a mistake. Wii was worst console I've ever owned( since 1st 48k Spectrum) and 360 only needed for Gears and L4D. We don't even know if either of those would be exclusive next gen.
L4D very unlikely.
PS4 only next Gen is my logical conclusion . Almost all the good 3rd party and Sony are my favourite publisher .
Jek_Porkins  +   481d ago
yea, bought the original Xbox when it launched and the Xbox 360 way back in 2005 when it launched. I tend to prefer the Microsoft consoles, especially for my online gaming needs, but as I said earlier it needs to be priced right or I will just wait. I bought a Wii U at launch because it fit my price criteria.

Who knows if there will be another L4D? I don't, but I would wager a years salary that Microsoft keeps Gears exclusive, that is their second biggest franchise and I highly doubt they don't come up with the money to keep it exclusive.

I probably bought an Xbox 360 for Gears and the original for Halo, but I have found some of my favorite 360 games are little known titles or titles that didn't sell well, Lost Odyssey, Ninety Nine Nights, Ninja Blade, Viva Pinata, Kameo, Chromehounds, Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant. I'm sure a lot of people probably haven't played or heard of these games, but I own all of them.

Good on you for going with Sony, I'll eventually get the next PlayStation as well, I usually get all the consoles every generation just like this past one. I was able to get a 360 and Wii on launch and a PS3 a couple of years after launch when it was a bit more worth it.
« 1 2 »