Comments (26)
Donnieboi  +   433d ago
Activision, the kings of oversaturation. As if the kids who like it today will even care about this in 3 years, let alone 10...
-GametimeUK-  +   433d ago
A lot of children TV shows have lasted 10 years +. As some kids outgrow the game their could be more who newly discover it.

Not saying that I want this game to be around in 10 years. I would like my child to play a more traditional Spyro game.
Zodiac  +   433d ago
New kids can't be born?
Root  +   432d ago
It was a problem but Clive Owen saved the day
RustedMan  +   432d ago
they were all transported to a different planet while Nicholas Cage and the rest of the world went up in flames.
Bathyj  +   432d ago
well thanks mr blow the picture for me
vlonjati77  +   432d ago
hahaha.by the way now that I read your name im going to watch chinese zodiac with Jackie Chan,he is my fav.gnight
hahaha nice one Bathyj
#1.2.4 (Edited 432d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Knight_Crawler  +   432d ago
Sony must be wishing they never sold Spyro.

Edit: Never knew that and this coming from a hardcore PS 1 and PS2 gamer...always thought Sony owned both Spyro and Crash.
#1.3 (Edited 432d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Root  +   432d ago
He was never Sony's to begin with, he was Universals who sold him along with Crash to another company thus jumping to developer to developer untill they ended up with Acitivison.
Soldierone  +   433d ago
I don't know a single kid that knows what the game is or has any interest in the game at all. I help at schools and have little brothers, not one kid.

Thats what I don't get. Angry Birds, fine I can see stupid people that go crazy whenever they see the red bird slapped on something. However Skylanders? I see so much stuff with it slapped on it, yet no interest from anyone. So where is coming from? What market is buying it?

I saw Skylanders costumes, didn't see one kid wear it on Halloween. I saw Minecraft, Halo, and Assassins Creed though....
profgerbik  +   433d ago
It is kind of like who are the people really supporting the band One Direction? I guess the answer would be really immature kids but it's like still someone invested a crap load of money into that band just to make them popular.

I mean who else in their right mind takes that kind of music seriously? Same goes for things like this that are just trying so hard to pull money out of children's pockets.

I guess people invest money knowing it will make even more money off of immature kids who don't know any better. It is hard for me to imagine that is a completely sustainable market but obviously it is.
#2.1 (Edited 433d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Soldierone  +   433d ago
Thats what i'm saying though. I hate One Direction, but I still see the people that go crazy for them. I see stuff with their logo on it, and people go buy it, or stores actually use their stock.

However with Skylanders, when it first came out yeah people were buying it, but ever since the initial "this is cool" phase I havent seen anything. The entire aisle for Skylanders in all my local stores are now gone. In the Wal-marts, the original game and set pieces are on clearance right now, other sets are "on sale" to clear some room. The costumes went on clearance, and a lot of the pillows and so on are also on clearance.

So I'm thinking "well I guess its over?" Nope, walk in a week later and there are entirely different Skylanders things in place. Valentine stuff or something.

I'm just curious where "hot" areas of this are because its definitely not my area. There is no way in hell its as successful as Activision says if all areas are like mine.
profgerbik  +   433d ago
I still am completely lost as to what this even is? I just see the expensive toys at stores other than that I had no idea it was an actual game.

Just from the toys alone I am assuming the game must be fairly awful?
#3 (Edited 433d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
aPerson  +   433d ago
Watch some gameplay and judge for yourself. I have the first game and it's a lot of fun.

[Skip to 4:10]

Related video
#3.1 (Edited 433d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Thirty3Three  +   433d ago
Well, shit.
brettyd  +   433d ago
Ha I was just listening to parents complaining about how much their kids love this stuff, and how expensive they are. Thats why I never want kids, making you spend you're money on stupid sh*t they won't care about in a year.
#5 (Edited 433d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Honest_gamer  +   433d ago
i dont get this game or the point in it HOWEVER no mater what game shop i go in, i see atleast one person spending £100+ on it be either a kid spending birthday money, or a parent buying it for there kids, i think it's sort of this the kids version of my pokemon, when i was a kid pokemon was the rage, now it seams to be this still got no idea what it si thought or what them statues do
0pie  +   433d ago
so... its fair to say we will see at least 10 skylanders.... ewwwwww
Root  +   432d ago
See Skylanders has become it own own brand so much that Spyro is no longer needed.....give him to Sony Activision
MikeMyers  +   432d ago
Why Sony, so that they can limit it's availability? Why not give it back to Insomniac?
Root  +   432d ago
because people want it like the good old days

Insomniac are doing stuff with EA now and the quality of their games are dropping.

If it goes back to Sony, they could give it to NaughtyDog, they are the closest studio to do a Spyro Game
#8.1.1 (Edited 432d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report
MikeMyers  +   432d ago
Naughty Dog probably has better things to do that to revive an old franchise like this. Resistance 3 was actually better than Resistance 2, it just didn't sell well. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time was also an awesome game. So there is no correlation of them having a steady decline in quality. You are also most likely prejudging Fuse without playing the full game, but what else is new?

"because people want it like the good old days"

Like when Insomniac made them. Once again you get your foot in your mouth.
#8.2 (Edited 432d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Th3 Chr0nic  +   432d ago
If anyone can beat a dead horse for 10 years...its Activi$ion
Jek_Porkins  +   432d ago
Bottom line is kids like it, I'm an adult and I enjoyed both of the games, good teaching tool for people to get them into deeper RPG's.

Not sure how I feel about a yearly release, but it's not like I'm forced to buy it. I know if I were a business I'd try to make as much money as possible, so I cant fault them.
Bathyj  +   432d ago
fkn scamlanders.

biggest rip off yet. a game to sell toys just to use charactors that should just be in the game and then a new game comes out and the old toys dont work on it.

trust me, if youre getting this (you probably shouldnt, there are much better platformers around) do some research on what toys work with what games and portal.

seriously, scamlanders
iWishTifaWasReal  +   432d ago
Screw you Activision. sell this series back to Insomniac and Sony.