Comments (29)
ShugaCane  +   574d ago
Don't change anything, don't self-censor your game Kojima. People trust you and certainly won't fail you. Hold on to that but please, don't alter your game for a wider audiance. A lot of people out there are starving for maturity in video games. MGS 4 showed an old man about to shot himself and it sold damn well !
#1 (Edited 574d ago ) | Agree(29) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
BlmThug  +   574d ago
+1 Koji is my favourite developer by far and I really do not want him to alter or change his original visions due to casual gamers
blackbeld  +   574d ago
Hope this game will be Playstation Exclusive. We all knows what happens to multi plats games.

Btw. Xbox fanboys likes splinter cell more so its not even worth to make it for the xbox. They just don't deserve this beautiful franchise.

Just let them cry.
KwietStorm  +   574d ago
That trailer where Snake was about to kill himself was never in the final game though..was it? I don't recall. There's a difference between censoring for a wider audience versus censoring just to get on store shelves though.
BiggCMan  +   574d ago
It is, just slightly different and more emotional than the original.

Outside_ofthe_Box  +   574d ago
***"I’m prioritising creativity over sales"***

I wish all devs and publishers were like that.
ratcop22  +   574d ago
Ta\hanks for a spoiler.
ritsuka666  +   574d ago
Love Kojima >.<
Kojima is best dev ever. Anyway, I think Kojima is really the guy to create something like that and push maturity in video games.
#2 (Edited 574d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
N0S3LFESTEEM  +   574d ago
Rated M... make use of it.
DigitalSmoke  +   574d ago
Love Metal Gear, i hope they atatck the animations a bit this time around, they did looked a bit simple and robotic (Besides the cut scenes) in MGS4.

Amazing story though.
#4 (Edited 574d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
sonicsidewinder  +   574d ago
Totally agree.

If the early gameplay is anything to go by though, it looks like this will be a non-issue.

Smooth and organic over un-even terrain.
infamousinfolite  +   574d ago
I'm sure they would and if this would to come out for the PS4, I'm sure animations will be top notch.
TheGamerDood  +   574d ago
I think most gamers are tired of being treated like children. We face harsh realities in our lives everyday so I think we'll be ok with what ever you have in mind, Kojima. But please don't censor your work and don't worry about sales numbers, just create the best game that you possibly can and the rest will take care of itself.
Braid  +   574d ago
Huh. We've seen so much weird sh#t in gaming so far though, I honestly don't think you can top some of that.

I take it that's the "taboo game" Kojima has been talking about in the past, then. Bring it on, Kojima-san.
#6 (Edited 574d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
sdozzo  +   574d ago
Let me tell you why our game won't sell well... Really. Nice excuse. Konami or not.
Narastel  +   574d ago
I really want Kojima to take his vision to where it in his mind should be. Gaming has to take these steps to close the gap with tv and movies. The industry has to tackle these things so games can be taken more seriously as an important artform or what ever you want to call it (social commentary is one of the best ways to do so). And if these taboos are the kind that end up being in the news and parents blogs then i understand that it might impact some "kid"gamers but at the same time it could get some free advertisement so some other audience might jump into the fantastic mind of Hideo Kojima. So no, i don't think he should worry about the sales, i think it will sell as expected especially now that it is multiplat. What do you think these taboos are? I think that the concept of child soldiers is one of them. SPOILERS: As we know Big Boss used child soldiers in Outern Heaven as he tried get his vision of becoming free from the governments and systems to come true (also i think Zero and Solidus used them too). There could be some conflict in that Big Boss is the father figure for them and at the same time uses them as tools to get his vision of freedom to come true (maybe some personal conflict of Big Boss too about what he's doing). Also cloning could be one of these taboos. What do you people think? I'm very interested in your opinions.
#8 (Edited 574d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DigitalRaptor  +   574d ago
This is definitely a next generation game, if not cross generational. Can't wait to hear more about the next gen. Sony's approach has me pumped.

The industry NEEDS mature games that push boundaries and the mainstream perception that games are only for children and young adults NEEDS to change.

For gods sake, Django Unchained came out not long ago. This industry needs more respect and confidence in itself.
#9 (Edited 574d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Godchild1020  +   574d ago
There are a lot of adults that play your games Kojima, so don't you dare not release this game.
GoldenMonkey34   574d ago | Spam
v0rt3x  +   574d ago
What could be so taboo?

I'm thinking - if the Postal series got released, why not this game? =P

- Rape?
- Child Abuse?
- Animal Cruelty?

If it's not any of those - I'm sure it'll be fine.
Septic  +   573d ago
What about a child abusing animal rapist?
if you think it might be a problem make an option to turn it off

i would like that too, because then lots of younger people wouldn't have to miss out on it-nobody should miss out on an mgs game
#13 (Edited 574d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Nate-Dog  +   574d ago
I think it's just looking for publicity, nothing new for Kojima doing things like this in mysterious ways. Heck how many times has he said he's excited to announce and talk about his Project Ogre because of the taboo nature of the game?
#14 (Edited 574d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
007Bond  +   574d ago
I KNOW for a fact this game will be amazing no matter what, can't wait.
WTF? is there a scene where snake gets raped?

but in all seriousness, there have been some seriously graphic m games that've come out: far cry 3, God of War, mw2's airport scene...

what could be so bad that this wont be rated m

edit:oh, nevermind, the article never said anything about him being worried it wouldn't be appropriate enough to be m, so forget what you read
#16 (Edited 573d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
pissed999  +   573d ago
Alot of pretentious twaddle from a guy who makes rambo knockoffs that have the subtilty and nuance of a brick. I'm sick of these console developers claiming they are making games "grow up". Your average pc indie game is more grown up than anything they have put out.
aliengmr  +   573d ago
I'm sure the game will be great.

But really, this is obvious hype. I'd sooner believe R* thinking GTV5 won't sell well because its too taboo.
Omega Zues  +   573d ago
This is why I love Kojima and his studio.

With each product, they continue to push the envelope. Its something this industry needs.
DAS692  +   573d ago
Now THIS game I can't wait for... (MGR:R) SMH!!!