Comments (53)
iGAM3R-VIII  +   413d ago
OMG OMG OMG --> FIFA 14, NFS, etc.
Jobesy  +   413d ago
Lol, I like your excitement. This conference came out of nowhere. Conference is in <30 minutes! 1:20 Pacific, 4:20 Eastern.
#1.1 (Edited 413d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Autodidactdystopia  +   413d ago
it turned out to be great news depending on how you look at it
AngelicIceDiamond  +   413d ago
ME4!? New Ip's!? BF4!?
#1.2 (Edited 413d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
2pacalypsenow  +   413d ago
Cant wait to see how fifa is on Ps4 its great on ps3/xbox 360 i hope tons of more content on ps4
#1.3 (Edited 413d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
zeddy  +   413d ago
i would love another nfs underground <3
jaymart2k  +   412d ago
It will be made by Criteron Games tho, they don't do custom cars.

Look at there history.
GribbleGrunger  +   413d ago
Specifically about the PS4?! Ok, so when does this actually start?
iGAM3R-VIII  +   413d ago
I tried to listen but it said I had to register and I was about to do it but I'm not in a company *sigh* I guess I will have to read the follow-up
DatNJDom81  +   413d ago
Jump in now. I put a bullcrap company and bullcrap game. I'm listening to it now. They are talking about microtransaction within the game with this new connectivity. I kind of dont like this.

Edit: They are talking about mobile gaming and being able to play battlefield on a mobile phone and tablet.
#1.6.1 (Edited 413d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report
ThanatosDMC  +   413d ago
It's gonna go with "Our games will cost $70 and will have day 1 DLC for $30 season pass."

Activision would then make an announcement to make their games cost $80 with less content. Then show a new COD, a new WoW expansion and Diablo 3.
Prodigy-X  +   413d ago
BF4!!!!!!!!!!! On PS4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JetsFool3500  +   413d ago
I Hope So, Im Trashin COD Next-Gen For BF4
MariaHelFutura  +   413d ago
I'm with you. I'm soooooo ready for BF4, I still play BF3 basically everyday.
Yes let's listen to the gameplay..
#2.3 (Edited 413d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
MariaHelFutura  +   413d ago
If they're showing it there, it'll get leaked/released for the public shortly after.
Scholla  +   412d ago
@shutUpAndTakeMyMoney lmbooooo
#2.3.2 (Edited 412d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
007Bond   413d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(1)
KrisButtar  +   413d ago
Dragon age 3? As well maybe BF4?

Edit don't really care about shooters.
#3 (Edited 413d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
abzdine  +   413d ago
now this is what i'm talking about!!! in 25min
#4 (Edited 413d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
perfectCarbonara  +   413d ago
Mirrors Edge 2, the time is now the console is PS4.
#5 (Edited 413d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
profgerbik  +   413d ago
Hell yes! ^
BitbyDeath  +   413d ago
New first party confirmed!

/jk
#6 (Edited 413d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Soldierone  +   413d ago
NHL 14 on the Vita and PS4 please
jukins  +   413d ago
hopefully nhl makes the cut for the first round of ea games. cant wait.
Evolve  +   413d ago
Can't wait for Battlefield 4 with dinosaurs mode
Lucreto  +   413d ago
I wonder if they will mention Dragon Age 3 will be on the PS4 or not.
profgerbik  +   413d ago
Meh I will just wait for the summary. Too lazy right now to sign up in order to listen to this webcast.
#11 (Edited 413d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
MAULxx  +   413d ago
Yeah, I'm too lazy too. Maybe someone can fill us in afterwards.
doublejj  +   413d ago
i would like to hear what EA has to say about the PS4 seeing as we haven't heard anything from them since the press conference last week.
GiantFriendlyCrab  +   413d ago
pics or it didnt happen
Grimhammer00  +   413d ago
Please Mirrors Edge 2!!!!
kmanmx  +   413d ago
Yeah I don't think you'll see anything in the way of proper announcements at an investors conference call. He'll mention amazing new IPs in the work, not giving any names, and perhaps a prediction of future growth and EPS.
thebigman  +   413d ago
I'm listening to it now and he did reveal some interesting info:
-PS4 is 1oX the power of previous generations
-Time it took previously(months) during development will now take days
-1080p 60fps is definitely possible and a focus
-More seamless world fully imagined by the developers
-Cross platoform, cloud gaming
-85 games down to 15 core games during the current generation, allowing a smoother transition
-100 million delta of expenses
-5-10% increase in dev cost
doublejj  +   413d ago
im listening as well and its a very informative interview and i really like what i am hearing right now.
Qrphe  +   413d ago
How helpful
dcbronco  +   413d ago
If I'm under standing your post correctly, point two says things that used to take months now takes days to develop. But, the last point is development cost will rise 5-10%.

If I understand that correctly, this is why I hate corporations. He's saying it takes them far less time to develop, which cuts their cost a ton. But they're going to raise the price 15% basically because it looks so good.
xursz  +   413d ago
larger worlds, better animations, etc., will raise dev costs. The reason it's not more than 10% is because now the system is easier to develop for.
dcbronco  +   413d ago
@xursz

If that was the case the price would never go back down So that isn't it. They want us to pay more period and they are using better graphics and features as an excuse. Plus they want us to foot the bill for new engines. It's pure greed.
thebigman  +   413d ago
@dcbronco The only thing that gives me hope in all this is the fact that Sony stated that games wouldn't be more than 60 dollars. It makes me think that EA is either saying that to make their investors happy or that's how pricing will be for the next xbox
mav805  +   413d ago
According to the post, EA didn't say a word about increasing the price of the games, they said that development costs would increase. Entirely different.

In the context, while speaking to investors, it is a good thing that they expect costs to only increase 5-10%, remember when Epic's Tim Sweeney said next game production costs could double, triple, etc? http://www.gamesradar.com/n... Five to ten percent is nothing compared to investors worried about those kinds of costs.

Doesn't mean cost of games increase necessarily, and Sony has already said they would be $.99 - $60, so EA needs to decide to either sell more, spend less, or accept fewer in profits.
#15.1.7 (Edited 413d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report
jmac53  +   413d ago
They just said games may cost $69 this next generation! F&@$!
thebigman  +   413d ago
Who sets the prices? I thought Sony said games wouldn't be more expensive than 60$ on the PS4. So maybe the next xbox will have more expensive games?
doublejj  +   413d ago
i think that its a fair move to have the price change in coincidence with the development standpoint and i understand why they said this. seeing as how back in 1997 some games that i played growing up and that were advertising in the toys r us paper i seen form that year. games were in the $70 to $79 dollar range when they first came out.
testerg35  +   413d ago
I don't understand the additional cost. Since they also develop for the PC, wouldn't they share resources?
abzdine  +   413d ago
he just confirmed BF4 for PS4 he said he saw it run on it and he blown aaway
godofboobees  +   413d ago
Give me a freedom fighters sequel!
TheCommonDan  +   413d ago
EA's no show at the PS4 reveal was due to different timings but support is coming with announcements between now and E3
Sharp  +   413d ago
It seems as if EA was not sure about PS4 until Sony blew everyone's mind with the presentation and the details of the system. Now that everybody wants to get their hands on PS4, devs and gamers alike, EA just had to do a quick "conference" to tell everyone they are on-board. Keep the good news coming, maybe we can finally get a focused core gaming market next gen with Sony's hardest of the hard core games and Nintendo's innovative, but colorful approach.

Microsoft reaps what they sow, they dishonored their customers and they will pay for it. Dishonored 2 should be about a guy who destroys M$ corporation with gamepad and move!
nevin1  +   413d ago
Let me know when they talk about a proper Madden. I havent played once since the PS2 days.

Also are they going reenter the basketball genre?
ame22  +   413d ago
They're trying to make up for the lack of EA in Sony's meeting, I like it.
mr.selfdestruct  +   413d ago
PS4 and BF4 a math made in heaven!!!!